A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ever filed a Workers Comp? - case for carpal tunnel

Posted: Aug 07, 2012

I have carpal tunnel. Is it possible to file a WC case at MModal for this? Who would I speak to in Human Resources.  Spent a bit of time looking at MQCentral (or whatever it's called) and got dizzy, but couldn't find an answer. TIA

How long have you worked for MM? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked in an Ortho office for a long time and it seemed people were having a hard time getting worker's comp to cover carpal tunnel 100%. With the common use of computers for personal things they are disputing their culpability for it more and more.

Good luck to you.

Similar Messages:

Has Anyone Ever Filed A Workers Comp
Apr 26, 2012

I was just looking through the Human Resources page and can't find anything about WC. Just curious if anyone has filed for it and any clue on who to talk to about it? TIA ...

Has Anyone Here Filed Workers' Comp At MM?
Apr 20, 2015

I would love to hear your experience.  Did they fight it?  Did they let you come back to your same BOB and shift?  Did you have to pay your entire health insurance premium during that time?  Can you collect short-term disability and workers' comp simultaneously?  Any info at all appreciated.   I've been at MM 15 years and now have CTS, RSI, and epicondylitis, not to mention rapid vision loss from staring at the monitor all day, hearing loss from having t ...

Worker's Comp Versus Workers Comp Nm
Mar 03, 2010

nm ...

Anyone Ever Filed A Worker's Comp Case?
Mar 23, 2010

Just curious to those who have been in this profession awhile and have become hurt as a result, have you filed and won or not won?  I have battled pain about eight years now and have hit a wall, can no longer work.  My hands and wrists swell up, I have twitches in all fingers, I drop things, cannot grip or open things, cannot write, wear splints, driving hurts.  Just wondering other's experience with this.  I have about 20 years until retirement so I need to keep working ...

Workers Comp
Apr 21, 2011

Anyone know how to write an appeal letter?  I was denied by the judge, even though my doctor said I have wrist and hand tendinitis due to typing for 16 years.  Wow, i'm devastated, not only am I hurting, but financially a wreck.  Anyway, I am writing an appeal to the board and have no money to visit a lawyer, wondering what goes in an appeal letter.  Any help greatly appreciated.  TIA ...

Workers Comp Transcription
Sep 07, 2012

Does anyone do worker's compensation transcription?  Do you like it?  What are the main things you type?  Thanks. ...

Workers Comp Suit (sm)
Oct 25, 2012

Now that the MTSO are calling us "employees", has anyone considered a workers compensation suit for depression from not being able to make a decent living? Perhaps an overuse syndrome from having to work so many more hours to make line counts? Curious. ...

How Difficult Is It To Get Approved For Workers Comp?
Jul 10, 2013

Has anyone had success with WC claim? If so, can you provide some details so I can compare?  Thanks a bunch. ...

Has Anyone Filed For UE
Mar 19, 2013

Is it just me or is their website kind of a maze? They want to know what my eligibility benefit is, but how can I find that? ...

Has Anyone Ever Filed For
Jun 01, 2013

from doing editing work?   I have been doing this now for about 3 years, and recently after about 2 hours into my work days I have started getting shooting pains in my hands and arms.  I don't think it is CTS because the pains are only when I am actually keyboarding.   (Then again maybe it is psychosomatic because I hate this job so much! )  Thanks.   ...

I Give Up. Has Anyone Filed For UE
Mar 12, 2013

My TSM is RW. Just WONDERING if anyone else in her region has filed? TIA ...

Filed Bankruptcy Today
Feb 18, 2010

Gonna lose the car.  Thank God I work at home, but it still sucks.  ...

To Those Who Have Filed For Partial Unemployment
Nov 01, 2012

I briefly looked over the website for unemployment in my state (Texas) and find it very confusing.  Did you go to an office to do this?  Also what info do I need to have available for filing?  Believe me, I've been job hunting for 2+ years.  I've had a couple of interviews but so far no hire.  I'm almost to the point I would work in housekeeping just to get a steady job!!!!!!  Thanks for any help you can give. ...

Wow, So I Filed For Unemployment......what A Surprise....
Aug 23, 2013

Turns out my weekly benefit is MORE than I was making at MM before I got laid off, at least recently. I'm guessing it's because I made more before and slowly but surely my pay kept going down down down. Apparently the UI benefit is based on an average of what you made all year or something. All I know is that by getting laid off, I am actually going to make much more than I did as of late. Isn't that a hoot. Good riddance M-Modal! ...

Filed A Remedy Complaint About The New Spellcheck
Dec 22, 2014

First tech wanted to go over with me how to actually do it. I told Sanjeep no thanks I already took the tutorial, I know how to do it, I was just filing a complaint that the new spellcheck is time consuming and redundant and costing me money. Why must I hit spell check minimum of 2 times for each report and why must it stop on every mandatory heading with no way to bypass them? Why does it spellcheck the entire report twice when you try to split a job? Why did they decide to use Shift-Alt fo ...

I'm Out Of The MT Market... I Filed For Social Security Today
Nov 02, 2009

I have grown tired of looking for a job, and it just so happens I turn 62 next month, so I'm out of the MT market.  Goodbye to you MTSOs who play games with hard working people trying to put food on the table.  It's gonna catch up with you and as they say, "Jimmy Crack Corn and....."  I pray you MTs who are younger will find jobs or get out of this dying field.  It has really changed in the last 15 years, but radically changed in the last 2.  Goodbye.&nbs ...

Whatever Happened To Lawsuit TransTech Filed Against MT Who Posted Here? Nm
Feb 19, 2011

Nm ...

Has Anyone Filed Bankruptcy And Foreclosure During These Hard Times
Mar 10, 2011

I got caught up in the ARM back in 2004 and 2005 and when it was time for my mortgage to adjust, the rates were higher, and my payment jumped to almost 900.00 dollars a month, and while that may sound low to some, how about at the same time, regular transcription went to VR, and companies started outsourcing, and my transcription pay went from about 45,000 a year to 29,000 to 30,000.  I finally found a stable MT position at a local hospital, at almost 17.00 an hour, and while it is a good s ...

Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Transcend
May 12, 2012

Anyone who works for Transcend now or in the last three years needs to check this out. This is the real deal.  For all of us who haven't made minimum wage or were refused overtime pay, you may be able to get in on this. ...

I Just Received A Notice From Our State Regarding Jobs Available Because I Filed For Unemployment An
Sep 02, 2013

MQ And Worker's Comp
May 19, 2010

Has anyone here had to get Worker's Comp while working for MQ? If so, what is the process? I have looked on MQ Central and can't find anything about it. I'm in severe pain and was told it was a direct result of my job.    TIA ...

Call About Pay Comp...sm
Oct 15, 2014

There apparently will be a call next week going over the new compensation plan. Hopefully there really is one and it explains a lot better than the email. Doubt it will give actual numbers but I will post anything I find out on here in case noone else has a call. hope they can explain better. we'll see. ...

New Comp Plan
Dec 04, 2014

I always considered myself an average transcriptionist.  On my platform I average about 150 LPH and very rarely do I go over 10% to QC and QA is usually in the 99.5% range.  Based on my last weeks information and using their charts, I will be getting about 2+ cpl more than I have in the past year on my straight production.  I guess I may be way luckier than the people posting here.  Maybe I am a better transcriptionist than I thought I was?  I figure if I only have 1 cra ...

CLASS ACTION SUIT FILED AGAINST TRANSCEND!!! BREAKING NEWS!!!
May 11, 2012

Well, it's done folks!  A couple of VERY brave ladies have filed a class action suit for make up to minimum and OT issues against Transcend.  If anyone is interested in getting their own going against some other MTSO's, well, it's time to be heard.  We're not going to take it anymore!  If you would like info on the attorneys who filed this suit, please feel free to email me.  A very proud day indeed! ...

BREAKING NEWS!!! CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT FILED AGAINST TRANSCEND!!!
May 11, 2012

Well, it's done folks!  A couple of VERY brave ladies have filed a class action suit for make up to minimum and OT issues against Transcend.  If anyone is interested in getting their own going against some other MTSO's, well, it's time to be heard.  We're not going to take it anymore!  If you would like info on the attorneys who filed this suit, please feel free to email me.  A very proud day indeed! ...

Anyone Had Successfully Filed A Claim With The Department Of Labor Regarding Unpaid Time?
Oct 03, 2013

I was wondering if anyone had successfully filed a claim with the Department of Labor regarding unpaid time waiting for jobs or being "engaged to wait."  ...

CA MT WORK COMP QUESTION
Aug 17, 2011

Thanks in advance.  Has any California Medquist MT ever had carpal tunnel diagnosis and had the insurance company ask you to give them more information about the "nature" of your injury, as in they want an explanation if I think it is work injury, car accident, or other?  I hate to lie, but it is pretty obvious I have it from typing.  Also, if I said it is from work, they refuse to pay the neurologist who gave diagnosis.  I pay into Worker's Comp in California, it is ded ...

Workmans Comp Insurance Necessary?
Jan 05, 2012

So I am about to take on a second IC job in a few days.   Was just about to sign the contract agreement and as I was reading through it, I noticed that while it didn't expressly say I HAD to purchase workman's comp insurance, it did say that I was responsible for workmans comp. Is this something anyone is familiar with?  Is it really necessary for me to purchase on my own if this is a part-time IC job and the company has a secure server with upload/download capabil ...

Ideas For New Comp Plan
Aug 15, 2012

Since it is obvious the new comp plan isn't done maybe we could give them help and point in the right direction.  I would love to hear what everyone thinks, good or bad.  Would you rather get paid hourly or by the line? How about a shift differential for the weekend? What about extra money per report for those accounts with multiple carbon copies and tedious demographic screens? Some companies consider FT and offer benefits at 32 hours, would that be something anyone would be ...

Just Got A New Comp And Can't Remember The Company ID, Can Anyone Help
Dec 11, 2013

For fluency. I thought it was 112350 but that doesn't work.  TIA ...