A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone know how much Cobra is for Transtech? - I give up but dont want to call yet. nm

Posted: Jan 29, 2010

nm

Not sure for Transtech - but mine is $750.00/month. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Alternative to Cobra - I have learned the hard way

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't know how much COBRA is with TT, but I have used COBRA twice when I left other companies, and paid both arms and both legs for family coverage through COBRA for several months. If you only need coverage for several months until insurance kicks in with a new job, you might want to consider short-term coverage through an independent company like BCBS. It can be used for up to 6 months, and I have heard they accept almost anybody for that period of time. There might be preexisting conditions they would not allow, but unless your health is just really, really bad, even if you have to pay out of pocket for some things you normally would not, you still might save in the long-run over using COBRA.

I'm not eligible for any individual insurance. - I have to have Cobra. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I got a letter saying that because of our separation from the... - mt68

[ In Reply To ..]
old PEO, we were eligible to get a 65% reduction in COBRA payments if we met the income guidlines (part of the Recovery and Reinvestment Act passed last year). I called this place and was told that a determination could be made in days. I then got a letter stating that for Employee & Spouse benefits, all coverages, it was about $1000. If we were to get the 65% reduction, this would have made coverage $350 per month for the next 15 months.

The caveat is that to get the 65% assistance with the COBRA, you cannot be eligible for benefits anywhere else. Since I didn't qualify for that (still working), I didn't keep the information, but I do know for sure that the deadline to sign up for COBRA from the old PEO said March something.

I also got a letter from BCBS saying that if I took a conversion plan before 01/31, it would be retroactive to 01/01 with no lapse in coverage. Of course if you don't take action today, you might still have a lapse in coverage but I think you could still get coverage extended under COBRA.

If you go to http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/COBRA.html it explains a little about about this Act.

I don't think any of the Cobra info from the old company applies since - we are eligible for benefits at the new place. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

In the conversations I had, it was not cut and dried that you were... - mt68

[ In Reply To ..]
automatically not eligible to COBRA the old benefits just because you moved to the new company. As I understood it, you had to be currently ineligible for benefits when applying and could apply until March. That could be part-time work or no work.

I am not saying this is gospel, but if you need to COBRA your benefits, I would talk with the old PEO and see what your options are.
Very interesting. Thanks! - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

side note--how much notice do we have to give? - sameboat

[ In Reply To ..]
Anyone know? I can't find it in their paperwork.

For reference purposes, I don't know (usually 2 weeks). For COBRA, - no notice is required. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You receive paperwork about two weeks after your last day with information about the COBRA process and the cost of the premium. I think you have 60 days to make up your mind and pay back premiums.

COBRA - what was I thinking!

[ In Reply To ..]
I am paying $474.00 for just myself

Ouch. Is that based on the insurance company we - just switched from? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

you will receive a letter - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I just received a letter about a week ago about my COBRA rates. They were outrageous. As COBRA always is.

Can you share what your rate was, and if it's for the new company or the old one? - The rate determines whether I have to stay. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Re: TransTech ApplicationOn My TransTech Application Should I Fill In Favorite Work Types & Fav
Jan 11, 2011

On my Trans Tech application should I fill in favorite work types and favorite specialities or leave blank or put any? ...

Cobra
Nov 08, 2011

Anyone let go or quit that applied for Cobra.  If so, how much did it cost, or percentage of what we pay anyway.  Thanks in advance ...

Cobra. Sm
Jan 26, 2013

I am confused. I signed up for medical, dental, and vision insurance and the amounts are being deducted from my pay check.  Why have I received a letter about Cobra and have to reply no later than 03/2013 in order to continue vision and dental.  I am mixed up.  I guess I am dense. It's from E Cobra.  What is this?  Thanks for you help.  I know I could contact human resources, which I may on Monday, but thought I'd see if you can help me. Thanks in advance. ...

Cobra Premium
Feb 18, 2010

Does anybody know how much the full Cobra premium would be if you didn't qualify for Obama's subsidy after leaving MQ? ...

401K, Cobra After MQ
Nov 16, 2010

Does any one know how long it takes to get your 401K after giving notice to MQ.  I'm seriously contemplating getting out of here.  Also, does any one know how Cobra is calculated.  Thanks. ...

Cobra Insurance
Feb 04, 2011

I work for Transcend and am a bit worried as there is no work and will not qualify for insurance.  Does anybody know how much Cobra is through Transcend with Aetna?  I have the lowest plan for a family of 4.  Any help would be great.   I hate to contact HR and send red signals. ...

COBRA - Pls See Msg For Question
May 11, 2011

Is there a way to find out what COBRA would cost you if you left your job w/o employer finding out?  ...

Cobra Cost
Sep 13, 2012

What are others on Cobra doing w/regards to high deductible? At this, I won't be able to afford any meds. ...

Transcend COBRA
Nov 15, 2012

I was wondering if anyone had left Transcend or has any idea how much COBRA is with them.  I have an email in to HR already and a meeting with my super later and I may just voluntarily go part time if they do not make me.  I have had sickness on top of running out of work so low pay checks lately and not meeting minimums and medical is an issue for me since I have preexisting I cannot get an individual policy.  I have been so stressed and rather than even discuss it it may be easi ...

Anyone Know How Much COBRA Costs?
Feb 21, 2013

Just considering my options. That's all I'm saying. I have the cheaper of the 2 health insurance plans, as well as the dental and vision plans. ...

COBRA - Would Be Eligible
Dec 27, 2013

Does anyone know if one would be eligible for COBRA or Obamacare if they quit say around February or March, way later than the deadline to sign up for the ACA? ...

Landmarkers - Anything More About Our COBRA Situation?
Jan 27, 2011

Has anyone heard anything more about our COBRA situation?  Aren't we supposed to have heard something by now? ...

Does Anyone Know How Much Single Cobra Is For WMX For Medical,
Jul 20, 2011

nm ...

Ex Transcend Cobra Insurance
Dec 06, 2012

I have already asked HR in case someone wants to tell me to do that and I was given a copy of a generic letter stating this and that date I would received a letter and they could not provide any information...Is there anyone that has quit Transcend and can tell me what your cobra was to be for just you.  Thanks! ...

Cobra Insurance Anyone Left
Mar 29, 2015

Has anyone ever left a company and did Cobra for the insurance?  Trying to get an idea of how much the premiums increase, don't want to ask because I don't want them to know I am thinking of leaving but would like a general idea if anyone knows what percentage it might be?  I figure it would at least double. ...

Cost Of Hightest/best Insurance On COBRA
Dec 12, 2014

Does anyone know what the current cost of COBRA is for the highest level of insurance (the "better" one) that Nuance offers is for a single person?  (Well, single in that no other members are claimed.) I've been offered an IC job that pays very well, but I have to keep my insurance (as crappy as this policy is).  I know I can get healthcare through the marketplace thingy, but I'm wondering if I just needed to take COBRA for a bit, how much would it cost. Please only respond ...

Does Any LMarker Know How The Payment For Cobra Is To Be Made? No Message
Jan 30, 2011

nm ...

I Only Have Dental And Vision Insurance. Would I Be Eligible For COBRA For Those?
May 05, 2011

I only have dental and vision insurance. Would i be eligible for COBRA for those? ...

Moving From EE Status To Self-employed; COBRA Or Individual
Feb 18, 2013

In my late 50's, health history mainly diabetic and overweight...in general, have those of you who have made a similar change found premiums of individual plans to be better or worse than offered through COBRA?  Thanks for any input. ...

Pt With Boxer's Fracture - Plan: Treat With A S/l Cobra Splint?
Aug 20, 2011

x ...

Sounds Like "cobra" Cast. PT Has A Boxer's Fracture....
Dec 28, 2009

He really sounds like he is saying "cobra cast" but cannot locate in Stedman's or online.  The VR actually picked it up as Kober cast, but I cannot locate that term either, and it really does sound like "cobra."  Anyone come across this one?  Thanks in advance.  :) ...

TRANSTECH PAY
Nov 10, 2009

Anybody know what the pay is for transtech, VR and standard?  I am looking at applying. TIA ...

Transtech Rad
Nov 17, 2009

Anyone working at Transtech care to share whether there radiology accounts pay better than there acute care?  I currently work for them on acute care.  Thanks! ...

TransTech'ers, Is It Getting Any Better
Jan 25, 2010

nm ...

TransTech QA
Sep 04, 2010

Hi there fellow TT MTs:)  Do any of you ever have trouble with QA at TT.  Lately, I have been afraid to send anything in for correction, particularly 1 person, who dissects my reports down to crossing my Ts and dotting my Is.   I know she is probably just doing her job well, and I know being in QA is a hard job, but this is getting depressing. I am not a newbie by any means, and I know my job well.  Not criticizing here, just a little perplexed I guess.  Thanks everyone! ...

TransTech VR
Jun 22, 2011

Just wondering if you can do exclusively VR or exclusively traditional?  I thought it was mandatory that both be done, but I want to be sure. Do you like the ExText platform? ...

Does Anyone Know About TransTech?
Nov 06, 2010

Does anyone know about TransTech? ...

Has Anyone Gotten A TransTech W2 Yet?
Jan 27, 2011

nm ...

To MT Looking/TransTech
Mar 08, 2012

I started a new thread because I noticed your question about TransTech waaaay down at the bottom of the page and with no responses yet, so here goes... In my personal experience, nothing has changed from the older posts.  Even today, I have 4 accounts and I'm currently waiting for work to come into my queue.  If you can get in with TransTech as a favorite, you can make BIG money doing 98% OP notes (about 30,000 lines per pay period).  But, if you're just a regular, ...

Anything New At TransTech????
Jul 19, 2012

Usually there are lots of posts here about TT.  Just wondering what is going on now.  I was hired and supposed to start work there, but could not work with satellite.  For some reason, the EditScript would not come up.  So I got rid of satellite and had Verizon Wireless installed.  So far this is working pretty good.  Much better than satellite -- knock on wood.  Hopefully I can start working again.  ...