A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Whats the scoop, are we back to apostrophes? - The BOS gives me a headaches

Posted: Mar 16, 2011

I always think the docs must go nuts when they dictate Alzheimer's or Crohn's or Behcet's and see Alzheimer or Crohn or Behcet.  Sometimes I think all of ADHI's rules and regs are just arbitrary.... Are we back to apostrophes now, according to those powers that be?  And who, by the way, ever gave them those powers, anyway??

BOS.......... pish - Sucker Racket

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

apostrophes - sweetgirlsmom

[ In Reply To ..]
The BOS states "the AMA Manual of Style and other industry resources have acknowledged this trend away from the possessive form."

"Drop the possessive form for eponyms" followed by a noun. Alzheimer disease.

"When the noun following the eponym is omitted, the possessive form is preferred" Alzheimer's.

Similar Messages:

Apostrophes
May 13, 2011

Which is correct...Louis' father or Louis's father   ...

Possessive Apostrophes
May 19, 2010

I have a practicum student who is fighting me on this ->"diabetes management"...she is sure that you put an apostrophe on diabetes' (<-like this)...what is your opinion ...

MONITORS: Using Apostrophes In The Nickname Line Blocks My Posts With
Jan 02, 2010

Also, how can I tell when I've run out of space to post in the subject or nickname fields? My posts get cut off a lot.   Just FYI, your message above is misspelled as "Swith" to Plain Text instead of "switch." :) ...

Whats Next
May 17, 2010

I started a new extremely hard account March 1.  One month later, I was audited. I don't think its fair that I should be expected 98% on a new horrible account I was still learning as of a month?  Considering we used to even get paid well hourly for the first few months learning/adjusting to new accounts? Now its been 1 1/2 months, I'm being audited this very minute.  I didn't combine ileal with another word and I get a critical major error to minimal imp ...

Scoop On TTS
Oct 31, 2014

Just wondering if anyone working for TTS has pros or cons on the company.  I see they are looking for MTs all the time.  Reason?   ...

Whats Up With Google Lately?
Sep 28, 2010

Is is just me (virus, perhaps?), or has anyone else noted a sudden change in the way Google searches for things lately? In the past week or so, when I type in something to look up with Google, I keep getting "redirected" to another search page.  Worse, it's usually a page that doesn't have clear search options.  I had this happen just now when I Googled the name of a hospital so I could go to its homepage, pull up "Find a Physician", and verify the spelling of a physician&# ...

Whats Up With FastChart
Jul 13, 2011

Whats up with FastChart...Do they make the AAMT rules?  Has anyone experience with this company? ...

Here's The Legal Scoop
Mar 04, 2010

Good news and bad news.  I just got off the phone with Mr. Young.  He specializes in cases like mine, but only from an unemployment point-of-view, not class-action suits.  He also charges $3500 to take on an individual unemployment case (sheesh might as well take my first-born).  I briefly rehashed with him the fact that uf we don't comply with their new rules, they will drop our salaries by half or more, and that this has been an ongoing problem with them for years, cha ...

Any Scoop On ATSI???
Jul 11, 2010

Hey all, Has anyone worked for ATSI out of Clearwater, Florida?  Just wonder how they found the company to work with.  I'd love to hear some feed back.  Thanks! Crazy Mom of 6 ...

Anyone Have Any Scoop On Archivus
Jul 16, 2010

I have an offer with Archivus.  Can anyone tell me anything about this company?  Are they decent to work for?  Is the account that is on ExText truly 70% ASR and 30% straight typing?  Thanks in advance ...

Any Scoop On Teletrak?
May 05, 2011

Any scoop on Teletrak?  Pay on time, plenty of work, flexible schedules?  Any input you have would be greatly appreciated!  ...

S/l Glammory Scoop
Oct 23, 2012

s/l glammory scoop ...

Atheron - What's The Scoop?
Jun 16, 2015

Anybody work for Atheron??  I can't find anything on them - good or bad.  They certainly put you through a hiring/recruitment process - psych testing, audio testing, 1st interview, now onto my 2nd interview today.  Is all this worth it?? ...

Whats A Fair Price
Jan 20, 2010

Hi all, Quick question. I live in washington state and I just graduated from my MT course and had a doc call me to let me know that he wanted me to do transcription for him and my question is what is a fair price to be charging, all I ever hear is what is unfair. Thanks, Dude Mom ...

Whats The Word On NOWtranscription?
Jun 27, 2011

Anybody currently work there willing to share what its like there?  I looked through all of June and didn't find anything on this company, and its kind of hard to search the archives due to their name.  But their ad sounds promising, so I sent a resume.  Any info good or bad on them would be helpful.  Thanks! ...

Does Anyone Know Whats Going On With Silent Type
Feb 23, 2012

Does anyone know whats going on? ...

Whats Going To Be Next A Web Cam To Watch Us At Our Desk
Apr 10, 2015

this is a sweatshop.  The way they are monitoring means they expect our hands on our keyboard for the entire 8 hours.  Hate this company!!!! Have a couple leads on a new job.  Can't wait to be out of here.  And they will get NO NOTICE from me since I was never given any notice to all the horrible changes they made for me. ...

Interviewing With Softscript.....what's The SCOOP!
Oct 19, 2009

Interviewing with Softscript.....what's the SCOOP!  TIA! ...

WordZXpressed - Any Scoop On This Company?
Jul 11, 2011

Any scoop on this company? ...

Medwrite -- The Final Scoop
May 30, 2013

This is an except of an email that I received from the CEO of the company today.  This was after I sent an email last week and things were "misconstrued" on their part.  After reading this, I am of the opinion that while yes, they offer straight transcription at a "decent rate" by today's standards, it also explains to me why I was tearing my hair out on the dictators I had.  We American MTs were getting the "garbage," with no way of being able to look things up by patient.&n ...

Whats The Word On US Career Institute??
May 24, 2010

I know someone who wants to train as an MT- Thats been decided already. What's the best place to do it in?? ...

Whats The Difference In Fulltime And Parttime
Jan 05, 2011

Can someone please tell me the difference in full time and part time.   I see mostly listings for full time and wonder how it differs from what I am currently doing as far as production. I currently work part time at a minimum of 500 lines a day as an IC.  I am wondering if I go full time what I can look forward to as far as work load.   Does it just vary from company to company? ...

Whats Up With The Ispswitch Mail Thingy
Feb 14, 2013

Not that I believe my TSM has sent a message or anything, but it would be nice to be able to check... ...

What Is The Scoop For DTS (digital Transcription Services)
Feb 09, 2011

What is the scoop for DTS?  Are they good to work for?  Anyone currently working for them. ...

What's The Scoop On Acusis? They Sure Don't Pay Worth A Hoot. Sm
Apr 25, 2013

Passed their test and was excited until I see they only pay 5-6.5 cents/line. Anybody here work for that? They also have Acusis India. ...

Whats The Deal With Keystrokes Lately? Lots Of Ads Posted Like
Feb 08, 2013

Never use to see that many ads for them now they have one every single week. Are they that busy? Lots of new accounts or what? ...

Does Anyone Ever Hear Back Anymore From Jobs Posted? In The Past I Always Heard Back Even If I Was N
Dec 10, 2012

Back To Work After Back Surgery
Aug 23, 2012

Hello, I would like to transcribe from home again. However, I HAVE to get up and walk for a few minutes at least once an hour. You see, I had to have 2 back surgeries in the last 18 months. I've been a transcriptionist for many years and this is my profession. Does anyone have a suggestion what to tell these companies that will hire you to work from home when you have to get up so much? The last company I tried had a "pop-up" box that appeared on my screen if you were up longer than 10 min ...

Dang It - DQS Back Up But My Job Did Not Come Back To Me.
Mar 31, 2011

. ...

I'm Back...I'm Back In The Saddle Again!!!!
Jul 02, 2014

Back to being an MT, and yes, I am excited about that. ...