Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: GMR.. (Views: 31)

Statements - Observations

Posted: May 9th, 2023 - 10:34 am In Reply to: Place statements under your job sections that might - include such things as

If you are trying to keep your resume down to one page, you probably don't need to include things like computer proficiency or knowledge of English grammar. If you are using a computer to prepare a resume and write a cover letter, chances are that those skills are apparent. You could list the applications that you are proficient in and drop the other verbiage. It sounds as if you are rephrasing someone's job description. In my area, being bilingual in English and Spanish is more marketable than English alone, and most job listings these days will specify that Spanish is preferred. As a transcriptionist for so many years, my people skills are basically nada, and I would not pursue anything in reception, but that is just me. Potential employers are pretty good at seeing through BS, so try and be as original and spontaneous as possible. I also wouldn't list an objective, I think that's kind of old school now. If you're applying for a job, your objective should be obvious. Save something to discuss on the interview.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)