A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Investigation of 3 MQ workers of the Trade Act? - What is this about?

Posted: Mar 13, 2010

Medquist, Inc., Norcross, GA; Notice of Termination of Investigation

Mar 12, 2010 (FIND, Inc. via COMTEX) --

Pursuant to Section 223 of the Trade Act of 1974, as amended, an investigation was initiated in response to a petition filed on November 19, 2009, by three workers on behalf of workers of MedQuist, Inc., Norcross, Georgia.

The petitioning group of workers is covered by an active certification, (TA-W-72,153) which expires on September 22, 2011. Consequently, further investigation in this case would serve no purpose, and the investigation has been terminated.

Signed in Washington, DC, this 28th day of January 2010.

Elliott S. Kushner,

Certifying Officer, Division of Trade Adjustment Assistance.

[FR Doc. 2010-5362 Filed 3-11-10; 8:45 am]

BILLING CODE 4510-FN-P

Vol. 75, No. 048

[TA-W-72,897]

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/news/stock-alert/medq_medquist-inc-norcross-ga-notice-of-termination-of-investigation-842440.html

Maybe they challenged how MQ is making it impossible to file for TAA, even - though our work is going to India? Look --

[ In Reply To ..]
Our government and even our SUPREME COURT is in bed with big business, so as far as getting help with TAA or UA, it is really HARD to do so.

America is up the creek and our paddles have been taken away.

Answer - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
It looks like some workers tried to get Medquist listed under the TAA Act without realizing it had already been listed. That's why it says the investigation was terminated.

Yup, that is what it - looks like. (no message)

[ In Reply To ..]
NM.

saw this, too, and was wondering about details - wooly bully

[ In Reply To ..]
Did you notice there was no details about this at all? Wonder where they can be found. MQ sure didn't put this on MQCentral -- I sure hope everyone answered their survey about exercising -- they insult our intelligence by putting crap on their instead of the nitty gritty that they of course don't want us to know a %^&* thing about - chicken shits!!

MQ always in trouble - Nothing new

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been MTing for 20 years. MQ is always in trouble for this, that or the other. This is nothing new. MQ always pushes the boat to see how far they can get and the MT's get screwed in the process. I only took this job because my other account closed down. As soon as I find something better, I'm leaving MQ. They have never had a good reputation (for how they treat the MT's) and probably never will.

Similar Messages:

Investigation
Jan 25, 2011

Google "Tripp Levy PLLC, Medquist" Might be of interest to those who have common stock.... ...

Yet, Another Investigation...
Jan 26, 2011

This came up on my automatic Google search.  http://www.tradingmarkets.com/news/press-release/4123043z_medq_medq_the-law-firm-of-levi-amp-korsinsky-llp-launches-an-investigation-into-possible-breaches-of-fiduci-1444232.html ...

Division Of Labor Investigation Against Landmark
Apr 12, 2014

I just got a letter from the Department of Labor regarding Landmark. It states they are investigating to see if they are complying with the Fair Labor Standards Act. Included was a form to fill out. Should I fill this out? Will it come back to bite me  later? Did anyone else get this letter yet, and are you planning to fill out the form? ...

I Hope The Doctor Just Didn't Dictate About An Investigation
Nov 19, 2010

but I just did a report on a 10 month old that fell from the sofa to the carpeted floor and supposedly got a skull fracture.  Not one word was said about an investigation of child abuse, but I find this sort of thing worrisome.  I sure hope SOMEONE will look into any case like this, whether it is dictated or not. ...

Trade Act/TAA
Dec 17, 2009

Has anyone investigated MQ's TAA petition?  I just read about it a minute ago and wondered...sounds too good to be true ...

Trade-act
Apr 16, 2010

The trade-act is only for those who are laid off or who suffer as much as 7 consecutive days without work due to offshoring.  Does everyone have that understanding or did I miss something?  Thanks! ...

Trade Act
May 13, 2013

Can someone please give me some info on where to find out this info and petition number.  Thank you. ...

Can You Trade Your Own Work
Aug 05, 2010

I have a job. I do not want it. I am sick of being an MT. There are newbies who want to be an MT. I want to help a newbie. I got offered 3 jobs and took this one, and I still don't want it. Newbies get offered no jobs. I wish I could fix this. Here I am with an unwanted job, and wanting to help a newbie, and there is nothing to do about it!! I would love to explain medical terminology and VR and the ins and outs of production work, I just do NOT want to do it myself any more!! Where ca ...

New To VR - Need Some Tricks Of The Trade!
Apr 04, 2011

Been working with VR since last October.  After rebuilding shorthand file and adding words to autocorrect for the last 5 months, I feel those items are no longer a insignificant factor hampering my production.  Sadly, I'm finding I'm not as productive as I need to be in order to make a living. Anyone have any VR tricks to increase production?  I'm headed to the poor house if I don't get this figured out soon! Truly appreciate any help you can o ...

TAA (Trade Act) Information
Jan 14, 2013

I am looking for any Axolotl MTs who have been let go within the last year to sign a petition with me:  http://www.labor.ny.gov/workforcenypartners/taaforms/taa-petition.pdf It does nothing against the employer; in fact, they usually support the act.   There need to be at least 3 workers to sign before it can be submitted.   I hope every MT who has lost their jobs has applied for this...  MQ is on their list already, as is United HealthGroup (only not for MT).  Plea ...

Anyone Know Anything About The Trade Act Petition?
Dec 16, 2013

Got a call today from the Dept of Labor and the nice lady said I was entitled to educational benefits of $27,000.00 and/or if I got a job for, let's say, $10.00 an hour "they" would pay me $5 more because of something to do with MModal and NA Free Trade; that MModal was "adversely effected" (her words) because of outsourcing----that Americans are now missing out on jobs, etc., ect.....Really didn't know what to make of all what she was saying, but I told her to send me the paperwork. S ...

Trade Act Petition
Apr 02, 2014

New petition # is 85182. It is currently awaiting a decision. Our previous petition expired the end of March. Hopefully the new petition will be approved. ...

Trade Act News About Medquist
Dec 24, 2009

I spoke to a representative of the Trade Act in person today to ask some questions.  I learned this and want to share it to help empower those who feel hopeless this season: -All states are participating in the Trade Act.  -There was an old version of the Trade Act which necessitated that you be laid off by your company to benefit with the Trade Act.  The new version (ending with #7, not #6) starting in February 2009 allows those still working to enroll in the program. -Medquis ...

TAA - Trade Adjustment Assistance
Jan 06, 2010

this is great news for Mt Laurel New Jersey.  Are there any other offices who have done this?  they actually qualified and that means they have set a precedence.  Everyone who is struggling with Medical Transcription right now either losing their jobs or (sounds like) had their hours cut should check into this... From the website:  TAA Decision 72153 Note: Determinations for this case number, this case number with an alphabetic suffix, and any appeals or amendments ...

Can Someone Re-post That Trade Act Petition.
Jan 11, 2010

I tried looking it up in search mode and cannot find it, yet I know I saw it posted here not too long ago.  Thanks! ...

Angioplasty Balloon Trade Name
Jul 28, 2011

S/l doctor is dictating Ar mot ta balloon...my brain is fried.  Any ideas?   ...

Medquist Has Been Certified Under The TAA, Or Trade Act, Program
Oct 22, 2009

Medquist has been certified under the TAA, or Trade Act, Program.  This means that former Medquist employees who lost their jobs can get funds to go to school as well as help paying for their COBRA premiums.  They need to go to their local Workforce center to apply.  Here's the site:  http://www.doleta.gov/tradeact/ ...

I Visited One-Stop And Asked About Trade Act
Nov 03, 2009

I decided to look into the benefits of the Trade Act which apparently includes only some states but which MQ has been qualified for.  I'm not yet unemployed but need to at least feel prepared.  I live in California so was given the name and number of the person in charge in my part of the state.  I also picked the brains of the One-Stop personnel about career changes.  They are a WEALTH of information, including 2 excellent websites:  www.edd.ca.gov www.onlin ...

Is Anyone Aware Of The Trade Adjustment Assistance Act?
Jun 12, 2012

I just found out about this government program.  From what I understand, it helps those who have lost all or part of their hours/income due to outsourcing of their profession, especially us older workers who need to retrain in order to reenter the workforce in another field.   It looks to me like Medical Transcriptionists should fit their description, and we should be eligible for some funding to get some training!   The catch is, in order to file, you have to have at least 3 pe ...

Any TTS Workers Who...
Feb 23, 2013

work on the account that starts with a B and has 6 letters?  Could you please email me your yahoo messenger ID so we can keep in touch in case I have questions as I have seen the efficiency in which "the team" gets back to me.  I would very much appreciate it.  Thanks. ...

Something We Workers-at-home Need To Consider...
Jan 21, 2010

when I started telecommuting full time.It finally penetrated my consciousness a couple of weeks ago that every year, when it came time to renew my auto insurance policy, I used to get a call from a local agent, and we'd go over the policy, making sure there were no changes. One of the questions was always how many miles did I drive to and from work each day, along with the current odometer reading, and the estimated number of miles driven each year.I haven't gotten one of those calls i ...

Weekend Workers?
Feb 13, 2011

How many of the MTs here work on the weekends? ...

Workers Comp
Apr 21, 2011

Anyone know how to write an appeal letter?  I was denied by the judge, even though my doctor said I have wrist and hand tendinitis due to typing for 16 years.  Wow, i'm devastated, not only am I hurting, but financially a wreck.  Anyway, I am writing an appeal to the board and have no money to visit a lawyer, wondering what goes in an appeal letter.  Any help greatly appreciated.  TIA ...

They Want Third Shift Workers, But....
Dec 12, 2011

So sorry for the rant, but I am so tired of companies wanting us all to cover third shift, but don't want to pay anything extra when we do and if they do it's something like a quarter of a penny, what in the world is that?   I know I shouldn't complain, but this shift is HARD to work, especially when you have little ones.  Just a little frustrated tonight, and I know there are people who have it worse than I do, but I don't have anywhere else to vent.  Thanks ...

Any Acusis Workers Happy There?
Jul 02, 2010

I want to go into this job with an open mind, but I just keep reading horror stories. So can anyone give me positives of working there? ...

BP Will Compensate Gulf Workers But
Jun 16, 2010

for our government happily supporting offshoring? ...

Acusis Workers, I Have A Question
Jul 13, 2010

I want to buy a brand new laptop to work on. But I don't want the software to slow down my computer or a bunch of intrusive, bloated software on a new computer. I'm not talking about while I'm working. While I'm working, I know things will be slow. I'm talking about when I'm not working. ...

Question For Spheris MQ Workers
Feb 19, 2011

I recently accepted a job with MQ. I will be working on Spheris accounts/platform. I have read many compliants about DQS, but have not found many comments regarding the Spheris platform.  Spheris workers...are you fairly satisfied with your earnings? Does the VR system do a pretty good job?  Do you think it is a mistake to have accepted this job? I hate to job hop and do not want to start a job if I don't stand a chance at earning a decent living. Also, does anybody know the ...

American Workers Have Changed--And Not For The Better
Nov 08, 2011

I've talked with several MTs recently who work for different companies. The companies have to send out reminders to the MTs that they are supposed to be at work at specific times. They also are having trouble with MTs just taking off without arranging for coverage of their accounts. The list goes on and on. What bothers me most though is the attitude of workers. Work was not easy years ago, but people did it with courage and integrity. You don't see much of that anymore.   &nbs ...

Has Anyone Ever Filed A Workers Comp
Apr 26, 2012

I was just looking through the Human Resources page and can't find anything about WC. Just curious if anyone has filed for it and any clue on who to talk to about it? TIA ...