A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What is the average # of VBCs in a 65-character line with spaces? - If it varies, anyone know the range?

Posted: Mar 06, 2013

x

52 visible black characters (VBCS) - sm

[ In Reply To ..]

Thank you very much - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

What Is The Average Pay Per 65 Character Line
Jan 24, 2012

What is the average pay per 65 character line for a newbie? ...

Does Amphion Pay On A 65 Character Line With Spaces?
Jun 14, 2010

nm ...

What In The World Is A 65-character "virtual" Line With Spaces?
Oct 24, 2009

I saw an ad on a board for a company that pays this way.  I've never heard of a virtual line.  Does anyone know what this is and how is compared to a regular 65-character line? ...

If A MTSO Quotes A Pay Rate Based On 65 Character Per Printable Character Line...
May 20, 2010

does this mean they don't pay for spaces? TIA. ...

Word Perfect 65 Character Count With Spaces
Jan 24, 2010

In Word Perfect, to count characters, you click on properties, word count, and then do you just add up the top two things, Characters and Words, taking that total and dividing by 65?  They are paying 65 character lines including spaces and I cannot remember how to do this.  I have WPX4. Thank you kindly.  ...

Paid For Spaces Versus Black Character Only
Apr 05, 2010

Just as an experiment...With Saince I typed about 12-13 reports, typed one that was 18 minutes long in the midst of the others.  It equaled a little over 400 lines (it was under 420). Now, with a job that pays for spaces, I typed one report 12 min long - 126 lines.  Typing 10 reports, I hit 424 lines. The Saince reports were standard type, most 1-1/2 to 2 pages long...ONLY 400 lines???  Most of the ones I just did this morning for another company were mostly 1 page long, VR, dis ...

Is There A Difference Between A Sylvan 65 Character Line And Using The Line Count In Word - Sm
Jun 15, 2012

to divide by 65 to get the number of lines??? Thanks. ...

LINE RATES - A Company That Offers 7.6 Cpl On A 50 Character Line
Nov 14, 2010

I am starting with a company that offers 7.6 cpl on a 50 character line.  Is this good and what does it equal money wise on a 65 character line rate?   Thanks in advance. ...

Does Anyone Know What 0.08 Line Without Spaces Equals Out To With Spaces?
Nov 25, 2010

Does anyone know what 0.08 line without spaces equals out to with spaces? ...

Gross Line Versus 65 Character Line
Aug 19, 2010

Anyone know if 5 cents per gross line is good or not? Better than 10 cents a 65 character line??   A company is offering this to me & says that at least 1/2 of every report is templated but you still get paid for it.  I make 10 cents a 65 character line with the company I work for at this time.  Please advise so I can make a decision to test or not with them.  ...

Line Rate For 65 Printable Character Line
Jul 19, 2011

When a company states a line rate for  a "65 printable character line" does that mean they do not pay for spaces?    I saw an ad saying they pay the highest in the business, which was about 8.5 cents for 65 printable character line.  That to me says without spaces, as it is not a printable character, so that would be a horrible rate surely not one of the best in the business.  Wonder why there is no respect for our thumbs !!!!   ...

MT Line Became A 65-character Line Instead Of A Gross Line?
Feb 21, 2015

Does anyone remember when, and why, an MT line became a 65-character line instead of a gross line? And what company was responsible for this, if any? ...

So Is A 65 Character Line
Nov 04, 2011

visible characters only?  Thanks! ...

QA Editing At 3 Cpl On A 65-character VBC Line???
Jul 28, 2010

I honestly think this may be the lowest paying position I've ever seen advertised on this site.  QA editing at 3 cpl and only for VBC on a 65-character line? Please, someone tell me I'm not reading this correctly...Please? ...

How Many Words Are In A 65-character Line?
Dec 02, 2010

I just want to know specifically how many words are in a 65-character line?  Thanks in advance ...

NetMed - Pay By Character Instead Of By Line?
May 14, 2011

NetMed.  They pay by character instead of by line?  So, we make at lot less money?  Any thoughts? ...

? RE: CHARACTER LINE COUNT - HELP PLS!
Jul 21, 2011

I've been offered an MT position with 55 characters per line, 80% MT, only 20% VR, but 0.08 cents down from 0.086 -  opinions anybody ASAP? MUCH Appreciated!! ...

PAY BASED ON 50-CHARACTER LINE
Aug 04, 2011

I WAS OFFERED A POSITION AT A COMPANY I CANNOT NAME AT 0.076 CPL WITH A LINE BASED ON 50 CHARACTERS, ALL TYPING, NO VR.  DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS WOULD BE EQUAL TO ON A 65-CHARACTER LINE?  IS THIS AN ACCEPTABLE PAY AS I HAVE NEVER USED A 50-CHARACTER LINE BEFORE? ...

ASR Average Line Count
Jan 26, 2010

I'm just starting ASR and was wondering if some of you could give me an average line count on ASR.  Thanks.  ...

Average Line Count Is Per Day?
Apr 28, 2010

Can anyone tell me what their average line count is per day? (just the total not separated between work type).  Im not trying to be nosey and I don't know who any of you are personally, I'm just trying to get an idea where I stand compared to everyone else here.  I have been at Medquist for many years and seen many changes.  Over the years, my line count has gone up and my pay has gone down.  I am trying to determine if the reason is mostly me or mostly medquist changes and if th ...

How Much On Average Does 8 Cents A Line Come Out To Be?
Jan 27, 2011

Just curious as I have never been paid by the line, how much does getting paid 7, 8, 9, 10 cents a line average out to be.  I realize it all depends on how fast you are but say on average???  What do most companies pay?  Thanks! ...

7 Cents A Line W/o Spaces!!
Oct 24, 2011

There has got to be something better than this!!  Any one know of any companies that pay more than this for subcontractor with 4 years experience? ...

Line Count And Spaces
Nov 30, 2011

Started working for a company just about 2 months ago.  Contract states they pay for a 65 character line including spaces and bolding.  Have been making about 50 lines per hour.  Their system is window XP profession version and it is their computer.  Does 50 lines per hour sound right.  At my worst, at my last job I did at least 100 lines per hour.  There is no way to do a line count in Word on their computer because it is set up the same as in their system.  I ...

Line Rates/spaces
Aug 11, 2012

Does getting paid for spaces add about 2 cents to line rate?  I was getting 10 cpl for an account (not paid for spaces) and then lost that to offshoring.  The new account pays 8 cpl, but paid for spaces, so they say that's equivalent.  Does that sound right?  Is that the average rate now?    Interesting article just stumbled on:  http://mttoolsonline.com/2011/01/26/medical-transcription-theres-just-no-money-in-it/ ...

How Many Characters With Spaces Is A Line, Pls
May 19, 2015

I'm thinking 36, but want to make sure..I was bored today and kept track of pretty much everything I did that I don't get paid for, wish I could include time on google looking up information..But ...

Average Rate Per Line In California
Mar 10, 2010

I am just starting out and am trying to get an idea of what to charge.  Anyone who works in Ca, preferrably northern Ca, have any info for me?  I've heard that the west coast is averaging .10 per line, but I"d like to have an idea of what people are charging locally so that I don't undersell myself! ...

Average Length Of Line Question
Apr 15, 2010

Can all IC and empolyee MT's weigh in on this. Is the average line figured on 65 characters? Does anyone charge the "old" way where a line is a line,  regardless of how many characters it has? Thanks in advance! ...

Line Counts - What Is The Average Lph On VR Escription?
Dec 09, 2012

What is the average lph on VR escription?  Is it true, 700 lph is a possibility?  If so, HOW is that accomplished with accuracy?  I would appreciate any tricks/suggestions to achieving that goal :) ...

Average Line Rate At Nuance (sm)
Dec 20, 2012

With our new line rate starting Saturday, if we do over 12,500 lines we get increase of 2 cpl, means 2500 lines a day or about 320 lines an hour.  Do many of you do this many lines an hour now? ...

Just Curious About Average Daily Line Counts
Jan 16, 2011

I am just curious here. For those of you who work an 8-hour day with lunch break, other breaks, etc, what is your average daily line count? ...