Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Kerplunk.. it's over. sm.. (Views: 44)

Thanks for sharing - Been There

Posted: Dec 6th, 2019 - 6:26 pm In Reply to: Unemployment. - sm

When my department was outsourced, we knew for several months that it was coming. The facility converted to an EMR, and prior to that they were outsourcing a portion of the work and not hiring new MT staff. Management scheduled meetings with us to help people prepare, I think it was the first time they ever completely closed a department; even one of the vendors we were using lost an account when they went with a different company. The signs were there, anyway. The local community college dropped their MT program and we were having trouble finding qualified people. I was self supporting and knew I would never make the money I was making, and across the board all the MTs who transferred to other departments were asked to take pay cuts because we were all paid very well, which is one of the things that probably led to our demise, they couldn’t afford us any longer. If things had been different, I would have loved to continue working in MT. I worked my way back up the pay scale and I’m really grateful to have been given another opportunity. People need to know that they have other options in a lay-off. I understand that the new company taking on the employees is a way to avoid paying unemployment, but in some states if the new job pays less, you don’t have to accept it or at the very least can get partial unemployment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)