A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Smartronix Limited, got an email saying I qualified for a job - and to set up yahoo messenger, sm

Posted: Aug 19, 2013

for job interview.  The internet says  there are scams out there for this type of thing.  Anyone hear of this company?  The job is posted on another board. 

LOL -- was just going to post about them as well - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
I just got the email as well. It definitely is a scam. There is no way that I am going to add that person to my contacts. I went through something very similar years ago -- not MT-related and had a heck of a time getting rid of that person on my Messenger -- plus, I can't believe the pay rate.

Why would this alone make it a scam? - just saying

[ In Reply To ..]
Because their website looks pretty legit and they post their phone number. I'd call them before I dismissed them as as scam, that is assuming I took the time to apply.

Just saying...cheers for more gullable! Looks legit! - Heads up

[ In Reply To ..]
Good thing there are people who warn others. It is because of people being so gullible and then we all have to pay the price.

SmartTronix--same thing - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Here's a copy of the email I received from them. I did add them on yahoo and asked if I had applied for the wrong position because I was interested in transcription. He said yes I applied for the right then and proceeded to tell me the history of this company. The grammar looks like someone who is an ESL. I signed off.

but here's the email:

Dear applicant

we apologize for the delay in response as in regards to your resume that was forwarded to our hiring department, The Hiring Desk of SMARTRONIX INC . has reviewed your resume and we believe you have the required qualifications to proceed. This is a Payroll Clerk/Receivable position, Working hours are from 8am-3pm, Monday-Friday. The starting pay is $45 /hr for this Payroll Clerk/Receivable , you are also expected to come online through Yahoo Messenger during working hours.

I want you to setup a yahoo messenger and if you got one already use it, add Mr XXXXXXX, the Hiring Manager and IM Him on this ID (XXXXXX@YAHOO.COM) ASAP for the interview/briefing and comprehensive job details.This is our first step to proceed further. He will be online waiting for you.

Best regards
Human Resource

Just fyi, I removed the name and the yahoo ID so I wouldn't be in trouble here.

I had a similar experience - a few years ago

[ In Reply To ..]
because they specify payroll clerk/receivable position, but on line, I questioned them a bit further. What I discovered is that they want you to "collect" payments for them through your bank account, send them a certain amount, and you keep a certain amount for yourself as payment for your "job." This is not legitimate so be careful in supplying them any info at all. I checked the address they provided and there was no such address. Please do not fall for this scam!!

Sounds like it's right up there with the Nigerian kings and princes - Writing letters saying there MILLIONS at stake

[ In Reply To ..]
LOL, oh yeah, that definitely looks like some sort of foreigner and looks amazingly similar in context (grammatical errors and all) to emails I would receive from randoms off of Craigs List when I was apartment-hunting.

My husband gets a lot of those Nigerian scam emails and they seem to have very, very similar grammatical and spelling errors.

I hope no one is giving this man/woman/whatever their SS#. Sounds like a total phishing scam.

ok that's different - just saying

[ In Reply To ..]
The OP didn't clarify how crazy the email was...

Smartronix - Angi

[ In Reply To ..]
I too had the same thing. I, in fact did add him, did an "online" interview, which I thought was weird, then told me to hang tight while he sent my answers to HR. Came back a few hrs later saying I am hired. They sent me an offer letter, and an application to fill out, but then told me that I needed to purchase accounting software in order for their IT staff to add it to my laptop. I've NEVER had to pay for anything to work from home...My guess is this whole thing is a scam. I only needed to work 5 hours a day, and make $45 an hour...uhmmmm, yeah, okay right...I don't believe it one bit.

Similar Messages:

Limited Plans Which Are Not Discounts, But Limited Health Insurance?
May 23, 2011

Does anyone who cannot get major medical insurance have any of the limited plans which are not discounts, but limited insurance?  I cannot get major medical, but need something.  I have diabetes and am wondering if there are any good plans out there.  Thanks for any help you can give. ...

Ascend Limited?
Apr 14, 2011

Searched the boards and cannot find anything about this company out of Virginia.  Any news?  ...

Limited MRI Of The Knee
Jan 11, 2012

Technique - sounds like "missionaire" procotol.  TIA! ...

What Is Full Time, Limited ???
Oct 23, 2012

I may have to go to full time with MModal but really hate to.  I have always been a part time employee.  What is FT limited?  I know on full time limited you only have to type 120 lph but is there anything else different between regular full time and limited full time.  Is there anywhere on the MModal sites that gives this information?  Thanks so much. ...

What Is The Limited Hours You Can Claim For UE SM
Jan 18, 2013

So far I am 7.5 hours short due to NJA.  I have some PTO time avaialble.  I want to put a claim in to get started, because the last time I filed in October 2011 they held myr first week, and I did not get that money and went without pay.  I cannot go without pay, so I want to get the ball rolling on the partial UE, then I can get checks and not have to use PTO or worry, since I make about min wage nowadays anyhow. Sorry if this is confusing. ...

Limited FTC On Myocardial Perfusion Study. Sm
Jan 30, 2015

Any idea what the "FTC" stands for?  It is in the tech's comments section.  Thank you! ...

What Are We Qualified To Do?
Jun 16, 2013

Aside from furthering our education and becoming coders or something to that effect, is there ANYTHING with a livable wage that we are qualified to do after years of transcription experience? Every ad I see for administrative positions requires payroll/bookkeeping experience. I'm the queen of medical terminology and can type like a demon but is it good for ANYTHING??? My job is going to VR in the next month or so. I've been a transcriptionist over 10 years and one girl in our office ha ...

Shortage Of Qualified MTs?
Jul 01, 2010

The following is on page 13 of Medquist's 1st quarter filing to the SEC.  Apparently by "qualified" they mean willing to work for peanuts and take all the abuse they dish out.  Usually when there is a shortage of workers in a particular industry, it drives wages up.  Funny how it doesn't work that way in MT. Significant developments in the clinical documentation industry include: A shortage of qualified domestic medical transcriptionists (MTs) and medical editors (ME ...

Qualified For Auditing
Mar 31, 2010

Since Audits are affecting us so deeply at this point and possibly costing us our livelihood, I began to wonder WHO is doing the auditing?  We have lost most of the decent QA people (or will as of tomorrow when nothing will be routed to QA anymore).  I know that several of the CTLs, CCMs or whatever the acronym of the hour is currently called, have been morons and sent out E-mails filled with grammatical and punctuation errors, and some have not even been MTs before.  Shouldn ...

Qualified Text?
May 06, 2010

Does anybody work for a company that pays less for something called "qualified text" or in other words pays less for templates, like 10 cpl for transcription but only 5 cpl for the template lines?  Were you with them when they paid full rate for those lines?  I am trying to find out how much impact (perhaps percentage) this has on the bottom line - a paycheck.  The company I work for is going to start doing this and I am wondering how much it is going to hurt.  Obviously it w ...

Qualified Text
Mar 09, 2015

How much are we paid for qualified text, and where do you see that?  Is it in webclock or on our pay stubs? ...

Is It Common To Have A Limited Amount Of Work During The Summer Season?
Aug 05, 2012

I'm curious if this is throughout a lot of MT companies where the summer seasons are the slowest in terms of receiving work. I used to have an abundunt amount of doctors to transcribe for across multiple accounts, but now all of a sudden that has changed, and I am almost always out of work and I no longer transcribe for what I'm estimating as half to 3/4 of the list of docs. Is this something normal? Do doctors get together and take a 3-month hiatus at once, or something...? I'm p ...

I Actually Qualified For First Quarter Bonus At 100%
May 22, 2013

Unbelievable! I actually qualified for first quarter bonus at 100%. If I had not seen it with my own eyes I would not believe that anybody ever qualified for it. I am in total shock. Unbelievable but happy. It is possible. I didn't think it was.  Did anybody else get it this week? I thought I had read here about a month ago that some people had gotten their bonus, so I thought I had missed the boat.  ...

Shortage Of Qualified Transcriptionists
Mar 07, 2014

When I contacted my representative about Amnerican transcription jobs being outsourced, my rep said there was a shortage of qualified transcriptionists in the United States.  Do you suppose he got his information from the money mongers who justify their greed by filling our repesentatives' heads full of this bull.  There are plenty of qualified transcriptionists in the US; the MTSOs just do not want to pay for quality.  It is about money Mr. misinformed senator!!! ...

MTSO Using Qualified Text....does It Impact (sm)
Dec 25, 2010

the amount of your paycheck very much?  I wasn't sure if I should even apply to a MTSO that uses this. ...

Bringing The Qualified Text (QT) Subject Over Here.
Jan 14, 2012

I am under the impression that QT is canned text that we bring into the report and add text at certain spots when the dictator specifies? I used to do a lot of ophthalmology reports. Surgeon would say: Please insert my normal phacoemulsification with IOL implant. Then they would dictate which eye, how many diopters, model and size of lens, etc. Does QT also sometimes just show up on the report that comes up and then we just add what is dictated? How long does it take to bring in the QT? Than ...

Well, Guess Verbatim Is Out The Window, Qualified Or Not.
Mar 30, 2014

If whatever the doctor said is a little wonky, doesn't make sense or is a bad sentence, you can and will get dinged for typing what the doctor says. Told to leave a blank so you won't get dinged. ...

Question About Nuance Policy On Qualified (template) Lines
Dec 03, 2014

I was originally with one of the ambulatory groups that came through the back door of Nuance.  Our old ways of doing things have slowly been phased out since Nuance acquired us.  Currently I get 8.5 cpl for standard lines and 1 cpl for qualified (template) lines.  I haven't gotten the email about the video yet, but I've been reading on here about the new 7 cpl rate. What about template lines? Does Nuance pay for template lines? Thanks...  ...

MRI "motion-limited Examination" ?
Mar 28, 2013

"Brain MRI showed no acute stroke that was a motion-limited examination." Does this sentence make sense to you or am I just getting it wrong? Seeing as how you're not supposed to move around during MRIs, this makes no sense to me. Or maybe I need a lot more coffee today and/or a day off... ...

Holy Yikes..got An Email From MedQ With All Email Addresses
Nov 17, 2011

I am sure these are closely guarded as they would let MTs actually communicate with each other..and that would be a no no.. MTs might actually band together ...

Is Anyone Having Email Issues. Just Tried To Reply To An Email And It Didnt Work.
Dec 02, 2014

x ...

I Hate "qualified Verbatim" So Much.
Mar 27, 2014

Particularly I never know what to do about headings.  If they never dictate headings, it is no problem - I do not put them in.  But if they dictate no headings, until all of a sudden towards the end of the report, they dictate one random heading, then it makes the rest of the report look stupid without headings. Would you put in headings for continuity in the rest of the report, or leave it looking stupid with, eg, one single heading i ...

Vent - MQCentral Email Is The Lousiest Email
Dec 07, 2010

system devised!  It never seems to work and is so unbelievably slow I can't stand it!!  Glad I got that off my chest. ...

Good Ole MM. They Want Us Perfect But Their Email Saying Email Purge
Oct 19, 2012

x ...

Do They Send Rejection Email To Your Testing Email?
Mar 20, 2014

s ...

Imedx Email. How Do You Delete An Email?
Apr 06, 2015

I see nothing. ...

Trying To Email 360 Transcription With Their Email
Mar 23, 2015

and it says there is no such address.  Anyone else having trouble like that? ...

New Email Regarding The "migartion" Of Email.
Apr 02, 2015

nm ...

MDI Email
Oct 11, 2009

I haven't been able to get on my MDI email for several hours.  Anyone else having this problem? ...

Did Anyone Get A Second Email That Said
Mar 17, 2010

something like "correction to previous" email regarding line rate increase.  At first I thought,  okay, that virtually nil line raise WAS a mistake and now they will be giving us a  more reasonable raise.  Nope, it was the same exact amount.    They said correction but nothing was changed.........unless I'm missing something, but I stared at that email for while.......  ...