A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MTs making less than McDonald's workers? - fastfingers

Posted: Sep 05, 2013

It's just sad to think that with all of my education and experience (20+ years) as an MT, that someone working at McDonald's or Wal-Mart might actually be making more than me and getting better benefits in the very near future.  We need to rise up, people!! 

Fast fingers - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
Depending on what you are currently paid, somehow I don't see that happening. The fast food workers are requesting to have their salaries doubled plus benefits. If that happens, none of use will be able to afford "fast food" any more and places will close because they won't be able to afford to pay their workers $15-$16 an hour. Another thing, employers will keep their workers at part-time to avoid paying benefits. Those are not meant to be career jobs. Those workers who want to be paid more need to go to school and train for something else that pays better. I can't imagine anyone wanting to flip burgers for the rest of their life, regardless of how well it pays. To put things into perspective, CNAs and other professionals who provide patient care and have responsible jobs would make less than that, think about it. A standardized minimum wage might be beneficial instead of individual states making the rules.

So it sounds like you are one of those lucky - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
MTs that claim to make $20 an hour. It does not happen anywhere anymore at any time.

is absolutely does... - LittleOldMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm one of "those people" that will claim that I make $20 or more an hour. I may not have a ton of work and only work 2 hours or so a day, but I do indeed make around that per hour. It is possible, so don't be so judgmental on those of us who actually have a decent account/dictator/line pay. I'm sure there are those handful of people that make over $30. Is it the norm, absolutely not, but I'm sure they are out there.
Straight typing or VR? That is attainable for VR for the rare and lucky account - easy for straight typing. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
Nm
If you make $20 an hour and work only - two hours a day
[ In Reply To ..]
How on earth do you live on $40 a day?

If I only worked 2-3 hours a day it would be possible for me to make more per hour, but I think that is why. When I work less hours, and also I find if I stop after every report and focus, this means I can consciously raise my line count 50-100 lines per hour and make a lot more.

However, most of us need to work 8 hours a day, if not two jobs, certainly if OT is ever offered we jump at it. Hence, it is a bit harder to focus on that production, and unless you want your day spread out you tend to keep going on the clock even when you have to zip away to go to the bathroom or something. This all brings the line count down.

Saying you make $20 an hour or more but you only work 2 hours a day is comparing apples to oranges for most of us because even if you make only $10 an hour and work 8 hours a day you are making double and somewhat of a living wage, although certainly it would be better to make $20/hr for 8 hours, like the good old days (only 3 years ago really).

Your blanket statement/assumption is incorrect - Average about $20-25 an hour

[ In Reply To ..]
Always remember, just because you aren't doing it doesn't mean no one is doing it.
exactly - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I make $300 a day, working 7.5 to 8 hours. Every day. Five days a week. Of course, now all those who dont will call me a liar but that's okay. I know I'm telling the truth.

To the OP- You've touting the "Pub" ticket - Companies could afford to pay decent wages AND benefits if they were willing for the CEO to make a few million less a year. So the whole close their doors is crap. Companies aren't forcing part time employees to avoid benefits, that's a pub scare tactic.

Companies CAN afford to take care of their workers. But because it's more important to take care of themselves to the tune of many millions a year, they don't. But we all love capitalism, right?
$40 an hour. That is amazing! - Ok, now pull the other one.
[ In Reply To ..]
Calling you out on that one, sorry mate. Unless you care to provide details on such an accomplishment. I am genuinely curious!
Always remember, just because somenoe SAYS they're doing something... - wheres_my_job
[ In Reply To ..]
...it doesn't mean they actually are. Or, they might be in some super-cushy situation that we are not privy to all the details of.

Worked for many companies with VR...those kinds of wages aren't there...because the companies DON'T WANT TO PAY THAT MUCH. It's not "in our hands" anymore. They don't want to pay ANYONE those kinds of wages anymore.
and always remember, if 'sm' up a few posts has not worked - EVERY job for EVERY MTSO, then she
[ In Reply To ..]
does not ACTUALLY KNOW what she is saying is in actuallity factual. Now, I forget - which orifice is it again that speaks asssssumptions and calls it truth?

Kinda like dry humping in public and calling it dancing, isn't it?

Just saying you made a point, yay. Goes both ways. I kinda tend to believe the person who says something and has a paystub to prove it over someone who through statement alone rules itself out as true to fact, not even remotely.

How In The World - Bah
[ In Reply To ..]
How in this world today do you make $25/hour as an MT? Explain that! You do live in the U.S., correct? Do you have bionic fingers as well as a bionic brain?
Great company, hard work, good skills - The basic necessities in this field
[ In Reply To ..]
No trick to it. I've been doing this for 20 years, have excellent skills, have the good fortune to work for a small MTSO that is properly staffed to allow for enough work, and I work throughout my entire shift, no doing laundry, chasing little Johnny or Susie, chit-chatting with friends on the phone, or any other distracting activity.

I go into my office, close my door, log in and start my shift. When my shift is over, I log out, leave my office and shut the door. I work at home just as I did in the office, all business.

There's no trick to it, unless one considers researching and persevering to find a good employee a "trick."
Everything is irrelevant except......... - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
The "good company". Plenty of people have good skills, don't chase "Johnny or Susie" etc., but the company just doesn't have the work capacity (most like over-hiring) to keep them busy a full 8-hour day. I only have 8 years of experience, so not nearly as experienced as you, and I made $35-$40 per hour still. BUT, I only have work for 3 hours per day, at the most, and there are also days where I have no work whatsoever.

People, when you ask for "tips" on how MTs still make those wages, really there are no tips except that MT landed a company that hasn't switched to the "new norm" YET.

Wow! You missed the point of the OP's note! - Thinks4Herself

[ In Reply To ..]
She wasn't saying that the wages at McDonalds needed to double. She was stating that as a trained professional, MTs are often not actually making minimum. This is because MTSOs are having an increasingly difficult time providing steady work. More and more clinics have been peeling off and going to point and click. Other work is sent off to other countries. Many MTs have been forced to leave the field.

And by the way, most MTs DID try to better themselves and did go through programs, only to be left high and dry because of corporate greed. This offshoring of records surely is not for patient care!

Frankly, many working at McDonalds were people who had great jobs before corporations moved the work to China, etc., and if those jobs would come back, unemployment would no doubt drop significantly. What is now being demanded of workers is to retrain, go to over-priced colleges a second time, or accept a low-paying service job because that's where there's work right now.

Besides do you really think McDonalds' workers expect to get $15/hour? They have to aim high in order to have room to negotiate. It's part of the strategy, but paying people what they're currently paid, even in a service job, is immoral.

Missing the point - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
Missing the point on these message boards has been the story of my life lately. Apparently you did not hear or read the news a couple of days ago. Fast food workers in NYC and other large cities walked out demanding that their salaries be increased to $16 an hour. I lost my MT job but found another that pays well, and I am well aware of that point and click and outsourcing has done to our jobs. I made $20 an hour until just recently. You missed the point of my post. I said that fast food workers were the ones who needed to retrain if they wanted better money, not MTs. I agree, those salaries are immoral. However, fast food has always been considered to be a dead end job, no one should expect to make that their career. I could clean houses for a living and probably make more than I do now, but I made the choice not to do that. My experience at most fast food drive-throughs are that the workers are pretty clueless and probably don't deserve to be paid more. Sorry, but that's my observation. Many, but not all of those workers are students working for the summer/holidays anyway. One of our local places has a sign on their reader board: "Hiring adults," I guess you get what you pay for. You may think for yourself but apparently the OP does not as you felt the need to come forward and explain what she meant.

My point is... - fastfingers

[ In Reply To ..]
Even if McDonald's and Wal-Mart do negotiate for a rate somewhere between $10 and $15, I'm not making much more than that, and I went to school and have lots of experience! I realize McDonald's is not a "career" per se (unless you're in management), but people need to realize you have to start SOMEWHERE. We all started in a minimum wage job and worked our way "up." And I also know things are not what they "were" regarding the economy and jobs, but why should we, who went to school, worked our way up and finally landed a job that we thought would pay decently, suffer because others think they "deserve" more? It says a lot about where we are as a country right now (I think)....people are lazy and want something for nothing. I know I'll probably get slammed for that comment, but it's true. There is no work ethic anymore and people don't want to work. They want to do the least amount possible for the most money. It's just sad. This is NOT the country I grew up in. Rant over.....

I am not going - to slam you

[ In Reply To ..]
for your comment. Workers requesting a living wage is an economic issue. The gap is widening. There is no middle class anymore, and this economy was ENGINEERED by corporations--the corporations run our government with their campaign contributions.

Some people think business people and corporations deserve their profit because they took the step to create the business that created the jobs, but if we as the workers don't have money to put back into the economy.... Also, how would they make those profits or even have their business if we weren't there to be a cog in the wheel?

We are participating in our own demise as MTs. We really need to stop work now. We have trained the unhappy Indian MTs and are now obviously just training the speech wreck software.

People don't work in fast food restaurants? - wheres_my_job

[ In Reply To ..]
You work hard in a fast food restaurant - I've done that myself. You WORK. They stand there with a stop watch and TIME YOU (probably this function is computerized now). Also, if things are slow - manager says "punch out" and you have to go home - no wages for time you aren't on the clock. 15 minutes of break when you are on your feet the entire shift.

Raise fast food workers' wages, and raise MTs' wages - hell, raise everyone's wages - cut into those gigantic profits and bonuses of the bigwigs.

Yeah, it is class warfare. The average worker is losing, and the corporate bigwigs sitting a top the gigantic multinational corporation is raking in the bucks.

Ever think there are - no other jobs?

[ In Reply To ..]
Many people who would like to go on to other, better jobs, don't have a lot of choices because there just are not any jobs to go to.

We all know how our salary/benefits have been cut drastically, this has happened everywhere. It now comes down to a choice where you probably make slightly more doing this than working at McDonald's, but at least you get to stay home to work and avoid transportation costs, also you like the work better! Many people don't even have that choice!

The mid level jobs that used to exist have been cut (you ever talk to a human - in this country anyway - in customer service anymore?) or offshored to push the money upwards.

I disagree completely about the work ethic. Of course people want to work, they don't get paid for doing nothing. Why do you think they are working at McDonald's rather than sitting home? McDonald's might be unskilled, but hardly "least amount possible for the money." I imagine you do the MOST amount possible for the money there.

It's not right to blame the bottom of the food chain. We are all alike to the multinational corporations, just line items to be cut, whether you are a McDonald's worker or an MT, so please realize those who want a living wage are not your enemies.

You want to make more than minimum wage fast food workers? Present your idea to the MBAs who run any corporation (including MTSOs) and see them laugh in your face, because you are not worth any more to them.

I am NOT saying that people who work - fastfingers

[ In Reply To ..]
at McDonald's don't work....THEY DO! I'm saying that an educated person, like me or you, who has worked hard to be an MT should be paid more than a worker at McDonald's who can just walk in off the street and be hired without going to school to learn the skills needed to do that job. It's like anything in the "food chain." You need to work your way up (like we ALL have done) to be able to make the kind of money these people are demanding. I used to make $30 an hour transcribing....now I'm making roughly $14-15 and I'm sorry, but my skills are worth more than that (after 20+ years in the business).

I did make a "blanket" statement about people wanting something for nothing. I'm not saying that about McDonald's workers....I was speaking in "general" terms about the way the world has changed. It's now more accepted in today's world to do nothing and "make" a decent living off of the taxpayers. In some states, a person can get $20K to $40K, depending on how many live in the household. Last year I made $15K.

I do have a new job that's paying more, but my point is that I won't be making MUCH more than workers at McDonald's or Wal-Mart. By the way, I love a McD's burger once in a while and I regularly shop at Wal-Mart.
I also need to add... - fastfingers
[ In Reply To ..]
I was a child of welfare back in the 60s. My mother was a single mom to 2 children (my dad left) and I can remember going to get "government cheese" and the people behind the counter literally throwing it at my mom. It was humiliating for her, but she had no choice....my grandparents did what they could to help, but my mom had to try and find work in a bar in order to make ends meet. She's my hero to this day. She's almost 80 now and she's the strongest woman I know.
Percentage of US population with a job in relation to profits - see link
[ In Reply To ..]
No need to get defensive. Your ideas make sense, it is what we grew up with.

However, what doesn't make sense is that there truly ARE a lot less jobs and a lot more profits (see link) and that is why the ones that are there are no longer stepping stones but the only means of survival people have in most cases. That is why the minimum wage should go up because there are no options for most people.

I think there should be a new law which purposely PENALIZES rather than REWARDS companies who offshore jobs (right now they get a tax break, why?)and rewards them if they bring jobs back, also penalizes companies who pay so little their employees need to go on food stamps and welfare - I'm talking about big corporations with huge profits, not little mom and pop operations. And no, they should not get to pay a fine to the govt and that's the end of it, they should be forced to pay the very employees they are ripping off to the extent that they are no longer at the poverty level which allows them to qualify for taxpayer subsidized benefits.

Yep. Burgers are now more important than accurate medical records. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
Nm

"Can I take your order"? pays more than understanding a gastroesphagealjejunostomy??? - Rose

[ In Reply To ..]

Fast food jobs - kabina

[ In Reply To ..]
well, all I can say is if fast food jobs start paying 15 bucks an hour I will be working there. I highly doubt it will come to this, maybe in big cities but it is unreasonable to think about paying fast food workers that kind of wage, with people like us and home care workers, etc. making such a lowly wage anymore.
Give EVERYONE raises...and fix the whole economy! - wheres_my_job
[ In Reply To ..]
let the money for increased wages come at the cost of corporate profit, bonuses and so on. Don't pass it on to the consumer (let me translate: THE WORKERS).

If fast food workers get more $$, I'LL be working there too. Home care workers, daycare workers, etc ALL NEED TO MAKE 15/hour. That means MTs should be making A LOT more than that.

Yes, raise everyone's wages, that's the ticket!
Ok - here! you have a raise!! Juat gave you one. - Now -
[ In Reply To ..]
Go tell it to the right people if you want it to happen. By the way, are you back in transcription wmj? Or just here to stir the pot of not your gold?

WAASS

Is that even a correct spelling? - gastroesophageal jejunostomy

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

In the free market it does. Wages rise, or drop, - just enough to maintain enough

[ In Reply To ..]
people in that line of work.

Pay for this has fallen so low because, although many have left the field, there has still been an adequate supply of well-skilled old bags like me just hanging on until retirement, people who MUST work at home for various reasons, housewife newbies willing to work for pin money, scags who miss welfare but'll work for any pay if it allows them to stay home, and, of course, the inflow of newbies who didn't think to research what they were getting into before they wrote their checks.

When the number of old bags retiring (LOTS of us) plus fed-ups walking (lots but less than should) exceeds the number of people dumb enough to enter the field to replace them, line rates will stop dropping. Whether they'll rise to draw more people in or whether the jobs will just be phased out I don't know.

I'm thinking we're probably about at bottom, though. The economy's improving, the jobs picture isn't quite so desperate as it used to be, and my giant MTSO for some reason doesn't have enough people working on my accounts to keep them in TAT...

To the general public, yes they are. - read em and weep.

[ In Reply To ..]
it's the American way, haven't you seen our obesity rate over other countries? It's comforting in a depressing world, and by golly for a few cnets more...feed your family. More than MTs can say, some of us anyway. And easier than crusading and getting nowhere. Been there, done that, no time left to play agian.

I'll work for food (AND pay). It's to that point on my side of this debate.

I definitely think we should be making more - but I also think they should

[ In Reply To ..]
Be paid a living wage.

Come on, people, it's not a competition down here at the bottom, or it shouldnt' be!! There is a huge amount of money at the top.

When I was growing up, they taught us there would be a lot more leisure when machines took over the work because they could do the jobs much faster. Well, instead what you have seen is less work, but more of us scrambling for it, because all the productivity that comes with computerization and mechanization has gone into profits for the owners/shareholders, and there are less jobs at the bottom and more of us scrambling for them, certainly no leisure time and the hourly rate has not kept up with productivity in any way, shape and form in any profession except Wall Street perhaps!

I don't believe it would kill McDonald's or Walmart to pay a living wage. I also think that if their employees are eligible for food stamps and welfare payments, that is a crime and they should be forced to pay them more. Why are they allowed to make billions in profits and we have to subsidize their workers? It's not the workers' fault. In fact, there may be a fair number of MTs that also are eligible for food stamps, I have not quite reached that yet.

In America, the idea that there is only so much pie to go around does not fly. We value capitalism too much. It's great to think we can just make more pie, but I think what has happened instead is that the greedy owners at the top are taking more and more of that pie and going to drastic lengths to avoid paying taxes, wages, benefits, so we are now all fighting for crumbs at the bottom.

Let's get real, there is more than enough money to pay both a living minimum wage and give us a bump higher for being educated, knowledgeable, talented professionals. Just look at Australia and see that it is possible.

How do we make them give it up though?

Good post, I appreciate your comments - wheres_my_job

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

McDonald's
Apr 01, 2015

their employees raises, up to 9.90/hr, eventually 10.  thats more than i make.  i think i hear a big mac calling my name. ...

Any TTS Workers Who...
Feb 23, 2013

work on the account that starts with a B and has 6 letters?  Could you please email me your yahoo messenger ID so we can keep in touch in case I have questions as I have seen the efficiency in which "the team" gets back to me.  I would very much appreciate it.  Thanks. ...

Something We Workers-at-home Need To Consider...
Jan 21, 2010

when I started telecommuting full time.It finally penetrated my consciousness a couple of weeks ago that every year, when it came time to renew my auto insurance policy, I used to get a call from a local agent, and we'd go over the policy, making sure there were no changes. One of the questions was always how many miles did I drive to and from work each day, along with the current odometer reading, and the estimated number of miles driven each year.I haven't gotten one of those calls i ...

Weekend Workers?
Feb 13, 2011

How many of the MTs here work on the weekends? ...

Workers Comp
Apr 21, 2011

Anyone know how to write an appeal letter?  I was denied by the judge, even though my doctor said I have wrist and hand tendinitis due to typing for 16 years.  Wow, i'm devastated, not only am I hurting, but financially a wreck.  Anyway, I am writing an appeal to the board and have no money to visit a lawyer, wondering what goes in an appeal letter.  Any help greatly appreciated.  TIA ...

They Want Third Shift Workers, But....
Dec 12, 2011

So sorry for the rant, but I am so tired of companies wanting us all to cover third shift, but don't want to pay anything extra when we do and if they do it's something like a quarter of a penny, what in the world is that?   I know I shouldn't complain, but this shift is HARD to work, especially when you have little ones.  Just a little frustrated tonight, and I know there are people who have it worse than I do, but I don't have anywhere else to vent.  Thanks ...

Any Acusis Workers Happy There?
Jul 02, 2010

I want to go into this job with an open mind, but I just keep reading horror stories. So can anyone give me positives of working there? ...

Investigation Of 3 MQ Workers Of The Trade Act?
Mar 13, 2010

Medquist, Inc., Norcross, GA; Notice of Termination of Investigation Mar 12, 2010 (FIND, Inc. via COMTEX) -- Pursuant to Section 223 of the Trade Act of 1974, as amended, an investigation was initiated in response to a petition filed on November 19, 2009, by three workers on behalf of workers of MedQuist, Inc., Norcross, Georgia. The petitioning group of workers is covered by an active certification, (TA-W-72,153) which expires on September 22, 2011. Consequently, further investigation in thi ...

BP Will Compensate Gulf Workers But
Jun 16, 2010

for our government happily supporting offshoring? ...

Acusis Workers, I Have A Question
Jul 13, 2010

I want to buy a brand new laptop to work on. But I don't want the software to slow down my computer or a bunch of intrusive, bloated software on a new computer. I'm not talking about while I'm working. While I'm working, I know things will be slow. I'm talking about when I'm not working. ...

Question For Spheris MQ Workers
Feb 19, 2011

I recently accepted a job with MQ. I will be working on Spheris accounts/platform. I have read many compliants about DQS, but have not found many comments regarding the Spheris platform.  Spheris workers...are you fairly satisfied with your earnings? Does the VR system do a pretty good job?  Do you think it is a mistake to have accepted this job? I hate to job hop and do not want to start a job if I don't stand a chance at earning a decent living. Also, does anybody know the ...

American Workers Have Changed--And Not For The Better
Nov 08, 2011

I've talked with several MTs recently who work for different companies. The companies have to send out reminders to the MTs that they are supposed to be at work at specific times. They also are having trouble with MTs just taking off without arranging for coverage of their accounts. The list goes on and on. What bothers me most though is the attitude of workers. Work was not easy years ago, but people did it with courage and integrity. You don't see much of that anymore.   &nbs ...

Has Anyone Ever Filed A Workers Comp
Apr 26, 2012

I was just looking through the Human Resources page and can't find anything about WC. Just curious if anyone has filed for it and any clue on who to talk to about it? TIA ...

Ever Filed A Workers Comp?
Aug 07, 2012

I have carpal tunnel. Is it possible to file a WC case at MModal for this? Who would I speak to in Human Resources.  Spent a bit of time looking at MQCentral (or whatever it's called) and got dizzy, but couldn't find an answer. TIA ...

Workers Comp Transcription
Sep 07, 2012

Does anyone do worker's compensation transcription?  Do you like it?  What are the main things you type?  Thanks. ...

Workers Comp Suit (sm)
Oct 25, 2012

Now that the MTSO are calling us "employees", has anyone considered a workers compensation suit for depression from not being able to make a decent living? Perhaps an overuse syndrome from having to work so many more hours to make line counts? Curious. ...

Do Offshore Workers Pay US Income Tax?
Nov 20, 2012

How does that work....taking US opportunity and making profit from it, do they share in the TAXX burden? ...

Former Meridian Healthcare Workers... How's It Going?
Feb 23, 2013

Hey all, just wondering if by some miracle that everything is working out okay for you ? I was so sorry for all of you when MedQuist took you over, and was so glad I was able to get out last year before it happened.   Is everyone doing okay ? ...

Any Current Accentus Workers???
May 20, 2013

I will be interviewing soon for a position at Accentus.  I want to get the opinions of any current workers.  Do they run out of work often?  Is the Apex platform anything close to the Escription platform?  Is the STAR team really worth the extra per line or is it too much to take in?  I have seen posts on here from last year, but want to see how they are currently.  Any input is greatly appreciated.  Thanks. ...

Assembly Line Workers
Nov 16, 2013

I was just sitting here thinking about the kind of work that we are all doing and what it boils down to is that we have become assembly line factory workers but instead of assembling widgets, we're assembling medical reports.    ...

Has Anyone Here Filed Workers' Comp At MM?
Apr 20, 2015

I would love to hear your experience.  Did they fight it?  Did they let you come back to your same BOB and shift?  Did you have to pay your entire health insurance premium during that time?  Can you collect short-term disability and workers' comp simultaneously?  Any info at all appreciated.   I've been at MM 15 years and now have CTS, RSI, and epicondylitis, not to mention rapid vision loss from staring at the monitor all day, hearing loss from having t ...

Bankrupt Spheris Wants To Pay Workers In Cash
Mar 13, 2010

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100313/BUSINESS01/3130330/1003/NEWS01   So many workers are taking time off that Spheris Inc., currently in Chapter 11 bankruptcy and waiting to be sold to a rival, is concerned that it won't be able to finish all its medical transcription chores for clients in a timely manner. The Franklin-based company wants U.S. Bankruptcy Court approval to pay its employees in cash for up to 40 hours of accrued and unused leave time so they'll stay ...

New Commercial Regarding Workers' Rights & IC Status
Aug 26, 2010

I live in California and just now my husband called my attention to the TV. Sokolove Law LLC (ambulance chasers, usually one of those "If you or someone you know has taken the drug..." commercials) is advertising for anyone being hired as an independent contractor yet treated as an employee with an expected scheduled, etc., should call them to pursue their legal entitlements. Once the pharmaceutical ambulance chasers get on the subject of IC versus employee, I have a suspicion things are gonna ...

To MTSOs: Pay Your Workers A Wage They Can Live On,
May 12, 2011

"production", and watch quality improve. Or, if still determined to pay on production, then acknowledge overtime worked (you know we do it, you just don't want to acknowledge it, or pay for it), and increase cpl earned beyond 8 hours. Offer higher cpl for years worked for your company. Reward loyalty, and your workers will continue to be loyal. Blow them off, and they'll blow YOU off. Pay MTs more per line for typing horrible-quality voice files. Pay them more for ESL docto ...

Co-workers Signing Off Shift Early
May 16, 2011

Do any of you have this problem? There are several us on one particularly account. They will either sign off 5-6 hours into their 8 hr shift (saying they've met their minimum quota)or sometimes on weekends just leave work not done til the next day. I have the last shift and have to stay until all docs are finished no matter how late. Therefore, I get "mop up" duty every day. Any helpful suggestions? Oh, by the way, they "cherry pick" the short reports and I get left with the extremely long ...

Late Shift Workers- North
Sep 01, 2011

I'm thinking of switching to 11 pm-7am CST shift from day shift.  What is the work like at that time of night, is there work or are you consistently running out of work as well.  I don't want to change my whole lifestyle just to be in the same boat I'm in now. ...

To My Fellow ETrans Co-workers, I Think I Know How The Turkey
Oct 03, 2011

feels at Thanksgiving ...

Medical Transcribers, II, Inc. Former And Current Workers!
Apr 24, 2012

Looking for current information on this company, both positive and negative. Thank you!  ...

Walmart Workers Are Protesting For Low Wages,
Nov 20, 2012

short hours, poor working conditions and proverty wages.  Gee, sounds familiar.  Welcome to Walmart--I mean M*Modal! ...

Employers' Demands Wear Down Workers. Sm
Jun 03, 2013

http://lancasteronline.com/eedition/pages/news/edition/SNAM/20130414/D/1/2464022 This is an interesting read by ALANA SEMUELS, of the McClatchy-Tribune. Here is an excerpt, but please follow the link to the full story.  Sound familiar? "The relentless drive for efficiency at U.S. companies has created a new harshness in the workplace. In their zeal to make sure that not a minute of time is wasted, companies are imposing rigorous performance quotas, forcing many people to put in extra ...