A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

qualified text? - dnh

Posted: May 06, 2010

Does anybody work for a company that pays less for something called "qualified text" or in other words pays less for templates, like 10 cpl for transcription but only 5 cpl for the template lines?  Were you with them when they paid full rate for those lines?  I am trying to find out how much impact (perhaps percentage) this has on the bottom line - a paycheck.  The company I work for is going to start doing this and I am wondering how much it is going to hurt.  Obviously it would depend on how many template lines a particular acct uses, but any ideas of what others had experienced with this would be helpful.  Am I going to need to work a lot more to get the same check?  Is it even worth it to keep working?  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  

Which company is this??? nm - jumpingjoy

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

so, you get paid for company-generated templates? - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

My company does this.... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
They use the Emdat InScribe platform. The company-generated templates are highlighted in yellow. You are paid less for those lines. I have heard from another MT, who works for a different company using Emdat, getting paid less for those lines as well, so apparently all companies using Emdat are going to adopt this method.

Mine too - I've been told ... - another anon

[ In Reply To ..]
by the owner that the clients that use qualified text don't want to pay for the canned text at all. She argues that we're still using our experience to know when to delete or modify the template, eg removing "Many thanks for your referral" when the letter is a referral TO another doctor, and so we still need to be paid something for that (though at a lot lower line rate).

I'm also on Emdat Inscribe.
we have to get paid soemthing for inserting - temp
[ In Reply To ..]
the templates, for all the time we spend on it.

Sometimes it takes time to find the correct template, then we have to modify it. Often the templates we load down from the client contain errors we have to correct.
Correcting templates, not getting paid... - 4getit
[ In Reply To ..]
here is what you do....you type the template yourself one time..then you save it in your Word autotext. Won't be no yellow highlighting when you pull it up, it will be correct, and you will get paid your full amount. Is this what this has come to? Figuring out how to beat the system just to make a living? Wow....

I do not get paid for inserting the templates - templates

[ In Reply To ..]
and I do not even know if I get paid if I have to make changes in the text that is typed in the templates.

I do - MTanon

[ In Reply To ..]
I work for a company that uses this but it's mostly templates that consist of the headers so there is not a lot of "editing" for me to do. It only makes a difference in my pay ranging from $8-$20 each pay period (2x a month) usually leaning toward the lower end. Not so bad. Getting paid for lines I'm not typing...and it keeps the clients happy so they don't leave, hence keeps me working. :o)

Similar Messages:

Qualified Text
Mar 09, 2015

How much are we paid for qualified text, and where do you see that?  Is it in webclock or on our pay stubs? ...

MTSO Using Qualified Text....does It Impact (sm)
Dec 25, 2010

the amount of your paycheck very much?  I wasn't sure if I should even apply to a MTSO that uses this. ...

Bringing The Qualified Text (QT) Subject Over Here.
Jan 14, 2012

I am under the impression that QT is canned text that we bring into the report and add text at certain spots when the dictator specifies? I used to do a lot of ophthalmology reports. Surgeon would say: Please insert my normal phacoemulsification with IOL implant. Then they would dictate which eye, how many diopters, model and size of lens, etc. Does QT also sometimes just show up on the report that comes up and then we just add what is dictated? How long does it take to bring in the QT? Than ...

What Are We Qualified To Do?
Jun 16, 2013

Aside from furthering our education and becoming coders or something to that effect, is there ANYTHING with a livable wage that we are qualified to do after years of transcription experience? Every ad I see for administrative positions requires payroll/bookkeeping experience. I'm the queen of medical terminology and can type like a demon but is it good for ANYTHING??? My job is going to VR in the next month or so. I've been a transcriptionist over 10 years and one girl in our office ha ...

Shortage Of Qualified MTs?
Jul 01, 2010

The following is on page 13 of Medquist's 1st quarter filing to the SEC.  Apparently by "qualified" they mean willing to work for peanuts and take all the abuse they dish out.  Usually when there is a shortage of workers in a particular industry, it drives wages up.  Funny how it doesn't work that way in MT. Significant developments in the clinical documentation industry include: A shortage of qualified domestic medical transcriptionists (MTs) and medical editors (ME ...

Qualified For Auditing
Mar 31, 2010

Since Audits are affecting us so deeply at this point and possibly costing us our livelihood, I began to wonder WHO is doing the auditing?  We have lost most of the decent QA people (or will as of tomorrow when nothing will be routed to QA anymore).  I know that several of the CTLs, CCMs or whatever the acronym of the hour is currently called, have been morons and sent out E-mails filled with grammatical and punctuation errors, and some have not even been MTs before.  Shouldn ...

I Actually Qualified For First Quarter Bonus At 100%
May 22, 2013

Unbelievable! I actually qualified for first quarter bonus at 100%. If I had not seen it with my own eyes I would not believe that anybody ever qualified for it. I am in total shock. Unbelievable but happy. It is possible. I didn't think it was.  Did anybody else get it this week? I thought I had read here about a month ago that some people had gotten their bonus, so I thought I had missed the boat.  ...

Shortage Of Qualified Transcriptionists
Mar 07, 2014

When I contacted my representative about Amnerican transcription jobs being outsourced, my rep said there was a shortage of qualified transcriptionists in the United States.  Do you suppose he got his information from the money mongers who justify their greed by filling our repesentatives' heads full of this bull.  There are plenty of qualified transcriptionists in the US; the MTSOs just do not want to pay for quality.  It is about money Mr. misinformed senator!!! ...

Smartronix Limited, Got An Email Saying I Qualified For A Job
Aug 19, 2013

for job interview.  The internet says  there are scams out there for this type of thing.  Anyone hear of this company?  The job is posted on another board.  ...

Well, Guess Verbatim Is Out The Window, Qualified Or Not.
Mar 30, 2014

If whatever the doctor said is a little wonky, doesn't make sense or is a bad sentence, you can and will get dinged for typing what the doctor says. Told to leave a blank so you won't get dinged. ...

Question About Nuance Policy On Qualified (template) Lines
Dec 03, 2014

I was originally with one of the ambulatory groups that came through the back door of Nuance.  Our old ways of doing things have slowly been phased out since Nuance acquired us.  Currently I get 8.5 cpl for standard lines and 1 cpl for qualified (template) lines.  I haven't gotten the email about the video yet, but I've been reading on here about the new 7 cpl rate. What about template lines? Does Nuance pay for template lines? Thanks...  ...

Instant Text - How Do You Bold Text?
Dec 07, 2011

I'm new to IT and have a question:  How do you bold text?  I went into "Edit" and see several options but not for bolding. Yes, it's probably in the manual but I'm on the clock right now so hope someone will post it here. Thanks! ...

I Hate "qualified Verbatim" So Much.
Mar 27, 2014

Particularly I never know what to do about headings.  If they never dictate headings, it is no problem - I do not put them in.  But if they dictate no headings, until all of a sudden towards the end of the report, they dictate one random heading, then it makes the rest of the report look stupid without headings. Would you put in headings for continuity in the rest of the report, or leave it looking stupid with, eg, one single heading i ...

How Do You Get Text Out From Under A
Apr 21, 2012

I can't find the directions.  xx ...

OB/GYN In Text?
Jul 17, 2014

I am typing a report where dictator is talking about the patient's ob/gyn.  How do you type this?  Ob-gyn, OB/GYN or what. It is within a line of the report, not a heading.  ...

Help With Instant Text
Oct 14, 2009

Anyone have any good websites for Instant text tutorial or questions?  I did read through productivity talk and did find what I needed.  I have not used this software in years.  I use autotext, but I would like to use the line counting software that comes wtih IT.  I am trying to figure out a short cut to copying text, right clicking on IT , clipboard statistics, and logging each note. Any thoughts on how to do this with keystrokes and NOT the mouse? I am using Scribe Editor ...

Text Size
Jan 02, 2010

I forgot the easy way to adjust text size.  Hope someone can help. Is it still possible to search for something here?  I can't find the "search" line.   ...

Text Expander..HELP!
Jan 18, 2010

I was forced to switch to Windows 7 and I found that Stedmans Smartype was no longer compatible. After shedding some tears, I am searching for a new one. Does anyone have any suggestions about any medical text expanders that are good and work similar to Smartype (that work within WORD). I am currently looking at Speedtype...does anyone have any reviews on that? Thank you!! ...

Text Expander?
Apr 08, 2010

text expander? ...

Disappearing Text
Jun 03, 2010

I don't know what combination of keys I hit but all of a sudden the text in front of where I am editing disappears.  What combination of keys will stop this.  I thought it was control + insert but that did not help. Any help appreciated. Thanks ...

Instant Text And VR
Sep 18, 2010

Just wondered about what you all think is the best expander to use with VR. I used to use Shorthand up to a couple of years ago and now work with Instant Text. It seems to me that Shorthand is very very popular with the VR crowd. Does anyone use Instant Text successfully with VR? The version of IT I have (V  Pro) does not have the recording functions and the ability to use shortcuts (like Alt+ and Control+) like Shorthand does. Nor is there there an ability to record commands or key combina ...

Instant Text V
Feb 08, 2011

I was wondering if anybody working on the DQS system is able to use Instant Text V  and if so, how did you convert it over ?  Thank you for any help. Donna ...

Does Anybody Use Instant Text?
Apr 06, 2011

Does anybody use Instant Text?  I just started using it and CANNOT figure out how to get "-year-old" to expand without a space in front of the first hyphen.  I am ready to scream!  Please help!  ...

Instant Text V Pro Help
May 08, 2011

I am having issues with linking Instant Text V Pro with eScription.  The greenlight is on saying that it is linked, but I am not able to get any of my keystrokes to work.  If anyone is familiar on how to do this please let me know.  I would really appreciate it.  Thanks!! ...

Text Expander And SR
Aug 03, 2011

In school, we were given the opportunity to have a 4-month trial of Shorthand for Windows. I really enjoyed using this program and had considered purchasing an extended license for it when I become employed; however, I thought of the MT industry heading more towards SR/VR editing and wondered if having a text expander would be useful at all. Any inputs? I'm currently using Word's AutoCorrect as a substitute. ...

Best Text Expander?
Apr 09, 2012

Could anyone give me any recommendations for a good general text expander (starting an ASR job in a couple of weeks)?  I use Phrase Express right now, but I don't like some of its limitations and bugs, and customer service stinks.  I'm really interested in hearing from someone who has tried a couple and has a preference and why.   TIA! ...

Help! Anyone Using Instant Text, Etc...
May 16, 2012

This was transferred to the tech forum last night but isn't a tech question: How are MTs naming their short forms now, for example for shortform "ncat" (normocephalic atraumatic) do you use "ncat" or do you use "ncatx"? Thanks. ...

DocuScribe Text
Jun 16, 2012

Anyone know how to make the text larger in DocuScribe?  Thanks! ...

Copying Text
Aug 16, 2012

I switched computers about a week ago.  Since then, I have been unable to copy text within the same document on Escription.  Can someone please help me with this? ...

Small Text
Sep 27, 2012

Text is small.  Having a hard time seeing it.  Does anyone know how to make the text I am typing bigger?  ...