A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What is going on at Synernet - MTalways

Posted: Apr 30, 2014

Is it me? Or what. Just what the heck is going on... anybody out there experiencing some strange things...

No, it's NOT just you. - Freaking out here

[ In Reply To ..]
Exhausted.

Thanks for your reply felt alone - MTalways

[ In Reply To ..]
in a wasteland of confusion... and feeling like no one is there...

Synernet - Confused too

[ In Reply To ..]
Explain what you mean by strange? I agree with you, but might not be for the same reason. I know they're trying to do something in phases, but not sure what they are trying to accomplish. I have emailed them about it and I get no response back. I guess that's my answer.

Synernet - karina

[ In Reply To ..]
They are trying to set up the VR in phases.

That's probably my #1 gripe against Synernet. sm - Synernet MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Never before have I worked at a company where I can e-mail my supervisor and I don't get an answer, or if I DO get an answer, it is 3 weeks later with some half-baked excuse. She has "helpers" now, so the "I don't have time and am too busy" excuse should be gone.

What kind of strange things are you talking about? sm - Synernet MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Seems business as usual, at least what has been "usual" the last few months. Work pools, VR, etc. ... nothing new or strange about it. I am tired of the mandatory OT, but it is better than running out of work all of the time.

Nope, not just you.... - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
No, not just you.. It's getting pretty tiring and ridiculous around here.

Is T on vacation? V seems to have taken over. nm - Not sure what that means

[ In Reply To ..]

T on vacation - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I assume T is on vacation. But then I had a supervisor that I really liked and got along with well and all of a sudden after the holidays she was just gone. No explanation or email of who would take over her place. Just crickets until I by chance found out who was the new one. You just never know. V is on the warpath too. LOL Watch out for your time off. LOL

Ha ... I know. I have already experienced her "war cries." nm - LOL

[ In Reply To ..]
xx
War cries - synernet mut
[ In Reply To ..]
I think she's panicking because it was probably her idea to change everyone's work groups. So, she's trying to bully everyone into picking up the slack for her mismanagement. I do not know if she has any management education, but she certainly needs some. Bullying people is not a good way to augment productivity.

I know. I got accused of not working the OT and - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
told her I was sick!! She was rude about it, too. I cannot help being sick!
Yep doesn't matter if you are human and have a family to take care of, too - MT3233
[ In Reply To ..]
To them, you are a machine. They don't care how sick you are, how sick your child is, or the fact that you have a life outside of the company and can do way more than the daily quota; it's never ever enough. So, they will over hire during the summer and when fall rolls around, there will be several MTs out of work, freaking out because we have bills to pay and put food on the table. So as long as we all continue to "take" this kind of treatment for fear of losing our livelihood, our living, then they will continue to treat us as such. This is a business to them and that is ALL that matters. IF they really cared they would make having to do OT a little more appealing. At a former place I used to work, there were bonuses for quality, there were bonuses for doing over 175 lines straight transcribing an hour, people were congratulated on jobs well done. Sadly, this company suffered the demise of being sucked into a bigger company, and, well, you guessed it all of that was cut out. Working from allows for anonymity that benefits the company, because they don't have to look you in the eyes to see the true hardships. You are "just a name on the screen or number" to them. I have been in this business for 10 years and I sure wish I would have chosen something besides healthcare to do. I am currently looking at other avenues and just need to make up my mind.
I definitely found that out:( - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
n

I have not cared for T's management style of ignoring sm - SMT

[ In Reply To ..]
emails, but I have to say I dislike V's micromanaging and hitting everyone over the head with a hammer even less. If they want to drive people away, they are going about it the right way.
Agreed. Sad too. I thought they were different but - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
just like all the others in the end they do not care.
Synernet didn't used to be that way - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
They were a really great place to work for a few years ago, but they've abandoned everything that made their service work as far as their relationship with their MTs. Is this really what it takes to keep up with your competition and grow your business these days? I've never seen so many apathetic MTs from Synernet on here before. You never used to see Synernet even discussed on here. I guess those days are gone.
By the way Synernet - TiredMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Mandatory OT is supposed to be used as temporary solution for short-term busy times, not as a permanent solution for years on a weekly basis. When you just say plan on it all summer long unless we tell you different, that is an abuse of it. If you call for people to volunteer and you don't get enough so you have to change it to mandatory, that means you have a problem with too much OT. If people wanted it, they would volunteer.
That gets me, too!! When I started that is how it was put - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
but it sure did not take long for it to be mandatory. Sad the way things change.
Have any of you noticed any of your auto corrects - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
disappearing? Yet another question I asked that I never got answered. It gets me when they say look in your guidebook. Well duh. I did and found nothing or I would not have emailed!!! I even emailed IT and got nothing.
That happened to me when I worked there - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
There's an exit process you have to adhere to (order of closing programs) at the end of your shift. Fusion should be the last thing MT closes if I remember correctly.
Yeah I saw that and try it, but they still - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
disappear.
disappearing autocorrects - SMT
[ In Reply To ..]
You're not going to get a reply because they can't fix it. That's how things are handled at Synernet. What is happening is when you have a "blip" in your connection you will lose your changes. So when the sound file briefly disappears, the changes you made prior to that will be gone. The best thing to do is make your changes all at once and then sign out and back in, and keep your fingers crossed. Welcome to Synernet where all your problems are solved in the manner you have seen.
Totally agree - Sick of it all
[ In Reply To ..]
It absolutely IS abuse to require everyone to work mandatory overtime for an entire season, especially during the summer months when people want to be able to enjoy their free time. I honestly used to absolutely love being an MT before I came to work for Synernet, but this company has just burned me out and drained me like I never expected. All of the constant demands, the mandatory overtime, the nitpicking, the horrific management, etc. Synernet is 100% responsible for turning me off from MT, which I never thought would ever happen. I regret ever going to work for this company and should have stayed put where I was before I came here.
The mandatory OT gets me, too. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I know no one wants to work for what they offer, though, so I can see why they cannot find people. Only seriously desperate people like me take those wages.
OT then out of work - Dog of summer
[ In Reply To ..]
I checked into it and it looks like there's not much that can be done about mandatory OT, but that running out of work and forcing people to make it up, now that is teetering on some pretty serious federal labor laws related to forcing people to "wait for work." That is why they always say "check back in 1-2 hours" (that's the max by law they can make you wait without having to pay you)even though by forcing you to make it up (without being allowed to use all that PTO you can't use) they force you to wait for work without even having to say it. It would be a decent court case if anyone gets fired related to it.

I wonder if the person who thought Synernet was "awesome" nm - Still thinks so

[ In Reply To ..]

Oh let it go already! Geez - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
n

"Awesome" - SynMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Sure do! It ain't perfect, but still awesome. Look, I realize a lot of people aren't happy, but in this industry in this day and time, it ain't as bad as it could be; maybe that's not enough for some, but for me I'm grateful that I've got it at least this good in an industry that having it good is now the exception.

We get paid (yes it is too low) on time. No one else offers 6 weeks of paid off time per year from day 1 (that is paid at your average hourly wage based on production, not some menial $10-$12 token rate paid for time off). The platform is user friendly and very easy to accumulate lines/make money. Benefit package and cost as a whole is still better than any other company I know of being offering out there.

I agree T and V leave a lot to be desired in terms of leadership, employee morale, etc., but truthfully I don't need them that often; I don't bother them and they don't bother me. Other people complain about not getting answers to emails, etc.; I rarely need them for anything so I haven't had that experience.

I guess "awesome" is subjective!

I am not knocking your happiness. I have been content. My pet peeve is the overuse of the sm - Another Synernet MT

[ In Reply To ..]
word awesome nowadays, and that is just my issue. I let my neighbor use my phone and took her to the grocery store -- she told me I am awesome. Really? Awesome/awe-inspiring things (to me) are the Grand Canyon, Easter Island, etc. If something is good or great, it is just that.

As for Synernet, yes, they have excellent paid time off and their insurance is reasonably priced. I don't "need" my supervisors often, so that makes it particularly irritating when I do e-mail them with a question and they do not answer. I asked about an upcoming holiday, regarding the coverage that was needed/expected, and T answered me 4 weeks AFTER the holiday had passed! That is the kind of stuff that irritates me. And these e-mails from V this week were unsolicited and definitely not needed. Ruling with an iron fist rarely wins you accolades.

I'm not the OP, but again I am glad you are happy, and I am not meaning this to bash you in any way. Nowadays, if someone is truly happy in this godforsaken profession, I'm happy for them. I won't stretch it so far as to say I'm gushing with happiness. It is a job, one of 3 that I have. If one job paid decently and always supplied enough work, that to me would be "awesome," especially nowadays. ;-)
Iron fist analogy - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Very funny...and true. The more I'm threatened, the less responsive I am. This company just keeps fixing what already works. I used to look forward to work every day. Now it's just torture. And mandatory OT? I'm ALREADY giving 200%; there's nothing left to give.

6 weeks paid time off? no wonder you need mandatory overtime - no name

[ In Reply To ..]
that is absurd. who came up with that benefit? that is too much time off for anyone. that is why you have overtime.
What good is 6 weeks of PTO if you are - not allowed to take it
[ In Reply To ..]
You have to plan vacation 1 year in advance and a couple days here and there is unheard of. You even have to plan a year ahead for 1 or 2 days off too. Who does that!!!

PTO no longer offered on day 1 - but after 90 days it acummulates

[ In Reply To ..]

synernet

I think the days of a company (not just Synernet) caring about anything sm - Time to buy lottery tickets

[ In Reply To ..]
except their own bottom line are long gone. I used to work for a group of cardiologists who would routinely tell me how valuable I was and how much they relied on me. I was paid well, had great benefits, etc. But, sadly, to everyone now it seems to be, "how little can I pay them and still get the work done and make the most profit." I've always said I don't need the "attaboys" and someone to hold my hand and tell me how great I am -- as long as I am paid well, that is all I need. Now I have neither. Sigh.

Similar Messages:

Synernet Or MD-IT
Aug 16, 2010

Does anyone out there have any experience working for on Synernet or MD-IT? ...

Synernet, Inc
Mar 27, 2011

Any recent info on Synernet, Inc in Portland, Maine?  Archives are quite old. ...

Synernet???
Jun 27, 2012

I have an interview with them coming up. They seem like they have a good reputation and the benefits look really good. One thing I am wondering about them is just how flexible are the schedules? For example, right now I am able to work a regular 2nd shift position with no problem (I currently work 2nd shift and prefer it to other shifts), but when school starts my kids will have sports and Girl Scouts and Cub Scouts and I have to take them to their meetings. The place I currently work at, they ...

Anyone Know About SYNERNET?
Aug 23, 2012

Does anyone have an opinion about Synernet? I only worked for them 1 mo and I can't wait to leave! ...

Synernet?
Feb 01, 2013

I just applied at Synernet and took their test.  It was pretty easy.  Has anyone ever worked for them?  How is the pay?  It says in the ad that they have excellent benefits.  Are they fairly flexible as far as scheduling?  Any feedback would be appreciated.  They sure sound like a decent company! ...

When Is Synernet Going To VR?
Dec 11, 2013

Just wondering when Synernet will be going to VR?  I wish they would post something on the message board when they have the conference calls for the ones that weren't able to attend.  ...

Synernet At It Again
Jan 30, 2014

First the dire email: Mandatory OT by end of week with at least 2 hours on Saturday. Just forget if you had plans for the weekend. Say what time you will be working and have to work those hours and put who okay'd those hours on your timesheet (you might lie you know). So you do that because you want to help the company out and it's nice to have OT again. So today, email, oops, some people cleaned up all the work so no OT today, but still MIGHT have it on Fri and Sat. Just stay tuned a ...

Any Synernet Mts On Here That Have
Apr 07, 2014

step-by-step instructions of how to handle priority reports? ...

Job With Synernet
Jul 15, 2014

I am applying for a job with Synernet and will be testing tomorrow. Can anyone tell me approximately how many lines I'd need to type a day to make... lets say 80-85 dollars a day?  I'd appreciate any rough ideas please. I know that most companies have really dropped their cpl since I stopped transcribing years ago, but wow! It's gonna be a challenge to make some money I guess! ...

Synernet VR
Aug 08, 2014

Has anybody actually did the math for the VR with 2000 lines a day/14,000 lines a week at 4 cents a line.  You may be shocked. ...

Synernet PTB
Oct 08, 2014

This msg goes out to J and V.   I would love to email or call you and address my concerns over this but I could not trust that my name would not be brought up and I would just have hell to pay later.   I (we) would love it if you would do something about the supervisors cherry picking their work types.  Why dont they work from a pool like the rest of us?  It is obvious when certain report types (PE tubes, T&A's, cataracts, etc. etc. are being done by t ...

Synernet
May 26, 2015

Anyone ever applied to Synernet and been rejected saying you did not pass their test?  I just completed an online assessment and they said I did not pass it, which is bull crap.  I would stake my life on it that I DID pass it.  What is their problem?  I have been working for 38 years and I certainly know everything they asked.  I want to see the results. ...

Hey Synernet!
Jun 17, 2015

How many emails do we have to get from LL and other micromanagers about helpers on the weekend?  Are we deaf or something?  Gimma a break.  Insulting and overkill.  Treat us with respect and quit treating us like idiots who do not know how to read. ...

What Is The Pay At Synernet?
Jun 27, 2015

nm ...

Anybody Happy At Synernet?
Nov 10, 2009

Archives have mostly negative stuff - is anybody there happy?  Some conflicting info too about whether they have 55 or 65 character lines - can anyone clarify?  Anybody making a decent wage that works there?  Do they have line bonus incentives?  Any info appreciated. ...

Has Anyone Heard Of Synernet?
May 10, 2010

Has anyone heard of Synernet? and is it a good company? what is the dirt on this place? ...

Synernet Is Ridiculous
Jun 03, 2010

Talked to the recruiter 2 weeks ago tomorrow (Friday, after her postponing the interview on Wednesday), she was very nice was told the paperwork would be send Fed Ex after not receiving it was told the gal in fhe office was out and would be sent later, and of course based on a "background check" etc  -- with training to supposedly start 06/14/2010  -- I have since accepted two positions and if I were an MT, I would be VERY leery of this company  -- a month to start is ridiculous especially wh ...

Synernet Platform
Oct 04, 2010

Does anyone know what Synernet pays and what platform they use?  Any info greatly appreciated. ...

Synernet - Does Anyone Know Anything About This Company?
Nov 26, 2010

Does anyone know anything about this company?  TIA! ...

Anyone Out There Working For Synernet
Jun 15, 2011

Anyone out there working for Synernet who has also worked for other companies?  I was an IC before joining Synernet a few years ago.  They are paying me .7 cpl, no flexibility unless per-diem and then per-diems still have to work 2 holidays a year, lots of vaca time but can't use 2 weeks in the summer until I've been there 10 years, management impossible to get response from regarding any type of question, just got thrown into weekend rotation, etc.  After looking at boards I see th ...

Synernet - Any Opinions
Apr 28, 2011

Any opinions on thes Company?  I am tired of testing for crappy companies. ...

Anyone Hear From Synernet Yet? Nm
Sep 29, 2011

x ...

Has Anyone Worked For Synernet
Oct 17, 2011

Has anyone out there ever worked for Synernet?  If so, how is the pay and how do they treat you?  Is there plenty of work?  Thx. ...

Synernet - Feedback
Feb 11, 2012

Looking for feedback on this company...VR, straight transcribing...platform, etc.  TIA ...

Info On Synernet?
Mar 20, 2012

Anyone have any info on Synernet, i.e., ppl, benefits, etc.? Thanks! ...

Does Synernet Pay For Spaces?
Jun 05, 2012

Just curious, I'm trying to decide between a few companies and I totally forgot to ask the interviewer.  I think the whole VBC thing is criminal.  It's bad enough not being paid for all of the research, demographics and CCs we do, but to not pay for characters that we actually type just because they don't print out in black and white is OUTRAGEOUS!!!  ...

Any Information On Synernet?
Dec 31, 2012

Any information on Synernet? do they have work? how is the pay? are the bonuses good? they state they pay differential for the night shift.  Thanks. ...

If I Could Get Some Opinions On Synernet
Jan 02, 2013

Wondered if I could get some opinions on Synernet.. what has been the experience of working there? Thanks!! ...

Synernet Insurance
Feb 12, 2013

Does anyone know what Synernet holds out for insurance? Is it worth it, do you think? Thanks! ...

Synernet...Confused
Mar 29, 2013

I was reading the ad posted by Synernet and thought it sounded quite decent, what with benefits and incentive plan, etc., then I noticed their ad has 4 "dislikes." Does anyone who clicked that "dislike" button care to explain here why?  If there's something about the company that isn't in line with the ad, I'd love to know before I bother testing and applying. TIA! ...