A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Hey Shaw, guess what my mentor said after shadowing me? - dnr

Posted: Sep 17, 2013

She said, "retype more". She had nothing else to say after watching me work. I use a lot of keyboard shortcuts, but I can still mouse faster. The secret to being fast on the mouse is learning to use it on the left side of the keyboard so you don't have to reach back and forth past the number pad. It's only mere inches when it is on the left side. I have never found a way to Ctl Alt I with all my fingers on the keys. Again Shaw, spend a day (or better yet, a week) in our shoes.

Hey Shaw, its not so much the keyboard - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Its the crappy ASR and the crappy dictators.

mouse clicks - alas

[ In Reply To ..]
Are they still counting mouse clicks? If not, I'd prefer to use the mouse too, though using it with the left hand is too disorienting for me.

I'm a mouser and do 250-300 lph - not changing...nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I won't give up mouse either - Frustrated MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I average 250 LPH and there is no way I could keep my lines up and be 100% mouse free. I also take my hands completely off the keyboard in between every report and sometimes during a report and just stretch for 15-30 seconds at least. I am not giving myself carpal tunnel or ulnar nerve entrapment for this place! I also get up and move around EVERY hour. I find myself more and more productive that way.

Left-hand mouse. - not a lefty

[ In Reply To ..]
It messes with your mind at first. Make sure you reverse the buttons in the settings (in control panel Windows, not Fluency). That way the fingers are the same, i.e., index finger click on the left hand does the same thing as index finger click on the right.

don't have to use the left hand - just move the mouse to the left

[ In Reply To ..]
when people use any of my computers, it always freaks them out because they are used to reaching waaaay up to the right to find the mouse. I keep my mouse front and center. Yes they are still counting mouse clicks, but I don't care. I do some keyboard commands, and some mouse and I'm plenty fast.

I - am

[ In Reply To ..]
a right-handed mouser and am one of the fastest ones on my team, though that is not saying much. The VR sucks no matter how you do it. I just do what semi-works for me, but very few do excellent at it anyway you do it. The ones that do, it is not because they are using so many keystrokes, it is because they are lucky and have good VR, which is very rare. JMHO

Similar Messages:

Looking For A Mentor...
Oct 23, 2009

anyone interested??? ...

Mentor
Jun 08, 2011

Hi, I am a recent MT grad. Wanted to know if anyone has heard of the aim mentoring program. If it is worth the time and money to obtain experience to help with obtaining employment. Thanks   ...

Needing A Mentor.
Oct 25, 2009

I need a mentor please. I am wanting to become a medical transcriptionist. I would like to pass the RMT exam after school, and the CMT after a few years of experience. ...

Mentor Needed
Feb 23, 2011

I am an MT student of At-Home Professions with a course completion of 76%, and have landed a temporary job with my primary care physician. The job entails transcribing 2,000 patient files for her clients as she closes her practice. I have been told the files will be relatively simple. However, being less than a Newbie I feel I need support and have been told mentoring is a standard practice in the medical transcription profession. Are there any old timers out there who might give ...

Mentor Question
Apr 25, 2012

Will we be mentored in our regular accounts or unfamiliar accounts? ...

Anyone Else Receive A Performance Mentor??
Apr 12, 2012

:) ...

Oh Goodie, I Got An Email Stating I Have A Mentor For ASR.
Apr 11, 2012

ie, the shadow mentoring. They say their methods have been effective in increasing ASR production. We will see... The one good thing is they will get to see exactly how much I have to correct their ASR! It might be more educational for them than me. :) I use all the short cuts provided, but I do listen to every single word. ...

Shaw Tip
Aug 06, 2013

Another useless tip. ...

OK Shaw...
Sep 03, 2013

"productivity tips"  have finally jumped the shark.  I think most of us who have been doing this job for more than about a week understand that keeping a neat desk and not checking feedback while working are conducive to productivity.  Here's a tip for you: Treat highly skilled and knowledgable workers like valued assets who are able to make choices and decisions on their own, not like robotic drones who have no clue how to get work accomplished.  Otherwise spare us the ...

Another E-mail From Shaw
Jul 17, 2013

I have a feeling MM is the new Nuance.  Shaw is the screw-tightener... ...

Shaw's Tip Number 1.
Aug 04, 2013

One of his tips was: Try something new - Exchange your foot pedal for a keyboard shortcut to toggle your audio! Hmmmm... I don't find a keyboard shortcut to toggle the audio on and off. I only know/find the shortcuts for toggling speed and for toggling tone. I have checked F1. Can anyone enlighten me as to what the audio on/off toggle keyboard shortcut is? I really doubt there is one. Double checking for confirmation. Thanks ...

New Message From Shaw
Aug 13, 2013

available on Intranet.  Changing from 15 down to 6 minutes wait time. ...

S/l Shaw Feed
Oct 10, 2013

s/l shaw feed.  patient first fed via shaw feed, any ideas?  Never heard this one before. ...

What? Shaw Is Leaving Us?
Mar 04, 2015

a "Senior Vice President of Coding Solutions" as well as a whole host of other suit promotions and departures. ...

I Find It Sad That When I Hear Dr. S/l Shaw
May 05, 2013

Typo In Shaw's Email
Sep 12, 2013

Perhaps Shaw should have one of us working for him so he doesn't send out "important" emails like taking everything away from everybody with a typo!!  "You will receive an FAQ document in a separate email to help answer questions you may have."    ...

Shaw Failed His Audit
Sep 17, 2013

Sent out tip number 10 but inserted tip number 9!!!  Too bad we cant take away their bonuses, hey?  Oops... you are now in performance management shaw.  You pay is cut in half and you will now be micromanaged until you poke your own eyes out. Now get to work!!! Mandatory OT for you.  ...

I Love Shaw's New Tip!! So Informative
Nov 19, 2013

Need for speed.  Really love that one.  I can tell Shaw has transcribed multiple times before. ha ha ...

Shaw's E Mails Literally Crack Me Up!
Jul 23, 2013

These stupid tips he gives in his e mails. Has he ever transcribed a day in his life?? My guess..no! ...

I Wish Shaw Could Be Working My Shift Today.
Aug 29, 2013

I have worked so hard all day, have next to nil inactive time, and still, barely the minimum line count. I would especially like him to do the last report with the horrible scratchy sound with the doctor alternatively blasting out my ears and not talking into the phone, and the horrible output. Ha, ha - spend a day in our shoes. What a challenge :) I doubt he is up for the challenge, though. ...

What Does SHDA And HDS Stand For In Shaw's E Mail?
Sep 20, 2013

I don't understand why we need all these new abbreviations for titles.  ...

Anyone Have Email Address For King Shaw?
Dec 28, 2013

I am looking for an Mmodal email address for Shaw.  They seem to hide his email like a snake hides in the grass...hmm.... I would like to ask him about ASR and why each time they "upgrade" it, the system gets worse and worse.  I am also going to petition him for our line rates to be increased as this system does not do what he said it was intended to do - make our jobs easier.  The whole reason our pay was cut was because he thought we were making too much money with the new and e ...

Anyone Read Shaw's New Newsletter Tips
Mar 21, 2014

Eye on quality?? Wow..so informative..not! How about an eye on paying professional MT's a decent wage, what about that Shaw??? You get what you pay for ...

Oh Goody, Shaw Has A New Productivity Tracking Tool For Us.
Jul 12, 2013

Whatever my count is, too bad. With the sorry excuse for ASR that we given to edit, let the chips lay where they might. Whatever my line count is, I am doing the best I can - as confirmed by the fact I have next to no nonproductive time showing on my statistics. ...

Can Anybody Guess
Jan 04, 2012

Just came across this VR interpretation.  Can anybody guess what the doc was really saying "History of pepperoni she abandoned" ...

I Guess We Will Need At Least
Mar 09, 2014

Because the second TAA petition is about to expire, and as soon as we all get laid off, then we can get back to school.   ...

Guess What, Another Incentive, Oh Boy!!
Oct 23, 2009

This is getting to be a regular thing.  Barely enough work to go around in my BOB as it is! ...

To All The Newbies And I Guess All MQ MT's.
Jan 23, 2010

I have been with MQ, well. . . , FOREVER unfortunately.  I found out about the board when I was googling something about Medquist about 2-1/2 years ago.  How did you all find out about this board! ...

Anybody Want To Guess What This Is Supposed To Say?
May 03, 2010

He received supplemental oxygen and anti manic amputations by EMS. ...

Guess I Am Not Leaving
Jun 25, 2010

Got an E-mail (isn't that personal, but better than nothing, I guess) that my old hospital has decided not to fill the position "at this time," but will keep my resume for future reference.  New clothes, pedicure, and a lot of stress for nothing.  So my MQ job is looking a lot better today. . .  Maybe next time.  ...