A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Landmark Transcription out of PA? - Anon

Posted: Jun 14, 2011

Do any of you work for Landmark Transcription out of PA?  I'm looking for information regarding work flow, scheduling, etc. please.  Thanks so much 

Stay away - me

[ In Reply To ..]
You will get hired for lots of work - then in a week you have no work - they lose an account and you get terminated without more than 15 mins warning. That was my experience. Crazy picky QA lady, and I mean nit-picking. IMO.

Landmark - Anon MT

[ In Reply To ..]
In my experience, the work load at Landmark is either all or nothing. And ends up being little to absolutely nothing a whole lot more than there is any work to be done.

Like the other poster, I was hired, had lots of work for the first couple of weeks, and then it basically dropped down to maybe just a couple of reports a day, if that.

Landmark might be okay if you don't need anything steady or just want to make an extra couple of dollars here and there, but I definitely wouldn't rely on them for a regular paycheck.

Landmark Transcription - hideous1

[ In Reply To ..]
I was hired and told I would be able to get 12,000 per pay period. However, many days I didn't even get one single report. When I would try to contact them about work load they were unavailable or flat-out ignored me. Not sure which one, but honestly, I'm pretty sure it was the latter of the two. It troubles me how some companies go to the trouble of hiring, signing the contract, etc. and then don't use me. I mean, they all expect to have all my info, like driver's license, SS#, many times direct deposit info. They have my name, address, phone number and email - and then they don't have any work! It's troubling to say the least.

Landmark Transcription - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
The QA lady is running the show at Landmark. She can be testy at times and plays favorites. My account was an overflow account. I finally decided to move on. Good luck!

A different perspective - Landmark MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked for Landmark for about 3 years now, all on one account which is NOT an overflow account. I have not found the QA head to be overly picky, just some slight inconsistencies between the people who do it, but nothing really major. The only time I run out of work is around the holidays, but it's a clinic account and so that is to be expected

I've only ever worked on the one account, so can only speak to my own experience, but it has been a positive one with this company.

Landmark - Also a Landmarker

[ In Reply To ..]
I do not run out of work and think it is the best company I have ever worked for. I really respect the QA person and think she is top-notch.

Happy Landmark Employee for 2 years - anon of course!

[ In Reply To ..]
1) Reliability is a two-way street. I try very very hard to do what I say I will do when I say I will do it.

2) The QA person only plays "favorites" when UNreliable employees violate rule #1.

If you had to choose where to route the work, would you route it to the person who always does what she says she'll do, or to the person who doesn't even bother to call off and never answers emails?

That said, I have been satisfied that Landmark really truly tries to keep their end of the bargain, and I hope they realize that I have tried to keep my end. Communication is crucial! This industry is brutal, and not everything can be blamed upon the MTSO.

Similar Messages:

Landmark Transcription In PA
Mar 05, 2010

Anyone with information on this company, good or bad.     ...

Anyone Know Anything About Landmark Transcription
Mar 07, 2011

Has anyone heard anything good or bad about Landmark Transcription? ...

Landmark Transcription - Got The 411 On Them?
Aug 27, 2013

anybody got the 411 on them? ...

Landmark Transcription - Very Disappointed
Jan 15, 2010

Was hired by this company for a large hospital new account.  Owner said she was excited about hiring 40 MTs.  There has never been more than a few jobs per day.  It is definitely overflor and there is not a lot of that.  Not enough work for even part time.  Very vague about any further work.  Am very disappointed.  Owner does not have a grip on reality. ...

Landmark Transcription - Good Or Bad?
Feb 16, 2010

Any comments good or bad on this company? ...

Landmark Transcription - Platform?
Mar 06, 2010

I was wondering if anyone knew what type of platform this company uses, and if they  are currently using VR.  Is there anything particular you MAY NOT like about this company or things you REALLY LIKE  about them?  I'd appreciate hearing about them.  Thanks  . ...

Landmark Transcription Any Experience?
Mar 23, 2010

Anybody have any experience with Landmark Transcription, good or bad? ...

Landmark Transcription Just My 2 Cents
Jun 21, 2010

I find it interesting that this posted at all, as when I was there starting part-time to consider full-time, supposedly my acct was "terminated" without notice. Now they suddenly have work?  I don't know....kind of puts the gut on alert IMO.  Just my 2 cents. ...

Does Anyone Know If There Is New Management At Landmark Transcription
May 07, 2011

Does anyone know if there is new management at Landmark? ...

Landmark Transcription Having Not Much Work?
Jun 29, 2011

I'm a newbie with Landmark. After reading the many posts on here regarding them not having much work, I realized I should have taken heed. Just the other day, I was logged in for almost 6 hours and only received 5 jobs! Anyone else have any similar experiences with them? Anything good or bad? I'd love to hear about some recent experiences.   Thanks so much! ...

What Platform Does Landmark Transcription Use?nm
Jul 14, 2011

nm   ...

Landmark Transcription Information?
Jul 15, 2011

Does anyone have any information about Landmark Transcription.  Do they have benefits? ...

Landmark Transcription - Any Info
Aug 30, 2011

Hi, anyone have any info on Landmark? Good? Bad?   Thanks ...

Landmark Transcription - I Think I Goofed
Apr 07, 2012

I think I may have made a HUGE error. After not reading and researching enough on site here I sent Landmark Transcription my resume. It wasn't until it was sent I discovered some of the messages from last year saying they are always out of work !! Just what I or any of us would need - sign on with a company who has no work. I left Soft Script because of that. Good grief, I wish I had seen all the feedback earlier. Live and learn I guess. ...

Anyone Here Work With Landmark Transcription
Jan 07, 2013

Anyone here work with Landmark?  Just want to ask a couple of questions.  I won't gab. Email me at scopekatherine at yahoo.  thanks ...

Landmark Transcription No Work ?
Mar 27, 2013

Anyone else get an e-mail this morning that as of April 1, they have lost a big acct. and we will have no work ?  Was basically told we could be put on a waiting list for other upcoming accounts, other platform.  Personally, I did not think this sounded very encouraging and with all the lack of work posts by others over the last few weeks, I guess I willl be looking at other options.  Luckily, I have work with another company and will try to get some more from them.  I really am tired of sta ...

Landmark Transcription - PA Pay Stubs
Jul 16, 2014

Is there a site or link somewhere where we can still get a record of our pay since we stopped getting pay stubs? Thanks! ...

Pay Period Changes Landmark Transcription
Nov 07, 2014

Landmark has been great for the most part until this recent notification of changes in our pay periods back to bimonthly.  Is anyone else just a little upset that we only get one week's pay for the first check of Dec. instead of usual 2?  We still only get the same check end of month for 1-15th.  Some of us have bills & will only get half the check.  I was told that no one else was too bothered by this.  Guess I'm the only one who actually works for my payc ...

Landmark Transcription Provides Equipment Or What Platform They Use? 
May 25, 2010

Does anyone know if Landmark (in PA) provides equipment or what platform they use?  TIA ...

Solid Information On What Is Going On With Landmark Transcription
Aug 17, 2010

Does anyone have any solid information on what is going on with Landmark?  I know they are doing layoffs, a friend of mine was laid off, but my account seems to be fully functional, no change in work status.  Someone said they they are closing and I was wondering if I should bail out or stick around.  ...

Landmark Transcription - The Owner Overhires
Nov 17, 2010

The owner overhires.  She gets very excitated about hiring and runs the business like a hobby.   She is a very nice lady but does not have a clue how to run a business.  This way why the recent pschy position was ignored.  Do not know if it was filled. ...

Landmark Transcription Part-time?
Sep 09, 2011

Hello.  I'm really needing a second job to make ends meet because of little work here lately and needing more money.  Was thinking applying for Landmark part time if possible.  Question:  Is this as an independent contractor or actual employee?  I would rather do individual contracting since I have my other job as an employee and would have a little bit more flexible hours.  Also, if employee, do they provide you with computer, etc.?  I looked at website but didn't find my answe ...

Any Pros And Cons About Landmark Transcription?
Nov 09, 2011

Any pros and cons about Landmark Transcription? ...

Landmark Transcription - Input On Company?
Mar 19, 2012

I have searched the archives, no real recent input on this company.  would be interested in hearing recent experience with this company, concerning work flow and whatever else ...

Landmark Transcription - Beginning To Have My Doubts
Aug 29, 2013

Hi, all- I am a transcriptionist (employee) at our local hospital and we were all recently told that Landmark was taking over our transcription department. We were given severance packages and were told that we would be offered positions with Landmark to continue doing the hospital transcription. None of us have heard from Landmark yet, and I was just wondering about anyone else's experiences with this sort of transition and just how smoothly it really went. I'm beginning to have my do ...

LANDMARK TRANSCRIPTION - Recently Hired Anyone?
Nov 01, 2013

Any MT's out there who have recently been hired by Landmark TS in Pennsylvania to transcribe for its new account? If so, what have you experienced so far in terms of management, type of work, etc.? As a recent new hire, I've found there exists a handful of dictators who consistently turn out muffled, tinny audio and/or speech that is all but incomprehensible. Yet, when I have pointed this out to the supervisor, she insists that I am alone in this complaint as QA seems to have n ...

Landmark Transcription Primary Seems To Have Dried Up
Feb 26, 2014

My primary seems to have dried up, I have OOW or dregs from secondaries.  No response to emails.  I have offered to change my shift, anything.  I need the work.  Any ideas/suggestions?  The same?  Different?  ...

Did You Give Landmark Transcription Any Notice
Aug 03, 2014

When there was all of a sudden no work any more? Or do they even care or notice whether you do or not.  Someone else is obviously doing the work so I'm thinking it won't matter much to give notice or not. ...

Division Of Labor-Landmark Transcription
Jan 15, 2015

Anyone ever involved with a case against LM from Division of Labor.  I am seriously considering to do an investigation on them regarding the fair labor act.  ...

Landmark Transcription? Any Current Info
May 16, 2015

Does anyone have any current info on Landmark Transcription?  I was offered a job, but read that there are tons of work in the beginning and then nothing after a short period of time without any explanation as to why.  I also heard that if you ask for more work, you get no response. Just wanted to know if that was still the case. ...