A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any current Accentus workers??? - trying to get answers

Posted: May 20, 2013

I will be interviewing soon for a position at Accentus.  I want to get the opinions of any current workers.  Do they run out of work often?  Is the Apex platform anything close to the Escription platform?  Is the STAR team really worth the extra per line or is it too much to take in?  I have seen posts on here from last year, but want to see how they are currently.  Any input is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Answers... - AccMT

[ In Reply To ..]
In my experience lately, since they announced they were bought by Nuance we ALWAYS have work and tons of it. Reason is I surmise that many people left when it was announced (don't blame them). I believe this workload will change shortly as soon as Nuance fully integrates us and ships half or more of our work to Indians so be aware of this.

As for Apex, it's workable but is very clunky and is in NO way comparable at all to Escription....farrrrr from it. Apex...well...basically sucks.

From what I have heard from others who have worked teh STAR team, NO it is n ot worth it because you have to work a ton of accounts and get alot of crappy work and this can negatively impact your line count. So just because they pay more, they pay more for STAR team for a reason.

Again, the thing to be very aware of is that Nuance bought us out earlier this year. Most of us are holding our breaths because we know what's coming. Our benefits open enrollment is coming up within the next month so assuming Nuance will implement their benefits package then (would only be expected). Have it through the grapevine that they are testing merging their platform with Apex so we will not be converting to Nuance's platform but still using Apex with their system "over top". Unsure what that means but guess we'll find out shortly. Also, whatever our pay scales are now WILL change and probably within the next 6 months or so (and they aren't going up but down as Accentus pays more than Nuance currently).

Another current Accentus/Nuance employee - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I completely agree with the above assessment. A lot of familiar names on my accounts, and familiar QA names have disappeared (don't blame them...I am actively looking to jump also). Apex has crashed and had slowness repeatedly over the past month. Apex is clunky, but you can add some shortcuts to work around it. I also heard because of how Apex "interfaces" with the hospital EHR they will be continuing it, although on a new account they are not using Apex. The Canadian accounts seem to be really overwhelmed with work, but they have just hired a bunch on my US accounts and I have been struggling to get enough work. Pros: I really like my supervisor, who is supportive, and that helps a lot. The pay right now is far better than I was able to get anywhere else, I know my accounts and am at the top level of pay. Cons: I am sure that great pay will be a thing of the past once Nuance takes over. It really is all unknown right now and personally I would be afraid to hire on with so much unknown yet since we haven't been fully transitioned to Nuance. I think in just another month or so that will happen and you could ask again.

PAY! - magmed

[ In Reply To ..]
Did you verify the pay/line rate? I emailed and asked pay rate before taking the time to apply. The rate I was quoted was the worst I have ever heard of. Check rate before wasting your time!

TAKE THE ABOVE BACK - IT WAS ACUSIS! - magmed

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Apex platform is horrid. Many corrections. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe the Dragon would be better. Apex is Slow, clunky... Very unuser NOT friendly and a real dinosaur program. ERRR

Similar Messages:

Medical Transcribers, II, Inc. Former And Current Workers!
Apr 24, 2012

Looking for current information on this company, both positive and negative. Thank you!  ...

Precyse - Would Like To Hear From Current Workers
Apr 05, 2014

to test.  Would like to hear from current workers.  I know Lissybell is quite happy there but would like to hear from any others willing to share their opinion.  Thanks.   ...

Any Current Info On Accentus? Nm
Feb 06, 2013

x ...

Any Current Accentus Employees??
May 20, 2013

I will be interviewing soon for a position at Accentus.  Since they are a part of Nuance, I thought I would post my questions here.  I want to get the opinions of any current workers.  Do they run out of work often?  Is the Apex platform anything close to the Escription platform?  Is the STAR team really worth the extra per line or is it too much to take in?  I have seen posts on here from last year, but want to see how they are currently.  Any input is greatly ...

Current Info On Transolutions/Accentus
Dec 15, 2011

I know there used to be a lot of happy folks at Transolutions, now owned by Accentus.  I can't find much recent info as to happiness/contentedness with pay and procedures, etc.  I am particularly concerned about changes since the Accentus swapover. Thoughts and/or comments?  Thanks very much. ...

Any TTS Workers Who...
Feb 23, 2013

work on the account that starts with a B and has 6 letters?  Could you please email me your yahoo messenger ID so we can keep in touch in case I have questions as I have seen the efficiency in which "the team" gets back to me.  I would very much appreciate it.  Thanks. ...

Something We Workers-at-home Need To Consider...
Jan 21, 2010

when I started telecommuting full time.It finally penetrated my consciousness a couple of weeks ago that every year, when it came time to renew my auto insurance policy, I used to get a call from a local agent, and we'd go over the policy, making sure there were no changes. One of the questions was always how many miles did I drive to and from work each day, along with the current odometer reading, and the estimated number of miles driven each year.I haven't gotten one of those calls i ...

Weekend Workers?
Feb 13, 2011

How many of the MTs here work on the weekends? ...

Workers Comp
Apr 21, 2011

Anyone know how to write an appeal letter?  I was denied by the judge, even though my doctor said I have wrist and hand tendinitis due to typing for 16 years.  Wow, i'm devastated, not only am I hurting, but financially a wreck.  Anyway, I am writing an appeal to the board and have no money to visit a lawyer, wondering what goes in an appeal letter.  Any help greatly appreciated.  TIA ...

They Want Third Shift Workers, But....
Dec 12, 2011

So sorry for the rant, but I am so tired of companies wanting us all to cover third shift, but don't want to pay anything extra when we do and if they do it's something like a quarter of a penny, what in the world is that?   I know I shouldn't complain, but this shift is HARD to work, especially when you have little ones.  Just a little frustrated tonight, and I know there are people who have it worse than I do, but I don't have anywhere else to vent.  Thanks ...

Any Acusis Workers Happy There?
Jul 02, 2010

I want to go into this job with an open mind, but I just keep reading horror stories. So can anyone give me positives of working there? ...

Investigation Of 3 MQ Workers Of The Trade Act?
Mar 13, 2010

Medquist, Inc., Norcross, GA; Notice of Termination of Investigation Mar 12, 2010 (FIND, Inc. via COMTEX) -- Pursuant to Section 223 of the Trade Act of 1974, as amended, an investigation was initiated in response to a petition filed on November 19, 2009, by three workers on behalf of workers of MedQuist, Inc., Norcross, Georgia. The petitioning group of workers is covered by an active certification, (TA-W-72,153) which expires on September 22, 2011. Consequently, further investigation in thi ...

BP Will Compensate Gulf Workers But
Jun 16, 2010

for our government happily supporting offshoring? ...

Acusis Workers, I Have A Question
Jul 13, 2010

I want to buy a brand new laptop to work on. But I don't want the software to slow down my computer or a bunch of intrusive, bloated software on a new computer. I'm not talking about while I'm working. While I'm working, I know things will be slow. I'm talking about when I'm not working. ...

Question For Spheris MQ Workers
Feb 19, 2011

I recently accepted a job with MQ. I will be working on Spheris accounts/platform. I have read many compliants about DQS, but have not found many comments regarding the Spheris platform.  Spheris workers...are you fairly satisfied with your earnings? Does the VR system do a pretty good job?  Do you think it is a mistake to have accepted this job? I hate to job hop and do not want to start a job if I don't stand a chance at earning a decent living. Also, does anybody know the ...

American Workers Have Changed--And Not For The Better
Nov 08, 2011

I've talked with several MTs recently who work for different companies. The companies have to send out reminders to the MTs that they are supposed to be at work at specific times. They also are having trouble with MTs just taking off without arranging for coverage of their accounts. The list goes on and on. What bothers me most though is the attitude of workers. Work was not easy years ago, but people did it with courage and integrity. You don't see much of that anymore.   &nbs ...

Has Anyone Ever Filed A Workers Comp
Apr 26, 2012

I was just looking through the Human Resources page and can't find anything about WC. Just curious if anyone has filed for it and any clue on who to talk to about it? TIA ...

Ever Filed A Workers Comp?
Aug 07, 2012

I have carpal tunnel. Is it possible to file a WC case at MModal for this? Who would I speak to in Human Resources.  Spent a bit of time looking at MQCentral (or whatever it's called) and got dizzy, but couldn't find an answer. TIA ...

Workers Comp Transcription
Sep 07, 2012

Does anyone do worker's compensation transcription?  Do you like it?  What are the main things you type?  Thanks. ...

Workers Comp Suit (sm)
Oct 25, 2012

Now that the MTSO are calling us "employees", has anyone considered a workers compensation suit for depression from not being able to make a decent living? Perhaps an overuse syndrome from having to work so many more hours to make line counts? Curious. ...

Do Offshore Workers Pay US Income Tax?
Nov 20, 2012

How does that work....taking US opportunity and making profit from it, do they share in the TAXX burden? ...

Former Meridian Healthcare Workers... How's It Going?
Feb 23, 2013

Hey all, just wondering if by some miracle that everything is working out okay for you ? I was so sorry for all of you when MedQuist took you over, and was so glad I was able to get out last year before it happened.   Is everyone doing okay ? ...

MTs Making Less Than McDonald's Workers?
Sep 05, 2013

It's just sad to think that with all of my education and experience (20+ years) as an MT, that someone working at McDonald's or Wal-Mart might actually be making more than me and getting better benefits in the very near future.  We need to rise up, people!!  ...

Assembly Line Workers
Nov 16, 2013

I was just sitting here thinking about the kind of work that we are all doing and what it boils down to is that we have become assembly line factory workers but instead of assembling widgets, we're assembling medical reports.    ...

Has Anyone Here Filed Workers' Comp At MM?
Apr 20, 2015

I would love to hear your experience.  Did they fight it?  Did they let you come back to your same BOB and shift?  Did you have to pay your entire health insurance premium during that time?  Can you collect short-term disability and workers' comp simultaneously?  Any info at all appreciated.   I've been at MM 15 years and now have CTS, RSI, and epicondylitis, not to mention rapid vision loss from staring at the monitor all day, hearing loss from having t ...

Bankrupt Spheris Wants To Pay Workers In Cash
Mar 13, 2010

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100313/BUSINESS01/3130330/1003/NEWS01   So many workers are taking time off that Spheris Inc., currently in Chapter 11 bankruptcy and waiting to be sold to a rival, is concerned that it won't be able to finish all its medical transcription chores for clients in a timely manner. The Franklin-based company wants U.S. Bankruptcy Court approval to pay its employees in cash for up to 40 hours of accrued and unused leave time so they'll stay ...

New Commercial Regarding Workers' Rights & IC Status
Aug 26, 2010

I live in California and just now my husband called my attention to the TV. Sokolove Law LLC (ambulance chasers, usually one of those "If you or someone you know has taken the drug..." commercials) is advertising for anyone being hired as an independent contractor yet treated as an employee with an expected scheduled, etc., should call them to pursue their legal entitlements. Once the pharmaceutical ambulance chasers get on the subject of IC versus employee, I have a suspicion things are gonna ...

To MTSOs: Pay Your Workers A Wage They Can Live On,
May 12, 2011

"production", and watch quality improve. Or, if still determined to pay on production, then acknowledge overtime worked (you know we do it, you just don't want to acknowledge it, or pay for it), and increase cpl earned beyond 8 hours. Offer higher cpl for years worked for your company. Reward loyalty, and your workers will continue to be loyal. Blow them off, and they'll blow YOU off. Pay MTs more per line for typing horrible-quality voice files. Pay them more for ESL docto ...

Co-workers Signing Off Shift Early
May 16, 2011

Do any of you have this problem? There are several us on one particularly account. They will either sign off 5-6 hours into their 8 hr shift (saying they've met their minimum quota)or sometimes on weekends just leave work not done til the next day. I have the last shift and have to stay until all docs are finished no matter how late. Therefore, I get "mop up" duty every day. Any helpful suggestions? Oh, by the way, they "cherry pick" the short reports and I get left with the extremely long ...

Late Shift Workers- North
Sep 01, 2011

I'm thinking of switching to 11 pm-7am CST shift from day shift.  What is the work like at that time of night, is there work or are you consistently running out of work as well.  I don't want to change my whole lifestyle just to be in the same boat I'm in now. ...