A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What's it take to get fired from this place? - mt

Posted: Sep 05, 2012

I made more money on UE than this job.  How can I get fired?  I try.  I disappeared w/out notice for 2 weeks.  No one said 1 word to me.  I don't always work my shift.  If i'm sick of it, I quit.  I never work overtime.   FIRE ME ALREADY. 

LOL. Beats me. sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm laughing at the fact that they did not note you were AWOL, not at your situation. This is really crazy. Here I am worried about being 10 minutes late for my shift, and you take 2 weeks off unnoticed.

No kidding! I figured I was fired for sure. s/m - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
Decided to see if I could log back in and yep. Really laughed the day I approved my time sheet with only 4 hours for 2 weeks, and yet, not 1 word was said. I have never hated a place like I hate this one.

Unbelievable! - Thanks for letting us know!

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

I knew someone who disappeared for 2 YEARS, then - sat down to work again with no problem.

[ In Reply To ..]
No one said a thing. Still an employee, program still worked, same accounts still there.

Any my company tells me I'll be fired if I make one single mistake. I've made quite a few since then, and no, haven't been fired yet, unfortunately.

I quit Transcend in good order, found out by accident - I was still an "employee" three years

[ In Reply To ..]
later, tried signing on to an old account to see if I could--yep! Signed off just as quickly for obvious reasons without opening any reports, but...really! I've been wondering if that's still true since it's been acquired by Nuance, but I won't try to find out.

Op, I don't understan. What's the benefit in being fired since it disqualifies you from UI?

does not necessarily disqualify you. s/m - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
Depends on the circumstances and whether or not the employer wants to "fight" it. Mine did not.

This was the reason I was fired: "Did not do enough difficult dictators."

Uh, how can someone tell me what's difficult to me and what's not????

The work came from a pool. Before the supervisor shows up, the night people cherry pick. There is a work order, but again, no one does it so all the admit notes from midnight, for example, are still there because they didn't like the dictator.

I did the work order. I did not have to send very many blanks to supervisor. I have been a MT for 30 years. I know my job.

I received the email at 3:15 p.m. The timestamp on the email was 8:30 a.m.

My power flcked off enough to mess up my computer. By the time I got back in and everything up, I was locked out of the system and then received the email. I had been with this company for 14 years. Nice, huh?

I received UE for 2 months until I took the first job offered to me, which sucks. The above is exactly what I told the UE office and I got my UE. I should have just sat back and collected it for the 16 weeks, but I'm in FL and there is no extension, so I took the first job offered to me. What a mistake that was.

Wow!, on the locking out. 14 years. Unbelievable. UI--most - people do not have a good enough reason. BTW,

[ In Reply To ..]
here at Nuance, I too often now am getting dumped with someone's leavings. A couple of weeks ago 100 LPH for 4 hours, mixed editing and transcription of the worst stuff imaginable. I'm fast well above average and haven't done 100 LPH since I was a newbie. I have hung up on some of this stuff, too.

You should immediately call Transcend/Nuance - mt too

[ In Reply To ..]
technical support and have all of their software removed from your personal computer. Even though Transcend's support team should have contacted you as soon as you quit to remove all of their software, you should know that the right thing to do is to call and have this taken care of ASAP. I would not think many transcriptionists would feel comfortable having access to a company's sensitive software when their employment ended three years ago.

RU kidding? - Wow!

[ In Reply To ..]
Now this pisses me off. This really shows how Nuance does not care about their employees if they did not notice you were gone. I BARELY ever get reply emails from my TL too. Upper management is not doing their jobs. ALl they care about is the dollar sign. I CANNOT WAIT TO QUIT THIS PLACE!

I kid you not. No one called or emailed to see where I was. s/m - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
So when I quit, guess what - no notice. They won't miss me anyway - lol.

lines and QA - newmag

[ In Reply To ..]
Just out of curiosity, what does Nuisance require for an hourly line count on VR and what is their QA standard, percentage-wise. Are they paying 4 cents a line for VR?

I think I will disappear the last 2 weeks of September - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Right now my QA score is 99.2%. If I don't work the last 2 weeks of the quarter, they can't deliberately fail me those last 2 weeks (which I am convinced they do).

Similar Messages:

Got Fired From The Q - Ha Ha
Feb 24, 2010

Well, I was officially fired yesterday.  Up until last summer, I was one of their top producers, never having an accuracy problem.  The reason I got fired?  I got sick. Early last summer, I let a UTI go for 10 days (lived off Rx strength OTC Pyridium) until I was severely septic and urinating almost pure blood and clots.  I also had a kidney infection, kidney stones and bladder stones.  Thought it was over.  IIRC, the urinary organism was proteus mirabilis.  I ...

Getting Fired
Apr 01, 2010

Isn't it odd that being fired from MQ isn't a disgrace?  Being fired from any other place would be total humiliation, but I don't think anybody here would ever look down on another MT who was let go.  MQ doesn't discriminate.  They justly fire bad MTs, but they also fire good MTs who are stuck with crummy accounts, accounts that constantly have NJA, and probably a ton of reasons that are beyond our control.  ...

Fired
Apr 28, 2010

I was hired by company initials "P" under the conditions that my computer meet their specifications.  I was told my computer met their specification and then offered employment.  I accepted. Their technicians worked on my computer for 2 weeks straight and installed faulty software, and then I was told my system would not meet their specifications and I needed to have my computer XP deleted and reinstalled or buy a new computer.  I had my computer checked out and was told my c ...

I Don't Really Want To Get Fired From Q
Dec 08, 2010

it really wouldn't be such a bad thing ...

I Was Fired
Jun 14, 2011

I was fired. I started with Medquist in 1998. They fired me in 1997. I was hired and Spheris and became a Medquist employee after they bought Spheris. I was fired again today. I just hope Medquist eventually stabilizes and the employees are happy again. I hope I find something suitable for me. I wish the best for all. It's been one hell of a bumpy and uneven ride. Bon voyage to me!!! ...

Getting Fired??
May 05, 2012

If you have had a written warning on 3/31 and I am going to assume after a failing audit score on 1 report I did, is firing next?? Really can use input regarding this and unemployment, or really anything you can think of? ...

Getting Fired....
Jun 28, 2012

this may sound stupid, but how does one go about getting fired from this God-awful company?...i sit here in tears daily, and can't look for another job because i am tied to this desk 14 hours a day and not even making minimum wage...i want to be able to collect unemployment for just a few weeks until i can find a real company to work for... ...

When You Get Fired
Nov 04, 2012

does mmodal pay unused acrued pto. when do they pay you for work performed before being fired? ...

How To Get Fired
Jun 12, 2013

Has anyone been fired and able to draw unemployment from this ridiculous company? I just can't take it anymore, want to quit, but think if I can somehow draw unemployment that would be great for me. If I do not show up to work will I be let go? I know this seems ridiculous to be asking, but hey, these large do-not-care-a-bit-about-you companies bring out the worst in some of us.  This one is definitely the worse company I have ever worked for, and it shames me to have to work ...

How To Get Fired?
Apr 02, 2014

Does anyone know what would be grounds for getting fired by Nuance? ...

Just Got Fired
Jun 10, 2014

I just wanted to let those who are following my story over the last few weeks that they just fired me. Not sure what I'll do now. ...

Did I Just Get Fired
Feb 26, 2015

in the middle of a Thursday... ...

So I Wonder If I Will Be Fired Or WHAT....just Do It Already Then
Mar 04, 2015

So I've been going back and forth since the beginning of this "safety pay plan" getting around 99.5% to 100% for 2 weeks then falling off the grid at 98% (and once much lower), back on the grid, back off.  I guess one week I'm an excellent MT and the next I totally suck.  I am just so stressed thinking they are going to fire me.  I am sure it would be a blessing in disguise if they did, but I'm not ready yet. I am my sole source of income and I'd mostly likel ...

Fired For Low QA Scores : )
Oct 15, 2009

I am a medical transcriptionist with over 15 years of experience, and I was fired today for low audit scores.  I don't know why I am happy about this.  I guess I am just relieved to get away from a company that picks apart their employees.  What are they going to do when there is no one left?  Ironically, I have worked in many big hospitals and while our reports were reviewed, this would have never happened working in a hospital.  Does anyone know what is happening ...

Has Anyone Been Fired Because Of A Bad Audit?
Dec 03, 2009

It's obvious they're cracking down on us, nit-picking, etc., to what end?  Everyone, myself included, seem to be getting less than 98%.  Is it just to keep us on our toes, or to have ammunition to hold against us when the time comes to ship everything to India? ...

So, It Must Be My Turn To Get Fired
Jun 10, 2010

I have been targeted like crazy on audits, getting them every couple of days, and albeit there are some things I did wrong (had/has), I am getting marked for stuff like leaving a blank, sending to QA, and then marked wrong for the blank on a critical error saying I should have been able to find this.  I could not hear it, so how could I find it?  I should have just sent it to the client, but really felt that a fresh set of ears might heart what this mushmouth was saying. I guess I am ...

I Was Fired From Diskriter ...
Aug 13, 2010

I was fired from diskriter because I had quality but not the quantity. ...

FIRED FOR MOVING
Sep 02, 2010

I was recently fired from my MT position because I moved to a different state. I was a full-time employee. I was never informed of such a policy and had actually moved to this state a few years ago when working with the same company. This was apparently a new policy they had come up several months ago. The kicker is that I informed my supervisor of my move and even provided my address and nothing was said until I moved. ...

I Got Fired Today
Aug 19, 2011

I started with a new company yesterday.  I got two hours of training on their platform.  I was given five reports to transcribe.  I have been transcribing for 30 years.  TODAY, one day later, they told me I wasn't right for this client and they let me go.  I cried all day.  I was nervous about the new platform, jittery for a week before training, and loved the account.  My corrections weren't that bad for a first day of transcribing on a new account.& ...

Fired Today.
Oct 12, 2011

Well, I was up and fired in the middle of my work day today.  The reason - I didn't do ENOUGH difficult dictators.   Seriously?  I have been doing this for 30 years, 13 years at this company, which has been having financial problems for the past 5 years.  Outsourcing work to keep costs down, cutting all benefits among a few, and losing the majority of their accounts. I believe they are weeding out long-time employees to cut costs since we were still paid on a scale. &nb ...

Fiesa And Getting Fired?
Jan 21, 2013

What is the cutoff score for getting fired?  Anyone know? ...

I TRULY Believe Getting Fired From This Company
Mar 08, 2013

Really...in the current situation that this software company disguised as an MTSO is perpetrating on its highly trained MTs..there is no other way out. We can earn min wage elsewhere without the STRESS of 99.5% QA hanging over our head and line counts AND a schedule that is guaranteed. I am out from this company as well...and now I am FORCED to get off my dead ass, my lack of confidence in my appearance, improve my MS Office software skills (which I am..and I am proud and surprised how easily ...

If You Are Fired/laid Off, Do You
Apr 06, 2013

or at the end of the month. I am making appts like crazy, just in case... ...

So.......how Long Until I'm Fired?
Jun 26, 2013

I've been below the required 99% for over 12 months with QC of 10% or below. How long until they fire me? I've been a MT for a long time, but this job has been the worse. ...

Were Only P/T Employees Fired?
Aug 19, 2013

and do part time people get bennies? ...

Has Anyone Ever Been Fired From Nuance?
Sep 10, 2013

Posting on the main board to get more input.  Seems Nuance MTs live in fear of being fired after all the audits and criticism from TSMs, but has anyone actually been fired? I know MModal fires from previous posts but NOT ONE have I read about Nuance firing anyone.  Seems odd, yes?    ...

I'm So Excited...I'm Getting Fired.
Mar 04, 2014

Made an appointment with social security office.  Already receiving TIAA-CREF payout (from divorce...waited 14 years for that)  Will be getting more money than with MM without the headaches and pay cuts.  And just in time, my audit score of 96.1 this month will be a FAILURE next month.  Guitar lesssons, books, and coffee shops HERE I COME. ...

They Just Fired The Best Supervisor KF
Sep 03, 2014

KF -- best supervisor -- worked harder than anyone I have ever worked with.  Actually gave a damn about her job, the hospitals, the company, the MTs, and worked what seemed like 24/7 to prove it.  I wish I could afford to quit in solidarity.  What a truly awful place this is to work for. ...

Got Fired Today....
Oct 20, 2014

Have only been with this company for about 12 weeks.  In that time learned over 70 new docs, about 25 of which were difficult ESLs and some of the rest of which were just mumblers and soft speakers who could not be heard without jamming the headset in my ears and going back over and over.  I always plowed right through, though, thinking it is just part of the job.  They let me go today because I was not getting enough lines.  I had asked how other people seem to get the ...

So The TSMs Fired/let Go
Oct 23, 2014

If I were an East TSM, I'd have my resume ready.  ...