A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Line Counts - What is the average lph on VR escription? - newbie

Posted: Dec 09, 2012

What is the average lph on VR escription?  Is it true, 700 lph is a possibility?  If so, HOW is that accomplished with accuracy?  I would appreciate any tricks/suggestions to achieving that goal :)

As soon as the job comes up, you fast forward to the end - and click send.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

In a nutshell. LOL - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
;)

For 99% of MTs, not possible. Just clever salesman ploy to - sell VR, saying pay can be cut since we SM

[ In Reply To ..]
can edit a job so much quicker than type it.

Makes me so mad, really. Only person on my team of about 50... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
who regularly breaks 400 often has the lowest quality score, around 95% sometimes. How he/she keeps their job, I don't know, just because of their productivity, I guess. Only about 10% are in the high 300s, and you know they can do over 200 lph straight.

How did TPTB ever supposedly come up with these average figures of doubling production, how?! They must have had to at least "pretend" to study the actual rates with some actual transcriptionists at some point, no? And now they surely know that was all a big fat lie, but no chance they'll ever raise the rates to be commensurate with reality now, eh.

Like I said: (ã ãÐã)ã ︵ â»ââ» (flipping desk ... already threw the computer out the window)

There were no studies how much MT can edit. There was just a - salesman saying, This should SM

[ In Reply To ..]
work with the MT just having to make a few sporadic corrections. They should be able to do more lines quicker. Ok, lets tell the facility they can cut MT pay becuase this is so easy, they will be able to edit way more than they can type.

So, that's what happened. Thing is, in the real world, nothing works the way it is suppose to. We women know that. It is men living in a fantasy world that have no clue.

No studies. Just the words, cut pay, save money was all it took. Who - wanted to look at Power Point SM

[ In Reply To ..]
presentations and pie charts, all they had to hear was cut pay, save money.

My supervisor is always telling me all the other MTs are - not only meeting the minimum LPH, but - S.M.

[ In Reply To ..]
also that some of them are doing 400 or 500 LPH. Yet when I ask for proof of this, she just changes the subject. It's BS, and we all know it.
That rates right up there with *no, nobody else is having - a problem* and *you are the only one SM
[ In Reply To ..]
complaining about this*. It is always YOU, nobody else, having an issue. It is all such lies. Another one is *the hospital won't let us pay MTs more than 3 cpl*. The facility doesnt give us a thought, they pay a set price and MTSO divides it up with the biggest portion going to them.
LOL!! I think we DO work at the same place! I've - heard that "youre the only one" lie, too!
[ In Reply To ..]
It doesn't matter whether the "problem" is minimum line requirements, software problems, or QA nitpicking. It's always my fault. Like I'm some kind of an idiot, or something.

I've been in this business a long, long time - - long enough to know for a fact who the REAL idiots are!

pay cut for VR - 99%

[ In Reply To ..]
And that person is probably a slow typist!

Tell me where you get your information that fast VR equals - P

[ In Reply To ..]
a slow typist? I have seen this time and time again here and I just would love to know who thought this up, has a study been done about this or just how did this tidbit get started? I answered another post here about the amount I do and can do on VR. My slowest days are over 400 and those are bad days. Even though they thought I was telling one, told them I keep my foot on the pedal with the audio as fast as it will go and edit as fast as possible. Oh, just for the record, my regular typing speed has been recorded at between 130-140. I also keep my averages up on VR scores, otherwise would have no job. I wish people would have some backup on the tale of you have to be slow in order to be good at VR, phooey!
Yes, there was a study. Many posts here when it came out. Said slow - typists can be fast on VR but fast typist SM
[ In Reply To ..]
cant do VR as fast as they can type. Thus, slow typists can go fast on VR according to the straight typing rate but fast typist cant go any faster on VR than they do typing.
That study must have been done by the - P
[ In Reply To ..]
same people who sold everyone on the VR to start with, you know how much more work would be produced, telling all twice as much (well actually I do do twice as much now, just not the same amount of pay at end of the day). When trained inhouse the people with VR company never told us the slower transcriptionists would be faster than slower transcriptionists. I never heard of this until this board. I could transcribe and keep up with dictation as fast either way, regular or VR work, just the pay is different. I think if you do not have the ability to read and scan at the speed of light, then VR certainly will not work out well for you regardless of typing speed.
No, study made sense. Try googling it, maybe fast typist VR - or something like that. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Just Curious About Average Daily Line Counts
Jan 16, 2011

I am just curious here. For those of you who work an 8-hour day with lunch break, other breaks, etc, what is your average daily line count? ...

Breitner - Information On Their Average Line Counts On EditScript?
Jan 18, 2014

Can any current employees share information on their average line counts on EditScript? TIA ...

Average Line Counts On An 8-hour Shift Doing Speech Recognition?
Sep 23, 2011

What are the average line counts on an 8-hour shift doing speech recognition?  I use Dictaphone/Extext.  I'm producing on average about 240/hr sometimes less. Any info appreciated. ...

Escription - 250 Line Count Minimum - Median Lines Or Average Lines?
Dec 20, 2014

Does anybody know which column companies look at to decide if you are meeting the minimum 250 requirement in Escription? When I look at the metrics there are 2 columns...median lines per hour and average lines per hour. ...

Nuance Line Counts - Required Line Counts?
Jan 01, 2013

Can you tell me what the required line counts are for Nuance please ? ...

IT And Line Counts Vs Other Line Count Programs
Oct 24, 2011

I would like opinions about the IT (Instant Text) line count program? Do you find it user friendly? Are there other programs preferred/easier? Any suggestions or opinions? TIA. ...

Line Counts - An Accurate Line Counter?
Aug 14, 2012

I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of an accurate line counter. I currently use Word, but am not sure if it's accurate.  ...

ASR Average Line Count
Jan 26, 2010

I'm just starting ASR and was wondering if some of you could give me an average line count on ASR.  Thanks.  ...

Average Line Count Is Per Day?
Apr 28, 2010

Can anyone tell me what their average line count is per day? (just the total not separated between work type).  Im not trying to be nosey and I don't know who any of you are personally, I'm just trying to get an idea where I stand compared to everyone else here.  I have been at Medquist for many years and seen many changes.  Over the years, my line count has gone up and my pay has gone down.  I am trying to determine if the reason is mostly me or mostly medquist changes and if th ...

How Much On Average Does 8 Cents A Line Come Out To Be?
Jan 27, 2011

Just curious as I have never been paid by the line, how much does getting paid 7, 8, 9, 10 cents a line average out to be.  I realize it all depends on how fast you are but say on average???  What do most companies pay?  Thanks! ...

What Is The Average Pay Per 65 Character Line
Jan 24, 2012

What is the average pay per 65 character line for a newbie? ...

Average Rate Per Line In California
Mar 10, 2010

I am just starting out and am trying to get an idea of what to charge.  Anyone who works in Ca, preferrably northern Ca, have any info for me?  I've heard that the west coast is averaging .10 per line, but I"d like to have an idea of what people are charging locally so that I don't undersell myself! ...

Average Length Of Line Question
Apr 15, 2010

Can all IC and empolyee MT's weigh in on this. Is the average line figured on 65 characters? Does anyone charge the "old" way where a line is a line,  regardless of how many characters it has? Thanks in advance! ...

Average Line Rate At Nuance (sm)
Dec 20, 2012

With our new line rate starting Saturday, if we do over 12,500 lines we get increase of 2 cpl, means 2500 lines a day or about 320 lines an hour.  Do many of you do this many lines an hour now? ...

What Is The Average # Of VBCs In A 65-character Line With Spaces?
Mar 06, 2013

x ...

What Is AVERAGE Line Count Per Hour For An MT To Type
Aug 17, 2013

Just wondering, what is an Average line count per hour for an MT?  I worked in a pathology office for almost 5 years, but we never kept count of lines per hour.  When we pulled an audit once, we were only typing about 700-800 a day between myself and the lady I worked with.  I had to pull all the slides for the doctor, help with grossing, assist in frozen sections, etc.  I was hired for a job where they want me to type 135 lines per hour, that's ...

What Is The Average Line Count That MTs Can Edit Per Hour?
Mar 26, 2014

Thinking of applying at Nuance, what is the average line count that MTs can edit per hour? ...

Futurenet, Thinking About Applying, Need Average Line Count 8 Hours
Mar 26, 2015

Could some of you give me a general idea of what your daily line count is per 8 hour day on their SR program.  I am a single mom with 2 kids at home and need to know if I can make enough money with their SR program to pay my house payment, food, etc.  ...

OSI Line Counts..
Aug 05, 2010

I was wondering if anyone knows exactly what OSI cuts out of their line counts?  Seeing as they use a remote website for line counts, it is pretty obvious they cut corners with what MTs get paid on.  I was just wondering WHAT are the cutting?  Do they only pay 1 space?  Do they not pay if you copy and paste? Do they only pay on a % per page - meaning if you have little on 1 page you aren't going to get any credit for those lines, etc?  Just curio ...

Line Counts Less?
Sep 07, 2010

Is it me, or does it seem that since 6.1 went into effect, my counts are a lot lower than usual when I check them under statistics. ...

Line Counts And ESL
Nov 12, 2011

I know this has been discussed before, but what is up with these line counts?  I used to have no problem doing 200+ lph.  Now, I work at the same pace on an account with less ESL speakers and I struggle to get my required 150 lph.  I won't even comment on the fact that my straight typing has dwindled away to maybe 10 lines a day...on a good day.  Thanks for listening...this is just all so very frustrating.  I try to keep a positive attitude and be very diligent about my work and ...

Line Counts/KNR
Feb 03, 2012

For MTs with this company, are any of you having trouble meeting the line count required with VBC within a 40-hour timeframe?  I even have expander program.   ...

Ok, Seriously, Regarding Line Counts
Jul 12, 2012

I posted yesterday and had lots of views, but no one replied.  Every time I check a line count in different online "character counters", it is about 10% over my MM count.  What is the most accurate way? ...

ASR And Line Counts
Apr 19, 2013

I was wondering if any of you could tell me your average LPH. Is the ASR at Nuance pretty accurate or are you constantly making corrections? How many lines per day are you able to do? I was offered a job here and I know I can trust you more than the recruiter to tell me the truth. Are the top producers really able to make a decent paycheck? Are you kept on your primary accounts for the most part? TIA. ...

Line Counts Off?
Mar 10, 2014

Is anyone's line count for today WAY OFF??  I've been working all morning and it seems to be waaaaaaaay too low! ...

Line Counts
May 18, 2015

Anyone out there finding that their lines are dropping for no apparent reason?  Have been struggling for 2 weeks to get minimum 150 lph, doing nothing different than I've ever done, same amount of work, same clients, same hours but lines suck.  What are the chances they are messing with our bean counter?? ...

QA Line Counts
Jun 23, 2015

How many lines are reasonable to expect from QA per hour?  Is a flat rate of 0.09/line count a good rate?  Any info would be appreciated! Thanks- ...

DTS America Line Counts
Dec 28, 2009

Does anyone work for DTS America and have problems with descrepancies on their line count? ...

Transtech Line Counts
Feb 05, 2010

I would just like to know who DOES get their line counts in every pay period.  It seems I am always a little short due to low volume?  I hope I am not in the same boat........Thanks for the input! ...

Etransplus Line Counts
May 03, 2010

Does anyone who's recently been hired or who have been there a while tell me what the current line counts are for those who want to be full-time employment status at Etransplus?  I work on VA accounts and was told it was 10,0001 per pay period, but I've been told by one of the office staff that it was 12,000.  I've sent email after email to the supervisors with no response.  Does anyone know?  I just want to make sure I'm hitting the right target.  Th ...