A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Where is the best place to get headphones. I like - PAMT

Posted: Mar 08, 2012

the type like a stethoscope that go right into the ear that are plastic.  I dont like the aluminum ones.  Mine are just falling apart it seems.  I also have a dictator that hardly talks into the phone and I cant get the volume up any higher than their system so that is also a problem. 

I like the headset with the more rounded button that - PAMT

[ In Reply To ..]
snaps on. It has a better sound than the button that is more oblong or rectangular or whatever.

try transcription gear - thats where I went

[ In Reply To ..]
all kinds of headsets

I love the ear buds (cheap) that the kids use with IPods - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
they, too, go inside the ear and the covering on them fits really well (and comofortably), blocking out all outside noise. and they provide the best balanced stereo sound, not one-sided, I have every heard.

Try a set of those before buying, just for the heck of it.

I did get a set of those. The cord is a tiny bit short but it may work. I - PAMT

[ In Reply To ..]
was not sure what that little silver button on the side is for. These are Music Gear noise reducing earbuds. I wish the cord was about one foot longer because I plug right into the back of my computer and it hangs right over my keyboard. I will try them out Monday when I get back to work.

Similar Messages:

Hum In Headphones
Mar 08, 2012

I run my headphones through my speakers because I can get a lot more volume; however, I recently moved and now I seem to be getting a hum noise.  Everything is hooked up the same so not sure what the deal is.  Any ideas?  Thanks! ...

Are Headphones With USB Better?
Apr 17, 2012

Really looking for crisper sound but also need volume (now using a sound booster) .  One of my accounts is ridiculously low volume, and I can barely hear with the booster and volume maxed. Do you feel USB headphones have better quality sound?  If so, can you get the volume as high as if using a booster? ...

Need To Buy A New Set Of Headphones
Aug 28, 2013

I need to buy a new set of headphones and I was just wondering what are some of the good ones out there?  I bought a really nice set, but they don't fit into the comuter.  Thanks for any help you can offer! ...

Most Comfortable Headphones
Oct 15, 2009

Which headphones do you like the best in terms of comfort and quality? Some of the ones that fit inside the ears, the earbuds, make my ears sore. My boss suggested the noise-canceling kind that fit over the ears, but they are very expensive and they also look like they were be very heavy to wear. Any recommendations would be great, thank you. ...

Comfortable Headphones
Oct 18, 2009

I've always used just cheap stereo headphones but I want to try some of the ones that are made specifically for transcription. The problem is the kind that fit inside my ears can hurt, the ones that are more rounded buds and have foam on them. What headphones do you recommend that are comfortable inside the ear? I tried some recently from a fellow MT and I think they were made by Lanier but I can't remember, but they seemed comfortable. Is Lanier the best also for sound quality? I loo ...

Good Headphones?
Dec 03, 2009

Hi...My headphones bit the dust.  I like over-the-ear headphones.  It is hard to find a store that has a setup so you can listen to the sound quality.  What brands/models do you all like for better voice discrimination?  Thanks in advance. ...

Headphones. Can Anyone Suggest A
Dec 31, 2009

to buy, perhaps from Radio Shack or online?  The headset that came with my Bayscribe pedal is just a standard transcription headset.  Since many of the dictators think that whispering or talking with their mouths away from the microphone is acceptable, I need to upgrade.  Any help would be appreciated. ...

Interference With Headphones
Oct 23, 2010

Does anyone use a laptop with a wireless router and does it cause any interference on your headphones?  Sometimes my cellphone will cause a clicking/crackling sound in my headphones when it rings, so I'm wondering if a router will do the same thing.  Thanks! ...

Best Headphones/headset?
Oct 23, 2010

Hi, I'm taking classes right now to be an MT, and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a really good brand of headphones or headsets?  Particularly, are there any out there that can boost sound quality? Thanks! ...

Decent Headphones
Jan 07, 2011

I just graduated and am starting the job search process. The headphones I used during school are pretty trashed. I want to get a decent pair that aren't super expensive. Does anyone have any suggestions/pair they really like? ...

Wireless Headphones
Sep 04, 2011

Does anyone have or know of where to get wireless headphones.  My cat has chewed through the wires of 3 sets of headphones (at $18 each its getting expensive).  After the first 2 sets I have been putting them in a drawer when not in use, but the cord sticks out of the drawer attached to the computer and she found her way around the box while I was watching TV and now my third set is gone.  Within seconds she chews right through the cord.  So, since there are wireless keyboard ...

Your Opinion - Best Headphones
Oct 11, 2011

Just wondering what kind of headphones are your favorites and why? I need a new pair but wanted some ideas of what everyone is using. ...

Headphones Vs Earphones
Sep 24, 2012

I am having trouble with some cheap head phones or ear phones.  They sound muffled, but I have tried just about everything. I even had some Sonys and they were not that great.  Any suggestions on what ear phones are good to use transcribing? ...

Headphones Suggestions?
Sep 26, 2013

Switching from medical to general transcription and need a better set of headphones to pick up the different voices...Any suggestions? ...

Headphones Or Earphones
Oct 16, 2013

I'm new to transcription at home.  I have a pair of Spectra headphones I ordered from Amazon.com, but I'm doing transcription for a pathology account where there is a lot of background noise.  I don't want to spend $200, but are there any earphones or headphones that work really well for our line of work that aren't too expensive?   ...

What Type Of Headphones Do You Use? Why?
Nov 11, 2013

Another post got me wondering, what type of headphones / ear buds do you use and why? I, personally, switched to (in-ear) ear buds about 5 to 6 years ago.  I found a pair of Skull Candy (yes, odd name but good ear buds) that I loved and have used them since.  They have a lifetime warranty (which I've used a couple times just due to daily use, and have never had an issue).  I actually keep a backup pair in case they break, etc.  They're just the cheap ones, I belie ...

Earbuds Or Headphones
Jan 03, 2014

I need some advice.  I currently use earbuds.  I was wondering what is better -- earbuds or headphones to use in transcription.  Also, which brand is the best for noise canceling or noise isolation?  Thank you for any information you can provide me in making my decision for a new purchase.   ...

Recommendations For Headphones?
Feb 23, 2014

For best audio quality?  TIA ...

BEST HEADPHONES FOR TRANSCRIPTION
Sep 14, 2014

Can anyone recommend the best headset for transcription?  I have just been offered a nice transcription job, but second shift.  I know I will tire by the end of my shift, so I need to know that I can still hear at that time.  I heard Bose is good, but is that good for transcription? ...

Where Can I Order Headphones
Dec 30, 2014

Where can I order headphones that are of good quality and will not need a second mortgage to afford?  Thanks ...

Headphones Good Set ?
Mar 02, 2015

I would like some good input on a "good" set of headphones.  I have used Bose QuietComfort in-ear headphones, which work fine, but I am looking for something with better clarity.  I have tried Sennheiser HD 598, but can hear others around me at times.  I am partially deaf in my right ear due to several ear infections in my adult years.  I want to see what other folks are using and decide which ones to purchase.  I look forward to your feedback and suggestions. Thank you in advance for yo ...

Headphones - What Kind Do You Use & Recommend?
Mar 25, 2010

I was just wondering what kind of headphones you guys use and recommend?   Thanks! ...

Using Bose Headphones On A C-phone
Jul 25, 2010

Does anyone know if you can use Bose QC headphones while using a C-phone for transcription?  Any information appreciated.  It would break my heart to give up these awesome headphones.  Thanks. ...

Cord For Stethoscope Headphones
Sep 02, 2010

Does anyone know if there is a place where you can buy just a new cord?  I have a short in mine.  I hate to have to replace the whole thing, but I can't seem to find a place that sells just the cord.    Thanks,   Dawn ...

Planning On Purchasing A Set Of New Headphones
Oct 19, 2010

I am planning on purchasing a set of new headphones and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what's best.  I have only used Sony or Panasonic (probably cheap) in the past but I am having trouble sorting out the white noise.  Can anyone tell me your experience?  They can get pretty pricey but I am willing to pay for quality and clarity.  Thanks Much.  ...

White Noise In My Headphones??
Mar 08, 2011

I have alot of white noise in my headphones. I just started transcribing for a new doc- he speaks very very low- almost mumbles.... and I cant even hear what he says sometimes- when I turn up my earphones.. the whitenoise gets worse.  is there a brand that is best for reducing the noise?? or what i should be looking for.   ...

Trouble Hearing Out Of One Ear On Headphones
Oct 08, 2011

Help - Have no sound on right side of my headset listening to a tape in my Lanier.  Headset works in Express Scribe, though.  If I switch out the headphones for another pair, can't hear on the right side there either on the Lanier.  Lanier has been working fine up to this point.  Any suggestions as to what the problem is and how to fix it?  ...

Best Noise Cancelling Headphones?
Mar 11, 2012

I am looking for a good set of noise cancelling headphones- i don't want the kind that you have to switch on because i always forget to turn them off and the batteries die.  My friend has a great set of Sony headphones that go over the ear and totally block out sound.  I don't think they make them any more, however.  They were sonyMDR-V600.  But if anyone knows of a good brand that is comfortable over the ears and the head and fits snugly (but not too snugly) and bl ...

Question About The Logitech Headphones
Apr 12, 2012

Why did they send headphones with a mic attached to it? ...

Best Headphones For Hearing Numbers?
Jul 03, 2012

What are the best headphones for hearing numbers? The numbers are getting mushy and slowing me down... help! ...