Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 31)

There is no stopwatch per se. sm - Anon

Posted: Feb 9th, 2016 - 10:40 am In Reply to: Question about TTS Stopwatch - needtoknow

I worked there almost 4 years. Here's how I was told it works. When you are not moving your fingers on the keyboard or your foot on the pedal, the platform stops recording your "system time." When I was asked how long before it stops counting, I was told 2, 3, or 4 minutes by different supervisors, so your guess is as good as mine about which it is. So, if you stop to research something and it takes you, say under 2 minutes, your system time is still being recorded. Now, my shift was 9 hours, and they wanted us to get in as close to 8 hours system time as we could. I usually did between 7-1/2 and 8 hours system time and told that was good. When I took a break (I usually took 1) and a mealtime (longer than a break), I logged off the system, so no system time was recorded. That's what the extra hour is for and for when you went over that 2,3, or 4 minute stretch of time. The rationale behind this is, even though you are paid per line, they still require you to put in as close to an 8 hour day as possible as you are an employee. The ACA also requires employers now to keep careful track of hours worked and who is full time and who is part time, as part of whether the employer is bound by the law requiring them to offer health insurance. I never heard it called a stopwatch, but what it really is is a sort of time clock. As far as IC goes, that's a different story; and I'm not sure how that applies here. I don't think TTS has the best reputation for the way it treats ICs anyway. And last but not least, I'm not a suit or management of any type, I just asked them how it works and got a good explanation, except for the 2, 3, 4 minute time duration thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)