A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

whats the word on US career institute?? - Me

Posted: May 24, 2010

I know someone who wants to train as an MT- Thats been decided already. What's the best place to do it in??

The word is - Old MTSO

[ In Reply To ..]
You need the best education you can get. It is imperative that your program uses the SUM program. Do not even consider a program that does not use SUM. I would not recommend US Career Institute. My choices would be either Andrews or M-TEC. Contact each one and see which one you feel would best meet your needs. Call some of the companies that you think you would like to work for and ask their HR Department if they hire grads from whatever school you are seriously considering. Above all, remember--"cheap" is never a solution when it comes to MT education. You can "cheap out" and waste your money on a flimsy education and I can guarandarntee that any decent company will not even give you an interview, much less an actual job. The matchbooks are a waste of both time and money. Also energy! Select a school that will really and truly train you, not one that also trains floral arrangers, private detectives, vet assistants, computer techs, amusement park barkers, etc. You get the idea. Go with someone who really knows the MT world and has a proven track record. Although I am far from being a fan of AHDI, you might ask them what they think of a prospective school as well. They can be useful in providing an informed opinion. Good luck--and choose wisely!

choose wisely follow up - geckobuddy

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree - choose wisely.

However, I would not exclude a particular school based on one persons opinion. Clearly "me's" posting above is meant to slight this school by association. He says "I would not recommend. . ." but then insinuates the statements below are in fact truth about that school

A brief phone call to U.S. Career (number right off the website http://www.uscareerinstitute.com/index.asp ) proves "me's" answer to be both false and misleading since according to the school themselves they do NOT offer the courses listed above. They also indicate that their MT course is written to AHDI standards.

I say it's worth a call to ANY school that offers the program so you can make sure you are not excluding the school that best meets your need.

One size does not fit all - check out multiple accredited schools like U.S. Career Institute.

Similar Messages:

U.S. Career Institute
May 09, 2010

Hmmmm...Interesting, was reading about Andrews School and M-Tech.  I looked them up online and they DO seem to be THE schools to go to.  Seems as though Career Step is in 3rd or so?  How would anyone place U.S. Career Institute?  I'm sure this another matchbox school, but do you think it's one that employers run from? Just curious, thanks if you can help.  And Happy Mother's Day to all those great mom's out there, hope you had a great day! :) ...

USA Career Institute
Feb 15, 2014

Hi, I'm about to sign up for MT school.  I am leaning toward USA Career Institute.  Has anyone else graduated from that school?  I am very limited on what I can spend.  Their cost seems to fall in the middle of the prices I have seen online.  Not the cheapest, not the most expensive. Thanks!! ...

Has Anyone Graduated From U.S. Career Institute?
Jul 10, 2010

I'm currently studying MT at this school at home and I love it but from reading some posts, it looks as tho jobs are hard to find?  Is this true? ...

Career Step Or TRS Institute?
Oct 15, 2010

I am trying to decide which school to go with.  I have read good and bad about both Career Step and TRS - does anyone have any additional considerations for me before I make my decision? Thanks! ...

Does Anyone Know If U.S. Career Institute Is An Actual Acredited MT School?
Jan 04, 2012

I have completed a course in medical transcriptioning in a school thats called U.S. Career Institute and was woundering if I just got hoaxed or if it was a real school. If anybody knows I would appraciate it having difficulties finding a job. ...

Whats The Word On NOWtranscription?
Jun 27, 2011

Anybody currently work there willing to share what its like there?  I looked through all of June and didn't find anything on this company, and its kind of hard to search the archives due to their name.  But their ad sounds promising, so I sent a resume.  Any info good or bad on them would be helpful.  Thanks! ...

TRS Institute (TRSI)
Apr 30, 2011

Does anyone know anything about the TRS Institute (TRSI)?  They supposedly hire their graduates.  Did anyone graduate and then get hired to work for them?  Any information you have would be appreciated.   ...

99.6%. The Only Shocker Is They Didnt Institute
Jun 03, 2013

Since I can't maintain 99.6%, the only thing for me to do is speed, speed, speed and make as much $$ as possible til they fire me. ...

Whats Next
May 17, 2010

I started a new extremely hard account March 1.  One month later, I was audited. I don't think its fair that I should be expected 98% on a new horrible account I was still learning as of a month?  Considering we used to even get paid well hourly for the first few months learning/adjusting to new accounts? Now its been 1 1/2 months, I'm being audited this very minute.  I didn't combine ileal with another word and I get a critical major error to minimal imp ...

Whats Up With Google Lately?
Sep 28, 2010

Is is just me (virus, perhaps?), or has anyone else noted a sudden change in the way Google searches for things lately? In the past week or so, when I type in something to look up with Google, I keep getting "redirected" to another search page.  Worse, it's usually a page that doesn't have clear search options.  I had this happen just now when I Googled the name of a hospital so I could go to its homepage, pull up "Find a Physician", and verify the spelling of a physician&# ...

Whats Up With FastChart
Jul 13, 2011

Whats up with FastChart...Do they make the AAMT rules?  Has anyone experience with this company? ...

Whats A Fair Price
Jan 20, 2010

Hi all, Quick question. I live in washington state and I just graduated from my MT course and had a doc call me to let me know that he wanted me to do transcription for him and my question is what is a fair price to be charging, all I ever hear is what is unfair. Thanks, Dude Mom ...

Does Anyone Know Whats Going On With Silent Type
Feb 23, 2012

Does anyone know whats going on? ...

Whats Going To Be Next A Web Cam To Watch Us At Our Desk
Apr 10, 2015

this is a sweatshop.  The way they are monitoring means they expect our hands on our keyboard for the entire 8 hours.  Hate this company!!!! Have a couple leads on a new job.  Can't wait to be out of here.  And they will get NO NOTICE from me since I was never given any notice to all the horrible changes they made for me. ...

Whats The Difference In Fulltime And Parttime
Jan 05, 2011

Can someone please tell me the difference in full time and part time.   I see mostly listings for full time and wonder how it differs from what I am currently doing as far as production. I currently work part time at a minimum of 500 lines a day as an IC.  I am wondering if I go full time what I can look forward to as far as work load.   Does it just vary from company to company? ...

Whats The Scoop, Are We Back To Apostrophes?
Mar 16, 2011

I always think the docs must go nuts when they dictate Alzheimer's or Crohn's or Behcet's and see Alzheimer or Crohn or Behcet.  Sometimes I think all of ADHI's rules and regs are just arbitrary.... Are we back to apostrophes now, according to those powers that be?  And who, by the way, ever gave them those powers, anyway?? ...

Whats Up With The Ispswitch Mail Thingy
Feb 14, 2013

Not that I believe my TSM has sent a message or anything, but it would be nice to be able to check... ...

Whats The Deal With Keystrokes Lately? Lots Of Ads Posted Like
Feb 08, 2013

Never use to see that many ads for them now they have one every single week. Are they that busy? Lots of new accounts or what? ...

Career Step - Problems Passing Career Step MT Testing
Mar 05, 2012

Anyone have problems passing Career Step MT testing.   ...

MT Career
Jul 21, 2010

Just doing a little survey here:  Do you think the medical transcriptionist is becoming more and more obsolete?  I have been in the field for a long time and have already lost a couple of jobs due to technology or work being contracted out.  It seems to be the one job I was always able to find as there was also a need, especially if you're experienced.  Nowadays, we're talking VR, editors, etc. etc. and the pay is not getting any better.  Personally, I have alw ...

My MT Career Is Done.
Jun 30, 2011

I am just a little fish in a big pond, very rarely posted here, but loved to read the posts!  I felt though I had to post tonight as I am very sad. For the last 15 years, I was an MT, but tonight was my last shift and typed my last report - a discharge summary. Same thing I started on all those years ago.  My account is going VR on July 1, and I was told my wage would go from 9 cents a line to 4 cents.  No matter how they crouch it in rah-rah terms (increased produc ...

Career Help
Jul 13, 2012

I am a 47-year-old woman with a BS degree in management who has always wanted to work in the medical field. I began a training program for transcription but have since learned that field isn't promising at this point. I am analytical and have worked in accounting-type positions for many years, and I think I would enjoy coding. From the perspective of someone with experience in the coding field, would you recommend coding as a career or would you suggest possibly RHIA? I would appreciate ...

Almost On To New Career! Bye MT (soon)
Oct 08, 2012

I am about 90% done with my preemployment process at a county position in a neighboring town.  It will not be too soon for me start as we got word today that we lost one of the biggest contracts they had and they wont be getting a new one until February. So let me tell you just how thankful I am that I am not going to have to deal with these issues of MT anymore.  I will be moving on to an employer where I am fully vested at 8 years!  I am 40, so essentially I could retire then! & ...

Considering MT Career... Should I Do It?
Oct 12, 2012

Hi everyone, this is my first post.  I am a military wife, so I'm hoping to start a career where I can work from home.  For now I would only want to work part-time since I have a young child at home, but it would be nice to have the option to work full-time someday.  I've been thinking about becoming a MT for a while now, but lately I've been discouraged because it looks like the job growth has slowed considerably in recent years.  I'm looking into the Car ...

New Career.
Apr 02, 2013

How many of you are pursuing a new career. I can't live on the money I make from MT, and I don't know if I can do this until I retire. I have been studying gemology, trying to get into estate jewelry. ...

New MT Looking For New Career!!! HELP!
Apr 08, 2013

Well, I wish I would have looked at this forum before going to MT school.  I tried working for two different MT companies.  First one I hated the platform/pay and the second one I really liked the account and platform but my work wasn't "clean enough" and they let me go after two weeks. I think I got canned because I questioned some QA redlines and was told I was wrong (no, no comma.  Yes, you put a comma.  That's hypenated.  No, not hypenated.)  I even ha ...

Career Map
Aug 03, 2013

Here is a link to a very cool career map on AHIMA website.  You click on one career in entry, mid, advanced or master level and it will connect you to all the paths you can go.  It also shows emerging areas. Just what we have all been talking about mapped out! http://www.hicareers.com/CareerMap/    ...

Second Career
Nov 06, 2013

I was just wondering if anyone had found another work-from-home career to go to after leaving the MT "world?" The way this industry is going, I'm just tired of it all and would like to find something else I can do from home and make good $$ at itI I have started on something of a new career but it will take some time to get up, get going and start making $$ at it.  I am designing cat "trees" or furniture that is more attractive and way more easy to clean than what is on the market out ...

Any Ideas Of Another Career In Which I Can...
Apr 15, 2010

put all of this wonderful medical terminology to good use?  Don't want to be a nurse.  I hate needles and blood.  I am a very empathetic and compassionate person.  I really don't want to deal with the public/customers. ...

Anyone Know About Career Step?
May 12, 2010

wonder if anyone here, or if anyone knows of anyone who utilized Career Step for either their MT program or their coding program ...