Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Do your employees a favor - Been There

Posted: Dec 5th, 2019 - 9:13 pm In Reply to: Is that not - obvious? sm

I’m curious, why do MTs whose departments are outsourced think they have to accept the deal being offered by the vendor? I think the handwriting has been on the wall for quite a while that MT as a profession is on its last legs but people keep on going back for more. My department went through this in 2011. It was a group of about 15, and no one continued working in MT. My employer may have been different, but they helped us with job placement within the organization, or offered severance packages to those who chose to resign. If there are other options, I would encourage people to pursue other avenues. There is job skills training and federal programs to assist misplaced workers. Check with HR where you currently work to see if you can do an internal transfer; even if it means taking a pay cut initially, you can keep your benefits and seniority. If nothing else, collect UE for a while - you are eligible following a layoff - and take time to consider what you want to do next, it will require thinking outside the box. I had been an MT for over 30 years and this happened to me when I was in my late 50s. Even if this weren’t Keystrokes my advice would be the same. I’m sorry for anyone who has to go through this, please don’t do something you will regret later.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)