A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Question about Nuance policy on qualified (template) lines - BBMT

Posted: Dec 03, 2014

I was originally with one of the ambulatory groups that came through the back door of Nuance.  Our old ways of doing things have slowly been phased out since Nuance acquired us.  Currently I get 8.5 cpl for standard lines and 1 cpl for qualified (template) lines.  I haven't gotten the email about the video yet, but I've been reading on here about the new 7 cpl rate. What about template lines? Does Nuance pay for template lines? Thanks... 

didn't say...sm - confused

[ In Reply To ..]
Never said. I assume they would pay you your usual rate for those. Ask during a call.

templates - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't have many providers with templates, maybe 2 or 3 a week, but I get paid the same, whether I type them or insert them.

Just assuming/guessing - but IMO... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
There is a "platform differential" and the ambulatory group ("Clinic 360") loses 5% of their lines due to this platform differential (multiply total lines by 0.95). I am guessing this is how they're handling the QT lines. If I'm right, this will actually (amazingly) work out well and cause more lines to be paid at the full rate. However, I could be wrong (and knowing Nuance likely am), and the QT lines could be paid under the "edited" line multiplier which is half of however many there were, but then they're paid at the full line rate (which still works out to more than 1 cpl currently being paid).

I hope this makes sense. I plan to ask about this at the Q&A session in a couple days.

Hopefully... - BBMT

[ In Reply To ..]
... they'll be paying us full rate for all lines. I worked the numbers on my last paycheck using the platform differential you mentioned and then multiplied by 7 cpl and it's a couple dollars more, not much, but more is more, lol. If they pay anything less than the full 7 cpl for QT lines, that will suck. My phone meetings take place tomorrow and/or Friday, but I haven't gotten the email about the video yet, so just waiting on that.

Similar Messages:

Told Nuance Was Overcharging For Lines, Now Lines Drastically Reduced
May 02, 2012

My main account was a good one, and the lines were very good, mostly ER work. I have been on this account for over a year and a half now. We recently received an e-mail stating that Nuance had discovered that the line count was charging incorrectly, as instituted by them, and they had been crediting us with MORE lines than we were actually doing and overcharging the client. Now get this, they informed us that they would not make US pay it back, for their mistake, but that our new lines would re ...

NJA Policy Nuance
Dec 25, 2012

New to the company. No work available. What is the no jobs available policy? Spend the rest of your night checking back for work or do you get paid for work availabilty? ...

What Is The Nuance Policy On Holidays?
Oct 29, 2014

I'm sure this is in the handbook and will look there as well.  Does anyone know the Nuance holiday policy?  I was told they try to not have you work 2 holidays in a row and if you do it is for a half day each holdiay back to back.  Thanks!  ...

Nuance Resignation Policy
May 28, 2015

To All Nuance Employees: Please be aware if you do not fulfill your 2-week notice requirement, you will not be eligible for rehire.     ...

Question On Nuance QA Policy. I Am On Transcend Side
Oct 16, 2012

QA policy or certain percentage allowed to send to QA.  What exactly is the Nuance QA policy.  Does it only apply to bonus?  Thanks for any info you can share on this. ...

Going From Nuance To TTS - How Are The Lines?
May 28, 2014

I see edit line requirements 250 per hour. At Nuance sometimes the SR is so crappy that might be difficult to do and maintain their Fiesa crap.  Is it easier to get lines?  Is the SR such that you are not correcting every other word?  Appreciate any info. ...

Nuance Lines Per Hour
Sep 19, 2013

Does anyone know how Nuance figures lines per hour.  We just moved to production pay and I'll be damned if I can figure out how they determine LPH.  What I see in EditScript and what they tell me are completely different but there is no rhyme or reason to it.  Seems like a crap shoot - I never know how I'm doing.  Thanks for any input.  ...

Nuance ES MTs. How Do You Keep Accurate Count Of Your Lines?
Feb 15, 2011

When I was Encompass, we used MT Monitor for EditScript, which did a fairly good job.  I never much paid attention to the Alt + x Metrics because of using MT Monitor pretty exlusively.  Now, since MT Monitor is soon to be nixed, apparently, it has stopped counting lines (just characters, but I can divide those by 65) and is missing whole reports over periods of time for me.  But Metrics is even worse.  It's recording only about 2/3 of my reports, if that.  I don&# ...

Webmedx/Nuance Lines Per Hour
Nov 18, 2011

How many lines per hour are most people averaging right now on this platform? I am getting a mixture of straight type /VR that varies daily. They have not shown us any reports of how everyone is doing as a group. I don't think I can make the quota in 8 hours to qualify for benefits. I am trying.  We have open enrollment for insurance ending November 30.  The 1st week in December, they will tell us what the pay plan is for the future.  Granted, insurance ra ...

Nuance Hours/lines Discrepancy
Nov 30, 2011

There was a post last week on Nuance pay discrepancies. I had a 3 hour discrepancy, didn't think too much of it. I thought maybe I made a mistake. This time it is a 5 hour discrepancy. I know I didn't make a 5 hour mistake on my time punches. My lines are not what they should be either. I am about to find another job. I don't make enough as it is without being shorted. Did anyone else notice this with this last pay period? ...

What Are We Qualified To Do?
Jun 16, 2013

Aside from furthering our education and becoming coders or something to that effect, is there ANYTHING with a livable wage that we are qualified to do after years of transcription experience? Every ad I see for administrative positions requires payroll/bookkeeping experience. I'm the queen of medical terminology and can type like a demon but is it good for ANYTHING??? My job is going to VR in the next month or so. I've been a transcriptionist over 10 years and one girl in our office ha ...

Shortage Of Qualified MTs?
Jul 01, 2010

The following is on page 13 of Medquist's 1st quarter filing to the SEC.  Apparently by "qualified" they mean willing to work for peanuts and take all the abuse they dish out.  Usually when there is a shortage of workers in a particular industry, it drives wages up.  Funny how it doesn't work that way in MT. Significant developments in the clinical documentation industry include: A shortage of qualified domestic medical transcriptionists (MTs) and medical editors (ME ...

Qualified For Auditing
Mar 31, 2010

Since Audits are affecting us so deeply at this point and possibly costing us our livelihood, I began to wonder WHO is doing the auditing?  We have lost most of the decent QA people (or will as of tomorrow when nothing will be routed to QA anymore).  I know that several of the CTLs, CCMs or whatever the acronym of the hour is currently called, have been morons and sent out E-mails filled with grammatical and punctuation errors, and some have not even been MTs before.  Shouldn ...

Qualified Text?
May 06, 2010

Does anybody work for a company that pays less for something called "qualified text" or in other words pays less for templates, like 10 cpl for transcription but only 5 cpl for the template lines?  Were you with them when they paid full rate for those lines?  I am trying to find out how much impact (perhaps percentage) this has on the bottom line - a paycheck.  The company I work for is going to start doing this and I am wondering how much it is going to hurt.  Obviously it w ...

Qualified Text
Mar 09, 2015

How much are we paid for qualified text, and where do you see that?  Is it in webclock or on our pay stubs? ...

I Actually Qualified For First Quarter Bonus At 100%
May 22, 2013

Unbelievable! I actually qualified for first quarter bonus at 100%. If I had not seen it with my own eyes I would not believe that anybody ever qualified for it. I am in total shock. Unbelievable but happy. It is possible. I didn't think it was.  Did anybody else get it this week? I thought I had read here about a month ago that some people had gotten their bonus, so I thought I had missed the boat.  ...

Shortage Of Qualified Transcriptionists
Mar 07, 2014

When I contacted my representative about Amnerican transcription jobs being outsourced, my rep said there was a shortage of qualified transcriptionists in the United States.  Do you suppose he got his information from the money mongers who justify their greed by filling our repesentatives' heads full of this bull.  There are plenty of qualified transcriptionists in the US; the MTSOs just do not want to pay for quality.  It is about money Mr. misinformed senator!!! ...

Template Use.
Dec 11, 2012

The company I work for no longer allows the MT to use their own templates.  They took the templates we had, gave them to the client, and their staff either made extreme changes or threw them out and wrote new ones.  Of course, the new templates never follow what the doctor says because they don't hear what is being dictated on a day-to-day basis.  I waste tons of time editing and now I only get paid 0.01 for those lines.  That turn ...

MTSO Using Qualified Text....does It Impact (sm)
Dec 25, 2010

the amount of your paycheck very much?  I wasn't sure if I should even apply to a MTSO that uses this. ...

Bringing The Qualified Text (QT) Subject Over Here.
Jan 14, 2012

I am under the impression that QT is canned text that we bring into the report and add text at certain spots when the dictator specifies? I used to do a lot of ophthalmology reports. Surgeon would say: Please insert my normal phacoemulsification with IOL implant. Then they would dictate which eye, how many diopters, model and size of lens, etc. Does QT also sometimes just show up on the report that comes up and then we just add what is dictated? How long does it take to bring in the QT? Than ...

Smartronix Limited, Got An Email Saying I Qualified For A Job
Aug 19, 2013

for job interview.  The internet says  there are scams out there for this type of thing.  Anyone hear of this company?  The job is posted on another board.  ...

Well, Guess Verbatim Is Out The Window, Qualified Or Not.
Mar 30, 2014

If whatever the doctor said is a little wonky, doesn't make sense or is a bad sentence, you can and will get dinged for typing what the doctor says. Told to leave a blank so you won't get dinged. ...

Template Use Question
Mar 15, 2010

Can someone tell me how to use a template in word on consecutive pages?  I know how to use it for the first page but can't figure out how to use it for say, 50 pages in a row.  A doctor wants his letterhead used as a template which I have scanned in but can only seem to use it for the first page.  Some of his letters are only one page and some are two or three (which wouldn't use the letterhead) but the whole dictation might be 50 or so pages.  I just can't fig ...

IC Invoice Template
Nov 26, 2012

For my fellow IC's out there, does anyone have a template for an invoice, or a link as to how I can find one. I've usually done my own billing before, but my counting program in my other computer did all of this for me. Now I have to create one, and have no idea where to go or what to do. Thanks for all your help! psw ...

Making A Template With Word
Jan 13, 2010

I've been messing around with Word a bit the past few days, trying to figure out how to make a "jump" function, where I can put a symbol or letter, number, etc. in certain places of a master document so I can hit a control + letter key or whatever and have the curser jump to that particular symbol/letter.  I track all of my document IDs and Job IDs and I'd like a master to use every day so I can avoid all the tabbing, entering, etc.  Throughout the day, the first 3 numbers of ...

On The MQ Template, Is There A Grammar Check Box?
Apr 21, 2010

I am just spoiled with word. I like my grammar check box, it helps.  Does the MQ template have this option??   ...

Got QA'd On A Part Of The Imported Template.
Apr 05, 2013

I had no access to change the header that was changed by QA. I wonder if it counts as a ding towards me? I don't really care anymore. Sick of the myriad of ways this job chips away at you. ...

Template Reports Suspicious
Oct 22, 2013

On a number of reports I do where a template is used (and believe me, they are few and far between, maybe one every three weeks), the print looks all squished together, like they are getting more characters per line for a lower line count.  Anyone else notice this? ...

Shorthand Expander - How To Make A Template
Mar 13, 2010

I am new to Shorthand.  I have always worked with the shortcuts withing Word.  Does anyone know how to make a template with a space that I can get to with the Function Keys?  I used to type the letter kk" and a gray box would appear that I could get to inside the document with the F11 key.  Help!!  Any helpers for this new program would be great.  Old dog working on new tricks. ...

Headers/Footers And Making Template
Aug 25, 2011

HELLPPPP...anyone good at figuring out how to make a template?  client has a form that they sent and it has headers and footers each page.  They have a separate letter form, consult form and chart note.  Then there is a summation sheet at the beginning and STAT sheet at the end.  They want all of this done in one long document, i.e. hard page break between each patient.  I have played with this till blue in the face.  If I try to put the plain summation sheet first, ...