A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Acusis--Have checked archives. Can find no recent info. - Changing

Posted: Jun 29, 2011

Thanks in advance. I am CMT with 16 years experience, currently working for a recently bought-out MTSO. I will probably test with Acusis this weekend. Is 9.25 cpl realistic for Acusis at all? What's the % cut for VR pay? I see they state a 12-hour window. Is 36 hours considered full-time? Are you paid for spaces? VBC? Is PTO decent? Again, thanks so much!

Acusis - AmericanMT

[ In Reply To ..]
No, 0.0925 is not realistic for Acusis....level 4 MT pays 0.085 cpl....plan on taking a 40% cut of that for VR. You are paid for spaces. PTO is very good. Not a bad company to work for...but then again...it depends on who you ask. The platform is "bulky," if you know what I mean...not too MT friendly.

I worked for Acusis for 2 years and it was good at first - but then went downhill

[ In Reply To ..]
Almost all accounts are going to VR, so your pay will go down accordingly. Maybe things have changed with the VR software in the 6 months since I worked there, but I had to do way more editing than should have to be done.

I think 36 hours is full time. You were expected to do 925 lines a day to be considered full time. The good thing is that when you were done with lines, you were done for the day and didn't need to sit there for a whole shift.

I did have NJA at times and was on 2 accounts.

They did too much emailing on stuff though. An email would go out to everyone, then 10 minutes later they would send another once correcting the first. I think the AMs really have the big management breathing down their necks - and I certainly wouldn't want their job!

There's several posts from last few weeks . . - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
try search function again and put 2011 behind the company name, recent posts should come up . . it worked when I tried it that way.

Thanks to you both for your replies! - Changing

[ In Reply To ..]
I will try the search function that way. And good to know that I won't waste my time on the test now until my present company cuts my pay to the point that 8.5 is competitive. :)

ACUSIS - AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE - phalanges

[ In Reply To ..]
I transcribed for DRC before they were gobbled up by Acusis, and I continued to transcribe for Acusis for about 18 months after the acquisition. DRC was a great company. Acusis is punitive, petty, and mean-spirited. They laid-off all part-time MTs in 1/2011 without notice, some MTs were in the middle of transcribing a job! If you can tolerate a platform that requires you to input job/MR numbers by hand (if you make an error you are sent a Letter of Counseling that goes in your file - 3 letters and your out), incessant emails, company-wide posting of MT QA scores, favoratism by awarding "gift cards" for QA scores and posting the receipient's name, NJA, micromanagement by a QA staff that doesn't know their ... from a tea kettle, take the test. One of the reasons you won't see a lot of postings about Acusis is that all MTs received a warning to the effect that if we posted on MTStars or any other website any unfavorable information about Acusis, they would know who it was and that MT would be fired.
Wow. Thanks so much for the info. - Changing
[ In Reply To ..]
I had hopes for them. I guess the question is: Is there ANY good company to work for now? Thanks again for taking the time to enlighten me.
What she said - Jasper
[ In Reply To ..]
and also will add that I think it is hilarious that it got so bad after I left that they warned folks not to post on message boards. DRC will always go down in my work history as the best place to work and Acusis the worst.
I think the no posting is some sort of new group-think - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I know my company has a 'no posting on boards' rule, too, and they're a company that gets only an occasional mention and rarely a bad one. But I agree with your Acusis rating.
worst company out there/stay awa! - lonely
[ In Reply To ..]
DO NOT go there! An awful company with awful leadership and a difficult to learn software program. You can only get tech support by IM from INDIA! Stay away, stay away, stay away! DRC was the best, ACUSIS IS THE WORST
Thank goodness I no longer work for them cause they cannot fire me. Actually, getting fired by them is good -- collect unemployment.

Similar Messages:

TA+ Platform--Look In Archives. Can't Really Find Any Info. Sm.
Dec 19, 2012

If you are working on it now, please let me know what you think. TIA. ...

TransTech - Couldn't Find Recent Info In Archives
Feb 27, 2012

Any info regarding how they are to work for, work availability, & productivity on VR is much appreciated.  Feel free to address anything else that would be helpful!  You're welcome to email me if you prefer not to post.  TIA!!   ...

Checked Archives. Seeking Updated Input On
Jan 20, 2011

Are most people purchasing Instant Text (or ?)  to use in this platform or is BayScribe's expander user-friendly ?   ...

Does Anyone Know Anything About Acusis-nothing Recent In Archives?
Nov 20, 2014

nm ...

Checked FIESA To Find A Report I Did
Dec 14, 2014

a report with poor sound quality and one of the worst dictators I have ever come across in my 15 years as an MT.  She was ESL (of course though they aren't all bad), and she kept changing her mind, talking to other people around here, dictating at the speed of light....you get it.....So, apparently I misheard her say "hemoglobin 7" instead of 11.  As you all know, that is a critical error.  And I guess it IS---However, in the case where the dictator speaks ...

Anyone Know Anything About MedLinks? I Cannot Seem To Find Anything Current In The Archives. Nm
Nov 30, 2011

After Searching The Archives, I Cannot Find Any Recent
Sep 06, 2013

info on companies that use DocQScribe. Does anyone know the companies that use this? ...

Uscribe - Good/Bad - Didn't Find Anything In Archives
Feb 14, 2011

Would appreciate any info. ...

MD-IT Anyone? Info Scarce In Archives
Dec 03, 2009

Any info would be most helpful - platform, QA, etc.  This position requires pay per dictation.  I've seen the archives about the average pay per minute but does anyone have any experience with this company being paid by the minute?  Do they give you all the crap or does it seem it's recorded double time?  LOL - okay, not funny. ...

MD-IT. Can Anyone Give Me Current Info? Can't Get Much In Archives. Sm
Jul 01, 2010

I am considering testing for a position being advertised but would love to have input from those who currently or recently have been employed there.  I would like to know about their platform, can you use your own expanders, is there flexibility of scheduling, if you feel your line rate is better than average, and generally your personal thoughts about the company.  Please feel free to email me privately, I would  love to know a bit more before I invest the time in testing!  ...

Anyone Have Current Info On QualiScript? Nothing In Archives. Thanks! (NM)
Apr 16, 2011

xx ...

Any Current Info On Turnaround Time Transcription? Not Much Recent In Archives.
Jul 08, 2014

xxxxx ...

Anyone Have An Info On Acusis
Feb 04, 2010

I am about to test with them. ...

Info On Acusis
Feb 12, 2010

Can anyone give me any information at all on the company Acusis, good, bad, whatever.  I would appreciate any information I can get. ...

Need Info On Acusis
May 04, 2010

I need info on Acusis. thanks ...

Info On Acusis??
May 21, 2014

Me again....still considering options. Any help re: the good, the bad, and the ugly on Acusis would be appreciated (hoping for GOOD). ...

Any Info On Acusis??
Dec 11, 2014

Anyone work for Acusis or did in the past?? Is it cpl and are the rates decent? What are line requirements and do they do SR? Is setting your own schedule pretty easy to do with them? Thanks! ...

Offered A Position At Acusis, Any Info (recent)...sm
Sep 12, 2013

I searched the archives but didn't really find any relevant info.  Can anyone help me out with some info on them??   ...

Anyone Know Where I Can Find Info
Apr 15, 2014

on general transcription jobs, as in where I can find one?  I need flexible part-time supplement work, and so far have had no luck with medical transcription places that I've tested with.  Thought I could try somewhere along those lines.  TIA ...

Can't Find Any Info On MD-IT? Anyone Work There?
Jan 15, 2010

nm ...

Can't Find Info Re What We Get Paid For... (sm)
Jul 09, 2012

I'm trying to find the info on what exactly we do and don't get paid for (the place where it says we don't get paid for ADT info, QA notes, etc.) and I know I've seen it before, pretty sure it was on the intranet, but I can't find it now that I need it. Can anyone tell me where it is? Thanks in advance. ...

Any New Good/bad Info On Sten-Tel? I Cannot Find Much.
May 08, 2010

This is Sten-Tel out of Springfield, MA.  Is the pay okay? Is there plenty of work?  How are the QA and management?  Any other information would be great too. Thank you. ...

Cannot Seem To Find The Correct Info Regarding ICD-10 Delay
Apr 18, 2012

I last read that ICD-10 change is now delayed until October 2014.  Can anyone confirm this? ...

Couldn't Find Any Info On SCRIBE 4 US
Nov 06, 2012

Couldn't find any info on SCRIBE 4 US.  Anyone have any information? ...

How And Where Do I Get KB Benchmark. Cannot Find Info On MM Central.
Jan 02, 2014

nm ...

Need Info On Transcend Platforms. I Use Bayscribe And Find
Oct 27, 2010

it is not transcription friendly, almost antiquated.  I have considered switching to BeyondTxt, but don't want to do VR after my experience with Medquist.  I know Medquist has a horrible VR program and Transcend's is supposed to be better.  Have any of you used both platforms and can compare Bayscribe to BeyondTxt?  Also, how does your VR production compare to transcription?  I would appreciate any input.  ...

Where Do I Find Info On 15 Minutes Paid Time For NJA?
May 26, 2014

Our group ran out of work today, and it has been a while since that happened, and I don't remember the protocol for getting paid the 15 minutes.    Would someone be kind enough to refer me to where I can read the instructions, or post them?  Thanks for your help. ...

Any Info On Market Pro On Job Board? Unable To Find Anyting. TIA
Dec 08, 2009

nm ...

Has Anyone Tested With M&D Scribing And Heard Back? Cant Find Any Info On Them. Nm
Jan 11, 2010

aaaa ...

Any Current Info On Diskriter? Cannot Seem To Find Anything Past 2008. TIA. Nm
Apr 19, 2011

s ...