A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is ADP a safe sife? LifeLock is - Safe American MT

Posted: Dec 18, 2009

Just trying to sift out any type of identity theft, whether it be an MTSO, the bank, sham, or a slip & fall lawyer. 

Yesterday my personal Windows-based PC totally blocked me out, insisting I install "Security Tool," which also showed up along the way as SecTool.  I called LifeLock and asked them about it.  Per this icon which landed on my toolbar, it wanted a couple different things.  The very LEAST was a "one-time fee" of $19.95.  

This is a reminder to everyone how frequently we open links which are not safe.  I will be pursing a Mac very soon, as it has a much better antivirus program.  Windows constantly expects us to upgrade our McAfee, etc. antivirus programs.  Actually, Windows can be used on a Mac.  But it should be very easy, based on the many programs we use.

I started to question ADP.  Anyone know about them for sure?  

Thanks, & Merry Christmas!

ADP is used by many companies for processing payroll. - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know if this is the same company or not. If you use other programs besides Windows for work like Stedman's, it may not work on a Mac.

My companies have used ADP (if it is the same) for years for (SM) - Victoria

[ In Reply To ..]
handling of payroll, etc., and I have never had a problem with them. I log on to their website all of the time because of the wonderful offers that they have available to their users/companies/employees.

Again, not sure if this is the same company that you are talking about.

"Security Tool" is a rogue antivirus program. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
In other words, that popup was trying to get you to install malware, pretending to be a legitimate antivirus/antimalware program. This is a common trick. Hope you didn't fall for it.

Software and operating systems (whether Windows, Mac, or Linux) are only as safe as the user is smart/cautious.

"Security Tool" is BAD NEWS - Safe American MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I spent the entire day and then some trying to get rid of it. That's why I called LifeLock, who validated my initial thoughts. They think we're stupid!

Mac is still safer than Windows from all Mac users I have spoken to.

Merry Christmas to All!

Similar Messages:

Is Medical Coding Safe?
Aug 03, 2012

EMR is done by the physicians directly, will this happen to medical coding eventually too? ...

I Though Coding Was Safe.... Guess Not
Jun 03, 2013

I was under the impression, silly me, that medical coding would be safe from outsourcing to India, with further research I am sorry to say I was wrong, so very sad : ( http://www.medesun.com/ Back to finding a hands-on job in healthcare.   ...

How Can I Be Sure My Money Is Safe With Andrews. See Message
May 11, 2010

I cannot find them at the BBB site.  Though I can find Career Step with an A+ rating. WIth internet scams these days taking peoples money, how can I be sure that my money is safe with this program? How can I obtain more information? ...

Just Curious And This Is A Safe Place To Post. How Many OTI
Jan 24, 2011

d ...

Want A Change...is Coding Safe From Offshoring?
Oct 12, 2011

I am thinking about  becoming a CPC and starting my own business. After 14 years of transcribing...want to do something else. do you think this work is safe from India? ...