A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

401K, Cobra after MQ - MTr

Posted: Nov 16, 2010

Does any one know how long it takes to get your 401K after giving notice to MQ.  I'm seriously contemplating getting out of here.  Also, does any one know how Cobra is calculated.  Thanks.

You have to contact them with what you want - sk

[ In Reply To ..]
to do with your 401K. I rolled mine over and I think it took about a week or so after we filled out the paperwork. I don't know how cobra is calculated, but when I left 3 years ago it was $900+ per month for me and my 2 kids. I found a less expensive insurance to hold me over until mine at my new job kicked in. It was limited (only 3 dr visits per year), but since it was temporary it was fine with me. I know prices are more expensive, but I found insurance for the 3 of us for less than $200 a month back then.

Thanks - MTr

[ In Reply To ..]
Cobra would just be for me. I don't know why, but was under the impression that you pay what the company pays for group rates, and thought the company only paid one-half of your rate. I pay 75 every 2 wks, 150 a month, so thought it would $300/month for Cobra?

No Cobra is way expensive. - sk

[ In Reply To ..]
You probably won't even get the paperwork about it for a month or so after you quit--then you have to pay for the time in-between the time your insurance ran out and the next month's, so basically your first payment is doubled. I just couldn't afford it and, like I said, there is less expensive ones out there.

I believe that the president's stimulus provides for...sm - oldtimer

[ In Reply To ..]
help paying Cobra when you are unemployed.
Cobra cost and process - former MQMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I left last summer, refused to support MQ in their further offshoring of our jobs, had been with them for 12+ years. My Cobra for myself alone is $540 plus $40 for dental coverage ( vision would have been available also). I had some pre-existing problems that needed attention, but it took about 6 or 7 weeks to get the Cobra activated. The plan administrator was very helpful all through the process (an outside company does this). I have taken a PT cashier job at a super store in this VERY rural area to pay for this at $8.30/hour. It is very hard and discouraging but there are no healthcare jobs here. Obama's plan may include help with Cobra, but not right now, and not for those who quit. The subsidy for those laid off involuntarily expired 5/31/10.

Similar Messages:

Cobra
Nov 08, 2011

Anyone let go or quit that applied for Cobra.  If so, how much did it cost, or percentage of what we pay anyway.  Thanks in advance ...

Cobra. Sm
Jan 26, 2013

I am confused. I signed up for medical, dental, and vision insurance and the amounts are being deducted from my pay check.  Why have I received a letter about Cobra and have to reply no later than 03/2013 in order to continue vision and dental.  I am mixed up.  I guess I am dense. It's from E Cobra.  What is this?  Thanks for you help.  I know I could contact human resources, which I may on Monday, but thought I'd see if you can help me. Thanks in advance. ...

Anyone Know How Much Cobra Is For Transtech?
Jan 29, 2010

nm ...

Cobra Premium
Feb 18, 2010

Does anybody know how much the full Cobra premium would be if you didn't qualify for Obama's subsidy after leaving MQ? ...

Cobra Insurance
Feb 04, 2011

I work for Transcend and am a bit worried as there is no work and will not qualify for insurance.  Does anybody know how much Cobra is through Transcend with Aetna?  I have the lowest plan for a family of 4.  Any help would be great.   I hate to contact HR and send red signals. ...

COBRA - Pls See Msg For Question
May 11, 2011

Is there a way to find out what COBRA would cost you if you left your job w/o employer finding out?  ...

Cobra Cost
Sep 13, 2012

What are others on Cobra doing w/regards to high deductible? At this, I won't be able to afford any meds. ...

Transcend COBRA
Nov 15, 2012

I was wondering if anyone had left Transcend or has any idea how much COBRA is with them.  I have an email in to HR already and a meeting with my super later and I may just voluntarily go part time if they do not make me.  I have had sickness on top of running out of work so low pay checks lately and not meeting minimums and medical is an issue for me since I have preexisting I cannot get an individual policy.  I have been so stressed and rather than even discuss it it may be easi ...

Anyone Know How Much COBRA Costs?
Feb 21, 2013

Just considering my options. That's all I'm saying. I have the cheaper of the 2 health insurance plans, as well as the dental and vision plans. ...

COBRA - Would Be Eligible
Dec 27, 2013

Does anyone know if one would be eligible for COBRA or Obamacare if they quit say around February or March, way later than the deadline to sign up for the ACA? ...

Landmarkers - Anything More About Our COBRA Situation?
Jan 27, 2011

Has anyone heard anything more about our COBRA situation?  Aren't we supposed to have heard something by now? ...

Does Anyone Know How Much Single Cobra Is For WMX For Medical,
Jul 20, 2011

nm ...

Ex Transcend Cobra Insurance
Dec 06, 2012

I have already asked HR in case someone wants to tell me to do that and I was given a copy of a generic letter stating this and that date I would received a letter and they could not provide any information...Is there anyone that has quit Transcend and can tell me what your cobra was to be for just you.  Thanks! ...

Cobra Insurance Anyone Left
Mar 29, 2015

Has anyone ever left a company and did Cobra for the insurance?  Trying to get an idea of how much the premiums increase, don't want to ask because I don't want them to know I am thinking of leaving but would like a general idea if anyone knows what percentage it might be?  I figure it would at least double. ...

Cost Of Hightest/best Insurance On COBRA
Dec 12, 2014

Does anyone know what the current cost of COBRA is for the highest level of insurance (the "better" one) that Nuance offers is for a single person?  (Well, single in that no other members are claimed.) I've been offered an IC job that pays very well, but I have to keep my insurance (as crappy as this policy is).  I know I can get healthcare through the marketplace thingy, but I'm wondering if I just needed to take COBRA for a bit, how much would it cost. Please only respond ...

Question 401k
Jan 18, 2010

I'm new and was just wondering if MQ is still making a contribution to 401K and if so, can anybody tell me how it works?  Thanks. ...

401K From Spheris
Mar 14, 2010

I have recently quit my position with Spheris and want to know who to contact regarding getting our 401K or how to get a hold of this?  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! ...

401K Question
Dec 29, 2010

Does anyone remember when was the last time the Q contributed matching funds to the 401K?  Thanks for your response. ...

What Happens To Your 401K If You Quit?
Jan 02, 2011

I have a couple thousand dollars in it that I'd hate to lose.  I quit MQ and now am an IC, so I can't transfer it to another employer. So how does that work? ...

Info On 401K
May 01, 2011

I don't know if they have just changed things but I rolled over a large amount from my 401K into an individual IRA just this past January.  The advisor at ML said that most 401K's did not allow this but that ours did.  I had been told in the past that I could get my money "any time I wanted to."  I suppose it is possible that so many people have taken money out that they changed the rules but I would check with ML to be absolutely sure.  ...

401K Match
Mar 12, 2012

If there is anyone who understands the 401K match, can they give us a sample, ie, if you gross 1000 per pay period what the 25% of the first 4% would be and how much you could expect.  The way I do it, I would get 80 cents, so hoping I'm wrong. ...

401K/benefits
Mar 12, 2012

It is nice, I suppose, for those able to participate in the 401K, and those who would gain from the benefits. There are paychecks where I have earned $8 and 9 an hour (I'm a tier 3) because of being jerked around on multiple unfamiliar accounts and crappy dictators. I recently applied for food stamps (or go hungry), and had to borrow against a small line of credit to make my rent.  All this "improvement" doesn't help me pay for just the basic high cost of living we all are struggl ...

Anyone Get Their 401K Match
Jul 16, 2012

Before I start slamming this company yet again for not keeping their promises, did anyone check their 401K and see a contribution?  I know they were supposed to start matching after July 1st and the paycheck on Friday the 13th was the first one.  I expected when I logged into my 401k this morning to see a contribution and surprise surprise nothing. ...

Transcend 401K
Sep 03, 2012

Anyone know how long before you are fully vested in the 401K? I'm getting close to 2 years, but don't know how much longer I can stand this place.   ...

Nuance 401K
Oct 22, 2012

Who does Nuance have their 401K through?  TIA ...

Anyone Know If You Quit MM What Happens To 401K?
Mar 21, 2014

Do you have to move it somewhere else? I don't add to it any longer but still have around 10K in it.  ...

Does Any LMarker Know How The Payment For Cobra Is To Be Made? No Message
Jan 30, 2011

nm ...

I Only Have Dental And Vision Insurance. Would I Be Eligible For COBRA For Those?
May 05, 2011

I only have dental and vision insurance. Would i be eligible for COBRA for those? ...

Moving From EE Status To Self-employed; COBRA Or Individual
Feb 18, 2013

In my late 50's, health history mainly diabetic and overweight...in general, have those of you who have made a similar change found premiums of individual plans to be better or worse than offered through COBRA?  Thanks for any input. ...

Pt With Boxer's Fracture - Plan: Treat With A S/l Cobra Splint?
Aug 20, 2011

x ...