A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Webmedx staff just "appearing" - Whatever happened to posting jobs

Posted: Sep 12, 2010

I am seeing LOTS of new names in QA and also a new STM.  My question is this - why are these openings not posted so that all can have equal opportunity for compete for one of these positions?  Is this even legal?  I know it is not ethical, but not sure about the legality. 

Interesting, thanks, but of course it's both legal and ethical. - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
What on earth is so wrong about a company choosing what it feels is the best person for a job? This isn't Russia of the 1950s, or railroads here in the '30s. The question you raise is why they chose not to post for applicants within, but no doubt there was a reason.

Ethical to harrass production workers? - Pete

[ In Reply To ..]
Funny WMX harrassment policies on PRODUCTION employees doesn't sound AT ALL like Russia in the 1950s or railroads in the 30's does it? So progressive for 2010! If a company (WMX)wants the privilege of cracking a whip, they need to sh*t or get off the pot and compensate their employee's on an hourly or salary basis, NOT a PRODUCTION basis affecting only the employee's wages. Perhaps, then they have room for borderline harrassment of such an archaic, sweat-shop mentality. Can't have it both ways, WMX.

New suit mantra - No doubt there was a reason! - sick of propaganda!

[ In Reply To ..]
Hey, I know what the reason always is - GREED. CORPORATE PROFIT. A valid reason for those grinding us under their heels, to be sure.

I'll just chant that to my creditors, since it works so well for you....why was my paycheck cut in half - no doubt there was a reason! Why am I being nagged to produce more quality yet being paid less if I do - no doubt there is a reason! Why were a bunch of people laid off - no doubt there was a reason!

Why do we vent on this board - no doubt there is a reason!

They might be officially hiring subcontractors - not in the mood

[ In Reply To ..]
ICs and people straight out of their school - people that have been doing the work for some time but have been "invisible". If they needed people that were already trained on the accounts and ready to go they might do that. I've been told in the past its none of my business when I've asked questions about new staff suddenly coming on board; they used to give us a rough idea of the amount of people on my "team", but no more.

There are ChartMatrix QA team members... - abcMT

[ In Reply To ..]
...that have moved to Enterprise.

I think they are the people who worked on Chartmatrix. sm - jabbawocky

[ In Reply To ..]
Remember, all those people who worked on the Chartmatrix platform would have to come over since that one is being shut down. There are MTs too from over there.

Good point. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

posting jobs - webmedxmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I do know that several months back QA positions WERE listed on the community page. I think you have to go to human resources, then there was a place to click on job listings, so unless you check regularly you may not be aware of this. I only know because I had a friend who saw the post and applied.

Some CM QA staff... - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
...have moved to Enterprise.

You have jumped to the conclusion that they are newhires or new positions. They are neither.

Did it ever occur to you that there are current employees... - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
on ChartMatrix that are now working on Enterprise?

That's a pretty big leap for you to assume they are new positions.

Tell that to the noobs still on layoff account - they spilt the beans

[ In Reply To ..]
Well, there's a newbie hired fresh out of Webmedx's school to work on "the same account that people got laid off from" posting on the internal community board. (This post originally got removed for naming it here - no matter, we all know which account it is.) As long as newbies innocently blow corporate's cover, it doesn't take much energy to make the "big leaps" you speak of. Those laid off are still wondering why they were targeted, and no answer has ever been forthcoming. You suits seriously need to have a chat with the noobs you hire and tell them its not politically correct to announce their presence if you want to keep having us believe your lies and propaganda.

Smile. Type. U do not work for HR do not ask questions nm - hoo boy

[ In Reply To ..]
x

OK, this is getting tiresome instead of funny. - give it a rest now, ummk?

[ In Reply To ..]
Pretty please?

You are not the boss of me. Type. nm - hoo boy

[ In Reply To ..]
noooooooooooooo
Lol @ hoo boy. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Yawn @ hoo boy - first couple times funny - 10 times - a bore
[ In Reply To ..]
I might not be your boss, but at least I know the more often you repeat the same joke, the lamer it gets.
Not true. - Anyone without an axe to grind loves them!
[ In Reply To ..]
;-)
Anyone immature, ya mean? - Still in middle school?
[ In Reply To ..]
Smile. Type. Buy someone something.

Did I make you pee your pants with mirth too?

Such brilliant wit, over and over and over! And its hysterical each and every time for those with the IQ and attention span of a flea. Why, oh why, isn't she getting rich writing jokes in Hollywood? Oh, I know why - not all that funny to adults.

Hey, here's a thought, since you're her biggest fan (and only one still begging for more), ask her to email you "Smile. Type. Buy someone something." several times a day and you can giggle your guts out and the rest of us can have a serious discussion about adult topics.

I happen to think they are a riot - and obviously getting a rise from some

[ In Reply To ..]
Keep up the great work. You are obviously striking a nerve with some. We need you to keep needling them and giving us some comic relief in the bargain. Thanks again, hoo boy! ;-)

Hoo boy is very tiresome. "Getting a rise" out of fellow MTs is not the intended purpose. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
...of these boards. It's juvenile and purposefully provocative in nature.
I am an MT and does not bother me - watchfulwaiting
[ In Reply To ..]
I can't think why the posts would bother you unless you have a vested interest as management OR you somehow feel you are special and safe from the axe OR you feel compelled to toe the company line for some reason. Sticking it to the man is a very American pastime, and laughing at this situation can make it easier to deal with.
It is not directed at fellow MTs - it is directed at YOU - Management. Too bad.
[ In Reply To ..]
You might think you can control us at work, but guess what? This is a free board and we can tell the truth on here. If it is too painful for you, maybe you can do something to change our situation. Otherwise, you'll just have to grin and bear it. Or not read it. Either way, you can not control this board. That sucks for you, doesn't it??
Frown. Yawn. Think of trinket to send MTs at Xmas nm - hoo boy
[ In Reply To ..]
xxx
Hoo Boy, you CRACK ME UP, and you tell it like it is. - Rocky Raccoon
[ In Reply To ..]

Childish and annoying can strike a nerve with anybody - when repeated enough times

[ In Reply To ..]
Reminds me of a friend who liked to get drunk and yell "How do you lke me now?" over and over. The more often she said it, the less I liked her.

I guess its a matter of taste. I never liked Sting's "Message in a Bottle" because he felt the need to sing "Sending out an SOS" over and over into infinity.

I just find mindless repetition a bore. Nobody wants hoo boy to stop posting, but to change the record because this one is broken (for those of us old enough to know what a broken record sounds like).

Similar Messages:

Webmedx - Have They Also Cut Staff?
Apr 29, 2011

Ask a technical question on the web form and see what response you get (hint: NONE).  Have they done away with all those people too? Maybe they are getting ready to get eaten by a bigger fish... ...

Help With Appearing
Sep 05, 2010

How transcribe 1 cm appearing mass? ...

Well-nourished-appearing??
Jun 05, 2012

On exam, the patient is healthy and well-nourished-appearing? or well-nourished appearing? ...

Nontoxic Appearing Or Nontoxic-appearing
Jul 28, 2014

Is it nontoxic-appaering or nontoxic appearing..... hyphen or no hyphen??? ...

Natonic Appearing Esophagus?
Feb 22, 2011

s/l natonic Does anyone know what else it could be or if I'm spelling it wrong?  No obvious esophageal lesions were found.  She does have a somewhat dilated (natonic) appearing esophagus, but I suspect she simply has a low-grade motility disorder associated with her age.  Thanks ...

Alpha Staff
Nov 23, 2012

Anybody else having problems logging in on webclock.  I started working but have yet to be able to log in; sent note to TL.  I now have no work but was able to get 2 hours of work in - we will see how the rest of the day goes ...

S/l Senile-appearing Endometrial Lining
Jun 15, 2011

HYPHEN - Appearing Ovarian Cyst
Aug 22, 2012

Is simple appearing ovarian cyst hyphenated after the word simple?  ...

Alpha Staff Letter Sm
Jan 24, 2013

Has anyone else received a letter from Alpha Staff informing that they are no longer affiliated with Nuance?  Or am I late getting this info? ...

Epic - Changes In # Of Staff In HIM Dept?
Mar 07, 2013

Hi.  I am in my third week of employment as a coder!  Yay!  I am learning a lot, still going to school FT, and commuting 1 hour each way to work.  I am the "low man on the totum pole."  We are starting to train for Epic which is supposed to be going live in a few months.  Has Epic affected the work load in that there is a reduction of coders/transcriptions where you work?  Just wondering.  I do other clerical duties such as pulling charts, abstracting, and ...

Has Normal Appearing Lids, S/l Sarine, Conjunctiva
Jan 13, 2010

On physical exam, doc states: Has normal appearing lids, s/l sarine, conjunctivae. what is s/l sarine? ...

Background Nursing/support Staff
Dec 19, 2012

are at a fever pitch, as usual around the holidays. I seriously don't see how patients get any rest with all of this squealing and shrieking. ...

SAINCE TRANSCRIPTION No Longer Has A QA Staff
Apr 12, 2013

Saince Transcription no longer has a QA Staff. They let them all go about a month ago. The MTs have been divided into teams with a team leader who is doing all the QA for the team. This poor team leader is really doing the QA for nothing, they get an extra 10% on their cpl rate to offset doing the QA, but sounds like that could really cut down your production. The hospitals they type for don't even know it has happened which sounds illegal or at the very least unscrupulous. They signed ...

Doubling Transcription Staff Overseas.......
Aug 12, 2014

M*Modal Expands its Medical Transcription Operations in Mysore Posted August 11th, 2014 by Mmodal Company charts aggressive hiring plans; to double the staff count to 600 by 2015.    Mysore, August 11, 2014 – M*Modal, a leading provider of clinical documentation services and Speech Understanding™ solutions, today announced it has expanded its existing facility in Mysore. The company has set aggressive hiring plans to ramp-up the center’s headcount ...

Doctors/surgical Staff Making Fun Of
Apr 20, 2015

Makes me sick.  They are making fun of this man's penis size.  I know they are dictating from the OR because you can hear them trying to wake this man up in the background.  I hope he hears them.  Jerks. ...

Nuance To Hire 3000 Staff
Apr 30, 2015

Thanks to Healthcare Documentation Today facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/healthcaredocumentationtoday) for this link. Could this be the final nail in the coffin? Sounds like they're using the US business "model" for how to treat your employees like slaves and keep a track on them every minute - but they get to do their "household activity" so everything's A-okay!!! "He has no fears about employees shirking work. "All employees work on our software and log into our system. ...

Hyphen With Any Word Preceding "appearing"
Aug 24, 2010

Can anyone ACCURATELY and CORRECTLY answer this question? With any word preceding "appearing", do we always hyphenate, i.e. normal-appearing? Thanks for your reply.     ...

"aseptic Appearing Picture"
Jan 15, 2010

Within 36 hours she developed "aseptic appearing picture?" Can't find it anywhere. ...

S/l "Staff" Services.
Jan 29, 2010

Dr. says,  "The patient's s/l staff services are up."    I am pretty sure it is not staff but i dont know if it is an abbreviation or a different word.   ...

Hmm Will We @ Webmedx Get Nothing After-sm
Dec 19, 2009

being slapped in the face the whole year?  Looks like it to me.  Oh well, it beats the print-your-own cookbook. What a mess this company has turned out to be.  Even Transcend still manages to be thoughtful during the holidays. ...

Where To After Webmedx?
Dec 23, 2009

Those of you who left Wedmedx after finding out our pay will be cut again due to the great production potential coming with the switch to M-Modal (oh, my goodness--how many of us do they think fell off the turnip truck?), where'd you go?  Is it any better? ...

Webmedx Cpl For ASR
Apr 07, 2010

Hoping someone can help me with a few questions.  Considering making a change to Webmedx and was wondering about the cpl for ASR.  I also hear that they have lots of overtime and was hoping someone can validate this information.  Any input is appreciated. ...

Webmedx Needs To Pay
Apr 24, 2010

The unremarkable Wedmedx needs to pay for the downtime MTs are incurring because they want to switch everything over to their horrendous ISR.  The unremarkable Webmedx requires 1 to 4 hours to get new computers up and running and yet we production people are supposed to make up that time or use our PTO time or just not get paid.  The unremarkable Webmedx just hired new people and gave them bonuses to sign on but can't pay their longtime loyal employees for time lost due to no ...

Webmedx MTs
Sep 03, 2010

I just want you to know what a phenomenal job I think you all did on those atrocious accounts.  I QA'ed your work and was amazed at what you could decipher out of those dictations.  You are all amazing MTs in my eyes and any company out there would be lucky to have you working for them. I am so sorry we are all going through this but everything happens for a reason, so they say.  Let's just hope we all have brighter days ahead of us and better things. I was blessed to wo ...

Webmedx Pay Better Than Most
Oct 16, 2010

I know a lot of MTs and I keep getting calls to get on MTStars and read the latest bashing of Webmedx.  So when I finished work today I decided to do just that.  To hear all of your complaints I wonder if this is the same company I've been working for all these years. I've been editing since ISR started with them and it took me about a year to make up and at times exceed where I was.  Now I prefer ISR.  The long and the short of it is that as long as Webmedx keeps ...

Webmedx RIF
Nov 03, 2010

RIF still in effect for some.  Gone after seven years with this company right after they posted they will be hiring 100+ MTs for new account business.  So sad what this once good company has become. ...

WebMedX And M-TEC
Nov 11, 2010

Is anyone currently working for WebMedX an M-TEC graduate? I'm currently a Premier I student at M-TEC. Since WebMedX is a sister company to M-TEC, I here they are willing to hire new M-TEC granduates who lack the usual 2 years of experience. If you are an M-TEC graduate currently employed by WebMedX, what was your M-TEC graduating GPA? What is a good enough GPA to get hired by WebMedX? I will be graduating in April 2012 and would like to start making some employment plans. ANY INF ...

WebmedX AGAIN
Nov 18, 2010

I know, ad nauseum, but is there ANYBODY here who DOES have work?  When you DO have work, does it seem like it has suddenly become harder to get lines?  ...

Webmedx - New AMs
Apr 03, 2011

Do you all hear from your AM over the weekend?  ...

Webmedx Pay Changes
Apr 28, 2011

Well, fresh new announcement of production pay changes, headed up by the new MT manager.  Why am I not surprised?  Details are forthcoming.  Sorry for my fellow employees. ...