Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Not really - Observations

Posted: May 9th, 2023 - 4:43 pm In Reply to: Not really, some people have resumes prepared - by professionals

I recently interviewed for a full time position in medical records. I'm retired and it's more than I want, but the resume process is much different now. First, when someone submits a resume through a company website, it pulls keywords, mostly related to a person's skill set, so chances are they won't even see your objective statement. They don't want to know if you willing to learn new apps, they want people who can hit the ground running. Communication with coworkers and staff should be a given, not something that needs to be pinpointed in an application. I know those were just examples, but it could also be interpreted as filler for lack of qualifications. 9 out of 10 applicants will possess the same attributes. You need to find a way to make yourself stand out in the crowd. The initial interview questions were canned text because they now have to ask everyone the same questions. I read that HR takes about 6 seconds to review a resume these days, so yes I would say they are pretty good at spotting someone who is trying to pad their job qualifications and skills.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)