A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Word Perfect 65 character count with spaces - Lisa10198

Posted: Jan 24, 2010

In Word Perfect, to count characters, you click on properties, word count, and then do you just add up the top two things, Characters and Words, taking that total and dividing by 65?  They are paying 65 character lines including spaces and I cannot remember how to do this.  I have WPX4. Thank you kindly. 

Word Perfect line counting - lisa10198

[ In Reply To ..]
Please help me! Thank you.

Answer - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I would think just divide the number of characters by 65 to get a line count. Unless, you are counting spaces and then you might add the words if you consider there would be essentially one space per word. This is also assuming WordPerfect counts punctuation as a character. I think this would give you a pretty accurate count.

Similar Messages:

Being A Word Based Platform, Can't We Use Character Count
Jun 09, 2012

;) ...

Is There A Difference Between A Sylvan 65 Character Line And Using The Line Count In Word - Sm
Jun 15, 2012

to divide by 65 to get the number of lines??? Thanks. ...

Does Amphion Pay On A 65 Character Line With Spaces?
Jun 14, 2010

nm ...

Paid For Spaces Versus Black Character Only
Apr 05, 2010

Just as an experiment...With Saince I typed about 12-13 reports, typed one that was 18 minutes long in the midst of the others.  It equaled a little over 400 lines (it was under 420). Now, with a job that pays for spaces, I typed one report 12 min long - 126 lines.  Typing 10 reports, I hit 424 lines. The Saince reports were standard type, most 1-1/2 to 2 pages long...ONLY 400 lines???  Most of the ones I just did this morning for another company were mostly 1 page long, VR, dis ...

What Is The Average # Of VBCs In A 65-character Line With Spaces?
Mar 06, 2013

x ...

Character Count/line Count
Feb 23, 2011

Is this correct? I type 70,000 characters a day. I am paid by the 65 character line so I would divide 70,000 by 65 to get 1076, then multiple that by pay per line, say $.10 and get $107. If this is not correct then what is the formula? And what is the average number of lines per day? Thanks so much for the info. ...

? RE: CHARACTER LINE COUNT - HELP PLS!
Jul 21, 2011

I've been offered an MT position with 55 characters per line, 80% MT, only 20% VR, but 0.08 cents down from 0.086 -  opinions anybody ASAP? MUCH Appreciated!! ...

What In The World Is A 65-character "virtual" Line With Spaces?
Oct 24, 2009

I saw an ad on a board for a company that pays this way.  I've never heard of a virtual line.  Does anyone know what this is and how is compared to a regular 65-character line? ...

AutoCorrect From Word 2003 To Word Perfect 12
Aug 10, 2012

I'm using both Word 2003 and WP12 and am looking to transfer/copy my auto correct/quick words from Word into WP - any suggestions? ...

Line Count And Spaces
Nov 30, 2011

Started working for a company just about 2 months ago.  Contract states they pay for a 65 character line including spaces and bolding.  Have been making about 50 lines per hour.  Their system is window XP profession version and it is their computer.  Does 50 lines per hour sound right.  At my worst, at my last job I did at least 100 lines per hour.  There is no way to do a line count in Word on their computer because it is set up the same as in their system.  I ...

Anyone Out There Still Using Word Perfect?
Jan 05, 2012

I'm an IC, at present have two accounts, and have used WP for 24 years (WP X3 in the last five).  However, because of changes coming down the pike, I think I should probably finally sit down and really learn Word (I have Word 2007). I just thought I'd ask here before I take a class on Word:  Are there any medical transcription shortcuts/secrets I should know about that I wouldn't learn in a class?  For instance, is it possible not to use the mouse?  Are there ...

Need Word/character Counting Software
Jul 15, 2013

Can anyone recommend a word/character counting software? Have used Sylcount Gold IV for years but it keeps bombing on me and I have upgraded and paid countless times. The help line is of minimal help. Thanks for anyones suggestions. Jean ...

Spellcheck On Word Perfect
Feb 08, 2010

Question...on Word Perfect, if you use spellcheck and have some "shortcuts" created, i.e., "DD:" to expand to "Dictated by" how can you keep it from expanding it as it goes thru the document?  Hope this makes sense.   Thanks!! ...

Ine Count Program That Works With Word And Doesn't Count Blank Lines?
Feb 18, 2012

Does anyone know of a line count program that works with Word and doesn't count blank lines? ...

Word 2010 Character Spacing Problem Question. . .
Apr 17, 2011

I now have a new computer and I am using Word 2010 to send files to the lady I work for, where I previously used Word 2003 - she says when she receives my files now the spacing between words is a lot, not normal, when it looks totally normal on my end, I don't know how to fix this, may have to go back to using the old computer and Word 2003, but that makes no sense.  Anyone know how to fix this? ...

If A MTSO Quotes A Pay Rate Based On 65 Character Per Printable Character Line...
May 20, 2010

does this mean they don't pay for spaces? TIA. ...

How Can I Macro Word To Elimate Spaces---
Dec 16, 2010

I am editing using a word based program and the text populates with spaces in between the ROS and PE sections every time.  I have to manually go to each line and eliminate the space.  My hand is taking a beating.  I would like to know if I could find a function that when I highlight that section would make that particular space one between each line instead of two.  I hope I am explaining this right.  The spaces right now are 2 spaces in between each section.  ...

Disabling 2 Spaces After A Period In Word 2003
Feb 01, 2011

I know I've done it before, but it's been so long since I've had a new computer that I've forgotten how. Anyone know?? Thanks. ...

10 Cpl With No Spaces, Is That A Good Wage Or No? I Have Always Been Paid With Spaces, Thx, Nm
Jun 03, 2011

nm ...

Best Way To Count Lines In Word?
Mar 08, 2010

What is the best way to count lines in Word? Thanks you ...

Good Word Count?
Oct 03, 2014

Hello, everyone.  I am currently two years as an IC for a company (I'd rather not name) and am kind of unsatisfied.  I can make my own hours, which is a plus, but the pay is VERY low.  I am thinking of shopping around but I don't know if my word count is good enough to count as average, above or below.  My average is 350-400 lines an hour edited or 150ish lines an hour standard (as you all know, this depends on what doctors I get for the day).  I am currently b ...

Need A Word/line Count Program
Jul 14, 2010

Any help, advice, need a word/line count program. Free if possible until I get established with job. ...

Word Line Count Software
Jul 25, 2011

I have been using Sylcount the past year.  If I do computer updates, which generally occur once a month, it seems to make things not work correctly.  Could you suggest other line counting software that you use, please?  I might like to switch.  Thank you. ...

Does Anyone Know What 0.08 Line Without Spaces Equals Out To With Spaces?
Nov 25, 2010

Does anyone know what 0.08 line without spaces equals out to with spaces? ...

Line Count Issues With PractiCount And MS Word
Nov 12, 2012

I am having a problem with line counts. I am having a problem with PractiCount and even the line counting program in MS Word. I have a document that clearly is 37 lines by eye but both programs are counting it as 45, any ideas? Also, if someone could explain the difference between 55 character line and 65 character line??? Which is more popular with MTs? ...

Need Line Count Program Compatible W/ MS Word 2007
Jan 10, 2012

I am looking for a line counting program that counts gross lines.  I used to use Abacus, but it no longer functions properly, and it seems that the company is out of business.  Can anyone recommend?  Needs to be MS Word 2007 compatible.  Thanks! ...

Good Line Count Software Form MS Word 2000
Oct 31, 2009

Does anyone know of a good line count software form MS Word 2000 that you can count multiple files with? ...

MSWord "Word Count"
Jan 20, 2011

Does anyone know how MSWord calculates it's lines in the "Word Count" feature under the Tools category?  I took the number of "characters with spaces" and divided that by 65 and got a totally different number of lines than what was listed under their "Lines" category, so they obviously don't use a 65 char line and I can't seem to find any information on their website about this.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  ...

Line Count - Is MTStars Flash Count And/or Abacus Equivocal
Feb 27, 2010

I usually use the line count built into the Word program itself.  Is MTStars flash count and/or abacus equivocal ??  Any one program better than the other ??  TIA ...

*bases* Hemoglobin 9.5, White Count 8.1, Platelet Count 208,000
Nov 08, 2012

On admission *bases* hemoglobin 9.5, white count 8.1, platelet count 208,000, and normal BUN and creatinine. Does this make sense? Should it be basis? This is under Laboratory Data for a Discharge Summary. ...