A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Oh goody, Shaw has a new productivity tracking tool for us. - so sorry Shaw, not

Posted: Jul 12, 2013

Whatever my count is, too bad. With the sorry excuse for ASR that we given to edit, let the chips lay where they might. Whatever my line count is, I am doing the best I can - as confirmed by the fact I have next to no nonproductive time showing on my statistics.

I agree... not taking any more time to look at that - makes no difference

[ In Reply To ..]
If I don't meet their requirements, I am pretty sure I will be the first to know. Why would I freak myself out hourly as to if I did better or worse than the last hour? I get the worst dictators ever, never take a break, seldom have to look things up, and do the best damn job I can. If that's not good enough, tough beans.

Waste of time - will not use it

[ In Reply To ..]
I did actually look at it. You have to log in to DocQmanage and get your line counts for SR and straight typing. Then you have to log into your time card and get your hours. Then you have to log into Shaw's website and enter in all the information. I know he claims it is user friendly but so is my calculator and much faster with less logins.

If he actually wants to help (but you know he does not) then he should get his IT people together to put everything under one login and one website. Until then this is just his snide way of informing those at the lower threshold of acceptable that there is now no excuse for not hitting your line minimums. He has provided a tool to check your line counts! But of course you had better do it while you are not working because you wouldn't want to get dinged for inactive time.

Still another work-related - activity

[ In Reply To ..]
that we don't get paid for. I immediately delete all emails from Shaw Blight-work. *blech*

Agree - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Agree...won't use it...why can't I divide my lines by my hours worked and get the same answer, faster?

You can - That is the point

[ In Reply To ..]
However, apparently they needed to find somebody a job to do. Somebody who has no clue what we do, has no idea what actual tool would be helpful and apparently thought we were too stupid to use a calculator. Oh whatever in the world did we do before this line calculator tool? (dripping with sarcasm)The sad this is whoever came up with this idea probably got a promotion and a raise.
Or possibly - Shaw
[ In Reply To ..]
is desperately seeking ways to justify his 6 figures before he is shown the door like Amy and Vern. We can only dream.

Helpful for MMEs - JustMe

[ In Reply To ..]
I actually found this really helpful. As an MME who bounces around on 40-60 accts and does ASR, QA, and straight transcribing it was very helpful. I can see why MTs would not find it useful though.

Shaw Pshaw - hmmm

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm thinking of applying to M-Modal part time. Are you "required" to use Shaw? If not, I will not use it. It sounds cumbersome and unnecessary.

I can only work evenings and weekends. Will they let me set my schedule. To get 24 hours, I can work 8 hours both weekend evenings and two 4-hour evenings.

Similar Messages:

Productivity Tracking Methods
Jun 27, 2010

On someone else's recommendation, our boss is looking into "amount-of-time-in-a-document" as a method of tracking productivity.  Anyone else have experience with this?  Are (and if so, how are) variables (i.e., pauses, difficult dictator, etc.) factored in?  Any input most welcome.   ...

Oh Goody!
Jun 15, 2010

We get to buy calvin klein clothing and gucci items from the job seekers board now!  wonder how they get to post there?  and from China, no less!  gees.  ...

You Would Think That With All The Tracking Of ASR
Feb 04, 2011

mouse clicks and cursor movement, they would be able to tell just how much typing we have to do to fix this mess. But, then, again, I doubt they care, especially as they are getting the work done for 40% off. ...

Another ASR Goody
Mar 20, 2012

ASR:  As eye took her enema my patients today. DICTATED:  As I took her in as one of my patients today. ...

Oh, Goody. Another Day, Another Different Account.
Nov 14, 2013

I am so sick of not getting the same set of accounts any 2 days in a row. Ah, yes, take away my most potent tool for an increased line count - familiarity with the doctors and CP. Oh well, I can say I have work today. Can't wait until I get outta here! ...

Oh Goody, Another Work Around Because IT Cannot Get It Right!
Dec 03, 2013

Just informed that, if you do not have the accelerate silent audio turned on under tools AND you disable it for every single report, there will be dictation audio skipped over. And, of course, there goes your audit score! So sick of this. Most of the IT personnel should be fired for their exceptionally poor performance, especially as it affects patient care. ...

Landesk Is Tracking You
Oct 09, 2014

Landesk is a tracking you. This is what the software does. LANDESK extended device discovery is passive technology that detects network-connected devices in real-time, even if they’re behind a firewall. LANDESK also uses active discovery technologies including SNMP management, ping sweeps, and more. It allows tracking of devices in their network (your computer). ...

Oooh Goody!
Feb 10, 2015

This time it is a MTD (month to date) graph.  Complete with new threats!!   "The HDS has a target goal of 99.50 for an average QA score.  The PCs and HDSM have account goals as part of their objectives.  As noted above, our accounts are required to meet a quality index of 99.60, critical errors 2.75% or less, noncritical errors 14% or less, and minor errors 24% or less.  When we review this data many of the goals are not being met.  When your individual scor ...

Goody! Mandatory OT
Apr 06, 2015

early on Monday morning.  Just what I wanted to wake up to! NOT ...

Irregularity In Line Tracking
Dec 26, 2014

This is not a negative complaint, it is a valid question. I work for ImedX in Chartscript. I have noticed when I run my line count I see a total for Transcribed and a line count for Edited, but when I look in details there are MULTIPLE JOBS that do not have a work type. Does this mean these lines are not being included in my totals? This is a potential huge problem of underpayment, yet when I inquired to management on several occasions, I got no response whatsoever. They did not even acknowledge ...

Pt Is S/P Repair Of The L Tibialis Anterior With S/l *graft Tracking Augmentation* - ?
Nov 18, 2009

x ...

Shaw Tip
Aug 06, 2013

Another useless tip. ...

OK Shaw...
Sep 03, 2013

"productivity tips"  have finally jumped the shark.  I think most of us who have been doing this job for more than about a week understand that keeping a neat desk and not checking feedback while working are conducive to productivity.  Here's a tip for you: Treat highly skilled and knowledgable workers like valued assets who are able to make choices and decisions on their own, not like robotic drones who have no clue how to get work accomplished.  Otherwise spare us the ...

Another E-mail From Shaw
Jul 17, 2013

I have a feeling MM is the new Nuance.  Shaw is the screw-tightener... ...

Shaw's Tip Number 1.
Aug 04, 2013

One of his tips was: Try something new - Exchange your foot pedal for a keyboard shortcut to toggle your audio! Hmmmm... I don't find a keyboard shortcut to toggle the audio on and off. I only know/find the shortcuts for toggling speed and for toggling tone. I have checked F1. Can anyone enlighten me as to what the audio on/off toggle keyboard shortcut is? I really doubt there is one. Double checking for confirmation. Thanks ...

New Message From Shaw
Aug 13, 2013

available on Intranet.  Changing from 15 down to 6 minutes wait time. ...

S/l Shaw Feed
Oct 10, 2013

s/l shaw feed.  patient first fed via shaw feed, any ideas?  Never heard this one before. ...

What? Shaw Is Leaving Us?
Mar 04, 2015

a "Senior Vice President of Coding Solutions" as well as a whole host of other suit promotions and departures. ...

I Find It Sad That When I Hear Dr. S/l Shaw
May 05, 2013

Typo In Shaw's Email
Sep 12, 2013

Perhaps Shaw should have one of us working for him so he doesn't send out "important" emails like taking everything away from everybody with a typo!!  "You will receive an FAQ document in a separate email to help answer questions you may have."    ...

Shaw Failed His Audit
Sep 17, 2013

Sent out tip number 10 but inserted tip number 9!!!  Too bad we cant take away their bonuses, hey?  Oops... you are now in performance management shaw.  You pay is cut in half and you will now be micromanaged until you poke your own eyes out. Now get to work!!! Mandatory OT for you.  ...

I Love Shaw's New Tip!! So Informative
Nov 19, 2013

Need for speed.  Really love that one.  I can tell Shaw has transcribed multiple times before. ha ha ...

Dissection Tool
Feb 09, 2010

The incision was than carried down to through the skin in subcutaneous tissues and self-retaining retractors were placed while --------- used to carry out the dissection down to the spinous processes from C2-C7.   it sounds like sharpi section--but that is not correct. Any help would be wonderful thanks! ...

HELP! I Lost My Tool Bar - Sm
Mar 18, 2010

I was doing something on the internet in Explorer and I did something that made my toolbar at the bottom go away.  Can anyone help me get it back?  Thanks in advance. ...

Surgery Tool
Jul 16, 2010

s/l Wesip grasper ...

Customizable Tool Bar
May 10, 2015

I've spent days trying out "customizable" toolbars for quick access to links for MT, such as rxlist, acronyms, FDA drugs, doctor finder, etc. None of the toolbars I have tried have allowed customized links except Yahoo which is loaded with bugs and keeps deleting itself requiring re-creation every day or so.  Has anyone found a good way to create one-click links while working other than the Bookmarks? Thanks for any ideas. ...

Shaw's E Mails Literally Crack Me Up!
Jul 23, 2013

These stupid tips he gives in his e mails. Has he ever transcribed a day in his life?? My guess..no! ...

I Wish Shaw Could Be Working My Shift Today.
Aug 29, 2013

I have worked so hard all day, have next to nil inactive time, and still, barely the minimum line count. I would especially like him to do the last report with the horrible scratchy sound with the doctor alternatively blasting out my ears and not talking into the phone, and the horrible output. Ha, ha - spend a day in our shoes. What a challenge :) I doubt he is up for the challenge, though. ...

Hey Shaw, Guess What My Mentor Said After Shadowing Me?
Sep 17, 2013

She said, "retype more". She had nothing else to say after watching me work. I use a lot of keyboard shortcuts, but I can still mouse faster. The secret to being fast on the mouse is learning to use it on the left side of the keyboard so you don't have to reach back and forth past the number pad. It's only mere inches when it is on the left side. I have never found a way to Ctl Alt I with all my fingers on the keys. Again Shaw, spend a day (or better yet, a week) in our sho ...

What Does SHDA And HDS Stand For In Shaw's E Mail?
Sep 20, 2013

I don't understand why we need all these new abbreviations for titles.  ...