A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Which is correct? above-average range or above average range.... - Kiki

Posted: May 06, 2010

I've seen it both ways.  Is one way correct or preferred?  Or is either acceptable?

Thanks much in advance!

It should be hyphenated - See Rule inside

[ In Reply To ..]
A compound modifier (also called a compound adjective or a phrasal adjective) is an adjectival or adverbial phrase of two or more words. Compound modifiers can be thought of as grammatically equivalent to single-word modifiers, and can be used in conjunction with other modifiers.

Compound modifiers are hyphenated with the sole purpose of ensuring clarity: thoughtless application of "rules" is of lesser importance than, and may in fact be detrimental to, allowing readers to completely understand what is meant. On the other hand, consistency is valuable, so some guidelines have evolved based on logical requirement.

Similar Messages:

Amphion Pay Range?
May 17, 2010

Can anyone provide a ballpark range of what Amphion pays for straight transcription per line and for VR? I understood they also offered a shift differential. Thanks! ...

Formatting # Range In P.o.
Mar 23, 2012

When the doctor dictates a range for p.o., for instance "1/2 to 1 p.o.," do we write it as 0.5 to 1 or 1/2 to 1? Thank you for the help. ...

Range Of Motion Help
Apr 15, 2012

I have a doctor who says "Hip adduction, abduction normal (s/l template)."  Does that make any sense?  Any ideas? ...

Does Anyone Know Landmarks Pay Range?
Nov 30, 2012

Thx ...

Does Anyone Know What The QC Hourly Pay Range Is
Dec 04, 2012

TIA! ...

Cervical Range Of Motion
Aug 15, 2013

Okay, I'm stuck.  This doc is dictating his physical exam and is talking about the cervical spine rom.  "Full range of motion of the cervical spine to flexion, extension, rotation, side bending, and (s/l) discompression sign." Does anyone have any ideas? ...

Master Editor Position Pay Range?
Jan 18, 2011

Anybody know? Is this a new job title for QA or is this position different?  If so, how is it different?  ...

Oracle OTI, I Heard They Are Hiring? What Is The Pay Range?
Jan 02, 2012

Thanks for any/all info. ...

Salinas-Monterey Line Rate Range?
Sep 15, 2010

Just trying to get an idea--moved to WA state quite a while ago and wondering what's going on down in Calif.  TIA! ...

Oracle / OTI Pay Range? (I Refuse To Test First Without Knowing This)
Oct 05, 2010

Oracle does not reply to emails with questions.  They evidently only want you to fill in the blanks at their website. I refuse to spend my valuable time testing only to find out they start you at 7 cpl or some other ridiculous rate.  Can anyone tell me what they pay for an experienced IC MT?  0.09? 0.10? ...

Help! In PE: Normal S/l (cardinal) Range Of Motion Of Wrists? Nm
Nov 24, 2010

.. ...

Curious What The Salary Range Is For Team Lead Position...sm
Dec 16, 2011

Just curious what the MTSOs pay (range) for a team lead position these days with all that is going on with MT pay.  Is it worth it? ...

Has Good Knee And Ankle Range Of Motion With Symmetric *waistfuls*
Aug 17, 2010

He has a symmetric gait.  He has symmetric *waistfuls* (Pediatric Ortho) Thanks! ...

What's The Average Pay Now?
Apr 25, 2011

Anybody know the average pay now? I just received a check for 2 wks for $600 after taxes, insurance take home for 40 hours...not great! ...

Average Cpl
Jan 07, 2012

My department will soon be outsourced so I'm looking for a job. I've been paid hourly for 13 years so wondered if anyone could tell me an average pay on a cpl basis for both straight transcription and VR. Thanks. ...

Average Pay
Mar 27, 2012

Can anyone give me an idea of what you are able to average for an hourly rate at Nuance?  I know everyone is different, just curious. ...

Average Top Pay?
May 27, 2014

So what is the average top pay most places pay after years of employment?  I've been with the same company for many years and get 9 cpl and 1/2 that for SR.  I've only been with the one company so really don't know what goes on most other places.  I'm very unhappy though and want to change companies but can't go down a lot to start.   ...

"Active Range Of Motion Of The Left Knee Is Approximately 3rd To 100 Degrees"
Apr 07, 2010

"Active range of motion of the left knee is approximately 3rd to 100 degrees." Is "3rd to 100 degree" the correct way to transcribe it? Thanks! ...

Ortho Note - Subtalar And S/l "mu Talsa" Range Of Motion
Nov 10, 2009

on pe, He has normal subtalar and s/l "mu talsa" range of motion, however, he lacks dorsiflexion with 0 degrees bilaterally.  He needs to stretch.   thanks for any help! ...

On Average, How May Lines Does A
Jun 11, 2010

full-time MT type in one day?  I have always had P/T MT jobs,  but I think some days I'm getting full-time workloads, 1500+ lines.  Just curious.  Thanks ...

Average Salary
Dec 15, 2011

On average, how much do you fellow MTs who work 40 hours week earn per week or month?   ...

Does Anyone Really Average 150 Lph With 20 Accounts?
Feb 25, 2012

Hi,  I would like to know if any of you regular MModal employees truly get to the point of being able to do 20 accounts and make both the lph and QA requirements? Not looking for the negative flaming.   I personally am really struggling.  I just don't know how one can read specs from 2-3 new accounts in an hour with all the peculiarities and still meet above said requirements. I want it to work.  I don't really want a new job.  But I feel like we are be ...

Can Anyone Tell Me If 4 Cpl For VR Is The Average Pay These Days?
Oct 03, 2012

Am Curious As To What You Average In LPH
Oct 14, 2012

Am considering applying with Nuance.  Have worked with the M*Modal speech engine before and know that Escription is superior but how much better is what I wonder.  Would you be willing to give me an honest estimate of your average productivity in LPH when editing?  I don't need inflated numbers just something to go by that reflects a reasonable expectation.  Also, what is the minimum LPH required by Nuance when editing? Thanks in advace. ...

Average Pay Per Hour
Jun 19, 2013

Does anyone know what the AVERAGE transcriptionst makes per hour?  Most are paid per line now, but I am just wondering what people are earning per hour.  I am a transcriptionst working for an orthopedist.  I have 15+ years experience and have been working with this company for a few years now.  I am currently being paid 13.90 per hour.  I am an independent contractor, so no benefits, PTO, 401K, etc.  For some reason I just feel like I am being paid very low consider ...

Average Lines
Apr 29, 2014

I currently work for a clinic system who, it seems, is trying to usher us out the door so I've been looking at online companies.  It seems plenty pay by the line but I have NO clue how many lines per hour I can even do because the only number my place of employment gives us is average minutes per hour for an entire month (our bare minimum is 12 min/hr).  So I am curious to know what sort of average lines per hour you ladies can do?  We really cannot afford for me to take a hu ...

He Demonstrates Full Range Of Motion Of His Neck Without Pain Or S/l "C-spine" Tenderness
Mar 04, 2010

He demonstrates full range of motion of his neck without pain or s/l "C-spine" tenderness to palpation. ...

ASR Average Line Count
Jan 26, 2010

I'm just starting ASR and was wondering if some of you could give me an average line count on ASR.  Thanks.  ...

Average Line Count Is Per Day?
Apr 28, 2010

Can anyone tell me what their average line count is per day? (just the total not separated between work type).  Im not trying to be nosey and I don't know who any of you are personally, I'm just trying to get an idea where I stand compared to everyone else here.  I have been at Medquist for many years and seen many changes.  Over the years, my line count has gone up and my pay has gone down.  I am trying to determine if the reason is mostly me or mostly medquist changes and if th ...

Average Production Lph At Webmedx??
Jul 29, 2010