A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nuance to hire 3000 staff - in India

Posted: Apr 30, 2015

Thanks to Healthcare Documentation Today facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/healthcaredocumentationtoday) for this link.

Could this be the final nail in the coffin?

Sounds like they're using the US business "model" for how to treat your employees like slaves and keep a track on them every minute - but they get to do their "household activity" so everything's A-okay!!!

"He has no fears about employees shirking work. "All employees work on our software and log into our system. There’s a tracking mechanism. Every minute of what you do, there’s metrics that we can churn out. When your output is below par, then the team manager knows immediately.” Even as NTS expects employees to be responsible, it breaks new ground on flexibility and diversity.

"One reason we allow people to work from home is to attract more women into our ranks. They appreciate that. Employees can actually log in for four hours in the morning, log out, take up their household activity, and come back in the evening and do another shift. We even allow split shifts,” Suresh explained."

"One reason we allow people to work from home is to attract more women into our ranks. They appreciate that. Employees can actually log in for four hours in the morning, log out, take up their household activity, and come back in the evening and do another shift. We even allow split shifts,” Suresh explained. - See more at: http://m.deccanherald.com/content/474481/nts-hire-3000-staff-invest.html/#sthash.xGLqzADH.dpuf
He has no fears about employees shirking work. "All employees work on our software and log into our system. There’s a tracking mechanism. Every minute of what you do, there’s metrics that we can churn out. When your output is below par, then the team manager knows immediately.” Even as NTS expects employees to be responsible, it breaks new ground on flexibility and diversity.

"One reason we allow people to work from home is to attract more women into our ranks. They appreciate that. Employees can actually log in for four hours in the morning, log out, take up their household activity, and come back in the evening and do another shift. We even allow split shifts,” Suresh explained. - See more at: http://m.deccanherald.com/content/474481/nts-hire-3000-staff-invest.html/#sthash.xGLqzADH.dpuf
He has no fears about employees shirking work. "All employees work on our software and log into our system. There’s a tracking mechanism. Every minute of what you do, there’s metrics that we can churn out. When your output is below par, then the team manager knows immediately.” Even as NTS expects employees to be responsible, it breaks new ground on flexibility and diversity.

Anyone considering working here U.S. wise should read this.. - HangingInThere

[ In Reply To ..]
To hire 3000 more employees in India indicates exactly what this company's intentions are in regard to U.S. based transcription. By all means that doesn't have to change your mind to work for Nuance, but by reading this link you are aware of the situation you are walking into.

Similar Messages:

Nuance To Hire 3000 Indian MTs
Jun 22, 2015

If hyperlink does not work, paste into browser. http://m.thehindubusinessline.com/features/smartbuy/tech-news/nuance-transcription-services-on-a-hiring-mode/article7223533.ece/ ...

Does Nuance Hire ICs?
May 23, 2012

Tx. ...

Does Nuance Hire MTs In CA?
Mar 03, 2013

Any CA MTs hired recently by Nuance?  I know some other MTSOs won't hire CA MTs because of the strict labor laws and NJA rules.  ...

Does Nuance Hire PT?
Apr 20, 2015

nm ...

How Does Nuance Hire New People...
Dec 12, 2012

when their own employees don't even understand how they are compensated? Is it the kind of thing where you have to take the job before you understand what you will be paid? Can anyone say "byzantine"? ...

Still Working For Nuance, Nobody Else Will Hire Me
Nov 07, 2013

and I don't know why.  I have always been able to see an ad, respond to it, and have the job and the schedule I wanted now I'm not even getting responses to resumes and I'm wondering if it's because I'm so close to retirement.  I haven't worked that many places that it looks like I'm job jumping so I can't think of anything else and I'm getting a little nervous.  I need a second job really bad! ...

Nuance To Hire 3,000 Offshore
Apr 30, 2015

Don't you just want to throw up!  Especially the comment about the draft already being 85-90% correct!  ...

Does Nuance Hire Part-time?
Mar 21, 2012

I just had interview with Softscript and found out that they do not hire any part-time MT's.  Here they let me do testing and go to all that trouble and never even looked at my application, where I distinctly siad I wanted only part-time.  Just shows how much they look at your application.  So I am wondering now if Nuance hires that way.  If not then this is probably a waste of time too.   Very frustrating that these companies do not let you know up front.  ...

Will Nuance Send A Computer To New Hire?
Jan 17, 2014

I just got a job with Nuance. My computer runs Windows 8 and I haven't heard back from them yet so I'm wondering is they send new hires a computer to borrow or do I need to go find one that will run their programs? TYIA ...

Does Nuance Still Hire Part Time People?
Dec 16, 2011

Thanks for your time! ...

Does Nuance Hire Part-time Weekdays? I Already
Jul 09, 2012

have a great part-time job on the weekends I don't want to give up, but I'd like to pick up some part-time work during the week.  TIA for any info! ...

Nuance Making A Last Pitch For Hire On TODAY
Nov 03, 2014

are they stocking the stables in anticipation of a mass exodus? ...

3000 Jobs Out Of TAT
Dec 23, 2013

Anyone else on one of two teams getting a message that a client has over 3000 jobs out of TAT?  Seriously?  And of course they want us to "jump on and clear them out." How does one get to 3000 jobs out of TAT?  No, I don't want to help you clear those jobs.  And honestly, I hope that all the employes trained on that account all quit at once!  But I'm sure when I run out of work tomorrow and Wednesday, you'll have me in there working on an account I' ...

$130/mth With A $3000 Deductible?? Is It Even Worth It?
Feb 15, 2012

x ...

Webmedx - Have They Also Cut Staff?
Apr 29, 2011

Ask a technical question on the web form and see what response you get (hint: NONE).  Have they done away with all those people too? Maybe they are getting ready to get eaten by a bigger fish... ...

Alpha Staff
Nov 23, 2012

Anybody else having problems logging in on webclock.  I started working but have yet to be able to log in; sent note to TL.  I now have no work but was able to get 2 hours of work in - we will see how the rest of the day goes ...

Alpha Staff Letter Sm
Jan 24, 2013

Has anyone else received a letter from Alpha Staff informing that they are no longer affiliated with Nuance?  Or am I late getting this info? ...

Epic - Changes In # Of Staff In HIM Dept?
Mar 07, 2013

Hi.  I am in my third week of employment as a coder!  Yay!  I am learning a lot, still going to school FT, and commuting 1 hour each way to work.  I am the "low man on the totum pole."  We are starting to train for Epic which is supposed to be going live in a few months.  Has Epic affected the work load in that there is a reduction of coders/transcriptions where you work?  Just wondering.  I do other clerical duties such as pulling charts, abstracting, and ...

Background Nursing/support Staff
Dec 19, 2012

are at a fever pitch, as usual around the holidays. I seriously don't see how patients get any rest with all of this squealing and shrieking. ...

SAINCE TRANSCRIPTION No Longer Has A QA Staff
Apr 12, 2013

Saince Transcription no longer has a QA Staff. They let them all go about a month ago. The MTs have been divided into teams with a team leader who is doing all the QA for the team. This poor team leader is really doing the QA for nothing, they get an extra 10% on their cpl rate to offset doing the QA, but sounds like that could really cut down your production. The hospitals they type for don't even know it has happened which sounds illegal or at the very least unscrupulous. They signed ...

Doubling Transcription Staff Overseas.......
Aug 12, 2014

M*Modal Expands its Medical Transcription Operations in Mysore Posted August 11th, 2014 by Mmodal Company charts aggressive hiring plans; to double the staff count to 600 by 2015.    Mysore, August 11, 2014 – M*Modal, a leading provider of clinical documentation services and Speech Understanding™ solutions, today announced it has expanded its existing facility in Mysore. The company has set aggressive hiring plans to ramp-up the center’s headcount ...

Doctors/surgical Staff Making Fun Of
Apr 20, 2015

Makes me sick.  They are making fun of this man's penis size.  I know they are dictating from the OR because you can hear them trying to wake this man up in the background.  I hope he hears them.  Jerks. ...

Microsoft Comfort Curve 3000 Vs Microsoft Ergo 4000
Jun 27, 2013

Getting ready to buy a new keyboard and trying to decide between these 2 models. Has anyone used both and can compare them?  Does the CC 3000 really provide relief for the wrists?  I've heard good things about the 4000 but it looks so...LARGE, lol! Any input appreciated before I click the "buy it now" feature! ...

Webmedx Staff Just "appearing"
Sep 12, 2010

I am seeing LOTS of new names in QA and also a new STM.  My question is this - why are these openings not posted so that all can have equal opportunity for compete for one of these positions?  Is this even legal?  I know it is not ethical, but not sure about the legality.  ...

S/l "Staff" Services.
Jan 29, 2010

Dr. says,  "The patient's s/l staff services are up."    I am pretty sure it is not staff but i dont know if it is an abbreviation or a different word.   ...

New Hire?
Sep 02, 2010

Were you hired this year?  Which company??  How much per line???  Is anyone paid by the hour????  Thank you. ...

New Hire MQ
Apr 15, 2011

Just a question for everyone.  I accepted a position and was to hear by the end of this week from my manager about doing some training on Tuesday of next week and have not heard one word.  I did receive foot pedal, etc.  I put a call out to the recruiter who told me my manager was going to contact me, but of course at MQ you always have to leave a message.  Is this the norm for new employees?????  Any comments are appreciated. ...

NEWBIE HIRE
Nov 12, 2009

Dear Fellow MT's, Please advice me with some reputable information on how to get started with a  company or job transcribing. I've worked in the Medical Field for 10 years now as a Unit Clerk, Telemetry Tech and then doing CNA work since I am a Medical Assistant. I've worked in the ICU, DOU, and Emergency Room for 4 years and then worked on a Cardiology Unit in Telemetry with heart rhythms for another 3 years. Before all this I've worked as a CSS for 3 doctors on t ...

Why Don't The Big Companies Want To Hire
May 31, 2010

part-timers for weekend work anymore?  That's the way it was done for years, full-timers for M-F and part-timers for weekends, and it worked great because so many MTs are looking for extra weekend part-time work anyway.  It seems to be mostly the bigger corporations, as usual, changing things for the worse here.  Is it just the laziness of the HR & management people, not wanting to process part-timers?  I suspect a lot of the very-experienced MTs are working at small ...

Breitner - If They Hire IC's?
Aug 16, 2011

Does anyone know if they hire IC's?  Thanks! ...