A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Direct violations of federal law subjecting disabled employees to - intimidation and extra scrutiny

Posted: Jul 02, 2014

Big time. I hope HR goes to prison.

I am also disabled - What is going on?

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm also disabled and working for Nuance. Actually, that's why I got into this field all those years ago because it offered me flexibility and I could create my own workstation that works for me without having to feel "special" or creating a big fuss.

I've had minor issues with management in the past, but luckily most of them resolved rather quickly when I mentioned my disability. What's going on with you?

Similar Messages:

Spacebar Disabled
Dec 01, 2011

Previous employer stated in the contract that spaces, bold, etc were paid for in a 65-character line.  Come to find out the version of Word 2003 cannot be used because the space bar does not work because he obvious disabled it so that it did not count spaces.  When I worked there we worked in word.  Does anyone know how to get this fixed?  I get so sick of these companies skiming off of the line counts. ...

TTS Discriminates Against The Disabled
May 07, 2014

Never disclose a disability to an employer no matter what.  TTS fires and refuses to hire people with disability and then finds a lame excuse to cover it up. BEWARE! ...

DEP Login Disabled?
Aug 12, 2014

For those of you who have switched over to the newly merged North region with new company code.... does your DEP login still work? ...

Help! Shorthand Disabled.
Aug 17, 2014

Using SH10, Word 2010 & 2013, Windows 8.  Was working last night.  Went to bed and today it will not work.  License does not expire until November.  Have been using SH10 with both Word 2010 and Word 2013 on this computer for almost two years now.  No problems until this morning.  I have tried reebooting, opening SH10 and clicking "Hide" while Word is open, uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing.  I sure don't want to have to do without it.  My ...

HIPAA Violations ...
Apr 01, 2011

First of all....isn't any medical report being typed out of our country by a another country that isn't required to follow HIPAA regulations.....well a HIPAA violation?  Not to mention a potential homeland security risk! Secondly, is anyone else bothered by being instructed to type the patient's name in the body of a report?  According to HIPAA regulations, the patient's name is NOT to be typed in the body of any medical report.  We are all violating HIPAA by doing this ...

HIPAA VIOLATIONS
Jun 13, 2012

So, my ex-husband of 15 years called my and my son's doctor's office and gets all of our medical and billing information (son is 21).  Takes those documents and files suit in court against me using the documents he obtained fraudulently to claim that I have lied about the cost of our son's medical bills (he has been ordered three times to to pay 50% of those costs which only amount to about $2,800).  Y'all get that?  He committed fraud in order to prove that I have committ ...

Win XP And HIPAA Violations? (sm)
Apr 08, 2014

What fines could MTSOs be faced with for HIPAA violations in requiring their employees to use Win XP, which is no longer HIPAA compliant?  I wonder if it might be worth an increase in line rate to keep our mouths shut.  ;o) ...

What Does Your MTSO Do About MD HIPAA Violations?
Oct 12, 2012

I find it interesting that if we violate HIPAA law it's a mandatory life sentence without the possibility of parole, yet when doctors continually violate HIPAA law on a regular basis these MTSOs are too wimpy to say anything, or even care the the patient's rights are being compromised. ...

Question About HIPAA Violations In Reports
Jan 25, 2013

I was accessing back reports already typed for med list and noticed that someone had typed the patient's sister's name in the report.  Isn't that a HIPAA violation? I never put relative names in reports so just wondered. I thought doing the training I remember that was a no no. ...

You Can Anonymously Report An MTSO's Violations Of
May 17, 2013

If you are classified as an employee, you can file a complaint anonymously if your MTSO is not paying you overtime for work over 40 hours a week.  I spoke with several people at the Department of Labor, one of whom headed up an audit of an MTSO,  and was told that you can file your complaint anonymously, but resolution of the issue will take longer than if you used your name.  Also, if in order to resolve the issue, you are required to be deposed or testify (this is very rare), th ...

SoftScript Acute Care Test - Function Disabled!
Dec 03, 2012

I am attempting to take the SoftScript acute-care test and have received 2 separate links to the online test, which seems to have a drop-down feature for their multiple-choice questions.  However, the drop-downs don't work (I've tried accessing the test using several web browsers), and when I right click on the test, I get the message "Function Disabled."  Has anyone had the same problem, and, if so, what was your solution?  Thanks in advance for any ideas. ...

No Federal Tax Withheld
Feb 04, 2011

Does anyone know why for the year 2010 I didn't have any federal taxes taken out of my pay check.  Did that happen for anyone else from Medquist ?  ...

MQ, Federal Government And Tax Breaks
Mar 13, 2010

After seeing CBay's lovely employee website extolling the awards they will bestoweth upon any Indian who works for them, I was wondering.  Looking at the the enless football field size rooms of computers, (many, many, many computers), desks, chairs, headphones, the brand-new buildings themselves, the exercise room with top notch expensive exericise equipment, the yoga teacher, the buses used to transport them to and from work, the workers hired to drive those buses, the free medi ...

Federal Job Openings In Coding
Mar 02, 2014

There are 34 coding jobs announcements on www.usajobs.gov today. Some are for more than one  position. To see them, search for keyword 0675 and open to federal employees. Looks like 24 of them are open to those who are not yet federal employees.  There are also 11 job announcements for medical record administrators, some of which may be in coding.  To see them, search for 0669.   ...

What Happened To The Federal Tax Withholding Post?
Jan 26, 2010

nm ...

Federal Guidelines To Meet For ICs Under HIPAA
Sep 09, 2013

So I passed the BA Agreement, proof of liability insurance and Policies and Procedures with the company, so I may still be able to work as an IC and not an employee, but here is their response: "You must first provide proof that you meet the Federal Guidelines to remain an IC before providing proof of insurance or policies and procedures. You can research this by doing a Google search but these guidelines MUST be met in order to remain an IC." I already also passed the HIPAA training. What e ...

If You Work On VA Or Other Federal Government Med Transcription
Jun 27, 2014

For anyone who currently works for an MTSO that handles VA or other federal government work, you must have employee status and be paid at least the hourly wage determination rate.  The wage determination rate is NOT the same as minimum wage.  It is, in most cases, significantly higher, and each county in every state has their own WDR.  If you are not being paid properly, you can file an ANONYMOUS complaint with the Department of Labor.  If no one complains, these MTSOs will c ...

Wage Theft -- At Federal Level Says This Only
Mar 13, 2015

This is all you get at the Federal level: "No deduction may be made from an employee's wages which would reduce the employee's earnings below the required minimum wage or overtime compensation." You have to look to see what your state says about it to see if docking pay for mistakes comes under wage theft. As we know, they will give you MUP if you fall below minimum wage, so they have covered themselves on that, unless your state says differently. ...

Medquist Workers Eligible For Federal Assistance
Nov 10, 2009

WEBSITE BELOW http://newsok.com/medquist-workers-eligible-for-fed-assistance/article/3415214 MedQuist workers eligible for fed assistance FROM STAFF REPORTS    Comments 0 Published: November 7, 2009 The Labor Department report concluded that all MedQuist employees, including those working at home, who became "totally or partially separated from employment” after Aug. 26, 2008, are eligible to apply for the assistance. Read more: http://newsok.com/medquist-worke ...

OMG How Funny - Read Glassdoor Opinion Of Employees, US Versus Indian Employees!
Aug 05, 2013

I was just curious about what employees thought of Nuance on Glassdoor.  You read several US employee opinions and they reflect the morale listed on MTStars.  Scroll further down and read the opinions of the transcriptionists from India.  What a difference.  They are highly satisfied with their jobs and most have been working with Nuance for 6 to 7 years.  The US transcriptionists are very sad!!  What a difference..... ...

Execuscribe: Any Info On How They - Ensure Federal Guidelines With Regards To Minimum Wage
Jan 10, 2010

Anyone currently work for or recently just left ExecuScribe have information they would be willing to share about how they pay?  I am curious about the statement they have on their web site.  How do they handle down times (no work, computer/internet not working, etc) to “ensure…federal guidelines with regards to minimum wage and over-time laws”?  Since they require testing with the application, if you are willing, could you also answer the following, so I know ...

MT Subcontractor - Have To Pay Self-employment Taxes In Addition To Federal Income Taxes?
Jun 18, 2011

As a subcontractor performing medical transcription, do I have to pay self-employment taxes in addition to Federal Income Taxes? ...

Anyone Else NOT See Direct Deposit In Their
Dec 24, 2009

NM ...

Could Someone Kindly Direct Me To The
Jun 04, 2010

Central:  I seem to be having trouble locating it and would like to reference something.  I would greatly appreciate your help Thanking you in advance.   ...

Any Ex JLG Get Their Direct Deposit Yet?
Sep 23, 2011

Maybe I just checked too early? Thanks! ...

Where Is My Direct Deposit? Anyone Else?
Oct 31, 2013

I am wondering if the bank is playing with the money or there is a problem in payroll distribution land. B of A has finally stated (admitted) the method they are using to manipulate credits and debits to generate the most fees My direct deposit has always shown up at midnight. My bank text message notification always comes just after midnight. ...

Direct Deposit
Feb 06, 2015

Can those of you who have direct deposit for your pay check tell me when it is normally deposited to your account? Thanks! ...

MT Week Direct Action
May 10, 2012

more. May Day! May Day! The MT ship is listing and worse! Join us in a Letters to the Editor Campaign Online and in Print Starting MT Week! Here is what we are doing and asking you as a working MT to do. Whenever you are OOW, NJA, etc., draft a letter, compile a list of local newspapers and blogs in your area or nationally and start mailing them, posting them or emailing them to the editor. Let us be productive during our OOW times and do something about our collective situations. You can req ...

Direct Microlaryngoscopy - Urology
Aug 30, 2012

I am doing a direct microlaryngoscopy report.  Could this be right?  It sounds exactly like urology. A urology 30 degree endoscope was used to complete the examination.  This was placed in the tumor identified.     Thanks! ...

How About Training Direct From AAPC
Sep 18, 2012

Ok, how about this program. It is directly from AAPC. Anyone on here received their CPC or CPC-H from this course? http://www.aapc.com/training/cpc-complete-training-package.aspx  So, let me have it... the good the bad and the ugly. ...