A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MQ makes a net income of 9.7 million. - Money belongs to MT and QA and MME

Posted: Feb 01, 2010

http://www.officialwire.com/main.php?action=posted_news&rid=58609

That money is OUR money for what MQ did to all of us and probably most of the money MQ took was from ASR!!!  I see MQ hired ANOTHER VP for global service?  I wonder how much this person makes?  Along with bonuses?  So, that makes what. . .,  30 some VP's who work for MQ?  

I try not to think of things like this - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It will drive me insane. I feel lucky to do what I do, make the amount I do, without a degree.

Our Money - Fed Up

[ In Reply To ..]
You are soooo right! That is OUR money. They stole it from us, just the money they overcharged customers and had to pay back, but did not return to the people who earned it, no.... AAMT or AHDI or whatever name they are calling themselves these days- They are the ones who benefitted. WE NEED A UNION PEOPLE. Wake up!

Similar Messages:

30 Million Slaves
Oct 17, 2013

half of which are in India.  Bet I know where the other half are. REPORT: 30 million people are slaves, half in India... ^ ...

Another Lawsuit Worth 2 Million.
Aug 19, 2010

Gee, I wonder if our pay is already being affected AGAIN or going too soon by the company figuring out how re-do our pay.  Be careful, we might get another survey.    http://philly.citybizlist.com/YourCityBizNews/detail.aspx?id=90208   MedQuist Pays Kaiser $2M to Settle Suit - cbl Share Email this Article By citybizlist Staff MOUNT LAUREL, N.J. -- MedQuist Inc. (NASDAQ: MEDQ), a medical transcription company, has agreed to pay Kaiser Permanente $2 million to sett ...

I Know This Has Been Posted A Million Times But . . .
Nov 16, 2012

It makes me feel better to vent on here. I'm so sick of QA. Now we are being marked off for blanks sent to QA. We were also told we could send the job to facility with 2 blanks. Now, I'm marked off for those. And, typing we will . . . instead of we have . . . I get that I got that wrong but is that one error worth a score of 98.2%. So, I guess I should be expecting a "corrective action" email from my TL. She said anybody below 99% would be receiving corrective action. Sigh . . . ...

JP: A Million Thanks For Standing Up For Us Yesterday
Dec 14, 2012

Yes! ...

$140 Million Judgment Against Precyse
Dec 15, 2012

Fatal outsourcing? Thomas Hospital hit with $140 million verdict in death of Daphne woman.. "It began with a mistake made halfway around the world. Juno’s doctor reviewed his patient’s medical chart and certified on a form the medication and dosages that she should take. He then dictated that same information into a phone line. In the past, a medical transcriptionist at the hospital would have written the information from the dictation onto a discharge summary. But Finkbo ...

Nuance CEO Made $37 Million In 2012
Apr 14, 2013

President of Marketing made $7.58 million. CFO made $6.17 million. Executive VP of Corporate Strategy and Development made $2.52 million. Executive VP of Healthcare Division made $1.94 million.   WHY ARE YOU WASTING TIME READING THIS?  GET TO TYPING!!  THE EXECUTIVES NEED THEIR PAYCHECKS!!     ...

Nuance Million Dollar Club
Jul 15, 2013

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/nuance-announces-million-dollar-club-winners-hospitals-saving-1-million-or-more-last-year-2013-06-27 ...

IMedX Nearly $50 Million In Revenue Acquisition
Sep 11, 2014

Hey iMedX MTs, I thought you would like to know how well we are doing. I think it's time for a line rate increase! http://itbriefing.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=610308 ATLANTA, Sept. 3, 2014 -- iMedX, a leading health information solutions company and a leader in medical documentation solutions, today announced that it has added nearly $50 million in acquisition revenue over the past 12 months thanks to eight deals, including five in 2014. iMedX, the third- ...

Income For An MT
Feb 09, 2013

I started out 18 years ago at a very small hospital working as a full-time, in-house employee with benefits and worked with some horrific dictators, but that gave me an excellent start in this field.  I then started working for large MTSOs as a full-time remote employee with benefits, which I did for years, and did very well.  I raised my kids VERY WELL as a single parent doing that.  I was able to work around my family without any problems, i.e. got them up, fed, and off to schoo ...

Thirty-two Million Americans Wil Be On New Healthcare Plan
Jun 29, 2012

My Income Has Hit An All-time Low. :(
Dec 13, 2012

Last Friday my paycheck for 2 weeks' work was less than $300.  How am I supposed to live on this?!  My company raised our min. line count rate, and not long ago lowered our cpl pay for VR, which is all we ever get anymore. We also have a higher min. daily required rate. Yet of course, work is getting sparse, especially at this time of year. So I sit and wait, occasionally hitting the download button, and occasionally actually getting a short, almost worthless job spat out at ...

Need Supplemental Income
Apr 15, 2013

Anyone know of a good small company that I can work just for supplental income?  I don't need a lot, just something to help out.  I prefer a small company without all of the bells and whistles that come with the larger ones.  TIA ...

2013 Income
Jan 02, 2014

So how did everyone do this year working as an MT? I earned about $36,000. Wished it was more :( ...

MedQuist Pays $2 Million To Settle Lawsuit With Kaiser
Aug 20, 2010

http://philadelphia.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/stories/2010/08/16/daily23.html   Medical transcription services company MedQuist Inc. has agreed to pay Kaiser Permanente $2 million to settle a lawsuit in which the health-care company alleged MedQuist inflated its costs. Kaiser of Oakland, Calif., filed its lawsuit against MedQuist (NASDAQ:MEDQ) during the summer of 2008. Under the terms of the settlement, MedQuist of Mount Laurel, N.J., made a single lump sum payme ...

If Income Is Less Than $600 As An IC Do You Have To Claim It On Your Taxes??? Nm
Jan 25, 2010

nm ...

Income Simple Survey
Mar 24, 2010

After losing an employee status job due to healthcare reform anticipated cuts, I am considering going back to IC status.  Just to keep things super simple, as a baseline would appreciate hearing what ICs are making yearly who work a 40 hour a week.  ...

What Do You Consider A Good Income For MT/editing, Not Cpl But $$
Aug 09, 2012

I do not mean a per line rate, as that will equate to different incomes for different MTs. What do you consider a reasonable annual income for a combination of MT/editing; $25,000, $30,000, $40,000, or more?  My income was $47,000 in the past, and will probably drop to $37,000 this year.  I don't like it, but I do not have a degree, jobs are not plentiful, and I am thinking that in my rural town, I will not do any better, especially considering clothes and gas, etc.  I stil ...

Do Offshore Workers Pay US Income Tax?
Nov 20, 2012

How does that work....taking US opportunity and making profit from it, do they share in the TAXX burden? ...

You're The Reason My Income Sucks.
Mar 30, 2014

Ask anyone what's happened to earnings in this field over the last 10 years.  If you have a penchant for the macabre, try the last 20 years.  I won't bother with the details because you already know them. Well, you put up with it, didn't you? While the population of ESL dictators exploded and VR came on the scene, while the sheer number of medical devices, instruments, procedures, tests and other terminology we deal with doubled and then tripled, while benefits were hac ...

If In A Leave Of Absence There Is Any Income At All?
Jun 15, 2014

Does anyone know if in a leave of absence there is any income at all?  My 27-year-old son may have cancer.  I'm needless to say devastated and need to be of help to him and his family. ...

1099 Misc Income Question
Feb 09, 2011

What do you do if the 1099 you received from a former client doesn't equal the payments received from them.  It says they paid me more than I received or show deposits.  The office manager will not return calls or e-mails?  She even stiffed me on my last invoice.   ...

Suggestion To Aid With Income-related Discussions.
Aug 10, 2012

I've noticed that we need some sort of standard reference or metric to use when we talk about income-related issues, and this metric should not merely reference dollars (or cents), but should relate this to <i>a unit of time</i>.  At the end of the day, it's how much you earned per unit of time that really matters, and this the only sort of metric that takes into account all of the variables that a mere monetary reference such as "line rate" does not. The line rate pa ...

Hackers Demand $10 Million After Hijacking Millions Of Virginia Medical Records
Dec 22, 2009

This was in a UK paper but I don't recall hearing about it here in the US. Hmmm.....I wonder why.  Here's the link http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1178276/Hackers-demand--10m-ransom-hijacking-millions-medical-records.html ...

Would Anyone Share What Their Income Is With Me?...wanting To See I Am On Track Of Need To Strive Fo
Jul 20, 2010

Of course this is personal but since we can be anonymous on her, would anyone share what they are making in terms of weekly, hourly, monthly or yearly with me?  I would like to compare with where I am and determine if I am at a good average or way below and need to be doing more.  I would also love it if you could share production lines per hour or day etc.  ...

Income Taxes/statutory Employee Question
Feb 27, 2014

I was one of the people originally with MDI who was sold to Transcend who was sold to Nuance. With MDI, we were statutory employees. When sold to Transcend, we were told repeatedly and often that statutory employee would no longer exist, that we were straight employees. Same with Nuance. Yet my pay stubs say statutory employee and zero federal tax was withheld all year; however, the statutory employee box on the W2 is not checked. So what does this mean? How is it legal to be told we are straig ...

Desperately Seeking Morning PT Radiology Work To Supplement Income
Jan 13, 2012

It seems impossible to find morning work in radiology to supplement my full-time income!  I love my full-time job at Transcend, but I am really needing to find a PT gig to supplement my income.  I current work second shift, but with the economy these days, like so many others out there, I could really use the extra income.  I would appreciate any input about any companies, whether it be IC or employee status, that offers morning work in radiology.  I scour the ads daily ...

Medquist Buys Spheris For $116 Million, Spheris Execs Get Their $850K Bonus
Apr 15, 2010

Having paid too much you can be assured their will be layoffs a plenty in about 6 mos time. ...

INDIA'S POWER GRID COLLAPSES - 680 MILLION LOSE POWER
Jul 31, 2012

One of the things I have repeatedly written and warned about when it comes to outsourcing is the uncertain infrastructure that many foreign countries have - and I'm not just talking about their electrical grids. Foreign countries introduce huge elements of uncertainty (read, RISK) when it comes to their physical infrastructure, but also their social, governmental and legal infrastructures.  And when it comes to something as CRITICAL as American healthcare records (which, may I remind ...

What To Do When Dr. Makes You Gag
May 07, 2011

Everytime I do this doctor's transcription (ironically he is a pulmonologist) he snorts phlegm in the back of his nose right into the microphone and will even cough from it sometimes because he does it so hard. Tonight during an 11 min. dictation by him, halfway through I had to get up and run to the bathroom because I was gagging. He did it 5 times in the first 5 min. of the job.  I once reported a doc who uses voice recognition and apparently did her dictation on her lunch break WHIL ...

Makes You Wonder
Apr 15, 2013

I'm sure that the bigwigs at MM are very aware of the many disgruntled and downright angy posts on this board in the past week or two. It's sad that no one in the head office has addressed our concerns, either with a company-wide email or even a post on this site. It confirms that we are truly at the bottom of the totem pole and that they just want results, not happy employees. ...