A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Crappy Sound Files - Anna Rose

Posted: Dec 20, 2011

I'm a tier 3 MT who works part time.  I've been pretty much happy with shift, pay, work types, etc., until this past week.  All of a sudden, everything (and I do mean EVERYTHING) is out of TAT, mostly ER reports, and just horrible sound files.  Lots of static, "bubble" sounds, canny sound like you get with speaker phones.  On top of all that, my CCM announced on Thursday she was leaving and was gone on Friday.  First thing new CCM did was whine about all the out of TAT jobs and needing weekend OT.  My shift IS the weekend, so didn't feel I could contribute.  Then I got guilted in an email because I wasn't "contributing to the team."  Geez.  I'm just hating this suddenly.  Not sure my little part-time pay is worth all this crap.  Additionally, love my platform, but learned that we're moving to another in a couple of months.  Can it get any worse?

Dont ever ask "can it get any worse" - ever

[ In Reply To ..]
You could be an elite bouncer... that would be worse. You could get your pay cut... that would be worse.

DO NOT EVER ASK THAT QUESTION OR YOU WILL ANGER THE MT GODS AND BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN.

Whew... ok, now my throat hurts. See, bad things happen when you say "that."

Dear Lord, - Please do not let

[ In Reply To ..]
My CCM leave. Amen.

Yes, it can ALWAYS get worse. I've had some CCMs who sound like yours & I am thankful for my current CCM. Crappy sound files are bad enough without spanking e-mails from the CCM.

New CCM - SillySue

[ In Reply To ..]
Was this the assistant CCM on SE account?

Similar Messages:

Program To Transmit Sound Files?
Nov 30, 2011

Is there an affordable program for transferring sound files with an online transcriber using a USB pedal?  Any recommendations/prices?  Thanks.  ...

Is It Crappy To Send My Ex CMT A Card Wishing Her A Crappy Christmas?
Dec 18, 2009

Anyone Know How To Convert .spf Files (ShortHand) To .txt Files For Autocorrect?
Sep 20, 2012

Thanks in advance!!! ...

Crappy Holidays To Us All
Sep 30, 2010

Just got the email today that effective 10/01/2010, my MTSO (whom I will not name) will no longer be paying holiday pay (aka 1.5 cpl) for any holidays anymore b/c of "the economy." R U *** kidding me? First of all, I thought that the recession was officially over in 2009, but I could be mistaken. Secondly, I know holiday pay and OT and all that is a "perk" and not required by law to pay us, but yet they expect us MTs, er me, to work all major holidays for the same crappy cpl as always ...

5:30 A.m. And STILL Nothing But The Crappy Work Available. Sm
Jul 10, 2013

And by the crappy work I mean ONLY the lowest paying jobs.  This is so totally rediculous.  Of course the lower paying/new jobs at least is work, but that seems to be all that's left anymore.  Can't even get up early and get work. I'm outa here. ...

Why Can't The Indian MTs Do These Crappy- Sm
Oct 04, 2013

Indian dictators and give me some jobs I can understand that don't have to go to QA!!!! ...

Come On Nuance, No Crappy Coffee Cup?
Dec 23, 2011

I know it sounds petty, but at least with OSi you felt appreciated when the mailman brought you the little box with the OSi coffee cup full of Christmas candy and a card.  Now, just another workhoarse .    Thank you Nuance, Merry Christmas! ...

Is It Me Or Are All The Sunday Dictators Just Crappy
Apr 01, 2012

finally over,, brutal day ...

What Is Up With The Crappy Mail System
Feb 26, 2013

Does anything work in this company?? Hey Vern..what is up with the mail? ...

I Want To Punch Nuance's Crappy VR
Jan 08, 2014

That is all. ...

Dear Nuance, Thanks For The CRAPPY New Benefits. Sm
Nov 04, 2011

A $2,500 deductible for individuals? Are you nuts? $5,000 for families? Are you going to give us ANY paid holidays? Or are you going to make it so we no longer get any paid holidays just like the rest of your poor employees? As a publicly traded company, you should be ASHAMED to be offering your employees such lousy benefits. And thank you, Webmedx losers at the top who sold our company to one that is obviously going to make our benefits even more unaffordable in addition to sending a portion ...

Another Day Starting In Tears Because Of Crappy Dictators And
Feb 19, 2014

the stress of having to work under these conditions for pretty much peanuts. I don't know how much more I can take. ...

Lines Per Hour And Crappy Platform. Sm
Mar 16, 2014

I just want to know how to keep lines per hour up if they can't even fix flaws in their software.  This is like expecting a car mechanic to fix a car without the proper tools, like a surgeon without his instruments, like a pianist without a piano, like a photographer without film, like a painter without paint, like a gas station attendant without a pump, like a seamstress without a needle, like a mailman without mail, like a skydiver without a parachute, l ...

Goodbye You Crappy Company. You DON'T Want To Work For Nuance
Nov 22, 2013

I've been gone for a month now.  I feel like bricks have been taken off my chest.  I don't feel the vomit rise in my throat when I checked Fiesa.  I work somewhere else for a little bit less money (about $20 day less), but it is so worth it.  There are companies hiring now. The pay might be a little less than Nuance, but take it.  In other small companies, the people you work for are nice and they care like the company I came from before Nuance.  ...

Crappy New Ins With High Deductable. Paid $120 For Meds Usually Pay $20 For Out Of Pocket. 8( NM
Sep 04, 2012

nm ...

Lousy Dictators - Crappy, Hard To Understand Dictators, Both ESL And English-speaking
May 17, 2014

Today I will make less than half of what I normally get because all I've gotten today are crappy, hard to understand dictators, both ESL and English-speaking.  Seems like all I get lately are the hard to understand, mush-mouth dictators.  Guess Nuance doesn't want their MTs making quota.  Sorry.  I just had to vent. ...

LOL! I Just Heard March 31, 2015 Is "Quit Your Crappy Job" Day!
Dec 03, 2014

I'm not even kidding ... there is actually a "day" for quitting our crappy job.  Here's our chance, guys! ...

DS2 Files
Aug 12, 2010

A large doctor's office I transcribe for is now sending files in DS2 format.  I have been using Express Scribe to open the files as DSS.  Is there any way to convert DS2 to DSS?   ...

.ds2 Files
Jul 20, 2011

What do you need to be able to transcribe .ds2 files? ...

? FTP Files
Apr 13, 2012

Have read several ads using FTP files,  I am not sure I know what this means,   would anyone care to share info if you know.     Ad reads something like,  knowledge of using FTP files.    Thank you ...

Wav Files
Jan 15, 2013

I am not able to use wav files with the above program.  I can only use dig files.   When downloading a wav file, I get an error message that says codec not found or no audio.   Can some one help me with this?   ...

DCT Files
Sep 24, 2013

does anyone know how to open a DCT file!?! ...

Mac And Wav Files
Feb 16, 2015

I have been out of the MT business for a couple of years but had an opportunity to do some parttime work. I have switched to a Macbook Pro and used to use Gearplayer and an Infinity foot pedal. Anyone know of something that would be compatiable with Mac since neither of these are? Also, wondered if my shorthand would work on it... Thanks for any advice.    ...

Old Escription Files
Apr 14, 2010

Can anyone tell me how to bring up old patient files on Escription/EditScript using version 8?  My company just upgraded from version 6 becasue it is not being supported anymore.  There are some changes between the two versions.  They did not give any directions, just said you need to upgrade, so do this.  I would really love to be able to go back and check things sometimes such as medications and previous diagnoses to make sure I hear them correctly, particularly when the sp ...

What's The Best Program To Run DSS Files On?
Aug 01, 2010

I downloaded ExpressScribe but the sound isn't that great.  I'm not sure if it's my file or if there's a better FREE program to download.  The files I'm trying to transcribe are .dss. Don't mean to be cheap, but I don't want to buy a program to test on if I'm not going to need it later. ...

What's The Best Program To Run DSS Files On
Aug 01, 2010

I downloaded ExpressScribe but the sound isn't that great.  I'm not sure if it's my file or if there's a better FREE program to download.  The files I'm trying to transcribe are .dss. Don't mean to be cheap, but I don't want to buy a program to test on if I'm not going to need it later. ...

DS2 VOICE FILES
Aug 10, 2010

Is there a way to convert a DS2 voice file to a DSS file, so I can play it in Express Scribe???? TIA ...

Client Files
Dec 01, 2010

I am saving all my client files from the last 3  months, as I have get to be paid.  What am I supposed to do with these files?  I am not getting rid of them because that is the only proof that I have that I worked for the company.  I am trying desperately to retrieve my monies due, but as of now, nothing.  I worked for 3 months and only received payment for 3 pay periods (5 weeks).  This is a crappy company and I only wish that I had believed all of the negarive pos ...

Windows 7 & .DSS Files
Feb 17, 2011

I had posted before about problems playing files with WAVpedal on my Windows 7, 64 bit computer.  Most of those problems have been resolved (thanks to my IT guy and NOT the tech guy at the software place).  However, I still can't play .DSS files.  I'm seeing elsewhere that I may need a codec or to convert these files in some way.  Can anyone out there explain to me how I'd go about doing this?   Thanks! ...

How Do You Play Mp3 Files
Jan 30, 2012

I downloaded test files and a trial version of the MS Word they want the reports typed in.  I am having problems now figuring out how to play the MP3 files.  Brain freeze, I guess.  Do I have to unzip or do "something" with them to get them to play?  Thanks so much. ...