A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Atheron - What's the scoop? - wondering

Posted: Jun 16, 2015

Anybody work for Atheron??  I can't find anything on them - good or bad.  They certainly put you through a hiring/recruitment process - psych testing, audio testing, 1st interview, now onto my 2nd interview today.  Is all this worth it??

I checked them out online in the recent past... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I was turned off from applying when I saw that they pay via PayPal. Being paid weekly would be real nice, but having to pay PayPal's fee each time I was paid made me say no thanks.

[ In Reply To ..]
Good to know. Thanks!!

RE:Athreon - MT52

[ In Reply To ..]
From what I remember, there were a lot of "hoops" to jump through. One that stands out is that you had to apply or get proof of a home business license from your local municipality. After all of that and doing their testing, they offered me the position only to rescind it two hours later when I told them I had vacation planned later in the month.

Hold on... psych testing? - say what

[ In Reply To ..]
as in past psychiatric history, medications, etc?

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, psych testing. It's an online psych evaluation. It took about an hour to do if I remember right. They had questions like "If someone punched you in the face would you, A. Punch them back. B. Sit and plan you revenge attack. C. Tell your supervisor." LoL. Joking but the questions were in that type of fashion. Testing to see what your personality is like.

I did think it was really odd too that I was asked if considered for the job that I get a business name, DBA, and Tax Id number. There are a lot of hoops, more than I have EVER had to go through for an MT job. I've been in this business working at home since 2002.

Yeah, all kinds of warning bells going off - with that one

[ In Reply To ..]
That is really sort of creepy. Getting your own license to work, getting paid by PayPal, getting a personality profile, that just does not add up. Something very weird going on there, I'd stay away if I were you.
Just tested yesterday - antigeekess
[ In Reply To ..]
Yeah, that stupid personality profile stuff was incredibly long and pretty dumb, considering a lot of it focused on workplace violence and it's for a telecommuting job. Still no idea what they pay. I also finished testing for M*Modal this morning. Wowza. That French surgeon. Sacre bleu!

walmart asks you those same questions..nm - office girl

[ In Reply To ..]
x
[ In Reply To ..]
Well, I turned down the job, just finished my 2nd interview. Burning questions...was it worth it?? For a part-time position, NO. VR pay is low - 3 cents/line. If you were to work full-time on one of their straight accounts, then YES. Tier payscale - 6000+ lines a week typed is 10 cents a line. I was looking for part-time work and at my current position I get paid 4 cents/line. Pennies DO MATTER. LoL. Thanks for all your input.
They may use VBC definition of typed line - Jill M
[ In Reply To ..]
VBC for Virtual (or Visual) Black Characters, that is, not including spaces.
Athreon - GSD
[ In Reply To ..]
No pay for spaces. Paypal takes a percentage, business license. You will not make over 200 a week. Awful. Pay scale is 1-2000 0.7, 2001-4000 0.8, 4001-6000 0.9, 6001- 10.
$200 a week - Long-Time MT_NY
[ In Reply To ..]
Are you saying there isn't enough work to make $200 a week or that paypal fees will be so high that you don't make that. Paypal feels are 2.9% and did you ask if the company pays the fee? I know there are a few companies that pay by Paypal and pay the fee.

Psych testing-everyone uses it - Long Time MT-NY

[ In Reply To ..]
Almost all big companies (especially retail) use this type of testing. It is a way to check out the kind of person you are, they ask the same question a multitude of ways to see if you are lying and would embezzle or harm someone. Some big names that use it are Home Depot and Lowes but there are many more.
Yes - But
[ In Reply To ..]
all of these places are "customer service" oriented, where you see people on a face-to-face basis daily. This job is where that never happens. We are isolated and these types of questions seem to be irrelevant to the job.

Similar Messages:

Scoop On TTS
Oct 31, 2014

Just wondering if anyone working for TTS has pros or cons on the company.  I see they are looking for MTs all the time.  Reason?   ...

Here's The Legal Scoop
Mar 04, 2010

Good news and bad news.  I just got off the phone with Mr. Young.  He specializes in cases like mine, but only from an unemployment point-of-view, not class-action suits.  He also charges $3500 to take on an individual unemployment case (sheesh might as well take my first-born).  I briefly rehashed with him the fact that uf we don't comply with their new rules, they will drop our salaries by half or more, and that this has been an ongoing problem with them for years, cha ...

Any Scoop On ATSI???
Jul 11, 2010

Hey all, Has anyone worked for ATSI out of Clearwater, Florida?  Just wonder how they found the company to work with.  I'd love to hear some feed back.  Thanks! Crazy Mom of 6 ...

Anyone Have Any Scoop On Archivus
Jul 16, 2010

I have an offer with Archivus.  Can anyone tell me anything about this company?  Are they decent to work for?  Is the account that is on ExText truly 70% ASR and 30% straight typing?  Thanks in advance ...

Any Scoop On Teletrak?
May 05, 2011

Any scoop on Teletrak?  Pay on time, plenty of work, flexible schedules?  Any input you have would be greatly appreciated!  ...

S/l Glammory Scoop
Oct 23, 2012

s/l glammory scoop ...

Interviewing With Softscript.....what's The SCOOP!
Oct 19, 2009

Interviewing with Softscript.....what's the SCOOP!  TIA! ...

WordZXpressed - Any Scoop On This Company?
Jul 11, 2011

Any scoop on this company? ...

Medwrite -- The Final Scoop
May 30, 2013

This is an except of an email that I received from the CEO of the company today.  This was after I sent an email last week and things were "misconstrued" on their part.  After reading this, I am of the opinion that while yes, they offer straight transcription at a "decent rate" by today's standards, it also explains to me why I was tearing my hair out on the dictators I had.  We American MTs were getting the "garbage," with no way of being able to look things up by patient.&n ...

What Is The Scoop For DTS (digital Transcription Services)
Feb 09, 2011

What is the scoop for DTS?  Are they good to work for?  Anyone currently working for them. ...

Whats The Scoop, Are We Back To Apostrophes?
Mar 16, 2011

I always think the docs must go nuts when they dictate Alzheimer's or Crohn's or Behcet's and see Alzheimer or Crohn or Behcet.  Sometimes I think all of ADHI's rules and regs are just arbitrary.... Are we back to apostrophes now, according to those powers that be?  And who, by the way, ever gave them those powers, anyway?? ...

What's The Scoop On Acusis? They Sure Don't Pay Worth A Hoot. Sm
Apr 25, 2013

Passed their test and was excited until I see they only pay 5-6.5 cents/line. Anybody here work for that? They also have Acusis India. ...