A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

OK Im gonna take one for the team here - what is Verns email?

Posted: Mar 13, 2012

I looked up Vern Davenport in our illustrious email system and it came back as Roger? I forget now,,definitely not Vern..Its time for an email,,,if I lose my job so what, I wont be near as frustrated as I am,,less stress has to be better..

google search reveals - ...

[ In Reply To ..]
An industry leader, spokesman and lobbyist, Roger L. (Vern) Davenport has three decades of senior executive experience in building and transforming ...

thank you - overdone at this point!!!

[ In Reply To ..]
X

If you all would do me a favor please - if you see samples that are wrong

[ In Reply To ..]
Please just stick them under this link with the doctor name and hospital name..
youll get banned if you do that - no names or hospitals allowed
[ In Reply To ..]
Cant help you
Really didnt know that... - thank you
[ In Reply To ..]
what about say...the samples provided by QA for (hospital name) are incorrect in many instances?
what? - you maka no sensa
[ In Reply To ..]
I am not following you at all.
banned for hospital and doc names - I find that hard to be a HIPPA violation
[ In Reply To ..]
I assume that is what they mean to get banned for..no idea
Board rules are that you cannot put hospital names here - read rules
[ In Reply To ..]

probably middle name is Laverne ... :) - now it makes sense .. no message

[ In Reply To ..]
x

look at mmodal page-direct link - skeptical

[ In Reply To ..]
The web site where we check our email- go to the Mmodal home tab and on the right side at the bottom there is a link to "Ask Vern." I myself have been tempted to send him a email or two but I know that he probably has an administrative assistant who deletes these emails before he even sees them. Not discouraging you but just know he will probably never see your email and the ad min will forward your email to your boss. That is what they do in my husband's company. His company too says they want to keep an open dialogue but they run it like a Nazi camp.

thanks for the heads up...Well then fake email address it is - for now..

[ In Reply To ..]
Cant hurt to try..At least I can say I did that much..this crap has to stop..There is always the idea of contacting the news station in the area also??

Oh and I wont waste my time on a big long email - till I know I got Verns ear

[ In Reply To ..]
x

"ask Vern" - mouse

[ In Reply To ..]
I had no fear of letting my thoughts be known to Vern, but have any of you actually clicked on the "ask vern" link? When I do, it tells me I don't have the email set up properly, or some such crap. I really think the "ask Vern" link is only for looks and serves no meaningful purpose.

VERN DAVENPORT - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I wrote him a couple times, complaining about things like ASR, outsourcing, and pay cuts, but was told that I should not use rude language, etc., and he kind of ignored the real points, told me to contact my CCM, etc.

I don't even work for MModal.. - wheres_my_job

[ In Reply To ..]
and I'd like to send him a few emails, and maybe links to a few Occupy MModal videos, based on what I read about MModal here.

Similar Messages:

Tell Ya What I'm Gonna Do! Sm
Dec 18, 2014

As SOON as I quit, which will be very soon, I will be happy to post any emails and replies that I get from Nuance.  I sent my TSM an email about my pay and was basically told to take it up with payroll, so I did.  I'm still waiting for an answer or non-answer from them.  I won't hold my breath though, I don't really look good blue.  I will also go so far as to post the pay tier that was on my last timecard.  Beware the copier and paster Nuance!  Bewar ...

Gonna Try Something New Here
May 17, 2015

The next time I get an error for something that VR should definitely know simply by having "learned" after 5 years of MTs "teaching it" by changing it to the correct term, I am going to request a reversal and fight it to get removed from me when VR consistently gets it wrong and DOES NOT LEARN. Why should I get the error which affects my pay when their program can't get it right after 5000 corrections? Similarly, recently I got a major error because the doctor on my 5th account (not my pri ...

So What's Gonna Happen To All The MME's?
Mar 03, 2010

Has anyone heard, been given notice, going back to MT'ing?? ...

Somebody's Gonna Need A Bail Out.
Sep 02, 2010

Is GE trying to sell this off?  Not sure what this means.  Got it from here:  http://www.iddmagazine.com/news/ge-200m-term-loan-medquist-210101-1.html   GE Shops $200M Term Loan for MedQuist By Richard Kellerhals, Leveraged Finance News August 23, 2010 GE Capital has begun shopping a $200 million term loan for MedQuist, a Mount Laurel, N.J., medical technologies company. Price talk on the term loan is at Libor plus 550 bps, with a 1.75% Libor floor. MedQuist plans to ...

How're They Gonna Wiggle Out Of This One?
Jul 22, 2012

Block & Leviton LLP, a Boston-based law firm representing investors nationwide, is investigating possible breaches of fiduciary duties by the Board of Directors of M*Modal Inc. ("M*Modal" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: MODL) concerning its announced merger with One Equity Partners V, L.P.  JPMorgan Chase & Co. : Block & Leviton LLP Investigates M*Modal Inc. for Possible Breaches of Fiduciary Duties in Connection with Its Proposed Merger with One Equity Partners V, L.P., the ...

If You're Gonna LECTURE US....
May 05, 2015

about petty, reidiculousness such as Addendums and such, and about being "up to date" on all information, please, please, please have your own STUFF together first.  Your instructions you sent to us state "Medquist" rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I call for CRITICAL ERROR, tsk tsk on you "MModal!" I think I will print that email out for my future unemployment file. Pfft.... ...

Probably Not Gonna Make Any Friends With This One, But...
Aug 26, 2011

I'm seeing a lot of these, “I hate my job” threads lately. To be fair, it's mostly aimed at Medquist, and other similar entities, but still.  Gotta keep your chins up guys. As a student, I find these kinds of threads very disheartening. In the very near future I'll be joining the ranks, and I won't lie; I would be tickled pink to be making minimum wage, or any wage whatsoever. A hundred dollars a week would be great for me. Obviously that's not ideal, b ...

Oh Man Already Starting, Gonna Be One Of Those Days
Mar 25, 2012

Started out ready to hit the keyboard running..Trying a new positive attitude..And then you get the dictator from hell...I hate this job ...

It's Gonna Be A Long Day Folks
Nov 23, 2012

nm ...

Gonna Make A Suggestion
Apr 10, 2013

I want to extend a great big THANK YOU to everybody who has posted on this board, both good and bad.  I never took the negativity personally or to heart.  In fact, I considered it a lesson that I needed to learn with respect to the way this industry has deteriorated. That coupled with my sciatica (only when sitting) convinced me that it was time to move on once and for all, which I have. I would like to see others in this industry do the same. The biggest problem for me was findin ...

If I See One More Quality Update Im Gonna Scream
May 18, 2014

I am so freaking sick of this crap..Suspend the coder program because there is too much work? What did you do to make everyone leave should be your first question.. I can give you the answer 99.7% accuracy and daily constant threats of audits. This gets really really old. ...

Gonna Wait 2 Wk & Figure It Backwards
Dec 05, 2014

I saw the video, read the information, went to the meeting. Decided it's not worth stressing at this point, what can I do about it? But for the next 2 weeks I'm going to do the best job I can, as usual, and be a little more careful with my webclock punches.  Then I'm going to use the old plan to track my lines as usual, apply any shift differentials as usual, and calculate my total gross pay as usual. Then when the 26th paycheck comes, I'll look at the gross pay and see ...

Am I Gonna Have A Big Reduction In Pay When My 45 Days Training Is Up? Read On
Jul 13, 2010

I just can't get going fast on these terrible accounts.  I was doing 200 lph ST at my old job and nearly 400 lph VR (on EditScript) and I don't think I will EVER get this fast at MedQuist.  I am really worried that in 2 weeks I will drop down low enough that I either won't get benefits or they will fire me or I will be making minimum wage.    Worried...   Rachel ...

Regarding Transcend: Ooooh This Is Gonna Really Tick People Off!
Aug 14, 2010

Just want to let you know that Transcend has over 2000 employees and for every one of you DISGRUNTLED MTs who regularly post negative, nasty comments about Transcend on this board, there are at least 10 working here who are very happy with employment at Transcend. Get over yourselves people. You will NEVER find a company that has everything you want. You will always find a company that has an issue that you don't agree with or don't like ....get over it....There is not a single softwar ...

Go Team!
Aug 27, 2014

Don't you just love how they try to motivate us to do a good job by emphasizing teamwork and how "important" each of us are as part of a team? Yet the pay is so low you can barely feed yourself or pay the rent? As a result, the team of employees are leaving in droves, at least as soon as they are able to. Certainly not motivated much by mere words not backed up by pay that shows real appreciation. ...

Anyone Else On The Team....
Oct 06, 2014

has to have ability to work on ALL the accounts on the team...I did not count them, but there are like 20....have to be able to work on all of them!!  Oh, and by Thursday of this week, ability to work on all accounts is a must.   This is because some accounts were really understaffed over the weekend and were out of TAT--- Now I ask, did they or did they not have capacity optimization just a few months ago to spread MLS around better to serve the customers?  Yes, they did becaus ...

Already NJA On My New Team
Mar 18, 2015

So much for starting a new POD. I am back to NJA. Also I never hear from my new boss. Why do some of us have to struggle just to get our 40 hours and others get lots of OT.  Also I miss my old boss.  She was great.  ...

Anyone Out There On MC Team - Have You
May 12, 2015

usually get 3 status emails a day but I have not seen any since early yesterday morning.  Wondering if it is just me - maybe I am fired - PLEASE LET IT BE SO!!! ...

How Do I Ask For A Day Off Using Team Work
Dec 15, 2009

Can someone please tell me step-by-step how to request a day off using Team Work?  Thanks. ...

Team Meeting
Feb 25, 2010

Just got email about a "team meeting" next week.  I wonder what it's about?  I don't remembering ever having one of these before in my area.  Maybe we're all going to be told we have to work nights now or our jobs are going 100% outsourced, or maybe we're going to get some actual steady work with the Spheris buy.  ...

Team Leaders
Jun 21, 2012

Sooo, was just wondering what exactly does a team lead do and how much do they make? I am fairly new to Transcend/Nuance, and my regional manager seems to always be the one directing things, emailing, calling you back if you have ??. I really don't have any idea what my team leader is doing other than sending account stats and I think she checks the time sheets for errors. Add to that the fact that I get emails from 3 different team leaders within my region with essentially the exact sam ...

Team Leads/QA/QC
Nov 01, 2012

NOBODY IS AVAILABLE TO ANSWER ANY QUESTION YOU MAY HAVE.  All the sudden no matter who is "on" always has a busy notice up on their status.  How frustrating is this when you work on an account where seems like every other crappy speaker wants things done their way, which contradicts everything else and ultimately makes no sense.  But do you think that anybody would be available to answer a question H NO!!!  All their "changes" to make things better are only making things wors ...

Is It Possible To Transfer To Another Team? Sm
Dec 07, 2012

I want to be transferred to another team to be under another supervisor, and where there is more work.  Has anyone ever done that?  Is it possible, and if so, how difficult is the process?  Thanks in advance. ...

Team Meetings
Jan 11, 2013

I'm interested to know if anyone has had a team meeting with their supervisors? We used to have them all the time. I requested one, but guess they don't want us all voicing our opinions at once, because it was denied. ...

My Management Team Is Gone ... :(
Sep 18, 2013

The TSM and QC person I've worked with forEVVVVER in the west is gone, both of them being moved up into new positions, and dividing their accounts and the entire team of MTs/MMEs has been disassembled and moved to other areas.  I am *terribly* sad about this because they were both absolutely amazing to work for, but I'm glad that I'll be staying in the Western region. My question is about my new TSM here in the West.  Her initials are KP ... anyone working with her?&nbs ...

New Auditing Team
Oct 24, 2013

Alas, our 99.6% audits are no longer being done by our local BOB QA person but by an official MModal auditing team.  I wonder if they are as illiterate as the Mmodal corporate types.  Happy Halloween, now that's scary.  Kind of makes me picture the 3 witches in Macbeth, toiling over a pot of our work, creating mayhem. ...

Who Is Audit Team?
Nov 09, 2013

We have a right to know who is auditing our work and essentially who holds our jobs in their hands.  We also have a right to be able to review our reports that have been audited.  I used to get the links for the reports that were audited, now I just get an email telling me how many mistakes I made, whether they were critical or minor and my score.  I want to be able to listen to the reports that were audited and that I supposedly made mistakes on to see if I agree with the audit t ...

Does Every Team Have That Person Who Gets 300+ LPH
Nov 28, 2013

and 100% QA?  I wonder if that's the rabbit in front of the dogs at the dogtrack to make us run and they don't really exist. ...

Team Interaction?
Mar 18, 2014

For those of you who do or have worked as a remote coder, were you on a "team" of coders?  If so, did you find you were encouraged or discouraged from talking to your teammates?   ...

Team Leaders?
Apr 14, 2014

Are team leaders MTs?  If so, can they cherry pick reports.  Strange the same bad dictators sit all day yet the updates show there is less work available on account. ...