A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

QA editing at 3 cpl on a 65-character VBC line??? - Please tell me I am misreading this

Posted: Jul 28, 2010

I honestly think this may be the lowest paying position I've ever seen advertised on this site. 

QA editing at 3 cpl and only for VBC on a 65-character line?

Please, someone tell me I'm not reading this correctly...Please?

serously! - disgusted

[ In Reply To ..]
I KNOW, it is insane..they want our 10+ years of experience but pay pennies for it!!

I was offered 3 cpl from Proscript - Me

[ In Reply To ..]
and I never called or took their test either. The recruiter hammered me with emails for the great opportunity she was presenting to me. What a waste

3 cpl because you can go faster, so YOU get - AT

[ In Reply To ..]
less per line, while the doctor and everyone else gets more. Who really benefits from VR? Docs can still slurr and not know English and now get even more done and 'moe money' We have to be happy with "just having a job and pennies from Heaven!!" OH, let's not forget that the linecount is raised too because we can go faster on VR!

For pay like this, they should probably hire someone from India - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

It's a VA account. Most likely lots of work, but - lower contract price.

[ In Reply To ..]
x

NOT A VA. REALITY. PLUS NO WORK - AT

[ In Reply To ..]
You get this because the services now say you can go faster with voice recognition A N D you are not typing as much...so...they can get the most profit. Win/win for the doc and the company. YOU now, the MT, YOU are also ON CALL for 3cents. IF the doc wants it edited or if he does it himself. But, also remember THEY guarantee 2 hour turnaround. Lose/lose all the way around for the MT.

Similar Messages:

If A MTSO Quotes A Pay Rate Based On 65 Character Per Printable Character Line...
May 20, 2010

does this mean they don't pay for spaces? TIA. ...

Is There A Difference Between A Sylvan 65 Character Line And Using The Line Count In Word - Sm
Jun 15, 2012

to divide by 65 to get the number of lines??? Thanks. ...

LINE RATES - A Company That Offers 7.6 Cpl On A 50 Character Line
Nov 14, 2010

I am starting with a company that offers 7.6 cpl on a 50 character line.  Is this good and what does it equal money wise on a 65 character line rate?   Thanks in advance. ...

Gross Line Versus 65 Character Line
Aug 19, 2010

Anyone know if 5 cents per gross line is good or not? Better than 10 cents a 65 character line??   A company is offering this to me & says that at least 1/2 of every report is templated but you still get paid for it.  I make 10 cents a 65 character line with the company I work for at this time.  Please advise so I can make a decision to test or not with them.  ...

Line Rate For 65 Printable Character Line
Jul 19, 2011

When a company states a line rate for  a "65 printable character line" does that mean they do not pay for spaces?    I saw an ad saying they pay the highest in the business, which was about 8.5 cents for 65 printable character line.  That to me says without spaces, as it is not a printable character, so that would be a horrible rate surely not one of the best in the business.  Wonder why there is no respect for our thumbs !!!!   ...

MT Line Became A 65-character Line Instead Of A Gross Line?
Feb 21, 2015

Does anyone remember when, and why, an MT line became a 65-character line instead of a gross line? And what company was responsible for this, if any? ...

So Is A 65 Character Line
Nov 04, 2011

visible characters only?  Thanks! ...

How Many Words Are In A 65-character Line?
Dec 02, 2010

I just want to know specifically how many words are in a 65-character line?  Thanks in advance ...

NetMed - Pay By Character Instead Of By Line?
May 14, 2011

NetMed.  They pay by character instead of by line?  So, we make at lot less money?  Any thoughts? ...

? RE: CHARACTER LINE COUNT - HELP PLS!
Jul 21, 2011

I've been offered an MT position with 55 characters per line, 80% MT, only 20% VR, but 0.08 cents down from 0.086 -  opinions anybody ASAP? MUCH Appreciated!! ...

PAY BASED ON 50-CHARACTER LINE
Aug 04, 2011

I WAS OFFERED A POSITION AT A COMPANY I CANNOT NAME AT 0.076 CPL WITH A LINE BASED ON 50 CHARACTERS, ALL TYPING, NO VR.  DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS WOULD BE EQUAL TO ON A 65-CHARACTER LINE?  IS THIS AN ACCEPTABLE PAY AS I HAVE NEVER USED A 50-CHARACTER LINE BEFORE? ...

What Is The Average Pay Per 65 Character Line
Jan 24, 2012

What is the average pay per 65 character line for a newbie? ...

Does Amphion Pay On A 65 Character Line With Spaces?
Jun 14, 2010

nm ...

What Is The Average # Of VBCs In A 65-character Line With Spaces?
Mar 06, 2013

x ...

What In The World Is A 65-character "virtual" Line With Spaces?
Oct 24, 2009

I saw an ad on a board for a company that pays this way.  I've never heard of a virtual line.  Does anyone know what this is and how is compared to a regular 65-character line? ...

Line Rates Like 3 Cpl For Editing
Jan 04, 2010

I am looking at ads here and keep seeing things like 3 cpl for editing.  Who could work for that rate and why?  These MTSOs really need an awakening.  No one should work for 3 cpl.  Is there anyone who does editing for that kind of rate and actually earns a living?  I say more MTs need to stand up for themselves and say no to this.  Just sayin'.   ...

Is Anyone Willing To Share Companies That Pay More Than .04/line For Editing - Please Nm
Jan 07, 2010

. ...

.03¢ A Line VR Editing
Sep 29, 2010

Was just trying for a job with a company, sent my resume, asked me what hours I was looking for, how much experience I had and then dropped the bomb that they only pay 3¢ a line for VR editing.  Is there anyone out there making a decent wage doing editing for so little?  ...

2 Lines Of Editing Equals 1 Line For Payment
Sep 22, 2010

For those of you thinking of going with FN out of California, when you get your employment package, you will find that 2 lines of work equals 1 line of editing--in other words, you must do twice as much work to get paid for a line of editing.  Of course, you do not find that out until you have invested time and interest with this place.  ...

Line Rates For Editing Has Become Ridiculous - We Need To Make A Difference NOW!
Jan 07, 2010

So, here it goes -- We all know the medical transcription industry has really gone downhill with regard to our pay.  I currently just lost about $10/hour to change to editing and I have been doing it for several months hoping that it would get better, but it has not.  This is just crazy to me.  You still need the same amount of knowledge to create an accurate medical report.   I do not know about everyone else, but the reports I am seeing coming ...

Fast Chart - Is It Possible To Make Any Money Doing Editing For 0.03 A Line?
Feb 15, 2011

Is it possible to make any money doing editing for 0.03 a line?  I was offered a position with them and it is 90-95% editing.  I have never done editing before and am just wondering if it is something that is worth trying.  It is only part-time.  I have been trying to find something, but I am not having any luck.  TIA ...

Character Count/line Count
Feb 23, 2011

Is this correct? I type 70,000 characters a day. I am paid by the 65 character line so I would divide 70,000 by 65 to get 1076, then multiple that by pay per line, say $.10 and get $107. If this is not correct then what is the formula? And what is the average number of lines per day? Thanks so much for the info. ...

Paid By Character
Jul 13, 2012

Does anybody out there get paid by the character?  Are you making a living doing it?  I'm not.  I'm so broke it's pitiful.  Most dictations are very short and no money to be made there.  Quality is out the window also.  Just needed to vent. Sorry. ...

Does Anyone Know About K & R Consulting? They Pay 65 Character VBC.
Jul 23, 2012

The daily line count is kind of high considering they don't count spaces if I understand VBC correctly. ...

Per Character Pricing
Jul 29, 2014

Just found out company has sold transcription account to Acusis.  What is the formula for figuring out how much per billable characters equal an hourly rate?  I'm going from hourly to per character and have no clue how to figure out what is a good price to keep my current income level.  I type about 130 lines per hour. ...

VBC (visible Black Character)
Jan 02, 2010

When did this start to happen??  By my calculations, you stand to lose 20-30% of your income.  If you have to type a space, why wouldn't you expect to be paid for it???  For me, VBC stands for "victim by choice," which I refuse to be. ...

Figuring Out Rate Per Character
Aug 22, 2014

Does anyone know how to figure out what the rate per character would be if pay is 14 cents a line at 70 characters per line? ...

Website Says Pay Is 65 Character Lines With Expander
Nov 04, 2009

.nm ...

Need Word/character Counting Software
Jul 15, 2013

Can anyone recommend a word/character counting software? Have used Sylcount Gold IV for years but it keeps bombing on me and I have upgraded and paid countless times. The help line is of minimal help. Thanks for anyones suggestions. Jean ...

Word Perfect 65 Character Count With Spaces
Jan 24, 2010

In Word Perfect, to count characters, you click on properties, word count, and then do you just add up the top two things, Characters and Words, taking that total and dividing by 65?  They are paying 65 character lines including spaces and I cannot remember how to do this.  I have WPX4. Thank you kindly.  ...