A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone have an info on Acusis - RLee

Posted: Feb 04, 2010

I am about to test with them.

RUN from this company AS FAST AS YOU CAN - yochana

[ In Reply To ..]
They nitpick you to death. Heard all the good accounts were transferred to India. USA gets the bad stuff. I left them last June.

Acusis - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
Although I have never work for them, a good friend did let's just say that she, um, didn't even get a kiss.....

Acusis - whoops! - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
Whoops, I meant to say I have never WORKED for them. (Too early on the West Coast and I need my coffee!)

Acusis info - anon

[ In Reply To ..]

I would advise testing with them, you may be a good fit with the company. I work for them and have no issues, but I know there were some issues with other employees across the company in the last year or so who left. They were always an offshoring company with several MT locations  (not just India), but they purchased a smaller US MTSO a few years ago for clients that want US MTs. They give the client their choice on whether they want offshore MTs, US MTs, or a combo of both.  They retained most of the prior accounts after the DRC purchase that want US MTs only. I only know my accounts and like them, so cannot comment on how good or bad other accounts are. Their QA is stringent, as it should be, and I have only ever had 1 issue that was solved quickly with the QA manager. Hope that helps.

Acusis workload - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you run out of work often? Are you on the same accounts as when you were hired? How are the benefits? Thanks for any info. I just do not want to jump from one bad situation into another one and waste my time testing, as they said for the complete test to allot yourself at least 2 hours with no interruptions.

reply - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Bennies - health ins if you want it with paying a portion of the premium, PTO paid in lines (min 3000/week to qualify), no sick/holiday pay. You should be able to find all that out from the recruiter. I'm not familiar with the testing, as I was with the other company before the purchase. Yes, I have my same accounts. They seem fairly organized in trying to keep everyone working with moving to your secondary if your primary runs low. Low work volume seems typical for major holidays and sometimes early Mondays,as there is weekend coverage and many clients are on the West coast, even though company is based in Pittsburgh PA. HR is very accessible and easy to work with for any questions should you become an employee. I don't think any company is perfect out there and don't know your own situation, but maybe? there is a way you could work for your current company and this one to help you decide which is better for you.
Thanks for - RLee
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for your time in answering some of my questions. I realize every company is not a good fit some people and others it is. I have heard both good and bad, so will give the benefit of the doubt, and will test. One thing that has me concerned is you stated most of the accounts were on the westcoast, probably a lot of ESL dictators?
reply - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
There is definitely a share of ESL, but I cannot answer for all accounts. That would probably depend on what account you would be hired for and I have no idea where they are planning on adding MTs. ESLs don't bother me as much (seomtimes) as the quick-talking, mumbling English doctors ! Good luck to you.
Not too many ESL on tier 4 or under accounts - Outofmymindyo
[ In Reply To ..]
I do work for 2 of the accounts that are on the West Coast and I do the 3 pm to 3 am flex shift. It works well for my family.

I get paid on time every time and it's every 2 weeks instead of twice a month. HR is, like the poster before me, very accessible should you need any questions answered. They shipped me the Dictaphone equipment that I have as a "3rd" source of work, although it's just a different system on my primary account, so not really another account.

Work was a bit slow on Thanksgiving and Christmas, but was back up to full speed within 2 days each time, with at least a 1/2 day's work on the day immediately following those holidays.

I really like working for them, so I would at least give them a shot, since you don't have to STAY with them if it's not for you. Everyone that I've talked to or dealt with at Acusis has been really great. Even when I've had to get clarification on some things they've happily let me know why they changed anything they way they did when I have sent reports to QA and needed information on the change they made.

Good luck with your test!
Test - RLee
[ In Reply To ..]
I just finished the test with Acusis. They allotted 2 hours for the test, so I was under the impression there would be more testing than there actually was and knew I was being timed. There were only 3 voice ditations to type, so I submitted the first 2 before I realized I had the total 2 hours to type all 3 of them. I was expecting an objective exam as well - like fill in the blanks, the meanings of prefixes, etc, but there was none of that, just the actual transcribing. Hope I did not get too quick by saving the first 2 reports before I realized there was only one more to type. Oh well, will post any results or feedback I get.
Keep Us Updated - Outofmymindyo
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm always hoping people do well on their employment tests. Let me know if you need any more information and I can try to get that for you if I don't know the answer.

Similar Messages:

Info On Acusis
Feb 12, 2010

Can anyone give me any information at all on the company Acusis, good, bad, whatever.  I would appreciate any information I can get. ...

Need Info On Acusis
May 04, 2010

I need info on Acusis. thanks ...

Info On Acusis??
May 21, 2014

Me again....still considering options. Any help re: the good, the bad, and the ugly on Acusis would be appreciated (hoping for GOOD). ...

Any Info On Acusis??
Dec 11, 2014

Anyone work for Acusis or did in the past?? Is it cpl and are the rates decent? What are line requirements and do they do SR? Is setting your own schedule pretty easy to do with them? Thanks! ...

Offered A Position At Acusis, Any Info (recent)...sm
Sep 12, 2013

I searched the archives but didn't really find any relevant info.  Can anyone help me out with some info on them??   ...

Acusis--Have Checked Archives. Can Find No Recent Info.
Jun 29, 2011

Thanks in advance. I am CMT with 16 years experience, currently working for a recently bought-out MTSO. I will probably test with Acusis this weekend. Is 9.25 cpl realistic for Acusis at all? What's the % cut for VR pay? I see they state a 12-hour window. Is 36 hours considered full-time? Are you paid for spaces? VBC? Is PTO decent? Again, thanks so much! ...

Acusis - Don't Know Anything About Them
Oct 12, 2009

tyvm ...

Any Acusis MT's Out There? In Particular -
Mar 15, 2012

are there any MT's left at Acusis that worked for DRC before Acusis bought it? ...

Acusis - Anyone Know Anything
May 18, 2012

about this company - tested, passed, need to make decision within 24 hours.  I acted on impulse or maybe desperation when I applied.    Really don't know the company.  Can anyone offer  anything please.   TIA ...

Acusis?
Jul 12, 2012

All right, anyone work or have worked for this company in the past..........and have any feedback for me?  I will be testing for them soon and want to know what I'm getting into. They look to be a bit better benefit wise than Softscript that I just interviewed with.  Input appreciated, please.  ...

Want To Know About Acusis
Sep 10, 2013

I have seen some posts where people want to know about Acusis. I will tell you what I know and about my recent experience with them. The Human Resources person, Susanna Sovek,is located in Pennsylvania. My supervisor was located in California. The IT folks are in India and the CMT's are all over the place. You are given 3 weeks of "training" as per the "roadmap". The first week you are paid $180, the second $240 and the third $260 provided that you are meeting the criteria of 99% accu ...

Acusis, Anyone Know Anything About Them..
Mar 25, 2014

I remember applying for a job with this company, but I do not remember the rate of pay or anything else.  Does anyone know anything this company.  Thanks in advance ...

Any Acusis MTs Out There??
Sep 11, 2014

Been there a year, always had loads of work.  The past few weeks have been agonizingly slow.  When I ask supervisor, I get told it's the nature of the beast, feast or famine in the industry.  Something just doesn't seem right to me.  Would appreciate any info.  Thanks.   ...

Anybody Know Anything About Acusis?
May 29, 2015

Good to work for? ...

Acusis ??
Jun 09, 2015

I'm wondering how is it working at Acusis.  Pay scale is "funky" being you get paid less if your work goes to QA, but otherwise seems reasonable.  I searched and the only thing I turn up is stuff that is from 2009, so looking for fresher info.   Thanks in advance ...

Anyone Work For Acusis?
Oct 15, 2009

info much appreciated. ...

Does Acusis Pay For Spaces, Or Only By VBC?
Nov 21, 2009

X ...

Acusis Benefits
Dec 15, 2009

Does anyone know what qualifies an employee to receive benefits at Acusis?  I realize one needs to be a full-time employee, but I'm wondering what this entails.  Do you have to produce so many lines or make so much money per pay period?  Are they decent benes?  Would appreciate any info.   ...

Attn Acusis MT's
Jan 18, 2010

Re  QA: Today is a "do not hyphenate" day. Thus, tomorrow (1/19/10) will be a "hyphenate-everything-you-type" day. ...

Can Anyody Tell Me About Acusis? There Is Not Much
Jan 26, 2010

new in the Archives, if at all.   I would like to know if they do more transcribing or VR, and about platform and software.  Thanks! ...

Attn: Acusis MT's!
Jan 29, 2010

Today is a do-not-hyphenate day.  And be sure to mark your calendars - as tomorrow is a special day!  Not only is it once again a hyphenate-everything-you-type day, it is ALSO a put-as-many-commas-into-every-single-sentence-that-you-can day.  The fun and excitement never stops at Acusis! ...

Acusis Questions
Jun 30, 2010

How much does Acusis pay for clinic accounts? Do they pay for training? And lastly, can you use Windows Vista or Windows 7 with them? Is 64-bit acceptable for each? ...

Acusis Question
Jun 28, 2010

I have read that the software you type in at Acusis is really, really slow. Any truth to that? ...

Any Acusis MTs Worried?
Jun 21, 2010

Has any Acusis employee felt some desperation with Acusis lately?  I know that some accounts are really being monitored by the hospitals and they are not happy right now, but some of the things we are having to do are starting to slow down production. It makes me a little concerned for job security. ...

Former DRC/Acusis Employees
Jul 18, 2010

Last year, there were some changes made at Acusis and a group of MTs left at that time.  I was wondering if any of these MTs found a "new home" they are happy with.  I felt DRC was very good to its MTs and wonder if there are other "jewels" like it was out there. ...

Any News On Acusis?
Aug 08, 2010

Any news on Acusis? I am just wondering if they are worth testing for. ...

Anyone Else At Acusis Starting To Wonder If Their
Aug 17, 2010

Are you working harder and longer, only to see your counts going down? What the h___ is going on with this place? ...

Acusis Is Jerking Everyone Around. }:p
Aug 26, 2010

Who's Bigger, Acusis Or QED? Nm
Sep 20, 2010

nm ...

Anybody Out There Work For Acusis? What Is
Sep 25, 2010

n/m ...