Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Aquity.. (Views: 52)

Unemployment. - sm

Posted: Dec 6th, 2019 - 9:40 am In Reply to: Do your employees a favor - Been There

Unemployment wasn't an option in 2006 when the hospital outsourced because the company taking over was offering you a job so it voided the unemployment route.

I wish I had stuck around but in 2006, I had five of my own accounts that I was doing on the side and was making really good money. I already had benefits through my spouse. I came home and raised my kids instead of paying for daycare. I made a lot of money just doing those side accounts; no middleman.

Times sure have changed though. I get it. Looking back, I'm glad I was here for the kids, but if I was single or my kids were older, I would have transferred internally even if that meant to the kitchen or environmental services. I would have done anything to keep that seniority. However, I made the cut through two other major layoffs, so I figured I would be laid off anyway with a third round coming back in 2006. Back then, they were making EKG techs learn phlebotomy. They were laying people off left and right in middle management. There were people roaming the halls of the hospital crying their eyes out because they were laid off.

Some only want to do MT, and that's okay. I would in this instance take the job at Keystrokes, but also apply other places and look outside the home for other jobs because there is no way Keystrokes is going to match the pay or benefits these MTs are currently receiving in a hospital setting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)