A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Late Shift workers- North - sqt

Posted: Sep 01, 2011

I'm thinking of switching to 11 pm-7am CST shift from day shift.  What is the work like at that time of night, is there work or are you consistently running out of work as well.  I don't want to change my whole lifestyle just to be in the same boat I'm in now.

Work not dependable - sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I wouldn't count on getting solid work overnight. It's touch-and-go. If you're a tier 3 and do op notes you will probably have work.

Similar Messages:

They Want Third Shift Workers, But....
Dec 12, 2011

So sorry for the rant, but I am so tired of companies wanting us all to cover third shift, but don't want to pay anything extra when we do and if they do it's something like a quarter of a penny, what in the world is that?   I know I shouldn't complain, but this shift is HARD to work, especially when you have little ones.  Just a little frustrated tonight, and I know there are people who have it worse than I do, but I don't have anywhere else to vent.  Thanks ...

Co-workers Signing Off Shift Early
May 16, 2011

Do any of you have this problem? There are several us on one particularly account. They will either sign off 5-6 hours into their 8 hr shift (saying they've met their minimum quota)or sometimes on weekends just leave work not done til the next day. I have the last shift and have to stay until all docs are finished no matter how late. Therefore, I get "mop up" duty every day. Any helpful suggestions? Oh, by the way, they "cherry pick" the short reports and I get left with the extremely long ...

I Have An Ah-ha Moment. All Night Shift Workers Should Send An
Dec 23, 2010

x ...

NJA Beginning Of Shift..........North NM
Jul 14, 2010

x ...

NJA North Region, Second Shift
Aug 12, 2010

Not even a helper pool for me today. Interesting. Been pretty busy all week, for a change. Here I thought things might be picking back up! Nope. Glad I am at least getting unemployment. ...

Interim QA Gone - North Or West (or North By Northwest) With Apologies To Alfred Hitchcock !
Apr 05, 2011

Ours from the West has (thankfully) gone back to being another MME like the rest of us poor mortals.  I found her e-mails to be bossy, snippy, condescending and picky to the point of absurdity.  The frosting on the cake was the recent e-mail that said MT's are to be held at fault if the doctor makes a mistake on a lab value, med dosage, etc.  Some people get a little taste of power and become unbearable.  I, for one, bid her a joyful farewell because ...

Anyone Who Doesn't Have Work Ask To Move To North, North Is Swamped
Oct 19, 2013

If your bob never has work, ask to move to the north. We even got an e mail from the head of work routing, stating they need everyone to work.  That never happens.  If you need work and are constantly out, ask to move. ...

MModal Still Has Shift Differential For Night Shift?
Jul 01, 2013

can anyone tell me if MModal still has shift differential for night shift? I know they used to ...

How To Transition From Day Shift To Night Shift
Dec 08, 2013

I've been offered an in-house MT position that I am not passing up. It is night shift 10 pm to 6 am. I've never worked a night shift ever. How should I transition into working nights? Anyone have any tips for working this shift? ...

Before It's Too Late
Apr 29, 2010

A note below states company is hounding her about equipment that she returned.  Before this happens to you, TRACK your equipment online and when it's picked up by your company, print it out.  I'm keeping mine for at least a year, maybe forever.  It shows the date, time, exact location, person's name who received it, etc.  There would be no denying that at all. Please protect yourself!  It happens more than you'd like to think. ...

Late Pay
Apr 30, 2013

I need some advice. I am an IC who works for a transcription company and is constantly being paid late. I am currently 4 months behind on pay. My daily emails for pay are not being answered and there is no communication whatsoever at this point. I love the hospital I work for and have stayed with this company a long time because of this. It is very normal for me to be at least a month to 2 months behind on pay at all times, sometimes 3-4 months. As an IC, do I have any recourse? Is there anythin ...

Drug S/l Zi-the-no-zi-late. Does Not Say What It Is Used For.
Jul 22, 2010

x ...

Keystrokes Late Pay
Feb 28, 2011

Really????  3 days late on pay?  How are we supposed to take care of our financial responsiblities now?  It has been my experience in the past that when this happens, the company is usually a goner.  So, Keystrokes, are you a goner?  Do we need to look for other jobs, or will you not tell us and will we be out of work and out of pay and on Welfare? ...

Late Payment
Nov 14, 2013

So, I have worked for this person since 2007.  In the beginning everything was WONDERFUL.  Great to work for, plenty of work, fairly decent wage, etc.  Now for the last couple of years pay has been increasingly late.  I was originally set for pay days on the 1st and the 15th.  A couple of years ago it changed to the 5th and the 20th, which is fine, I can handle that.  that started being late so I said I would change it in my mind to the 10th and the 25th so I wouldn ...

Late In Coming, But,
Mar 03, 2014

apparently I was only employed by Nuance thru last December.  Starting in January I was employed by Transcend.  This is as per the state unemployment benefits office.  They were really interested that my check stubs said Transcend/DBA as Nuance out of Mass., and the W2s only had Transcend out of Melbourne, Florida.  Asked me questions about it, but told them I had never noticed when Transcend was added to the check stubs, which I didn't.  Don't know anything ab ...

Late Or Missing W2s - What To Do
Feb 05, 2015

Here is what you can and SHOULD do if you don't get your W2 by Feb. 16. -  You’ll have to wait a bit: the IRS does not want to hear from you about missing forms until after February 16. After that date, call IRS at 1.800.829.1040. You’ll need to have your address, phone number and Social Security Number available. It’s also helpful to have your dates of employment, an estimate of your earnings and your federal withholding amounts – you can find most of thi ...

Why Are YOU Asking US Why There Is So Much Late Work
May 18, 2015

jeez lady ...

Need To Vent, Late Paychecks
Nov 29, 2009

I just need to vent.  I am an IC who is supposed to get paid every week by my employer.  Her checks were on time at first, then 1 day later, 2 days later, 3 days later, etc.  I went on vacation for 1 week.  During that time frame, she even emailed me to see if I was providing my usual weekend coverage.  She never replies to my IM, e-mail or phone calls.  Her cell does not allow me to leave a message, and now she has a new home phone number that I do not even kn ...

EKG . . . . Late R Wave Transition
Jan 22, 2010

"Baseline EKG shows . . . . late R wave transition?" ...

Late Night MT Amusing Myself
May 10, 2010

I wonder if any other late night MTs find things are sometimes really amusing...I know that it helps me to stay awake sometimes. I just had a medication list, but it seems that this patient got stuck at the beginning of the alphabet.  The patient's seven medications were:  Adderall, albuterol, Advair, Ambien, amantadine, Amaryl and Adalat. Makes me wonder if they going to start on the "B" medications next. lol What do some of the other late night MTs here do to help themselves ...

Call Me Late, But Just Noticed That
Oct 10, 2012

now means "No Jobs Allocated" rather than "No Jobs Available."  They got 'em; we just can't have 'em.  Spending my time on monster.com job hunting. ...

Direct Deposit Late
Dec 28, 2012

Is anyoe else's direct deposit late?  Mine always shows up shortly after midnight, but it is not there.  ...

Late Night Note...
Jan 24, 2013

We seem to have lost our ERs at this large hospital in LA.  Place your best on Epic or India. ...

Any One Else Have Issues With IT Being Late For Install?
Oct 31, 2014

I was supposed to have an appointment with IT for an install at 5:30.  It is now about 10 of 6 and still no call.  Anyone else have a similar experience? ...

Any TTS Workers Who...
Feb 23, 2013

work on the account that starts with a B and has 6 letters?  Could you please email me your yahoo messenger ID so we can keep in touch in case I have questions as I have seen the efficiency in which "the team" gets back to me.  I would very much appreciate it.  Thanks. ...

Acusis Has Been Feast Or Famine As Of Late
Oct 20, 2010

I checked last year and October was really, really busy.  This month has been sporadic at best.  I have 3 accounts and all have been slow. ...

Was Anyone Else's Oracle Paycheck Late? (see Message)
Feb 22, 2011

I received the email last Thursday that all direct deposits would be in accounts first thing Monday and hard checks for new employees would be in Monday's mail.  Well, Monday was a holiday so I figured that was an oversight; however, our mailman did not have my check today, either. It's my first paycheck with Oracle and I do not want to look like I'm whining, but was kind of looking forward to getting that check today.  It wasn't a lot as it was less than 2 wks bu ...

Entire Ks Late Pay Thread Completely Gone.
Nov 20, 2011

I have been a participant of this board for many years. When an enire thread disappears, I realize other boards are more MT friendly.  I will not be back.  ...

Nothing For Christmas From Entrada And Checks Are A Day Late
Jan 03, 2014

Nothing for Christmas, and it looks like our present is being told at the last minute that our checks will be a day late this week.  So much for all of the overtime, working holidays without holiday pay, no sick days, no paid days off...It seems like they could do more for their transcriptionists who keep their company going. ...

Word Help For Future, Too Late For This Report Sm
Nov 20, 2014

He is stating "...otherwise beta blockers will be "coursely" reinstituted.  I understand what he means, but trying to figure out how to put it correctly.  Would it be "course-like" as in a course-like manner, how the medication is to be taken?  Thanks for your input.  As always, it is truly appreciated.  ...