A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Transcend COBRA - mtmom

Posted: Nov 15, 2012

I was wondering if anyone had left Transcend or has any idea how much COBRA is with them.  I have an email in to HR already and a meeting with my super later and I may just voluntarily go part time if they do not make me.  I have had sickness on top of running out of work so low pay checks lately and not meeting minimums and medical is an issue for me since I have preexisting I cannot get an individual policy.  I have been so stressed and rather than even discuss it it may be easier for me to just say I will go part time.  I dont know just this company seems to be going to pot and does not care anymore about us.  Thanks to anyone who can  help!

Have you looked at the new requirements for benefits. - Requirements are less (hours and production). Onl

[ In Reply To ..]
thing is, the cost is much higher so not sure how that would work out for you. If you have health issues have you looked into anything your state may possibly offer?

Not yet - mtmom

[ In Reply To ..]
I have not looked at that yet. I glanced over the insurance to see what it was but that was it. I wanted to see what happened first. I have contacted my state and due to preexisting I only basically qualify for a high risk type for preexisting and you have to use up your COBRA first so hopefully I can keep my full time status if the work is there now that my other issues are under control. I just do not know lately about things you know with buyouts things always gradually change.

Well the new requirements for insurance are much less - than they were with Transcend. Check it out.

[ In Reply To ..]
Good luck.

insurance - heather

[ In Reply To ..]
We haven't been given this info yet. What website would we go to check it out?

There was info in an email a while back - s/m

[ In Reply To ..]
The e-mail said the eligibility for insurance benefits starts with those scheduled for 30 hours per week and up. This was from a company e-mail, and I have had it verified in a phone conversation with someone in HR.

There have been rumors floated on this board in the past, NOT yet confirmed from any official sources that I know of, that the full-time production requirement for Nuance is 1000 lines per day, and that's ANY kind of lines, edited or straight-typed. But as I said, NOT yet confirmed from any official sources.

As for the cost of the insurance, the high-deductible option with HSA is 46.35 per paycheck for a nonsmoker, which is quite a bit less than what's been coming out of my Transcend paycheck.

Similar Messages:

Ex Transcend Cobra Insurance
Dec 06, 2012

I have already asked HR in case someone wants to tell me to do that and I was given a copy of a generic letter stating this and that date I would received a letter and they could not provide any information...Is there anyone that has quit Transcend and can tell me what your cobra was to be for just you.  Thanks! ...

Cobra
Nov 08, 2011

Anyone let go or quit that applied for Cobra.  If so, how much did it cost, or percentage of what we pay anyway.  Thanks in advance ...

Cobra. Sm
Jan 26, 2013

I am confused. I signed up for medical, dental, and vision insurance and the amounts are being deducted from my pay check.  Why have I received a letter about Cobra and have to reply no later than 03/2013 in order to continue vision and dental.  I am mixed up.  I guess I am dense. It's from E Cobra.  What is this?  Thanks for you help.  I know I could contact human resources, which I may on Monday, but thought I'd see if you can help me. Thanks in advance. ...

Anyone Know How Much Cobra Is For Transtech?
Jan 29, 2010

nm ...

Cobra Premium
Feb 18, 2010

Does anybody know how much the full Cobra premium would be if you didn't qualify for Obama's subsidy after leaving MQ? ...

401K, Cobra After MQ
Nov 16, 2010

Does any one know how long it takes to get your 401K after giving notice to MQ.  I'm seriously contemplating getting out of here.  Also, does any one know how Cobra is calculated.  Thanks. ...

Cobra Insurance
Feb 04, 2011

I work for Transcend and am a bit worried as there is no work and will not qualify for insurance.  Does anybody know how much Cobra is through Transcend with Aetna?  I have the lowest plan for a family of 4.  Any help would be great.   I hate to contact HR and send red signals. ...

COBRA - Pls See Msg For Question
May 11, 2011

Is there a way to find out what COBRA would cost you if you left your job w/o employer finding out?  ...

Cobra Cost
Sep 13, 2012

What are others on Cobra doing w/regards to high deductible? At this, I won't be able to afford any meds. ...

Anyone Know How Much COBRA Costs?
Feb 21, 2013

Just considering my options. That's all I'm saying. I have the cheaper of the 2 health insurance plans, as well as the dental and vision plans. ...

COBRA - Would Be Eligible
Dec 27, 2013

Does anyone know if one would be eligible for COBRA or Obamacare if they quit say around February or March, way later than the deadline to sign up for the ACA? ...

Landmarkers - Anything More About Our COBRA Situation?
Jan 27, 2011

Has anyone heard anything more about our COBRA situation?  Aren't we supposed to have heard something by now? ...

Does Anyone Know How Much Single Cobra Is For WMX For Medical,
Jul 20, 2011

nm ...

Cobra Insurance Anyone Left
Mar 29, 2015

Has anyone ever left a company and did Cobra for the insurance?  Trying to get an idea of how much the premiums increase, don't want to ask because I don't want them to know I am thinking of leaving but would like a general idea if anyone knows what percentage it might be?  I figure it would at least double. ...

Cost Of Hightest/best Insurance On COBRA
Dec 12, 2014

Does anyone know what the current cost of COBRA is for the highest level of insurance (the "better" one) that Nuance offers is for a single person?  (Well, single in that no other members are claimed.) I've been offered an IC job that pays very well, but I have to keep my insurance (as crappy as this policy is).  I know I can get healthcare through the marketplace thingy, but I'm wondering if I just needed to take COBRA for a bit, how much would it cost. Please only respond ...

Does Any LMarker Know How The Payment For Cobra Is To Be Made? No Message
Jan 30, 2011

nm ...

I Only Have Dental And Vision Insurance. Would I Be Eligible For COBRA For Those?
May 05, 2011

I only have dental and vision insurance. Would i be eligible for COBRA for those? ...

Moving From EE Status To Self-employed; COBRA Or Individual
Feb 18, 2013

In my late 50's, health history mainly diabetic and overweight...in general, have those of you who have made a similar change found premiums of individual plans to be better or worse than offered through COBRA?  Thanks for any input. ...

Pt With Boxer's Fracture - Plan: Treat With A S/l Cobra Splint?
Aug 20, 2011

x ...

Sounds Like "cobra" Cast. PT Has A Boxer's Fracture....
Dec 28, 2009

He really sounds like he is saying "cobra cast" but cannot locate in Stedman's or online.  The VR actually picked it up as Kober cast, but I cannot locate that term either, and it really does sound like "cobra."  Anyone come across this one?  Thanks in advance.  :) ...

VR At Transcend
Nov 18, 2009

Did VR develop Alzheimer's?  It has lost everything.  I am tired of no commas, periods, and everything else it reverted back to since its infancy.  It is really true that now you can transcribe faster than you can edit.  Does anyone even care?  Do you know how many times you have to stop in the middle of labs to put in punctuation?   This has been going on for over a month and I haven't noticed any big push to get it fixed.  Just another way to m ...

MDI/Transcend Pay For ULD? M
Feb 01, 2010

Does anyone remember in the conference calls, mention of MDI/Transcend paying for unlimited long distance phone charges for employees?  I remember this being mentioned but can't recall all the details;  if it was for FT only, everyone, etc.  Does anyone remember details and if that still stands? ...

To MDI/Transcend MTs : Is Anyone Else
Feb 01, 2010

work today?  ...

Transcend TLs ??
Feb 08, 2010

I am curious as to if the TLs are meeting their requirements.  They are expected to type 75-80% of their time and get paid by the line as well .  I am very suspicious that they are not typing VR all day, having their work sent to India, etc, and are getting the straight typing.  They get paid a flat fee per month for their administrative duties on top of that.  I wonder if they are experiencing no work and looking at a blank screen most of their time& ...

Transcend MTs
Mar 03, 2010

n/m ...

Is There More Than One Transcend? I See Their
Mar 19, 2010

job ad on the Seeker's board and it sounds like a place I would like to work.  I work for a company also called Transcend, but they are not a place that I would recommend to anyone.  I haven't worked all week as there has been no work.  Just NJA. So maybe this Transcend is in a parallel universe.  It certainly could not be the same place where I'm employed.  ...

About Transcend
Mar 28, 2010

I have read dozens of posts on the board about Transcend, some good and a lot not so good.  However, I think there is an explanation for some MTs loving it there and others hating it so much. Transcend is a company made up of many other companies through mergers. The original Transcend who existed first, before acquiring other companies seems to be the problem.  On the other hand, for example MDI/Transcend, for the most part does not seem to fit that description. You have to remember ...

VR With Transcend?
Apr 21, 2010

I'm coming to the realization that unless I get faster with editing these VR reports, I am never going to be able to make the full-time production requirements at Transcend.  I'm really freaking out.  Is it really possible to do 300 lines per hour in VR?  How long does it take to get faster with it?    ...

Want To See What Our Value Is To Transcend?
May 19, 2010

Google Star Clip Itz Note Holder w/ Metal Rod & Alligator Clip to see exactly how much it cost Transcend per MT for this gift that bears so much thought and appreciation.  Do they really not realize how it affects their corporate image when their priority is placed on spending $600,000+ on a failed business venture versus the amount spent to "appreciate" the motor that makes their business run?  That's like spending more than a half million dollars to buy a garage to hous ...

Transcend....yet Again
Jun 05, 2010

I was with the company for over five years, not once failing to meet the requirements of me yet I was told my position would have to change to 2nd or 3rd shift if I wanted to keep my job as there were no positions available for 1st shift.  Two days after resigning I see they are hiring for 1st shift positions on a typing only platform which is what I wanted. I just don't get it. ...