A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nice comment from doctor - Happy MT Robin

Posted: May 11, 2010

Just finished a consult from one of my docs, and he's a little hoarse today, but not bad and at the end he says "and apologies to the transcription ladies.  I know my voice is not necessarily the best for dictating today, and thanks for bearing with me."

It sure is nice when they acknowledge that there is actually a person on the other end who is listening to them.

I love it when they do that - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I had one OBGYN at my last job who always said "Thank you, have a nice day, and God bless." at the end of all his dictations. He stopped doing it for a while and we thought maybe he was reprimanded for saying God bless or something, but he started back up again, so I don't know what happened with that. He was a good dictator too. I miss that guy.

I remember one like that... - CrankyOldBroadOnTheBeach

[ In Reply To ..]
It was one of the WORST ESL dictators I had EVER transcribed... and then at the end, he said, "Thank you for your trouble to take this dictation, God bless you, please."

And I decided I liked him after all. ;)

Dictator comment- sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I had one that started the day by saying "Good morning, you look lovely today!" Made me smile every morning.

I have a few - Marine Mom

[ In Reply To ..]
I have one that says "Thanks and have a good day".

I have another one that apologizes and she has to go back up and change things and she says "sorry about getting that out of order".

Then I have one guy who cracks me up all the time. He will ask you questions about the patient....like you can actually answer him!! He's hilarious

I had a radiologist who did that - me

[ In Reply To ..]
He would tell me the whole back story to the patient (luckly I was paid hourly). "By the way transcriptionist... it says here the reason this guy is having a right upper extremity x-ray is because he tried to jump from the roof of a house into a pool and missed... oy vey" or something along those lines. Totally cracked me up. He'd make jokes and was a total goob.

I had another radiologist on the night shift dictate each report in different accents depending on the patient's name. If it sounded Russian he'd dictate in a Russian accent, if it sounded like a souther belle name he'd dictate in a southern accent. Kept me on my toes ;-)

I love stories like these - Happy MT Robin

[ In Reply To ..]
It's so easy to get bogged down in the negativity, so I love hearing the funny stories and good times from everyone.

Thanks for sharing!

I have one really nice dictator too - makes my day every time

[ In Reply To ..]
First of all, he's a really good dictator. But at the end of his dictations, he never fails to say "Thank you so much for taking the time to do this dictation for me." Makes me smile every time.

Similar Messages:

Nice Doctor
Jul 25, 2014

Just had to share this. Had a 35 minute report on Escription. The doc was very easy to understand, but extremely thorough. After he was finished dictating, he said "I hope you and your family have a nice week. Thank you for transcribing this report. Goodbye" I actually got tears In my eyes. lol. It is not too often you feel good after a report. Just had to share. ...

If We Put Something In The Comment Box Without
Mar 27, 2012

checking the QA box, it does not go through QA, right?  I know we are not supposed to put in disparaging remarks, but would "speak up" or "stop mumbling" be considered a disparaging remark? I am so tired of these docs who mumble and cannot be understood...how else will they know we can't hear/understand them if we can't tell them...all they see is the nice finished product not what we have to go through to get them that.    ...

Please Comment On
Jan 21, 2015

about MTs being outsourced.  Scroll down to the bottom to add your comment.  http://www.harlandaily.com/news/news/151371514/ARH-outsourcing-jobs ...

Comment No. 12 At Pittsburgh
Sep 03, 2013

is priceless! ...

ITS - Can Anyone Comment On This Company?
Aug 01, 2014

Any information on this company as far as line counts, pay, etc.  Would appreciate it.  Thanks! ...

A Comment On The Swamp Board -- Sm
May 13, 2010

Okay, so in my experience in trying to be compliant on making up time and "switching" swapping time when I had a funeral to attend.   No problem picking up the times, but here is what happens.   When I have had NJA or something happened which required a 30 min here or there I wanted to pick up and make up the hours.   Well, in theory it would seem to be good; but in reality it ADDED hours to my schedule and kept my original 24 hours per week.   This "swap" ...

Audits Posts Comment . . .
May 20, 2010

or am i getting the feeling that after reading some of these posts that certain ones are "targeted" to have regular audits.  have you done something in the past that puts on a "special" list that you are audited on a regular basis?  I have worked for the Q was not audited before (that I know of).  I have been audited twice now in the last couple of months and have passed, but did I do something to become a "chosen one?"  hhhmmmmm ...

Comment On Meridian And Their Chartnet
Mar 26, 2012

Can anyone comment on Meridian and their Chartnet, ability to earn, insurance, pros and cons?  Thank you :) ...

Accentus Employees Comment Please.
Nov 05, 2012

what is the work situation so far there now? Notice they posted job opening. I need a job before I lose my mind completely. ...

Can I Make A Comment About The Test Itself?
Mar 11, 2014

I don't see anyone talking about the test itself or working coders or coding students bringing it up, so I will. I went to school for coding, got certified and could not find a job. That aside, the A and P portion of my schooling was extremely intense. I have been an MT for 15 years and I had no idea how lacking my knowledge of A/P really was. I figured just because I was an MT, it would be easy. Boy was I wrong. I would encourage you not to take this test lightly. BTW, I am part-tim ...

CAN ANYONE COMMENT ON SOFTSCRIPT TO WORK FOR
Mar 24, 2014

Posts are from 2008 and up.  Does anyone work for Softscript right now that can share information about this company?  Straight typing or editing.  What is the pay?  Is there plenty of work?   How much ESL?   Thanks much! ...

Question About Comment Seen On This Board
May 18, 2014

I've seen people say drs are fed up with VR. Specifically, how would the poster know that and know it is happening on a broad scale? ...

Overheard A Doctor Telling Another Doctor...
Oct 15, 2010

20 years ago when the DRG's hit the hospitals, one  was complaing to the other... "they treat doctors like a bunch of old dogs now".  Well, that's how  MTs are being treated now.  Why on God's green earth do the MT services require all MT's to work at least one weekend day every week (Friday's and Monday's  don't count). Every ad I see on the Job Seeker board requires weekends.  Are they sadistic or something.  Why do we put u ...

I Have To Comment On The Below Posts About Not Getting Paid For Standards...
Jan 06, 2010

I'm going to test this out myself the next time I use one.  If this is true, sure would explain my slightly plummeting line count from usual no matter how hard I try.  That would be some BS for sure.   Makes you wonder why they make that "rule" that we are not allowed to make our own expanders from their standards!!!!  AHA!  Well, they have no way of knowing, so that is EXACTLY what I am going to do if I find out we aren't compensated for those standards. ...

I Would Like To Comment On The Use One Space After A Period At The End Of A Sentence.
Sep 09, 2010

Over and over on these boards I read angry and disgruntled posts from MTs about how they feel it is only due to greed on the part of their MTSO, or due to some conspiracy carefully crafted by AHDI, that requires one space after a period at the end of a sentence.  One period after the end of a sentence is not strictly an MT standard.   Everywhere in media, print journalism, and academia one space between sentences has become the norm. This, ...

Interesting Comment About Transcend For Investors From
Oct 23, 2010

"SADIF Investment Analytics, announces a new summary due diligence report covering Transcend Services, Inc. (TRCR). The report uses SADIF's powerful StockMarks™ stock rating system and contains important analysis for any current or potential Transcend Services, Inc. investor. Report Summary: Transcend Services, Inc. is a below average quality company with a neutral outlook. Transcend Services, Inc. has strong business growth and is run by efficient management. The trend in Transcend S ...

Can Anybody Comment On Radiology Work At M*Modal?
Jan 08, 2013

Can anybody comment on whether there is steady work or not?  I was told they have plenty of radiology accounts to keep me busy nonstop any hours of the day. ...

To QA: I Got A Comment Back Stating To Place The QA Marker
Jan 04, 2010

I always thought I had been doing that, but I got this message more than once, so I'd like to see if any QA here can clarify this.  CCM has no idea what she means ????  I always understood to place the QA marker right where I hear the blank and that is what I thought I was doing.  Any suggestions or comments as to what could be happening?  I don't want to make the QA's job any more difficult than it already is.....  TIA..... ...

Any Current Employees At Keystrokes Care To Comment
Oct 24, 2012

Any current employees at Keystrokes care to comment on how things are there these days?  ...

Meridian Healthcare Solutions - Care To Comment On How It Is Today?
Oct 30, 2012

Any current Meridian employees out there that care to comment on how it is today? Thanks in advance. ...

OTI: How Would You Like To Respond To The Recent Work Flow Email And Comment?!
Nov 29, 2013

Does A not realize most of us were celebrating Thanksgiving with our family and giving no thought to OTI?!!!!!!! ...

You Know What Would Be Nice......
Jul 19, 2010

is if people in this company would actually do what they say they will do.  I have had 3 different people promise me things and never heard again from any of them.  I didn't ask for the moon, just help. ...

SO NICE TO KNOW.....
Dec 25, 2012

that our supervisors are NO WHERE TO BE FOUND on IM today, while we are sitting here waiting for ANYTHING to come in.  BAH HUMBUG. ...

Can't Anyone On Here Just Be Nice!
May 09, 2014

Why do only the people who have nothing good or helpful to say the only ones who are on here posting messages. If you don't have anything relevant or nice to say, do us all a favor and keep your trap shut! There is no provocation for attacking someone just because they said that being an auditor lets them enjoy having sick days and holidays off and then questioning their ability to do their job. I was an MT for many, many years, so I was in the same boat you all are now and even wors ...

Please Be Nice . . .
Mar 04, 2015

Having a "senior" moment.  Found out my hire date is incorrect and need to correct this.  They have left off a large amount of time.  How do I contact HR? TIA. ...

Must Be Nice
Mar 28, 2015

for the managers, TSMs, PCs, whatever to have the weekend off while we work our "MOT."  Once again I have not received a single email.  So that makes this day 3 or 4, I can't remember anymore, with no contact from MM.  Wonder if we are backlogged?  Does MOT end tonight at midnight since that's when a new pay period begins? What the H E double hockey-sticks is going on MM???  ...

Wow That Was Nice
Jun 24, 2015

at the end of the report. "Thank you so much for doing my dictation, have a great day" Sometimes the little things count. ...

Something Nice For Fellow MTs.
Jul 21, 2010

STONE TWO FRIENDS WERE WALKINGTHROUGH THE DESERT .DURING SOME POINT OF THEJOURNEY, THEY HAD ANARGUMENT; AND ONE FRIENDSLAPPED THE OTHER ONEIN THE FACETHE ONE WHO GOT SLAPPEDWAS HURT, BUT WITHOUTSAYING ANYTHING,WROTE IN THE SAND ,TODAY MY BEST FRIENDSLAPPED ME IN THE FACE .THEY KEPT ON WALKING,UNTIL THEY FOUND AN OASIS,WHERE THEY DECIDEDTO TAKE A BATHTHE ONE WHO HAD BEENSLAPPED GOT STUCK IN THEMIRE AND STARTED DROWNING,BUT THE FRIEND SAVED HIM.AFTER HE RECOVERED FROMTH ...

It's So Nice To Not Have To Check That Box At The End
Sep 09, 2010

so many times i've cursed because i was at the end of my shift but i forgot to check the box and had to do another one ...

The Recruiter Is *ALWAYS* Nice
Dec 02, 2011

After some coworkers and I applied for positions with a different company, I was floored by how many went on and on about the recruiter being "so nice" and how that translated -- in their minds -- into a reflection of their immediate supervisor and everyone else within the company. OF COURSE the recruiter is nice!  If she weren't personable and didn't have that type of personality, most likely she would not be in the position of recruiter.  Only the WORST managed companies ( ...