A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

To QA: I got a comment back stating to place the QA marker - right at the area in question....

Posted: Jan 04, 2010

I always thought I had been doing that, but I got this message more than once, so I'd like to see if any QA here can clarify this.  CCM has no idea what she means ????  I always understood to place the QA marker right where I hear the blank and that is what I thought I was doing.  Any suggestions or comments as to what could be happening?  I don't want to make the QA's job any more difficult than it already is.....  TIA.....

I'm not QA but . . . - Euro sepsis

[ In Reply To ..]
I have left QA markers, even rewinding and waiting until I got to exactly where the questionable dictation was before placing it. When I finished the report and went back to try to listen again, I've had a few that were way off (I had to listen to the complete sentence before it again). I tried to start noticing if there was a pattern, thinking maybe the doc was dictating really fast, but I still haven't come up with anything. I don't know why it does it for some markers but not others. It's interesting that someone else is having the same problem. I'm curious as to what could be happening.

QA Marker - TedEBear

[ In Reply To ..]
I wonder if you have the audio setting at a different speed than the QA person. That would make a difference.

You have to make sure the audio slider is at the exact point where - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
the blank is so that when they jump to it, the audio goes to the correct place. Some MTs just leave the audio position at the end of the report or wherever when they insert their markers, and that's a no-no.

Similar Messages:

Does Anyone Know What A <non-s> Marker Is??
Sep 28, 2010

Have not seen them before today and I was just wondering.  I think they stand for nonsense.... ...

Skip Marker
Feb 16, 2010

what is causing my skip marker to stay in the report after the ADT info is skip marked.  ...

Has Anyone Encountered </non-s/> Marker
Sep 16, 2010

in DQS 6.1. Seems to be wherever the dictator pauses or says mmm. Do we leave it there or what. ...

QA Marker Vent
Nov 02, 2010

Had a report with 4 QA markers -- anything over 2 markers has to be sent to QA.  Once again, they couldn't hear it either and sent it with 4 markers.  It probably sent me over the 5% submission rate, and I will get docked for it.  Why can't QA get docked 1.5 cpl and me 1.5 cpl since NEITHER ONE OF US COULD HEAR IT????? ...

For Cancer Marker: Is It CA15-3 Or CA 15-3 ??
Aug 26, 2010

:) ...

Whatever Happened To The Redundant Marker?
Sep 05, 2010

xx ...

Tumor Marker Question
Nov 14, 2012

Dictated "CEA was elevated at 29, CA 15.3 at 1938, and CA 27.29 was elevated at the outset at 2243." My questions are regarding the CA 15.3 of "1938" and the CA 27.29 of "2243." Should they be "19.38" and "22.43" or "1938" and "2243"? When I'm googling the reference ranges for CA 15.3, a value of 19.38 doesn't seem to be elevated; neither does a value of 22.43 for CA 27.29. But.. 1938 and 2243 seem awfully high. Can someone please help me with this? Thanks!!! ...

Spacing After Q/A Marker Period.
Jun 17, 2015

Don't want to call support if I don't have to -- does someone know how I can make the period after a Q/A marker stay put when I key in spaces?  Right now, it moves along putting the spaces in front of the period.  Growl!!! ...

When Filling In A Marker, Any Way To Stop That First Word From
Nov 17, 2012

x ...

Doctor Is Stating
May 23, 2011

"dermaclens" or "dermaclenz" ????  I can find a Derma-Clens when I google but it is used by vets.  Any suggestions?  TIA.  ...

Why Are They Job Posting Stating Up To 12 Cpl
Apr 18, 2015

I just saw a job ad for Nuance stating "You can earn up to .12788 cents per line."   Really?!  Not on the Bayscribe/Integra platforms!!!!   They knocked us down to .105 as the MOST we can make.  Is this part of their making it fair across the platforms BS?  I'm pissed.  When they switch us to a Nuance platform, will our pay go up to that?!  Grr ...

Got An E-mail Stating I Could Test Up To MME
Mar 21, 2013

I believe it is just another way to cut my pay further. ...

Does Anyone Know A Good Site With Cancer Tumor Marker Information?
Mar 26, 2010

I am starting to type quite a few cancer reports, and there are so many tumor markers for the various types of cancer. I probably should invest in a new Stedman's Oncology but don't have the extra $$ right now. Does anyone know a site that might help me figure these out? On web sites i've found, there doesn't seem to be much consistency in putting in hyphens (like CA25, CA 125, CA-125, etc.). ...

Mitchem Consulting Posting An Ad Stating That It Is
Feb 06, 2012

an IC position for a whole whopping 6 cpl.  Oh gonna grab that one...NOT! ...

Oh Goodie, I Got An Email Stating I Have A Mentor For ASR.
Apr 11, 2012

ie, the shadow mentoring. They say their methods have been effective in increasing ASR production. We will see... The one good thing is they will get to see exactly how much I have to correct their ASR! It might be more educational for them than me. :) I use all the short cuts provided, but I do listen to every single word. ...

Article Stating To Keep Medical Transcription In
Dec 29, 2012

http://www.ahdpg.com/blog/a-call-out-to-u-s-hospitals-to-help-put-americans-back-to-work/ ...

Stating Solid Shifts For IC Boldly In The Ad. Seriously?
May 25, 2013

Saw 2 ads posted here alone this week, perhaps there were more. Is it me or is this blantant disregard for IRS rules for IC. These ads state specific shifts and state for IC. Aren't these chancy moves on the part of the MTSO to actually put it in print publicly? Can't they get in trouble just for that? I am wondering if things have changed in rules for IC by the IRS or if I am losing my mind. Just touching base here for a reality check.  PS: I am not saying it isn't a 24/7 b ...

Mumbling ER Doctor. Stating Allergy To S/L Sarandian. Sm
Apr 09, 2010

I'm not finding anything resembling this, even after listening multiple times, slowing down, speeding up. Any ideas?  Thanks. ...

New E-mail Today From Payroll Stating New PTO Rate
Jul 23, 2010

Did anybody get an e-mail like this today?  Just about 4 PM when I was starting my shift, I got a letter from payroll saying I would now be getting $7.50 an hour when I take PTO, when before I was told by payroll, it would be $9.50 an hour. This is the rate you have when you take a module or are in an MT conference. Anyways, ever since I started with Spheris, I got $9.50 an hour and have continued at this pay even after Medquist took over.  They said it is based on production since De ...

Got E Mail From My CCM Stating That Someone Called Trying To Get Access To MT's Computer
Jan 25, 2013

Very strange. Why would anyone want access to our work computer and how would they get our phone number and know we work for Mmodal.  Every day it gets stranger and stranger ...

Is It Legal To Ask A Person To Sign An Agreement Stating They Sm
Apr 04, 2013

will not comment about a company, including their payroll practices, here or on any social media? I know why the stipulation is there, since the company has not paid on time EVER and they were trashed here because of it, but if someone comes on the board and asks about the company, I would feel it within my rights to warn that person that if you need a reliable pay day, this is not the place. I have until Saturday to decide if I sign this document. I'm thinking about walking away anyway. ...

If We Put Something In The Comment Box Without
Mar 27, 2012

checking the QA box, it does not go through QA, right?  I know we are not supposed to put in disparaging remarks, but would "speak up" or "stop mumbling" be considered a disparaging remark? I am so tired of these docs who mumble and cannot be understood...how else will they know we can't hear/understand them if we can't tell them...all they see is the nice finished product not what we have to go through to get them that.    ...

Please Comment On
Jan 21, 2015

about MTs being outsourced.  Scroll down to the bottom to add your comment.  http://www.harlandaily.com/news/news/151371514/ARH-outsourcing-jobs ...

Comment No. 12 At Pittsburgh
Sep 03, 2013

is priceless! ...

ITS - Can Anyone Comment On This Company?
Aug 01, 2014

Any information on this company as far as line counts, pay, etc.  Would appreciate it.  Thanks! ...

In The Mail Today I Got A Letter Stating I Was Eligible For A Pell Grant.
Apr 21, 2010

I had to look up what it was because I had never heard of it.  Turns out they are given to poor folks.   I don't know what made them send it to me but it does have my name on it so I know it is for me.   They must know I work at Transcend.  It is only good for vocational training, cannot be for more than one year and must focus on skills necessary for securing entry level employment.  I don't know what direction to go in from here.  I ...

I Woke Up This Morning To An Email Stating I Lost My Job Due To Lack Of Work
Jan 24, 2012

Don't know what to think, she said due to the mandatory EMR they have lost many of their accounts with no notice so they have to go to a skeleton crew and I'm out.  Don't even know if I will get the last three paychecks she owes me either.  Does anybody know of any companies that are hiring? ...

Nice Comment From Doctor
May 11, 2010

Just finished a consult from one of my docs, and he's a little hoarse today, but not bad and at the end he says "and apologies to the transcription ladies.  I know my voice is not necessarily the best for dictating today, and thanks for bearing with me." It sure is nice when they acknowledge that there is actually a person on the other end who is listening to them. ...

A Comment On The Swamp Board -- Sm
May 13, 2010

Okay, so in my experience in trying to be compliant on making up time and "switching" swapping time when I had a funeral to attend.   No problem picking up the times, but here is what happens.   When I have had NJA or something happened which required a 30 min here or there I wanted to pick up and make up the hours.   Well, in theory it would seem to be good; but in reality it ADDED hours to my schedule and kept my original 24 hours per week.   This "swap" ...

Audits Posts Comment . . .
May 20, 2010

or am i getting the feeling that after reading some of these posts that certain ones are "targeted" to have regular audits.  have you done something in the past that puts on a "special" list that you are audited on a regular basis?  I have worked for the Q was not audited before (that I know of).  I have been audited twice now in the last couple of months and have passed, but did I do something to become a "chosen one?"  hhhmmmmm ...