A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Whats the deal with Keystrokes lately? Lots of Ads posted like - Every single week. Curious

Posted: Feb 08, 2013

Never use to see that many ads for them now they have one every single week. Are they that busy? Lots of new accounts or what?

It's because no one wants to work for them anymore - SM - Former KS

[ In Reply To ..]
There have been lots and lots of changes there over the past year, none of them good. Pay cuts, new ridiculous rules, micromanagement, overstaffed accounts, and a HUGE amount of nepotism. So many people have left, even people who worked there for years. That's the reason why they have all these ads running lately. They can't keep anyone. I left myself back in late August/early September.

people fed up, mmmmaybe? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
My experience was not pleasant. Only way to survive was to play the game or leave. I graduate HS thank you very much!

Lots of new accounts. I just got moved to one of the new ones. - Long-Time Keystrokes MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, there have been changes but I still like my job. Better the two giants in a very, very big way.

Of course, positive posts always get slammed, so I am sure that I will get blasted now.

I have noticed their long-term employees leaving in packs - wonderingtoo

[ In Reply To ..]
I have noticed that a lot of their old.cheerleaders have even left. I wonder if people are tired of the family business being ALL family. If you have issues with one - you have issues with all, including the CEO!! You are pretty much done at that point! They make it so.miserable you have to leave for.your sanity OR they put you out.of your misery by letting you go by finding LITTLE things or made-up things to write you up for. This used to be a great profession. It's a shame it has turned into what it is!

So true - Tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]
One of my good friends use to be a big KS cheerleader and even helped me get hired there a few years ago, but even she finally got fed up and left last year and I ended up leaving a few months after her. What did it for me was getting the biggest lecture of my life for being 2 minutes over 40 hours one week on that ridiculous time clock. They way I was talked to by CS was downright rude, condescending, and unprofessional. You would have thought I had 20 hours of OT by the way she talked to me! My personal opinion is that Keystrokes isn't going to be around a whole lot longer with the way things have been going there. It's quite sad. They had a really good thing going back in the day, but the company is so mismanaged and disorganized that all of the things that used to be so great about KS have been totally ruined and probably will never be the same again.
What changed? I have been considering going back but want to know what has changed. sm - Thank you
[ In Reply To ..]
Is it people or the way things are done?

I keep reading that it is a lot of family and friends, but it used to be that way too. I know about the timeclock, but have worked for other services that do that too, and I think most will have them soon if they don't already.

What else has changed?

The only reason I left a few years back was that I needed health insurance when my husband was out of work, and theirs was too expensive. Now I have insurance through his new job and don't need any.

Thank you in advance to help me make an informed decision. Anything has to be better than where I am, but I don't want to make a mistake.
Why don't you reach back out to your previous supervisor? - Rachel
[ In Reply To ..]
Perhaps you can get a better feel from that contact instead of asking only people here who have issues. If you look through all the posts on every company, no one has nice things to say about ANY of them. This board is comprised of only a few busybodies who remain anonymous and could be living a happy life but choose to spew venom. Life is about choices, people. Get on with it.
More than a few. - Even old timers have had it.
[ In Reply To ..]
So many old timers have hung in there because of promises things will get better. 5++ years for me and I wanted to believe the hype. Instead of being a leader in the industry and a company everyone wants or wanted to work for, it is quite the opposite. The lack of honesty, the lack of respect, the lack of work, benefits and cuts in pay...the list goes on. By all means if you know anyone other than your old lead, seek them out for an honest opinion of what has happened and what is going on now. If you know anyone that has left seek them out for their opinion as well.

The ones that are making money and being left alone have no complaints, it is a different story on the other side of the coin.

Same situation with me - Been there, done that
[ In Reply To ..]
I was one of the long time KS employees who left. I was there for 7 years. I kept hanging in there thinking that maybe things would get better and tried to remain optimistic. I also didn't want to have to start all over with a new company, but in reality, that's what I needed to do and I should have done it much sooner than I did and save myself the aggravation and headaches. The old Keystrokes was the best, but those days, unfortunately, are long gone and will never return. Too much damage has been done, in my opinion, for it to ever be the same again.
What is the differente between then and now? Also considering going back. nm - Ex-KS
[ In Reply To ..]
The company I am with pays 7.7 cpl but there is no work. I left KS on good terms and really enjoyed it there. I left to go work at the hospital that I had been previously when they contacted me and gave me a good hourly rate. That lasted 2 years, but they outsourced the department last October. I have been miserable ever since.

I always kept to myself, so I don't know anyone to contact. My lead, who I absolutely loved, became the KS recruiter, and I read last year that she died. I don't think she was even 40 years old.

Anyways, what is different? If you can give me some specifics, I can evaluate it. I know about the pay cuts, but I am not making anything now. I don't need insurance. The vague answers don't help me. Reading this board has confused me more than anything. I just want to know what the aggravation and headaches are. Why was the old Keystrokes so much better to you?
Stay put. Maybe try going back part-time to see if - you really want to work there..sm
[ In Reply To ..]
if things go good for you part-time then consider going full time either that or at least try to contact some of the people that you know who have worked there or still work there and get their input. Dont give up the job you have right now until you know for sure you want to go back there full time.
So true - Midwest MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Oh boy, do I know that time clock. I also know why that time clock is so darn important to them. Someone, somewhere along the line turned them in for requiring more than 40 hours (since all production was counted only by line at the time) and not paying overtime. Now, you have to punch in and out on the stupid time clock so they do not have that problem again. I am an EX-KS myself since last year after having been there for eight years. I also know how it is to be beaten into the ground by CS. I did excellent work for them and anywhere else would have been considered a star employee. Not there though....the micromanaging from CS just finally became way too much for me and I had to leave in order to keep my sanity, let alone self-esteem and pride. As with a lot of people here, I have over 20 years' experience. I take pride in my work and will do whatever it takes to get the job done. That is why when I finally had enough and made the decision to leave, I was able to get the first position I applied for, and it is not with a national company!!! I do agree that the "old Keystrokes" was a wonderful place to work but for me, it just kept going downhill for the past six years until it just bottomed out....:(

Similar Messages:

Keystrokes - What Is The Deal With This Company
Jun 22, 2011

What is the deal with this company.  They put an ad out like they are desperate for help and don't even respond either way? Is it a joke or for real?   ...

Whats Next
May 17, 2010

I started a new extremely hard account March 1.  One month later, I was audited. I don't think its fair that I should be expected 98% on a new horrible account I was still learning as of a month?  Considering we used to even get paid well hourly for the first few months learning/adjusting to new accounts? Now its been 1 1/2 months, I'm being audited this very minute.  I didn't combine ileal with another word and I get a critical major error to minimal imp ...

Whats Up With Google Lately?
Sep 28, 2010

Is is just me (virus, perhaps?), or has anyone else noted a sudden change in the way Google searches for things lately? In the past week or so, when I type in something to look up with Google, I keep getting "redirected" to another search page.  Worse, it's usually a page that doesn't have clear search options.  I had this happen just now when I Googled the name of a hospital so I could go to its homepage, pull up "Find a Physician", and verify the spelling of a physician&# ...

Whats Up With FastChart
Jul 13, 2011

Whats up with FastChart...Do they make the AAMT rules?  Has anyone experience with this company? ...

Whats A Fair Price
Jan 20, 2010

Hi all, Quick question. I live in washington state and I just graduated from my MT course and had a doc call me to let me know that he wanted me to do transcription for him and my question is what is a fair price to be charging, all I ever hear is what is unfair. Thanks, Dude Mom ...

Whats The Word On NOWtranscription?
Jun 27, 2011

Anybody currently work there willing to share what its like there?  I looked through all of June and didn't find anything on this company, and its kind of hard to search the archives due to their name.  But their ad sounds promising, so I sent a resume.  Any info good or bad on them would be helpful.  Thanks! ...

Does Anyone Know Whats Going On With Silent Type
Feb 23, 2012

Does anyone know whats going on? ...

Whats Going To Be Next A Web Cam To Watch Us At Our Desk
Apr 10, 2015

this is a sweatshop.  The way they are monitoring means they expect our hands on our keyboard for the entire 8 hours.  Hate this company!!!! Have a couple leads on a new job.  Can't wait to be out of here.  And they will get NO NOTICE from me since I was never given any notice to all the horrible changes they made for me. ...

Whats The Word On US Career Institute??
May 24, 2010

I know someone who wants to train as an MT- Thats been decided already. What's the best place to do it in?? ...

Whats The Difference In Fulltime And Parttime
Jan 05, 2011

Can someone please tell me the difference in full time and part time.   I see mostly listings for full time and wonder how it differs from what I am currently doing as far as production. I currently work part time at a minimum of 500 lines a day as an IC.  I am wondering if I go full time what I can look forward to as far as work load.   Does it just vary from company to company? ...

Whats The Scoop, Are We Back To Apostrophes?
Mar 16, 2011

I always think the docs must go nuts when they dictate Alzheimer's or Crohn's or Behcet's and see Alzheimer or Crohn or Behcet.  Sometimes I think all of ADHI's rules and regs are just arbitrary.... Are we back to apostrophes now, according to those powers that be?  And who, by the way, ever gave them those powers, anyway?? ...

Whats Up With The Ispswitch Mail Thingy
Feb 14, 2013

Not that I believe my TSM has sent a message or anything, but it would be nice to be able to check... ...

Lots Of Questions Please TIA (sm)
Oct 09, 2010

OK - I'm a straight typing transcriptionist who wants to explore VR - seems most people hate it - I'd like to try it and see.  My company doesn't offer it. Are there any companies what have editing on Bayscribe currently? What is the best VR platform to work on and which is the worst?  (Don't know the difference in any of them) Have heard of Speechmagic for Bayscribe (but who has it?) eScription and Exeditor at Transtech (? where else) and how's that? and ...

Lots Of Questions
Jan 03, 2011

O.K. I have checked out the 3 schools that were recommended. Two of them require 45 wpm I am not that fast yet. How important is this? Approximately how much money can you earn in an 8 hr day doing office notes? When a company test you are they looking for a 45 wpm or better to hire you? Thank you grannieof1 ...

Anyone Else At Acusis Got Lots Of NJA This Week?
Jun 29, 2010

A job dribbles in here,  a couple hours later a job dribbles in there.  [Sigh!]   A person can only file their nails for just so long ------ !! ...

Accentus US Doing Lots Of Hiring?
Mar 06, 2012

I have noticed Accentus has been hiring pretty consistently, it seems, since maybe November.  Anyone know what's up?  MTs jumping ship or new accounts on the way?  Just wondering, since they were bought out a year or so ago.  I have been thinking of applying with them for a while but don't want to walk into the middle of a messy transition. Thanks in advance! ...

What Companies Have Lots Of Op Notes? Sm
Sep 08, 2012

Really enjoy transcribing Ops, but Ops have dribbled to few and far between and mostly brief reports on my accounts.  Whatever happened to all the detailed op notes I used to get.  Bored to tears with H&P, DS, and consults. TIA. ...

Wow, What Happened? Lots Of Work
Mar 17, 2013

All of sudden there's lots of work.  Seems to be no end to it.  It just keeps flowing and flowing.  I hope it stays this way.  I wonder what happened. ...

Lots Of Time Spent On ADT
Apr 29, 2014

I spend enormous amounts of time doing clervical work for free at the beginning of a report..looking up doctor names that are not on the lists we have been given, figuring out which is the date of admit, consult, etc.  If everything was programmed in and we just had to download a report and transcribe, we would be making a lot more and if the speech recognition would stop putting words down that the doctors are not saying so that we do not have to clean it all up we would have more time to ...

H&P Neurology Report, Lots Of Help Needed
Aug 06, 2010

I have been on this report for 2 days now. I have managed to figure most of it out but I am really lost on one paragraph. After she dictates all the information under Physical Examination she goes into another paragraph describing more of the patient's symptoms. Is there supposed to be heading before that paragraph? Also, below is a few sentences from that paragraph that I just cant make out. Any help would be great. Thanks again. Tone is normal no clog whealing. Degenerative reflexes ar ...

Laminotomy Op Report - Lots Of Questions
Dec 13, 2010

1. Under procedure, doctor dictates BMP collagen was used.  It is ok to abbreviate BMP or does it need to be expanded? 2. She was transferred to the prone position ______ (s/l an aquired) frame? 3. We carefully exposed the subcutaneous tissue and we _______ (s/l sub crossed) the dissection off the level _______ (s/l synchreala) and the transfer processes of the L5, we exposed the spine. I know this is probably a mess. =(  I am new at transcribing and really new at Op reports.&n ...

Question For Transcenders: Lots Of Work?
Oct 22, 2011

I have an interview with Transcend on Monday and have read conflicting stories on this board about whether or not Transcend MTs run out of work.  Some you are saying you never run out; some say they hardly ever run out, and some say running out of work is a problem for them.  What's the story on this?  Also, how is the health insurance?  Thanks for any info you have!  ...

Lots Of Straight Typing This Week
May 03, 2012

very rare that I get 100 straight typing lines a day, let alone 400 anybody else? ...

She Uses Lots Of Tampons - Claudiolise Issue?
Sep 26, 2012

She uses lots of tampons and this is definitely a "claudiolise ssue"  ?? ...

Wow, Lots Of Work 2 Weeks In A Row, Betcha
May 15, 2014

Mmodal is sorry they got rid of all those dreadfully horrible, worthless, and incompetent MTs who could not score 99.6% on an audit.  The 20 or so who could are undoubtedly overwhelmed.  Serves them right! ...

Get Ready For Lots More Stress Now At Synernet
Mar 19, 2015

as they ramp up for summer. Having people off means we have to work harder and more OT because we've just been having such an easy time of it. Warnings and threatenings. All they know. Turn around times not being met? It's because we're so lazy. Hiring all the time? Still not enough staff; never enough staff. Cheery picking; never addressed. Rotten VR; never addressed. Never knowing what work, which doctors, or work types your're going to be doing anymore; never addressed. Co ...

$15.00 An Hour....lots Of People Picketing....
Apr 15, 2015

I am glad to see that some kind of movement is finally happing regarding a decent minimum wage. But something else I'd like to say is that I read somewhere (not here, but on the Huffington Post or somewhere) that Chelsea Clinton said she "does not care about money." Then the article went on to say that she and her husband Mark just bought an apartment in New York City around Gramercy Park for 10.5 MILLION DOLLARS. Nice to not have to be able to care about money. We'd just l ...

On Job Searching, Seeing Lots Of Positions For MT/scribe, In House. Might Be Something
Apr 20, 2013

x ...

Lots Of Doctors Slurping On Christmas Candy
Dec 18, 2013

Have you noticed more doctors are chewing and slurping while dictating lately?  It just dawned on me today, probably some non-MT employees are treating the doctors to Christmas candy at their dictation stations.   I used to see that a lot when I worked in hospitals.  Ugh! ...

Transcend U Of Tx Dallas, Tough Account? Lots Of Work?
Dec 08, 2009

Don't want to bite off more than I can chew ...