A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

You would think that with all the tracking of ASR - dnr

Posted: Feb 04, 2011

mouse clicks and cursor movement, they would be able to tell just how much typing we have to do to fix this mess. But, then, again, I doubt they care, especially as they are getting the work done for 40% off.

mouse clicks - vicki

[ In Reply To ..]
I was just comparing the first report I got to the second one - I tried to cut back on mouse clicks and I did, almost in half, but guess what, it had no effect on my gross lines produced, so why waste the time to generate this stupid report - oh and then my use of navigation keys doubled - well duh - if I'm not using my mouse then I'm using my navigation keys.

tracking of ASR - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
They can track all they want. Get more done with mouse than trying to use their 3-fingered shortcuts. Just hit delete on that message!!! If I read it, I might reply with a nasty message, which I have done in the past. Just to keep my bp down, I just delete them.

Nearly all the keyboard shortcuts are useless, and - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
using the keyboard short cuts a lot results in wrist pain. None of the suggestions for keyboard short cuts are usable for getting where you want. They apparently think that, if you are using the mouse, your hands are off the keyboard and you can type faster with your hands on the keyboard. Well... ASR editing does not work the same as straight typing. If I am going to do ASR documents faster, they have to give me better ASR output. I've been working my fanny off with no distractions this week (95+% ASR) and my net income did not change. Also, none of the cursor or word tracking tools stop where I want it to stop.

Shortcuts - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I find the shortcut keys to be most helpful, BUT, it took a few runs. It's repeat, repeat, repeat, and I think you'll see a change. It's like anything else, the more you do it, the faster you get at it.

Muscle memory. The old muscles are a lot better when - they do not have to run everything through

[ In Reply To ..]
the front brain. My keyboard shortcuts are real enablers, but if I don't like the keys assigned, I used my expander to assign different keys to the shortcuts.
Yep, Muscle Memory - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Agree with muscle memory. Like touch typing. You don't even think about it, the fingers know where to go. In fact, it would be hard for me to even tell someone the keystrokes and what they do, without having a sheet in front of me, but I know what to do when I'm sitting there--with no instructions.
You too? When the muscles themselves forget, I - often have to type it out longhand. :) NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x

ASR tracking is preparing the way for..... - NCMT

[ In Reply To ..]
the big drop in ASR rate to .04 per line for everybody....they can say that they gave us the opportunity to be more productive by tracking us and making suggestions to become faster and more efficient...this is just my paranoia rearing its ugly head,of course!!

totally agree - NJA Queen

[ In Reply To ..]
It is only a matter of time before us old timers and "rich" MTs are forced out and the threat of 4 cpl ASR would pretty much do it. I feel your paranoia and raise you a MQ is preparing the way for upping the minimum lph because they gave us the opportunity to be more productive and those darn MTs aren't reading those emails and learning how to stop using the mouse.

ASR has already brought me down to minimum wage. - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
So, a decrease in cpl won't make a difference to me. If they decide I can't make the minimum lph, then lay me off. Please, please so I can get unemployment.
Sorry, DNR, can't buy that. Time to fix your problem. - Your experience is
[ In Reply To ..]
still a tremendous asset if you decide to be good at this again. What else are you mostly trained for that many other people are earning $40K at? Go get it. 8 hours today, 8 tomorrow, every other commonly corrected term not already in your expander stuffed in as you come to it. You'll make about $2/hour that way initially, but you'll love never typing them out again and next week you'll already be significantly faster. On Wednesday (that's 2/9) pick your most irritating grammar-type correction you make all the time, copy those keystrokes into your expander, and give it a short name. How about MM for more money?

My take on this has been with tracking our mouse - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
clicks and giving us feedback this is supposed to help us make more money (what they tell us) by using shortcuts, etc., even though I'm sure it's so the work gets done faster. Wouldn't it be much easier just to give everyone a raise! Hahahaha!

Similar Messages:

Landesk Is Tracking You
Oct 09, 2014

Landesk is a tracking you. This is what the software does. LANDESK extended device discovery is passive technology that detects network-connected devices in real-time, even if they’re behind a firewall. LANDESK also uses active discovery technologies including SNMP management, ping sweeps, and more. It allows tracking of devices in their network (your computer). ...

Productivity Tracking Methods
Jun 27, 2010

On someone else's recommendation, our boss is looking into "amount-of-time-in-a-document" as a method of tracking productivity.  Anyone else have experience with this?  Are (and if so, how are) variables (i.e., pauses, difficult dictator, etc.) factored in?  Any input most welcome.   ...

Irregularity In Line Tracking
Dec 26, 2014

This is not a negative complaint, it is a valid question. I work for ImedX in Chartscript. I have noticed when I run my line count I see a total for Transcribed and a line count for Edited, but when I look in details there are MULTIPLE JOBS that do not have a work type. Does this mean these lines are not being included in my totals? This is a potential huge problem of underpayment, yet when I inquired to management on several occasions, I got no response whatsoever. They did not even acknowledge ...

Oh Goody, Shaw Has A New Productivity Tracking Tool For Us.
Jul 12, 2013

Whatever my count is, too bad. With the sorry excuse for ASR that we given to edit, let the chips lay where they might. Whatever my line count is, I am doing the best I can - as confirmed by the fact I have next to no nonproductive time showing on my statistics. ...

Pt Is S/P Repair Of The L Tibialis Anterior With S/l *graft Tracking Augmentation* - ?
Nov 18, 2009

x ...

"TRACKING CHANGES AND IDENTIFY ANOMALIES"..Okay, So I Just Watched The Video
Dec 04, 2014

Something like "Audits and controls are being put in place to track changes and identify anomalies in normal production hour history." They mentioned Webclock and the importance to have correct hours. Any of you acute care know what they are talking about. Do I remember someone saying something about downloading a program to track your time at the keyboard, etc, or was that on another forum? ...