A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Uscribe - Good/Bad - Didn't Find Anything in Archives - smeeps

Posted: Feb 14, 2011

Would appreciate any info.

I stopped reading their ad at 7 cpl and 3 cpl - pay too low

[ In Reply To ..]
Have never heard of the company itself. But the fact that they pay so low really tells me all that I need to know.

I would say bad after seeing their pay range. NM - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Uscribe appears to be a Philippines company - with a USA office

[ In Reply To ..]
From doing a real quick Google search, it looks like Uscribe is a Philippines company with additional offices in Ireland, England and the USA. Unless these are all different companies who just happen to have the same name, didn't have time to look further into that right now.

I think the problem is that the US hospitals and physicians are starting to insist on having USA transcriptionists. I personally know of quite a few hospitals and medical centers who have tried offshore MTs, but were so digusted with the quality they were getting that now they are starting to come back on-shore.

So, it would seem that these offshore companies are opening up USA branch offices, so they can advertise "all USA." And then they try to hire USA MTs for the same slave wages that they are paying their offshore MTs.

Personally, any MT in the USA who would accept a job at 7 and 3 cents a line is nuts. You can't pay your mortgage and utilities or keep food on the table for wages like that. That may be considered good wages over in the Philippines or India, but it's almost poverty level wages here in the USA.

For those wondering what it is like off-shore - Get those resumes ready

[ In Reply To ..]

Unless the United States company has severed ties with its parent company, UScribe is also in the Philippines, Ireland, and the United Kingdom.

The United States MTs are paid 7 and 3. 

Here is what the Philippines MTs are given:

Hours: 8 am to 5 pm - Tuesday to Saturday with 1 hour lunch break & 30 minutes of breaks

Holidays: 10 Regular Days plus 3 Special Days (or pay in lieu in line with labor code)

Service Leave: 5 days after 7 months service.  Additional days in senior grades

Medical Insurance: Family healthcare plan after 1 year service

Employee Association: Company funded social and entertainment fund

Employee Referral Program: 1000 peso per new employee referred

Remuneration: Formal pay scheme with basic pay and substantial performance incentives.

Advancement:
Regular opportunities for advancement to senior positions based purely on merit

FYI:  1,000 Philippine Peso = 22.97577 US Dollar   

Similar Messages:

Good Or Bad To Say About Uscribe?
Nov 29, 2013

Anyone have anything good or bad to say about Uscribe? ...

Anyone Know Anything About MedLinks? I Cannot Seem To Find Anything Current In The Archives. Nm
Nov 30, 2011

TA+ Platform--Look In Archives. Can't Really Find Any Info. Sm.
Dec 19, 2012

If you are working on it now, please let me know what you think. TIA. ...

After Searching The Archives, I Cannot Find Any Recent
Sep 06, 2013

info on companies that use DocQScribe. Does anyone know the companies that use this? ...

Acusis--Have Checked Archives. Can Find No Recent Info.
Jun 29, 2011

Thanks in advance. I am CMT with 16 years experience, currently working for a recently bought-out MTSO. I will probably test with Acusis this weekend. Is 9.25 cpl realistic for Acusis at all? What's the % cut for VR pay? I see they state a 12-hour window. Is 36 hours considered full-time? Are you paid for spaces? VBC? Is PTO decent? Again, thanks so much! ...

TransTech - Couldn't Find Recent Info In Archives
Feb 27, 2012

Any info regarding how they are to work for, work availability, & productivity on VR is much appreciated.  Feel free to address anything else that would be helpful!  You're welcome to email me if you prefer not to post.  TIA!!   ...

Ciprodex HC? I Didn't Find That In My Book...written Correctly??
Oct 01, 2010

Thanks. ...

GOOD MT's Hard To Find
Jun 14, 2010

WOW, are there any really good MT's out there?  I have tried soooo many MT's.  Several say they are going to work and I make arrangements for my IT people to set them up and they are not available, do not let me know they have changed their mind, do not e-mail me change in plans.  One even had disconnected cell phone a day later.  UNBELIEVEABLE.  These are all people who look fantastic on paper.  I have learned you cannot even trust resumes.  One girl ...

Where To Find Good Jobs?
Jan 13, 2012

I know it's the question of the day but where do you find a good transcription job?  I have about 13 years experience and I'm good at what I do.  Are there actually good companies to apply to?  ...

ANYBODY FROM MDI FIND A GOOD HOME?
Jul 10, 2012

Been to several that claimed to be comprable but were not.  E-mail me if you are willing to share names & details, or if you started your own show and need help.  Or even if you just need a shoulder....life ain't what it used to be..... ...

Any New Good/bad Info On Sten-Tel? I Cannot Find Much.
May 08, 2010

This is Sten-Tel out of Springfield, MA.  Is the pay okay? Is there plenty of work?  How are the QA and management?  Any other information would be great too. Thank you. ...

Allegiant Transcription - Find Very Good Comments
Apr 19, 2010

I have researched this company and find very good comments in the archives, but would like something really recent just to be sure.  Can anyone who works for them now give me an idea of the ins and outs, good or bad?  TIA!  ...

Headsets - Find A Good Pair That has, Of Course, A Clear Sound
Nov 20, 2010

I am taking a Medical Transcription Editing course on line, and will soon get into the MT Transcription section.  I've been looking at different ads for various types of headphones.  I'm looking to find a good pair that has, of course, a clear sound as well as outside noise cancellation capabilities.  I'd love to hear about what people think, and what they have had experience with.  Thank you! ...

Uscribe Anyone?
Nov 28, 2012

nm ...

Uscribe USA
Mar 19, 2015

Am I wrong, or was there an ad on the job wanted board earlier this week by this company?  Was it removed for some reason, or am I dreaminig?  Thanks.  ...

Uscribe-Ustickit
Feb 14, 2011

This iis insulting - 7 and 3 cents per line.  Uscribe can keep looking. ...

Uscribe USA Anyone Work Here?
Feb 21, 2011

Does anyone here work for (or previously worked for) Uscribe USA?  I don't know anything about them and want a real life experience from anyone who has worked with them.  ...

Does Anyone Have Any Info On Uscribe?
Mar 24, 2011

Does anyone have any info on Uscribe? They called me out of the blue and wanted to test me. I looked in the archives, but the info there is very limited. ...

Uscribe - Any Feedback?
May 04, 2011

I checked out the board and would like to hear from someone who works for Uscribe.    Are you IC and do they let you work more than your schedule?  Havey you been paid on time?  Thanks for any input. ...

Uscribe Phillipines
Aug 29, 2011

Can anyone tell me about the police investigation into Uscribe in the Phillipines?Letters from Ireland got into inappropriate hands.What went wrong? ...

Anyone Had Any Experience With UScribe?
Sep 11, 2012

Anyone had any experience with uScribe?  Good or bad?  Got an offer to work for them. ...

Anyone Has Worked For Uscribe And Get Some Feedback
Jun 01, 2011

Just wanted to see if anyone has worked for Uscribe and get some feedback, what I saw was mixed, thinking of applying, but not sure about this company since I've never heard of them and if they are new, offshore presence, etc. I just want to have plenty of work and be left alone to do my work and make a living and cannot seem to find a company that will offer enough work to make a living wage.  Is that asking the impossible these days in this industry, wondering if I should be a greeter ...

Any Current Info On Uscribe?
May 24, 2012

I'd like to reply to their ad but never heard of them.  I checked the archives - anyone with current info on them?  I actually live in Sebring - never knew they were here.  ...

Wondering About Information On Uscribe
Jun 20, 2012

Wondering about information on Uscribe.  They type for doctors in the UK, apparently?  Anyone work for them or heard anything about them that would like to give some info?  Thanks! ...

Has Anyone Gotten A Response Or Hiring From Uscribe?
Jul 18, 2012

Keep seeing their ads.  Sent them resume but never heard back.  Just wondering if anyone has. ...

Anyone With Current Info On Uscribe? Sm
Jan 06, 2015

They're located where I live and I could use a part-time job to supplement my current one especially with the new pay plan. From what I found in the archives, doesn't sound very good. ...

Anyone Currently Working For Uscribe On This Ireland/UK Account?
May 18, 2011

Anyone currently working for Uscribe on this Ireland/UK account?  I am and for 8 cpl these people are dreaming and they don't give you your line count until the end of the pay period so you have no idea how much money you are making on a daily basis.  They are nice people, and the operations manager is one of the nicest ones I've come across.  Was at Fast Chart and many talk about over staffed! And they could care less if you run out of work they just ignore your e-mails. I am ge ...

InScribe And UScribe..3cpl And Dragon (Nuance) For Increased Productivity?
Jul 13, 2012

These are the jobs we have to choose from with low pay and then this Dragon program is Nuance Dragon.  Isn't this VR which is again Nuance taking over everywhere?  Google Nuance and they say the Dragon program which is from India, and most hospitals now are going to this program and we get 3 cents.  Good sales pitches. ...

I Can't Find The AHIMI Salary Survey. Anyone Know Where I Can Find This?
Dec 20, 2011

TIA ...

Archives
Oct 14, 2009

I was looking on this board for the archives. I used to be able to type in a word that I was looking for and the archives would come up showing me if anyone had discussed this before. Am I just missing something or has this been removed. Thanks ...