A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Synernet PTB - I want a cherry.

Posted: Oct 08, 2014

This msg goes out to J and V.   I would love to email or call you and address my concerns over this but I could not trust that my name would not be brought up and I would just have hell to pay later.   I (we) would love it if you would do something about the supervisors cherry picking their work types.  Why dont they work from a pool like the rest of us?  It is obvious when certain report types (PE tubes, T&A's, cataracts, etc. etc. are being done by the batches by supervisors ) that  they are just snatching up the normal templates and assigning their own work while the rest of us struggle to get a decent line count.  Doesn't seem fair at all.   Why are they allowed to assign jobs to themselves instead of getting the work as it comes like the rest of us?      This goes for day and night shift supervisors.    PS  - if J or V don't read this, I hope someone else does that will forward the message.  

THANK YOU for addressing this issue!!! - Annoyed and frustrated

[ In Reply To ..]
You can bet your life if they found out who we are, we would be given the dregs of the work and our jobs would be made unbearable! Some of the supervisors are abusing their power. It's not hard to see who is doing it. Just do a job search and put their names in and see what jobs they're doing. How do these people sleep at night?! Where's the integrity? Where's the honesty? What about "do unto others as you want them to do to you"?!!! They have overstepped their boundaries and need to have V babysit them. Very professional, ladies. How do they expect us to trust them when they pull stunts like this when they think no one is looking? With great power comes great responsibility. Their antics need to stop. Suck it up, buttercups. I've also noticed that there are jobs sitting in their queues waiting for their shifts to start so that those jobs won't go to the peons' WPs when the supes aren't working. That's just low, people. They need accountability...and not to each other. I'm so frustrated, if better stop there.

How do you know that? - SynernetMT

[ In Reply To ..]
How can you see what's in someone else's queue? I know I can't. Not that I wouldn't love to be able to and I am sure they are doing that, no doubt about it.

Well, I'm not positive... - But almost

[ In Reply To ..]
When you do a job search for an MT, sometimes the results have a bunch of jobs in red listed first. When you try to open these jobs to view them, you get a response that says you already have an active job open. So I'm just guessing it hasn't been transcribed yet, but has been assigned to their queue. I could be wrong, but by the end of their shift (if you do job search again), those jobs are no longer in red. But like I said, I could be wrong.
You can go in and look at reports typed for each transcriptionist. sm - Giving up
[ In Reply To ..]
That would not tell you what is assigned to someone, but it could verify your theory that someone got all of the cataract normals or whatever.

I doubt anyone will listen or care. If they ever cared about the thoughts and feelings sm - Giving up

[ In Reply To ..]
of the MTs, that is long gone. I am on one of the crappiest accounts known to mankind and I dread signing in. I used to think it could not get any worse. I was wrong.

Why would something like this not be addressed anyway? - IMO

[ In Reply To ..]
Considering the interest shown to MTStars, you would think that a company out to protect their business and employees would want to keep their house (and reputation) clean. Seeing employee unhappiness brewing, you would think it would lead any good company to do a thorough investigation into such claims of bad behavior. Why would any company choose to ignore a problem like this brewing and allow the activity to continue in the same manner?

I guess easy answer is they do not care. If someone quits, someone desperate sm - Disenchanted SMT

[ In Reply To ..]
for a job will be hired. If you complain about or question anything, you will be targeted and find yourself suddenly given all of the crap work in the system. I stay because of the benefits, but each day my happiness and feelings of self worth slide a bit farther away.

Please tell me why they are allowed to - SYNMT

[ In Reply To ..]
assign the crap work to only one person period? Where is this pool thingy. I get stuff I can't even reject. It is assigned one after the other. Crap work! Sick of it. Skipped through. Assigned til I die.

To those who may have lost their jobs due to cherries - and insufficient line counts -

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been looking into this. Please look here:
http://www.maine.gov/labor/labor_laws/index.html
Under chapter 12 I-E discusses "effort" and what is meant by it. It later goes on to discuss equal pay for equal effort. This was initially meant for Equal 'Gender' pay, but it is not specific once you go down into the law. Further down in section IV it discusses "the employer's self evaluation" of such claims. Meaning if the employee claims to be discriminated against, the employer needs to give the claim it's due diligence. Now this is after a "claim" in this context, which would probably only occur after being fired, but I think there may be a case for someone who thinks the cherry picking discriminated against them and thus cost them their job. I may be wrong, but I think it might get the Labor board at least to look into this, and save someone else some misery.

Even if gender only applies - some curious unrelated MT

[ In Reply To ..]
It may be useful to check out and see if there is an employee of the opposite gender working for the company you speak. It is very possible that any inequality in pay or "effort" based on cherry picking between sexes could get the case in the door.

I see the awesome cheerleader has been through with her dislikes. nm - rah rah

[ In Reply To ..]

Wow!! You have some serious issues to STILL be going on - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and on and on and on about something said MONTHS AGO!! You really need a life seriously!

Likewise. nm - who cares

[ In Reply To ..]
x
ummmmm im not the one going on about a post made MONTHS - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
AGO smh
One comment referencing an idiotic thing said by someone once nm - Hardly represents "going on about it"
[ In Reply To ..]
However, I have given you enough attention already, so I am done.

get a life? - smt

[ In Reply To ..]
Who are you referring to, to "get a life"
I'm surprised anyone still uses that phrase. nm - dumb
[ In Reply To ..]
ppp

I agree and I know one of the former supervisors - TMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I know for a fact that the supervisors/leads are allowed to cherry pick whatever jobs they want whenever they want. It's completely wrong and unfair to the MTs who are trying to make a decent living and get stuck with all of the leftover crap jobs because all of the good ones are being taken by the cherry picking supervisors. It's a complete joke that they even allow such a thing to occur, but they do. And you are right. If you were to go to the top dogs about this, they would make your work life an absolute living hell. That's exactly the kind of people they are. Anyone who complains about anyone or anything automatically becomes one of their targets. Trust me. I've been there.

I view Synernet management as the MT corporate version of Mean Girls. sm - And the beat goes on

[ In Reply To ..]
They care about nothing but themselves and their self-promotion. The few times I have tried to express to Miss V any kind of differing opinion, I have been met with cold disapproval and then get assigned the crap work - just a coincidence, I am sure.

I wanna be a mean girl. Do they hire only from within for leads and supes? - looking soon

[ In Reply To ..]
Sounds like a great job... Sit back and assign your own work. My small MTSO is dwindling now thanks to EMR (I just do office work). So I am looking for a higher-up position in a larger MTSO that is not too demanding and if one of the perks is assigning my own work whenever I want, I'm definitely going to pursue this. I think I will contact them and confirm that what is posted here is really true (some things ARE too good to be true, I've found out) and see if they may have any lead or management positions opening in the near future. Sounds like management work at this place is a breeze!!
Glad I read this. Thanks!

Have any of you tried to get one of these jobs or is the turnover super low? They must have MTs lining up when one of these positions opens... I probably don't stand a chance.

It's absolutely not a breeze - Kim

[ In Reply To ..]
I can count at least 4 leads who have quit in the last year because of V and her vindictive ways and the condescending way she treats leads. There is extremely high turnover in those positions. It's so bad that there were no applicants any of the times they posted for these positions internally and the pay for leads is an absolute joke. Totally NOT worth it. Maybe if they actually paid leads a fair salary and started treating them with some respect and appreciation instead of treating them like slaves, they would be able to retain people in these positions, but as long as V has the reins, I don't see that happening.

They posted the jobs inhouse first and no one wanted them. nm - Good place to be FROM

[ In Reply To ..]
Cc

mean girl - smt

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you need the number? I would love for someone to ask if any of this is true. Be sure to let us know what answer you get.

Is anyone happy at Synernet?sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I am scheduled for an interview. Is anyone happy at this company?

No - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Of course some people are happy - but not me

[ In Reply To ..]
Every company has somebody who's happy. But there seems to be a lot of discontent these days. The cherry picking doesn't affect everyone the same, it depends on which jobs or pool you do. You're safe if you don't do the jobs that others will snap up given half a chance. Benefits are good but at 7 cpl plus the cherry picking plus the cliquish higher ups plus the fact that you feel your best bet is to lay low, keep under the radar, don't rub somebody the wrong way it doesn't seem worth it. And yet many stay, which doesn't speak to the quality of the company but to the fact that people feel like it's the lesser of many evils. Do the interview but know that the pay is 7 cpl straight typing, you plan your vacations in December for the next year and that's pretty much written in stone, and in spite of the generous ET it can be hard to get time off.

Thanks for the answer - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
It just seems like these companies would realize that cherry picking is akin to stealing money. Now I am getting cold feet. Thanks.
Tell you what though, if you can find 2 other - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
MT companies out there nowadays that are any better, please post them on here. I've been looking for a long time and Synernet is pretty much now the lesser of the other evils; so far. Just do your job and they will leave you alone. If you need your hand held, you will be in trouble. They don't! Realize the work is cherry picked so be able to do crappy work and not complain or you will get more. Be polite when talked to even if you don't want to be. Stay under the radar as much as possible. Understand it is either mandatory OT or no work. Main thing is, if you don't draw attention to yourself and just shut up, they will forget about you and you can just work. If you know how to suck up or are one of those workaholics, you will go far. If any of you think this is an exaggeration, it's not. This is MT now. Find something else to do while you have this job, then make the change. Best advice there is.

This is probably a dumb question, but how do you know if a sm - Curious SMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Job is assigned to you versus one that randomly comes into your queue? I thought they were red but JW told me once that that only means they are "important." Just curious. When I ask anyone in management about anything I am usually told it is not my concern,I do not need to know.

Similar Messages:

Synernet Or MD-IT
Aug 16, 2010

Does anyone out there have any experience working for on Synernet or MD-IT? ...

Synernet, Inc
Mar 27, 2011

Any recent info on Synernet, Inc in Portland, Maine?  Archives are quite old. ...

Synernet???
Jun 27, 2012

I have an interview with them coming up. They seem like they have a good reputation and the benefits look really good. One thing I am wondering about them is just how flexible are the schedules? For example, right now I am able to work a regular 2nd shift position with no problem (I currently work 2nd shift and prefer it to other shifts), but when school starts my kids will have sports and Girl Scouts and Cub Scouts and I have to take them to their meetings. The place I currently work at, they ...

Anyone Know About SYNERNET?
Aug 23, 2012

Does anyone have an opinion about Synernet? I only worked for them 1 mo and I can't wait to leave! ...

Synernet?
Feb 01, 2013

I just applied at Synernet and took their test.  It was pretty easy.  Has anyone ever worked for them?  How is the pay?  It says in the ad that they have excellent benefits.  Are they fairly flexible as far as scheduling?  Any feedback would be appreciated.  They sure sound like a decent company! ...

When Is Synernet Going To VR?
Dec 11, 2013

Just wondering when Synernet will be going to VR?  I wish they would post something on the message board when they have the conference calls for the ones that weren't able to attend.  ...

Synernet At It Again
Jan 30, 2014

First the dire email: Mandatory OT by end of week with at least 2 hours on Saturday. Just forget if you had plans for the weekend. Say what time you will be working and have to work those hours and put who okay'd those hours on your timesheet (you might lie you know). So you do that because you want to help the company out and it's nice to have OT again. So today, email, oops, some people cleaned up all the work so no OT today, but still MIGHT have it on Fri and Sat. Just stay tuned a ...

Any Synernet Mts On Here That Have
Apr 07, 2014

step-by-step instructions of how to handle priority reports? ...

What Is Going On At Synernet
Apr 30, 2014

Is it me? Or what. Just what the heck is going on... anybody out there experiencing some strange things... ...

Job With Synernet
Jul 15, 2014

I am applying for a job with Synernet and will be testing tomorrow. Can anyone tell me approximately how many lines I'd need to type a day to make... lets say 80-85 dollars a day?  I'd appreciate any rough ideas please. I know that most companies have really dropped their cpl since I stopped transcribing years ago, but wow! It's gonna be a challenge to make some money I guess! ...

Synernet VR
Aug 08, 2014

Has anybody actually did the math for the VR with 2000 lines a day/14,000 lines a week at 4 cents a line.  You may be shocked. ...

Synernet
May 26, 2015

Anyone ever applied to Synernet and been rejected saying you did not pass their test?  I just completed an online assessment and they said I did not pass it, which is bull crap.  I would stake my life on it that I DID pass it.  What is their problem?  I have been working for 38 years and I certainly know everything they asked.  I want to see the results. ...

Hey Synernet!
Jun 17, 2015

How many emails do we have to get from LL and other micromanagers about helpers on the weekend?  Are we deaf or something?  Gimma a break.  Insulting and overkill.  Treat us with respect and quit treating us like idiots who do not know how to read. ...

What Is The Pay At Synernet?
Jun 27, 2015

nm ...

Anybody Happy At Synernet?
Nov 10, 2009

Archives have mostly negative stuff - is anybody there happy?  Some conflicting info too about whether they have 55 or 65 character lines - can anyone clarify?  Anybody making a decent wage that works there?  Do they have line bonus incentives?  Any info appreciated. ...

Has Anyone Heard Of Synernet?
May 10, 2010

Has anyone heard of Synernet? and is it a good company? what is the dirt on this place? ...

Synernet Is Ridiculous
Jun 03, 2010

Talked to the recruiter 2 weeks ago tomorrow (Friday, after her postponing the interview on Wednesday), she was very nice was told the paperwork would be send Fed Ex after not receiving it was told the gal in fhe office was out and would be sent later, and of course based on a "background check" etc  -- with training to supposedly start 06/14/2010  -- I have since accepted two positions and if I were an MT, I would be VERY leery of this company  -- a month to start is ridiculous especially wh ...

Synernet Platform
Oct 04, 2010

Does anyone know what Synernet pays and what platform they use?  Any info greatly appreciated. ...

Synernet - Does Anyone Know Anything About This Company?
Nov 26, 2010

Does anyone know anything about this company?  TIA! ...

Anyone Out There Working For Synernet
Jun 15, 2011

Anyone out there working for Synernet who has also worked for other companies?  I was an IC before joining Synernet a few years ago.  They are paying me .7 cpl, no flexibility unless per-diem and then per-diems still have to work 2 holidays a year, lots of vaca time but can't use 2 weeks in the summer until I've been there 10 years, management impossible to get response from regarding any type of question, just got thrown into weekend rotation, etc.  After looking at boards I see th ...

Synernet - Any Opinions
Apr 28, 2011

Any opinions on thes Company?  I am tired of testing for crappy companies. ...

Anyone Hear From Synernet Yet? Nm
Sep 29, 2011

x ...

Has Anyone Worked For Synernet
Oct 17, 2011

Has anyone out there ever worked for Synernet?  If so, how is the pay and how do they treat you?  Is there plenty of work?  Thx. ...

Synernet - Feedback
Feb 11, 2012

Looking for feedback on this company...VR, straight transcribing...platform, etc.  TIA ...

Info On Synernet?
Mar 20, 2012

Anyone have any info on Synernet, i.e., ppl, benefits, etc.? Thanks! ...

Does Synernet Pay For Spaces?
Jun 05, 2012

Just curious, I'm trying to decide between a few companies and I totally forgot to ask the interviewer.  I think the whole VBC thing is criminal.  It's bad enough not being paid for all of the research, demographics and CCs we do, but to not pay for characters that we actually type just because they don't print out in black and white is OUTRAGEOUS!!!  ...

Any Information On Synernet?
Dec 31, 2012

Any information on Synernet? do they have work? how is the pay? are the bonuses good? they state they pay differential for the night shift.  Thanks. ...

If I Could Get Some Opinions On Synernet
Jan 02, 2013

Wondered if I could get some opinions on Synernet.. what has been the experience of working there? Thanks!! ...

Synernet Insurance
Feb 12, 2013

Does anyone know what Synernet holds out for insurance? Is it worth it, do you think? Thanks! ...

Synernet...Confused
Mar 29, 2013

I was reading the ad posted by Synernet and thought it sounded quite decent, what with benefits and incentive plan, etc., then I noticed their ad has 4 "dislikes." Does anyone who clicked that "dislike" button care to explain here why?  If there's something about the company that isn't in line with the ad, I'd love to know before I bother testing and applying. TIA! ...