A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

spacebar disabled - Lucy

Posted: Dec 01, 2011

Previous employer stated in the contract that spaces, bold, etc were paid for in a 65-character line.  Come to find out the version of Word 2003 cannot be used because the space bar does not work because he obvious disabled it so that it did not count spaces.  When I worked there we worked in word.  Does anyone know how to get this fixed?  I get so sick of these companies skiming off of the line counts.

I never heard of anyone 'disabling' the space bar, they can set the line count - to not count any character-but disable? NM

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

TTS Discriminates Against The Disabled
May 07, 2014

Never disclose a disability to an employer no matter what.  TTS fires and refuses to hire people with disability and then finds a lame excuse to cover it up. BEWARE! ...

DEP Login Disabled?
Aug 12, 2014

For those of you who have switched over to the newly merged North region with new company code.... does your DEP login still work? ...

Help! Shorthand Disabled.
Aug 17, 2014

Using SH10, Word 2010 & 2013, Windows 8.  Was working last night.  Went to bed and today it will not work.  License does not expire until November.  Have been using SH10 with both Word 2010 and Word 2013 on this computer for almost two years now.  No problems until this morning.  I have tried reebooting, opening SH10 and clicking "Hide" while Word is open, uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing.  I sure don't want to have to do without it.  My ...

SoftScript Acute Care Test - Function Disabled!
Dec 03, 2012

I am attempting to take the SoftScript acute-care test and have received 2 separate links to the online test, which seems to have a drop-down feature for their multiple-choice questions.  However, the drop-downs don't work (I've tried accessing the test using several web browsers), and when I right click on the test, I get the message "Function Disabled."  Has anyone had the same problem, and, if so, what was your solution?  Thanks in advance for any ideas. ...

Direct Violations Of Federal Law Subjecting Disabled Employees To
Jul 02, 2014

Big time. I hope HR goes to prison. ...