A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any companies out there that accept satellite 'net? - Tired Hunter

Posted: Mar 23, 2010

I'm in a rural area in the Midwest and currently have satellite Internet.  Seems like all the services are requiring DSL, which isn't available here.  I don't even know if wireless is an option.  Anyone know of service(s) needing experienced (20+ years) MTs?  Keep in mind, though, that I do want to be paid for the work.  :o)  I currently work as an IC and prefer no specified schedule so that I am able to work around my family members' medical appointments.  I'm so tired of hunting.  Anyone care to share info?

Satellite - sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Friend of mine with only satellite availbility was hired by Zylomed - not sure if they have acute care or not though - she was radiology. Hope this helps.

Satellite - Tired Hunter

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the info. I'll check it out. I have to admit, though, that radiology and pathology would be my least favorite specialties. Anyone else have any ideas?

Look for a rural provider - country living

[ In Reply To ..]
If you look, you might find an ISP in your area who provides high speed access from a broadcast tower. In my case, they broadcast from a water tower about 1-1/2 miles from my home.

I have their antenna mounted on the side of my house. It is real high speed internet -- without the latency delay of satellite.

My connection is secure and HIPAA compliant. It's about as good as any city hardwired high-speed connection.

When I drive the 35 miles from my home to the big city, I see a few signs from different small ISPs offering this kind of service.

Good luck!

Satellite - Tired Hunter

[ In Reply To ..]
I'll look around for signs next time I go to the city. Maybe I'll get lucky and find something. Thanks!

Similar Messages:

Superior Global Solutions...do They Accept Satellite?
Mar 28, 2012

Trying to find companies besides M*Modal who allow satellite internet.  I currently work at Transcend and I can use it there BUT Nuance bought them out and eventually the account will go to Nuance's platform, and Nuance does not allow satellite.  So I am trying to prepare ahead of time.  Does Superior Global allow satellite?  ...

Do Most Big Companies Accept Windows 7 Now, And
Jul 06, 2013

I'm job hunting after a couple of years off. When I left, many companies (including, I believe, Nuance and M-Modal) would not accept Windows 7, which is what I have.  I hope that has changed.  I don't want to downgrade to XP and I sure as h*ll don't want Windows 8. ...

Companies That Use Satellite
Sep 25, 2012

Are there any companies that you can use satellite instead of DSL?  I am considering moving pretty far out that does not offer DSL.  I REALLY love the jobs I have, but I remember when hired they said no satellite.  Does anyone even know why this is?  Will the programs not work with satellite or is it just some kind of privacy policy and would they find out if I just switched to satellite when I moved and didn't say anything? ...

Which Companies Let You Use Satellite Internet?
Dec 18, 2009

Does anyone have a list? I know more of them do NOT let you use satellite. ...

Looking For Companies That Work With Satellite Internet.
May 04, 2010

I have been with the same company for over three years now and we have recently switched to ASR.  I am really trying, but am not really enjoying it at all for a number of reasons. So, I am going to start looking for companies to possibly apply to.  My big problem is that I have satellite internet and I really would like to narrow the pool before I start contacting anyone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Anyone Else Accept A Job From Spheris Lately?
Mar 16, 2010

I know they are going through a transition, but I accepted--I need a job. I just can't pass up their training program. As far as any upcoming changes, I will deal with it as it comes. ...

VR Do Not Accept 3 Cents!!! People
Dec 03, 2009

MTs out there..do not accept a job for VR on 3 cents a line. These companies are trying to rake you over the coals!   The benchmark was set by Escription at 4 cents a line when they came out with the software and now these companies are trying to lower the bar!!  Do not accept this!  These are the companies that offered 7 cents a line for straight typing instead of 9 or 10.  ...

I May Accept A Position With TransTech.
Jun 23, 2012

I've been offered a position with TransTech.  Would anyone please give me their opinions of the company.  I was told they charge $9 to use their equipment, but I will use my own computer but will have to use their foot pedal.  Wouldn't it better to just buy my own foot pedal then I'd always have it instead of them charging every payday.  I don't even know what they cost but will look into that.  Also I'm concerned about the required line count.&n ...

Does Synernet Accept Satelite
Jul 29, 2013

I just found out our new home doesnt have dsl or Uverse compatibility and i am to start work on august 5th with synernetand the only other thing that can be done is satelite.  ...

So....don't Accept It! I Don't Work For Nuance But
Dec 01, 2014

I suppose I could any day now if they decide to acquisition my company, but I would refuse this kind of pay formula and would look for another job ASAP.  If the en masse won't work for this minimum wage (sounds like), they will have to change it, but I suppose they could send it all to India.  Wonder what the clients would say about that?  They can only do what the industry will allow them to do in my opinion. For all naysayers, I have worked for a service that was bought ou ...

What Is The Lowest Line Rate You Are Willing To Accept As An IC? Sm
Dec 15, 2009

I just applied for a job, aced the test, and have 18+ years experience.  I was offered .06 cpl to start, but will be "generously" bumped up to a whopping .07 cpl once I've proved myself.  I have never, ever been offered anything lower than .08 cpl in my entire career.  I did make 7.75 cpl one, but that was 15 years ago, working for the Q on a simple ER account with templates out the ying yang. I really feel insulted here.  Good grief... I would really appreciate some in ...

Ever Known A Company To Not Accept OEM Microsoft Versions?
Jul 03, 2010

I want to buy an OEM version of Microsoft Office on Ebay, but I'm hesitant because I'm worried it won't be compatible with my company's software. I asked my company, of course, but it will be a wait because it's the weekend. I just wanted to see if any of you have ever come across a company that did not accept the OEM version of Microsoft Word or Office. Thanks! ...

Cypress Medical - Did Anyone Accept A Position?
Jul 25, 2012

Did anyone accept a position with the above after doing the 49-page file review and summarization.  I had a call from the gentleman last night but not at a good time, so he will call back this evening.  Curious as to whether or not their actual files are as disorganized as the test file.  If anyone accepted a position, can you share how it is going.  Thanks. ...

Opinions Please-- Would You Accept A Lower Cpl Over A Higher
Nov 12, 2012

7 cpl job has BCBS about 53.00 per pp, dental 4.00 per pp. Employer pays for short term and long term disability, and they pay your life insurance at 2 times your pay. They offer about 28 paid PTO days per year, 8 holidays a year of which you have to work at least 2, profit sharing if company has increased profits for the year, plus 401K where they will deposit 3%, plus match 50 cents on the dollar up to 8%. They provide equipment. Very easy and transcription friendly software program, pay ...

I REFUSE TO ACCEPT 7 TO 8 CPL WITH 20 YEARS EXPERIENCE-IT IS AN INSULT TO ME
Aug 11, 2010

I have been testing all week. Some companies will not even discuss pay until you take their tests. Then, I waste my time taking these tests only to be offered 7 and 8 cpl. It is absolutely offensive to me to offer me that low pay. You want all of my years of experience, but only want to pay "newbie" rates. I am completely and wholeheartedly giving up on this profession. ...

Now Told Cannot Accept Anymore Christmas Or New Year's Off... Sm
Nov 18, 2010

Okay, I am a lonnnnggg time MT/ME with Q for almost 18 years.  Historically I have ALWAYS taken New Year's holiday and worked Tgiving and Christmas every year.  (most of the time NJA anyway).   What gets me is that I asked 3 months ago for the dates Dec 30, 31 and Jan 1.  Now Fri and Sat are my days off anyway (work 2 hours Fri), so I said I would work Mon and Wed before these days to make up.   Now we get the message no more PTO, even New Year.   ...

Not Happy! Nothing New With Low To No Work This Week For My Acct, I Get That And Accept It (sm)
Dec 29, 2010

and I know it's temporary.  My problem is that the company I work for requires a daily line count and expects us to work around our schedules and do anything we can to get those lines in.  Usually not a problem.  But this week is a holiday week and my husband and kids are home, and we scheduled things to do alone as well as with other family members and friends, so when my shift is over it has to be over.  Christmas Eve/Christmas morning, yesterday, and it looks like tod ...

Minimum Commitment That Spheris Will Accept For Part-time? 
Jan 21, 2010

Can anyone tell me the minimum commitment that Spheris will accept for part-time?  ...

Satellite?
Apr 27, 2010

Will someone tell me if Medquist currently accepts satellite internet connection?  I cannot locate this information at their website.  ...

Help With Satellite And VPN
Jul 20, 2010

Recently moved have Hughesnet and really struggling with download speed of voice files through vpn.  We did upgrade one level to their 1 mbps speed but took over 8 minutes to download a 4 minute voice file.  Kind of difficult to make any $ when half of the day is consumed waiting for downloads.  Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions to help out?...  Does Verizon wireless card provide a better option?  Any help or ideas would be much appreciated! ...

Satellite
Dec 30, 2010

What companies accept satellite internet? ...

What About Satellite???
Jan 24, 2012

Since I live in the mountains, I now have to use satellite internet and find that lots of companies will not go for this. Does anybody know which companies use satellite or are not too picky about this? It is hard enough trying to find a job lately, but then it seems like satellite is just another obstacle to put up with. Thanks for any info -- appreciate it. ...

Satellite Connection
Feb 15, 2011

I am about to be moving out in the boonies and was wondering what companies allow you to work with satellite Like WildBlue, Hughes or dial-up.  ...

Satellite Internet
Nov 13, 2011

Any companies that alloow satellite internet? There is no DSL or cable internet available at my new address. The only thing available is satellite. Right now, I'm having to go to my mother's to work so I really am considering trying to find a company that will allow satellite internet. ...

How Does A Company Know If You Use Satellite
Nov 22, 2011

Many companies specify no satellite. Is this uncompatible with their system or do they just prefer no satellite so say no satellite? I mean how do they really know or not if you have it? Have you thought of that. I mean some companies that use Escription say you can use satellite and some say no you can't. If they are using the same platform how can it work with one company and not the other? ...

For Those Of You Who Use Satellite Internet...
Dec 06, 2011

What about the download limits they all seem to place on sat internet service.  Do you exceed these limits using it for working?  ...

Satellite Providers
Nov 06, 2014

I posted this on the main board and no one replied, so I figured maybe it should have been posted here on the Tech Help. I currently use Starband, an older satellite provider. Where I live no DSL, cable or cell phone signal. Starband just raised my monthly rate, so I am looking into switching. I have Dish TV and see that they have internet satellite, but I don't know anyone who has this. I have been doing transcription from home for 18 years and have used Starband since then. I was wonderi ...

Wireless Versus Satellite??
Nov 27, 2009

I currently have satellite (had dial-up before that) and I notice most companies want high speed internet and will not accept satellite.  What about wireless...anyone have an idea how widely this is used as far as MT work IF it it used at all?  Thanks. ...

Satellite, DSL, Dial Up And Bayscribe
Apr 13, 2010

Does anyone use something other than broadband with Bayscribe and how does it work for you? ...

MQ Employee Who Has Dial Up And Needs To Know If Any Other MQ MTs Are Using Satellite?
Sep 10, 2010

Even though I was told by my CCM she has sympathy for my plight I am required to download 6.1.  Okay, I had to take my puter to parents to get the tutorial.  I don't have a problem taking the CPU over there to get the 6.1 upgrade (downgrade if I see correctly by others).   I have dial up and cannot get DSL.   I have been with this company for 17 years.  I am not an overt cheerleader, but I need my job and cannot go outside my home.   Someone ment ...