A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How do you deal with a very rude team lead? I work for Transcend and - soon to be gone

Posted: Oct 08, 2011

have never been treated so badly at any company.  My team lead sends out the nastiest e-mails I have ever received in my life.  When I talked to my ROM (who is no longer there), she said I just needed to realize that this person had a very strong military background and that is "just how she is".  I have been around a lot of military and most of them were taught to be tactful and at least half way nice.  You never know what is going to set this one off or how she will react to anything.  I like my work, but I cannot take the stress of her beating me up constantly.

I work there too, - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and wonder if you've thought of (or tried) asking for a different account and team leader. I have multiple accounts and all my TLs have been very decent to great. If you could transfer, you might get the luck of the draw.

Would you really want this person on your team? - See message

[ In Reply To ..]
What I mean is, do you really want to be on a team with someone who doesn't keep the assigned schedule and can't take correction? I wouldn't. I would rather work with a team of people who are conscientious and dependable. I've found that it can be miserable having to fill in or make up for the work someone else was supposed to do and didn't.

Presume much? - WOW!!

[ In Reply To ..]
I think you just proved her point. GEESH!! She did not say one thing about herself so how would you have any idea whether or not she worked her assigned schedule or can or cannot take corrections? Believe it or not, not everyone on here has an ax to grind. There REALLY ARE SOME RUDE TLs out there. Good grief get a grip.
I have a feeling they got the OP confused with the post by Mercy. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

TL - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
We do have an employee advocate in HR.

Also, if you have saved e-mails with ROM who is no longer there or your own from this person might save if you need to verify your side of the story.

On another note, I also work several accounts and have 3 TLs and they are great, but I had to switch from one̢۪s region who I thought was a little unreasonable, but not as bad as what your experiencing.

Rudeness - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I will no longer tolerate the abuse of people such as the one you described. I would tell him/her exactly what I thought of their behavior. I have had it with these self-important little twits!

AMEN! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

rudeness - noexcuse

[ In Reply To ..]
Great, I'm supposed to start in November with Transcend. I am going through a similar experience with a coding course at Andrews School. One of the instructors has a strong military background and often sends rude comments in some of the tests. So, I don't even want to ask questions. I don't care how much of a military background one has there's no excuse for rudeness. If I hadn't paid for the full program I'd quit! Good luck to you and I hope things get better for you.

Preach ON!! - Mercy

[ In Reply To ..]
I just now was talking to my team lead and, I admit in the past I have had problems coming to work on time, etc, but I always put in my hours for the pennies we seem to work for lately and don't complain about much to anyone. I was talking to the team lead and she was saying how this one account has audio problems and she can't change her audio either, etc. Seemed to be going nicely until I got an email I don't think she intended to go to me, as it said this (names left out):
"After talking with *** a bit more, I hate to admit this, but I feel she may be telling the truth in this case, even though she is so wishy-washy it's hard to tell. She's running Vista, which is the same version of Windows I am running, and the problem she has with switching the audio sounds just like the problem I'm having when trying to switch mine. Without me ever having mentioned it to her, she is describing exactly the problem I have. It may be safer to pull her from ***** if she truly can't hear the sound."
Talk about talking out both sides of your mouth!! And I was feeling better about things and really stepping up and putting in my hours, getting to work on time or telling them if I had a delay, etc...as I know you always should but I really didn't expect hatefulness coming out of them behind my back. I don't think I much enjoy being called a liar basically.

Glad to be starting training with Arise for AT and T tomorrow!!

follow up - Mercy

[ In Reply To ..]
The TL did apologize after I pointed out that I had gotten the mail she clearly didn't mean for me to see. She said they do recognize that I am dramatically better lately, so that was a positive. I have gotten snotty emails from other people there though. I chalk it up to bad hair days, but they are very upsetting to read.

Wow..awkward AND unprofessional - My thoughts

[ In Reply To ..]
I think what bothers me most about this email was the fact that they obviously had been talking about someone behind their back and calling them wishy-washy among other things. Very unprofessional.
Sad - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
That happened to me and one of my managers. She sent me an email not intended for me and talking about me. I couldn't believe it and I emailed it back to her and told her this was probably not intended for me to see. She apologized, but it still stuck in the back of my mind. Thank goodness I don't work for that company anymore!
Bosses are supposed to manage, coordinate, and discuss problems and problem people - Absolutely Disagree With You
[ In Reply To ..]
Supervisors are supposed to supervise. They are required to discuss problems and problem people with management. They have to find solutions, sometimes even get rid of people when they aren't doing a good job. I would have taken that message as a wake-up call, if I wanted that job. Otherwise I would have just quit, because it sounds like it is not working out.
Yeah, right. Whatever helps you sleep at night. - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
for realz??
I agree with "Absolutely" - its common sense if you have not - been on the other side like me... SM
[ In Reply To ..]
for management to discuss problems - how else would you manage? Someone has been admittedly habitual in being late and not showing up, etc., that is a problem managemen will address amongst themselves. If you are a problem then decisions will be made - fact of having a job.

What happened next is what SHOULD NOT HAVE TAKEN PLACE.

Mistake was sending the MT that email...never should have happened. Could be construed as intentional. Stupid was the MT posting that email here and totally identifying herself not to mention involving the public at large large...vent ok, but were the details really necessary? No.

Their solution to this internal tug-of-war on both sides ends pulling the paybacks are a mo-fo card. Now, THAT'S tacky.

In my opinon, MT ferked up, management discussed it - no problem there, and then they both played the clown and went down.

Wouldn't work with either.
Big lesson for EVERYONE - Be very careful with "reply to all." - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

While that is hurtful and out of line, I hope it's a big wakeup call for you about working your - schedule. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
There was no reason for someone to talk about you behind your back. They should have had the guts to include you in the e-mail loop and say it to your face. However, from the way I read, and self-admitted by you, you have had "problems coming to work on time, etc." It sounds to me like there was a good reason they called you wishy-washy and it was an earned description on your part. Again, however, very bogue of them to not say it to your first hand.

Oh, come on. It is a supervisor's job to - discuss her employees. What is

[ In Reply To ..]
important is to keep it to what you know to be the truth and on a professional plane.
Well, I didn't actually mean discuss them HERE, but - finding the post below was entertaining.
[ In Reply To ..]
Presumably on the plus side for some, it is definitely not behind anyone's back.
Point taken. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
You are correct. - see message
[ In Reply To ..]
I should not have responded on here. Rest assured that I have made MY supervisors aware of my original mistake with the e-mail in the first place and her post on here (and by default my subsequent followup post), so I'm not trying to hide anything if they find this inappropriate. While I wish I would not have acted first and taken her bait by responding, I did not say anything untrue and her posting a word-for-word e-mail was highly more inappropriate than me responding to that e-mail.
Hope everything's okay. - Have a nice Tuesday. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
no you spoke the truth, but don't you see? it's YOUR dirty - laundry, your work record. anon
[ In Reply To ..]
think about it (in otherwords...use your head next time, not your heart).

(sorry)

Maybe they already had talked to her - See message

[ In Reply To ..]
If there have been ongoing problems, they've probably already talked to her. This is just one more problem that they have to decide how to handle. They were giving her the benefit of the doubt on it in spite of the past. Most probably wouldn't have given her that much time. They would have just terminated her for past and continuing drama.

Sounds like she's talking about someone with a less than stellar reputation - From the sound of it

[ In Reply To ..]
Just reading the e-mail and not knowing the people involved, it sounds like they are discussing someone who has been a problem in the past, a person who isn't very reliable. This time they think she may not just be making excuses as she usually does. Regardless, it sounds like they are getting tired of dealing with her. If I were that person, I would be looking for a new job, and I would try to develop a better reputation with the next employer. I would use fewer excuses. I would actually do what I said I was going to do. Otherwise I might run out of employers to work for.

Regarding how to deal with a very rude team lead, - if it is ONLY rudeness and

[ In Reply To ..]
everything else is pretty much humming along okay, I IGNORE IT. And I've worked under some rude and genuinely offensive people in my decades. Side by side and remote.

The thing is, rudeness alone is only as hurtful to a recipient as she or he makes it. Raise an eyebrow at someone apparently having her usual bad day, and it's nothing. Nothing.

React as OP has, and it's a really big deal.

I know someone who quit a very well-paying job for outstanding rudeness and lack of respect another coworker and I mostly just laughed at. I strongly suspect our supervisor had a personality disorder, leading her to constantly misunderstand the situations she was part of, always at our expense. In any case, plenty of behind-the-back talking there, believe me, waiting for this person to top herself with whatever she came up with next.

I recommend pasting this on the wall for anyone prone to being easily offended: It's the money, stupid! For respect, look to your friends.

People who repeatedly treat me rudely usually - come to find their calls are - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
now going unanswered, as are their IMs and emails.

A polite email might get answered. But the ruder the email, the more likely it is to simply be ignored and deleted.

Sure. Whatever it takes to turn a ruined morning - into a cool dismissal. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

whatever works, quitting included. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

How do you deal with a rude team lead? - Semper Fi

[ In Reply To ..]
If you have "been around a lot of military," you should know about discipline. You should discuss this whole issue with your team lead, not here on the board. I highly doubt that she "beats you up" constantly. If she does, file an assault charge. If you are engaging in hyperbole, stop it. Perhaps you are too sensitive for the MT world.

What is rude to one person is a helpful hand to another - Just sayin

[ In Reply To ..]
I've had my biggest promotions after being corrected, advised, counseled, and otherwise told what to do. It's all in how you take criticism and in your work ethics. Some people don't have the disposition and character to work for or with others. You take the criticism, take care of the problem, and get on with it.

I trained with a person who got worse and worse and - worse with further training. No

[ In Reply To ..]
criticism as involved. She was so sensitive that her own reaction to her inability to do the work (none of us could initially) took her down. It was sad and quite amazing to watch her spiral and crash. No amount of encouragement helped her.

What makes it applicable here is that she ended up very angry at being "victimized." She was even angry with me, another newbie, I guess for contradicting her theory by not failing too.

I agree, personality and attitude are 90% of the game. It certainly helps to not have a diagnosable personality disorder (whatever hers was), but as we all know, there's a whole range, not a chasm, between recognizably functional and dysfunctional.
I had a similar co-worker who couldn't take correction - Could Not Help Her
[ In Reply To ..]
I had a co-worker who just fell apart over the smallest correction. If I said, "You missed stamping one of these checks," there would be a dramatic reaction. Lots of drama! She was convinced that when I said she missed stamping one of the checks, I really meant that she was incompetent, etc. No matter how many times we went through it and she said she understood, she didn't. She must have been beaten down so badly in her life that she couldn't get the point that she missed stamping one of the checks.

50-thousand ways to say something, belitting can be avoided. - have some respect - self respect that is. NM

[ In Reply To ..]

I do know enough that I would not believe 50% of what anyone with a military background - soon to be gone

[ In Reply To ..]
said to me. I watched them destroy personnel files that had adverse reactions in them and say it never happened. The e-mails above that were copied were not mine, but your desire to have precise wording is a little more than I really can take at this point. There are multiple ways you can abuse someone, not just physically, if you are not aware of that. I have talked to my co-workers and they all seem to feel the same way. She has the opinion that everything is "her way or no way", and that means if she disagrees with the Transcend way, it is still her way. She is very, very rude and Transcend needs to sit back and re-evaluate some of those they have put into these management positions.

Similar Messages:

Oh, I Wish I Were A Transcend Team Lead So I Could Cherry Pick
May 15, 2011

my work and then I would have no problems getting my lines every pay period.  What pieces of trash did they select to put in quasi-management positions? ...

Is This Normal? I Work For Transcend And On A New Platform For Me. I Asked A Team Lead
Feb 02, 2010

for some help yesterday and got nothing but garbled answers.  I asked how to do something and got part of an answer but then told she did not remember how to do the rest of the steps.   I can understand not knowing how to do something, but at least refer me to someone who does know how.  This person was definitely not nice and thought it was very funny that I was having so much trouble with the system.   The attitude was the worst I have ever encountered.  Thes ...

How Do You All Deal With Rude QA?
May 13, 2014

Every time I ask a question, if this one specific QA person sees my question, she emails a snippy response.  How do you all handle rude QA? ...

Region Team Lead
Nov 07, 2009

Just read the MQ Central news about the pilot program for a new position called Region Team Lead (RTL). I'm already confused enough, I don't need a new acronym.  They said the CTL would now be doing 100% QA and transcription. It didn't really specify who will be doing PTO requests, etc. (unless I overlooked it) I'm glad I already requested Christmas off and it was granted! Thanks CTL! I'll miss you! ...

Don't You Just Hate It When Your Team Lead Ignores...
May 06, 2010

your emails?  I have sent a few emails regarding a few things and it seems she just ignores them or doesn't take the time to answer.  ...

I Totally Just Emailed My Team Lead And Put In My Notice...
Feb 28, 2011

it's just not working out for me there.  I would rather have an IC position.  I have an interview with another company.  If I get it good, if not I will go substitute teach at the school...would prob make more money.  This fall I will be going back to college to get a BS in biology.  I will be out of this disappointing career as soon as I can.  What a waste of 2 years of my time to study medical transcription and the last 4 years trying to make money doing it. ...

Regional Team Lead = Work Flow Coordinator??
Nov 24, 2009

Does anybody else get this impression?  Or am I misunderstanding what this position is all about?  All I know is, I have a weird sense of deja vu about it, like I've heard about this job before but with a different title. ...

Curious What The Salary Range Is For Team Lead Position...sm
Dec 16, 2011

Just curious what the MTSOs pay (range) for a team lead position these days with all that is going on with MT pay.  Is it worth it? ...

Nuance/Transcend Acquisition Done Deal? See Link In Message...
Apr 26, 2012

Looks like a done deal if I read this correctly as of today?  Read article below.... http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20120426-715167.html?mod=WSJ_ComputerSoftware_middleHeadlines ...

Transcend Team Leads???
Jul 14, 2010

Is anyone having issues with Transcend Team leads? ...

Transcend SWAT Team?
Feb 08, 2011

I work for Transcend but never heard of the SWAT team that is mentioned below in another posting.  What exactly is it? ...

Rude QA
Sep 13, 2010

Have to say, have been with this company for over 2 years and have always found QA helpful and informative.  Today; however, I ran into my first "smart %&^%".  I am sure they have a lot of work and attitudes to deal with, but....  I am sure sarcastic remarks will come back to bit this person in the butt at some point.  Their function is to assist the MTs in making an accurate report for the customers, pointers and assistance are great.  Ridicule,  not so much.&n ...

Rude QAs
Mar 18, 2012

I have encountered my first rude QA at this company (Transcend).  My audit scores last week were 100%.  The week before that 99% and 100%.  They have never been below 98% but are usually around 99%.  Starting receiving a new worktype and I sent some reports to QA because I didn't know what the heck the doc was saying.  The SR didn't even pick him up because he is difficult to understand.  Besides the fact, I hadn't transcribed his reports but a few ti ...

My CCM Is So RUDE. This Is
Apr 11, 2012

apparently the first time she's ever had any power & she doesn't know how to professionally handle it.  I've been a supervisor before.  This is not how you treat employees.  We are all adults, in this together, working as a team.  We're not children to be talked down to.  Asking nicely for something works a lot better than threats & rudeness.  I would love to transfer to a more professional, less nasty CCM.  The one I had before was ...

Rude People
Dec 15, 2009

Why has everyone gotten so rude.  You apply for jobs and you can sense the "Tude" through the E-mails - if they are kind enough to send you one!  35+ years experience and they act like you are just off the boat to Transcription Land.    Counting the days until I can retire.  Love the websites that say you can make $60 K a year too - now that is really rude! ...

RUDE RECEPTIONIST
Jul 30, 2010

I have been seeing my PA every three months right after my cardiologist for congestive heart failure.  He prescribes my meds and communicates with my cardiologist during my checkup.  He's a pretty nice guy who really cares about his patients, and his nurses are awesome.  However, his receptionist is rude and unprofessiional. She answers the phone with an attitude, like she hates being there, and seems like she takes it out on the patients. She's only in her early 20 ...

Rude Employers
Jan 19, 2011

Are the rest of you as disgusted as I am with not hearing back after sending an application?  Are all these ads for work just made up to look like there are jobs when in reality the ads are fakes?  I hear from so many other MTs/editors that they apply for jobs but never hear back, even after receiving permisson to do testing.  Maybe we should all stop applying and let them sit and spin! ...

DTSOK, SO RUDE
Mar 20, 2012

I responded to DTSOK's job posting on another board 2 weeks ago.  Within a couple hours, I received an email from their recruiter, indicating that I should take the test that day, as they were planning to talk to people that week.  I did this.  A day later, I received an email from the transcription manager, indicating that I had passed the test, and asking if I was still interested, and asking me to respond to her with the best time for her to call me.  I did this.  ...

I'm An IC And Get Rude Messages From QA?
May 22, 2012

I don't even really work "for" these people and I get emails that are not only unprofessional but extremely rude.  So after working for 12 years with this company we get a new QA and she thinks she can blast me because I've been in the hospital and didn't work for a week? Yes, I'm very mad. ...

Does Anyone Else Have A Rude, Condescending QC?
Feb 14, 2013

I always DREAD getting any email from her.  She's always so rude, condescending, and unprofessional.  I sooo miss my old QC who was simply wonderful.  This one is on some sort of power trip. ...

Dealing With A Rude TSM
Oct 18, 2013

I've had it with our rude TSM so I just sent an e-mail to HR about them.  Ten weeks ago I put in a request for PTO to attend a family wedding this weekend and sent them an e-mail.  They never got back to me.  I've sent several reminders.  We finally just presumed it was OK and booked the hotel.  Now the TM responds - and we're leaving this afternoon - that I need to give more notice on these things in the future but will approve it anyway.  Say w ...

Netmed Rude Management
Dec 16, 2011

***** from Netmed was rude. Passed testing 100%, then told me no openings.  She seemed distracted and angry at me.. I was out the door before I got in.. ...

Has Anyone Ever Gotten A Rude Response From An MTSO
Sep 29, 2012

after they read your resume?  I just got a very rude response and told her I was not going to waste my time working for her if she could not even treat me decently at the very first contact.  ...

EKG Lead 3 Or III?
Apr 05, 2012

Just wondering if the lead numbers for an EKG should be numeric or roman numerals?  Thanks! ...

I Did Go Ahead And Email The Rude Lady And Told Her
Sep 01, 2014

thank you, but I do not think I want to work for someone so rude.  I am glad I did.  Maybe she will consider her actions more thoroughly before sending a response next time.  I sure hope so.  I am glad I did that, too. ...

Does Lead Eye Sound Right?
Mar 08, 2010

At the same time, he has significant nystagmus of the lead eye and looking both to the left and right ...

Finally! I Have A Lead On A Non MT Job
Jun 22, 2012

I'm beyond thrilled!  I have a good lead on a non-MT job.  I have been promised multiple things and they have never happened.  No raise in many years.  Someone tell me again, what are the benefits of being an IC when you have to do the work of so many other people PLUS transcribe?  It's ridiculous.  Years ago, when I didn't have to do the work of others plus mine, I made SO much more money.  ...

QA Lead Ignore IM?
Jul 13, 2012

I had an ignore to my IM request by a QA lead team member. ?? Why would someone do that? Shouldn't I be able to communicate with this person?  I'm confused. ...

St. Jude Pacemaker Lead
Dec 29, 2011

An S8 lead was introduced in the lateral fluoroscopic view, and AP view was used to drive it to the mid T6 level.  The lead was in the midline and then an s/l Octrad lead was placed just left to that one described above.   ...

Ive Asked My QA Lead And My CCM With No Answer
Feb 19, 2012

Can anyone tell me where I send the constant errors on the same exact thing from ASR to so that they can fix it??? Please ...