A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Honest feedback for company trying to keep jobs onshore - Recruiter

Posted: Aug 02, 2013

Hello Everyone! I would like some honest feedback. Iâm a recruiter that works for an MT company about to bring on some behavioral health facilities. We would like to keep most, if not all, of the work onshore. (About 120 jobs) In order to do this we need to be competitive with other MT companies that outsource most of their work. Would you consider working for a company if they offered 5.5 CPL for both transcription and speech recognition, knowing that eventually the account will be 95% speech recognition? We also offer quarterly bonuses based on production, TAT, QA scores, and customer satisfaction that can range from $200-$1,200. If you absolutely cannot do 5.5 CPL, what would you consider? All feedback is welcome! ï Thank you!

Yes but I would want a time line or guarantee of raises. -nm - Freebie

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

We working for Nuance put no stock in promises of bonuses. (sm) - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
The work itself would be quite interesting, but not for what you want to offer. I understand you need to be competitive, however, you need to be fair. I believe you should be offering 8 straight and 6 VR. I believe this should be the standard for all companies.

I'm sure you will find many inexperienced MTs, and a few desperate seasoned MTs, who will take the low pay, but your quality will suffer. I guess that doesn't matter much anymore.

Question - AncientMT

[ In Reply To ..]
What platform would you be using? For me, that makes a big difference.

Infraware - Recruiter

[ In Reply To ..]
Infraware is a new platform. Our MTs are working directly with their company to give feedback on the platform. So far, they love the ease of it.

Are you in Orlando? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

If I could work the hours I need to, and actually have work - I wouldnt mind 5.5 for VR

[ In Reply To ..]
That said, 5.5 is too low for straight. I also assumed this if for employee status, you didn't specify. Having work on the days and times I need to work is very important to me. I can't put food on the table if you have so many employees that we are out of work all the time.

- except that VR is often just as difficult as straight, - and frequently MORE diffiicult. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
X

The fact that you want to keep jobs in the U.S. - Intheknow

[ In Reply To ..]
is always favorable. The line rate you are offering is not bad for vr these days, but not so much for straight transcription. Perhaps a better straight transcription rate could be negotiated based on experience.

However, job security would go a long way in attracting good MTs/MEs for your company. If you could guarantee consistent work throughout their scheduled shift by not grossly overstaffing the account, you could see a lot of applicants. You didn't mention a healthcare plan, this would be very important to many MTs.

There are other considerations of course, but you are off to a good start.

Employee or IC status? - Think that would matter to me.

[ In Reply To ..]
...and paid for spaces...

My 2 cents - JudyF

[ In Reply To ..]
My opinion is that CPL is not the most important consideration. Most important to me are:
1. Clear instructions.
2. QA consistency and helpful attitude. We should all be on the same page with the same expected result of good service to the customer. No micromanagement. If I need to be away from my keyboard for 5 minutes, I don't want to receive a phone call or an email, asking me where I am, especially if I'm not being paid for my time.
3. Good volume of work. No requirement to sit and wait without pay, with expectation to commit timecard fraud.
4. Whether employee or IC status.
5. Line rate includes spaces.
6. Some flexibility with schedule.
7. Finally, and in my opinion, one thing that could elevate the quality of this MTSO above all the rest, is the way that it deals with the source of the dictations. To actually "deal with" and/or "train" dictators who seem to need direction. The willingness to hold the dictators to as high a standard as they expect from us. To treat them as human beings, not Gods. I would like to work for a company that has no qualms about sending "bad" reports back to the source, for the originator to fix them. I'm not going to work for a company that puts the responsibility on the MT to figure out the blanks of a habitually awful speaker, with penalties if the MT cannot figure it out, regardless of whether or not some highly-wonderful QA person can get it. That is absolutely insane and cruel, in my opinion.

No matter what you decide, if your workers are not happy, your business will die, even if it's a slow and painful death. Common sense rules.

Employee Position - Recruiter

[ In Reply To ..]
These positions would be employee only. We also offer health, dental, and vision plans.

I like this... - JudyF

[ In Reply To ..]
Good!

Day shift? Part-time? Bonus for whole - Could be interested.

[ In Reply To ..]
weekend instead of one day? Provide any equipment?

5.5 cents per line - nana

[ In Reply To ..]
At 5.5 cents per line who could afford your insurance. Just because you offer it does not make it affordable at that rate of pay.

If I typed 1500 lines a day, at 5.5 cents per line I would make 82.50, take out taxes and then insurance, what do you think would be left. Mind if my family eats at least once a week?

You think just because you say you want to keep jobs here in the US we should work for peanuts. Maybe someone who is fresh out of school, who will be slow as molasses, constantly having to look up words and an undeveloped ear and need their work 100% QA'd might consider it but for most of us that has years and years of experience would consider that as an insult. What ever happened to paying for experience.

Bottom line is you get what you pay for.

So no I would not consider this at all.

honest answer - tiredMT

[ In Reply To ..]
(1) Do you have any idea how many lines an experienced and qualified transcriptionist can transcribe and/or process through speech recognition (average)?
(2) If so, please calculate the math for your above stated rate.

Depending on your platform and what you are actually paying for, i.e., lines with spaces, demographics, headers, footers, etc., determines a person's possible income per hour.

Personally, I would NEVER transcribe for this rate. I also personally have found that after using multiple platforms, one cannot generate double or triple the lines in speech recognition and therefore 50% reduction in payment for this work is a pay cut. Therefore, that is also too low of a rate for speech work.

A person should NEVER count on bonuses or any other carrot dangling deals when calculating their needed base income. Bonuses are just that, extra monies to put aside for emergencies or life's extras. Any financial adviser will tell you not to ever count on bonuses as true income.

chime in - murphy

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with poster about most important factor is not overstaffing the account. Stability of work availability goes a long way to ease the stress. In that way, I know my effort is what counts and that motivates me. Thanks for considering your fellow Americans.

Why the same rate for straight transcription and VR? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]

You apparently know that there is usually a higher rate for straight transcription.  Is your platform not able to discern the difference and thus you have to offer the same for both? Even if a majority is speech work eventually, with any straight that comes through, there would be efforts to cherrypick (or "kumquat avoid," as I call it) whenever straight typing work came up due to the unfair difference as a result of the same pay rate.  I'd really reconsider not offering a split rate, though I think 5.5 for VR is about as fair a rate as can be found for that now. 

[EDITED TO ADD]:  I take that back about that rate being fair for anything; I thought I'd seen that spaces were included.  5.5 cpl VBC for VR is bad enough, but for straight transcription especially, it's beyond ludicrious.

In order to keep the work onshore... - Recruiter

[ In Reply To ..]
we have to cut costs. If we sent the work offshore, most companies pay 5 cpl for both transcription and SR. Psych work is pretty easy so we are thinking you could knock out twice as much work as acute care. Like I previously stated, once the SR is in place the account will be close to 95% SR

Twice as much work for less money? What is - wrong with that picture?

[ In Reply To ..]
Have you ever transcribed? SR is not so much faster, it takes more time to edit and change things than it does to type it yourself, unless you have SR that understands everything and you do not have to make any changes. So, if you offer 5.5 for SR, do you offer 10 cpl straight transcription?

psych work - say what

[ In Reply To ..]
The TERMINOLOGY might be easy, but my experience has been the dictators for the most part ARE NOT. Many are foreign born and trying to understand one sentence can take you five minutes. So at that whopping cpl rate we'd be lucky to make $8/hr.

It's just not as simple as "easy" work and cheap rates. Will you have enough work to keep an employee busy for 40 hours a week - every week? Will you be dangling those benefits under the nose of the MT so that if they don't get 40 hours (due to lack of work) they also lose benefits? As was mentioned, will you be training the DICTATORS to dictate in a manner that makes actually transcribing their work possible?

It's never just about the cpl and your thinking is faulty to put your decision-making on just that factor, IMO.
Not on your life would I work for you at - 5.5 cents per line
[ In Reply To ..]
I have been transcribing almost 40 years. Those are wages we got back in the 1970s and 1980s. Do you really want to take us back that far when the cost of living has risen over those 40 years? You're really not doing anyone a favor by offering 5.5 cents per line, especially when no one is guaranteed anything. My heart is broken every time I read these posts and I wonder why this happened to a wonderful profession with bright and intelligent people, where did things go wrong and why did we become so complacent.

Why not start by cutting your pay first? Sound fair? - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

You are mistaken - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
You are mistaken in regard to people being able to "knock out" twice as much work as with acute care. I have transcribed psych. One thing, most of the reports are super long and it can take a long time to do one report if it is straight dictation. Editing is not faster. If you have ESL providers, that also slows a person down. You acted as if you were sincere about getting and keeping good people. The reason that the line rate is currently CPL is because the MTSOs are in a bidding war with India. Again I say, offer domestic MTs a decent salary and affordable benefits and they will come on board. A livable wage in the United States is not the same as a livable wage in India or the Philippines.
Correction - Anonymous
[ In Reply To ..]
My post should have said 5 CPL, sorry.

Really? - buns

[ In Reply To ..]
Precisely the type of thinking that is tanking our American economy. We live and work in America and pay for goods and services based on the cost of living in America. Perhaps you are falling for the hype of SR being so great the MT can do twice the amount of work in half the amount of time? The ship loaded with those lies sailed a long time ago; it is not great and we are working twice as hard for less pay. Would you like to do your job for half the pay?

The statement that any work is âeasyâ is flawed. You obviously are not aware of the years of training and expertise that is required to produce a written medical document. We do not âknock outâ work. Medical transcriptionists should be paid for their knowledge and experience like other professionals and attitudes such as this demean our profession. We are not merely typists.

I am glad that you want to keep work in America. You are using that as a reason to have to pay a lower rate, which truly makes you just another greedy middle man taking advantage of the MT. We are tired of being managementâs road to health and happiness. We have lives with hopes and dreams and they do not include being chained to a computer with fear in our hearts lest our work pool run low or someone in our family gets sick and we cannot pay for a doctor visit.

I challenge you to transcribe for a year and:
1. Decipher most of the garbage that comes through SR.
2. Determine how long it takes to âfixâ most SR files.
3. Calculate how many hours you will have to work per week to make up for your âcompetitive payâ and very likely work flow issues.
4. Arrive at the close of the year with all your bills paid on time, a roof over your head, and food on the table every single day for the past year.

Please provide more information on the statement you made regarding the Infraware platform: âOur MTs are working directly with their company to give feedback on the platform.â The term âtheir companyâ would lead one to believe there is more than one company involved in this. Are you hiring for multiple companies? Kindly clarify.

MTs don't care if the work is offshored, if they - themselves cant make a living at it.

[ In Reply To ..]
That is why so many of us are currently throwing in the towel as MTs, and are in school, or retiring early, or finding other types of work.

Offshoring has been held over our heads as a threat for a long time, now, and many of us believed that if we just worked faster/cheaper, we could keep those jobs in the USA. But that didn't happen, did it? All that's happening is continued paycuts, layoffs, and harassment. That's why so many of us, many in our prime as far as knowledge, experience and transcription capability go, are saying "Enough is enough", and getting out.

And we're warning would-be newbies every chance we get, and I think more and more of them are heeding our advice. Don't believe it? Take a look at the empty "New MTs" board over at the left. It used to be full of young MTs looking for school and job-seeking advice. Now, the only advice we're giving them is "Run away as fast as you can!"

Quarterly bonus is too much taxes out of one - Dolly

[ In Reply To ..]
check. I would prefer my bonus with each pay period so I could count on that income regularly and is it a flat rate, i.e., anything over 12,000 lines you get x-amount of dollars or x-amount per line over so many lines? How do you pay an MT a bonus for TAT, is that not a management problem? Bonus pay for good QA scores is a nice idea, so how often do QA scores get tallied, how much is that bonus and what is the percentage, i.e., 99% accuracy?

No - To recruiter

[ In Reply To ..]
I would consider .07 or .08 across the board. You did not mention any benefits so I am assuming I would have to pay for my own insurance. You did not mention if you paid for spaces or headers and you did not mention line length. It is a shame that .05 a line is considered "competitive." If you want to recruit the best, make it worthwhile.

You asked for it - abused mt

[ In Reply To ..]
As a middle man you have no overhead expenses using remote ICs except for perhaps your own pretty office space. You pay no taxes or insurance, nor do you provide a work space or equipment. You have simply bought some digital voice equipment and charge the doc/hospital big bucks and sit back and let the MTs slave to get you rich. 5.5 cpl how generous! - NOT. If you want to keep work onshore then pay a decent LIVABLE rate for goodness sake. Rise above the rest. Cut your own profit margin a bit more and not the MT cpl.

Where do I submit a resume? - need work

[ In Reply To ..]
and how soon will these accounts be on board?

Same here... - JudyF

[ In Reply To ..]
How do I apply?

applying - insult

[ In Reply To ..]
Hope the few people she can get can type all of the work. Now you know what is wrong with this business. There are people out there that think so little of their skill they will work for next to nothing. Soon it will be nothing. Or better yet, we will have to pay them to work. When I have to take 5.5 for this kind of work I quit and go to work at McDonald's or Wal Marts.

Taking in consideration you have to have your own computer, foot pedal, books, etc., how can anyone justify this rate. I just don't get it. God forbid if your computer crashes and you have to get a new one, that will take a whole months pay.

We all need better pay for our work. But it is not going to get better like this. Its going to take transcriptionists refusing this low-rate of pay (even though we need to work) before this will stop.

Nothing was mentioned about whether or not they at least guarantee minimum wage if you work your butt off and still don't make any money. Yes it is required by law but how many of them really follow the law?

If she is going to guarantee work then guarantee a certain wage per week that way if she runs out of work and you sit there waiting for work you will still be compensated.

She knows this is a low CPL or she would not have come on this site asking what everyone thought of it.

Will post job openings soon... - Recruiter

[ In Reply To ..]
Right now I'm just trying to get a feel in the MT community to see if we can find enough MTs willing to start off at 5.5 CPL for typing and SR knowing that SR will 85%+ in 2-3 months of the go-live. Once we get our feedback and make a final decision, I will post all information on how to apply. We are projecting go-live will be in Sept.

Good luck with the new platform and no need - to worry, you will get

[ In Reply To ..]
plenty of applications.
The big question is, however, will they be ANY GOOD? - Not likely, at such low pay.
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Honestly, if I were you I'd consider recruiting for - another type of business, because - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
medical transcription and medical editing on US shores is going to be gone in 2 years max - and more likely by the end of 2013.

The only thing I can figure, when you post these low wages and info about your company on MT Stars, is that you know that Indians and Filipinos read this board as well, and THOSE are the new hires you're really looking for, NOT Americans.

I also feel it's highly likely that anyone dumb enough to fall for 5.5 cpl being a fair wage, is likely not going to be smart enough to do a very good job of transcribing or editing.

Recruiter - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
The late, great Vera Pyle used to have a wonderful quotation: PAY PEANUTS, GET MONKEYS. Just saying.

Don't let yourself be fooled by this person. - All MT companies are the SAME. (NM)

[ In Reply To ..]

I agree - Best thing to do is get out of MT completely

[ In Reply To ..]
I used to think the company I worked for was great until slowly but surely she started whittling away at pretty much all of our benefits, including cutting PTO, decreasing rate of PTO, and her last cut was taking away our hard earned bonuses that we used to receive based on our twice a year audit. So, it turns out this "wonderful company" is no different than the rest of them.

I honestly can't see how this "recruiter" could convince anyone to work for whatever company he/she is talking about, especially at 5.5/6 CPL for VBC. It really is such a shame what has happened to all (or most I guess) of us MTs. I am just disgusted with this whole business.

Sorry, a little rant. I am off to make myself a nice stiff Cosmopolitan. :)
I bet she is sorry - nana
[ In Reply To ..]
that she even got on this board. That just shows they have no idea what we go through to produce a quality document or maybe they just don't care. If she did she would not insult us with that offer. She seemed rather proud of it don't you think?

So Ms. Recruiter, if you want quality raise the pay cause otherwise go to India and anywhere else you can get the work down with lousy quality. Really we just don't care anymore.

Until these hospitals and services get sued up the yang-yang (and that has already started) because of the mistakes put in reports, its not going to change.

I believe it starts with the greedy hospitals. They don't want to pay a decent wage for something they are required to do by law, the transcribed medical record. Until they start paying big for mistakes its not going to change. Just get worse.

So good luck to you with hiring but I doubt you will get any American with experience and who gives a damn about quality to apply. So thanks for thinking of us, but from the sound of this board most all of us pass.
I doubt it. They all seem to be the same - clueless. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

It would all depend on how good your speech engine is. sm - anon2

[ In Reply To ..]
If you're SR is really good and there is very little editing involved, while those rates seem low, a good transcriptionist CAN make money at them. Even with the best engine out there, an MT who already straight types 300+ lines an hour can't double his/her lines. They might be able to come close. So, IMO, it would all depend on how much editing is involved and whether the SR has been trained properly to the voices of the dictators using it.

What about 6 CPL - Recruiter

[ In Reply To ..]
6 CPL for SR is usually higher than most companies are offering, especially for psych work. Even though you are taking a cut at the beginning (typing 6 CPL) within 3 months, you will be making more off the SR. Just trying to clarify....

Again, this is strictly research and I do not mean to offend anyone with the original post.

Does the rate include spaces - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
makes a difference.

It's VBCs - Recruiter

[ In Reply To ..]
Which at 6 CPL is only 4 CPL... - (see message)
[ In Reply To ..]
As noted in the report "A Standard Unit of Measure for Transcribed Reports" from the American Health Information Management Association and Medical Transcription Industry Association Joint Task Force on Standards Development, a visible black character (VBC) count of transcribed documents yields about 30 percent fewer lines than a "standard" 65-character (with spaces) line count. Thus, for example, MT compensation at 9 cents per line (CPL) based on VBC is roughly equivalent to 6 CPL based on a "standard" line. (This will vary somewhat, depending on formatting, document type or other factors.)
Well that makes this EVEN WORSE!!! 5.5 CPL without spaces . . . I don't even know where to begi - anon2
[ In Reply To ..]
That equates to about 4 CPL for both straight and VR.
sorry, I meant 6 CPL. I STILL don't know where to begin (but I'm sure others will have pl - anon2
[ In Reply To ..]
x
what else are you holding back and not telling us - now more truth comes out. Why not state this befor
[ In Reply To ..]
How can you ask someone about taking a job with you at a set rate and not give all the information about that rate. Did you not know that VBCs makes a big difference as to how lines are counted? Sounds to me like there will be plenty more surprises as you get into this.

How about if you spell out everything like:
1 Accurate line rate and how calculated.
2. How many characters per line (60, 65, 70,etc)?
3. What type of benefits?
4. How much will the benefits cost for yourself, husband and family if needed.
5. How many lines are committed to you each month.
6. Do you pay at least minimum wage if no work is available?

You need to let people know all of these answers and probably more before anyone can make a informed decision about applying.
Sounds to me like - Been around the block
[ In Reply To ..]
this recruiter is a rookie.
Why are we not surprised? - Skeptic
[ In Reply To ..]
I was thinking "hmmm...maybe..."until you said VBC. - UsedToLoveMT
[ In Reply To ..]
That's where you lost me. You companies and your VBC make my blood boil. You know the space bar is a key, right?? Ordoyouwantyournotestolooklikethis?
Dearrecruiterdoesthislooknormaltoyou? - meeitherbutyougetwhatyougive. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

It's no good because SR is usually lousy, and - we end up doing 90%+ SR. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
X

You know what the cost of living is here in America. - 5.5 cpl will NOT cover that. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Sure, companies have to remain competitive, but there comes a time when it's all about the competition, and any sensible ideas have been bred out of it, and it becomes all about the "competition", and turning a larger and larger profit for those at the top.

You read these boards. You shop at an American supermarket, you pay through the nose at the gas pump, and you likely pay more than what your home is worth in mortgage or rent, in order to stay warm and dry in the winter. That said, you know full well that a person cannot live on 5.5 cpl for a 65-character, VBC line of type, whether or not those are edited lines or transcribed lines.

As you also probably know, America MTs are leaving the field in droves, because of the economics of it, and the fact that the production "minimums" with regard to allowable errors and words typed per hour have been continually pushed to mostly unattainable levels. We're all at the breaking point.

For a business to provide a good product or service, those that produce it have to be given half a chance to do just that - produce a good product. In our case, that means taking into account research time, proofreading, and yes - typing spaces with our thumbs on the space bar. Spaces are not invisible entities in a document, they are part of the document. Without them, the document is impossible-to-read gibberish.

In order to keep high-quality American MTs in the field at all, something is going to have to give, in the way of compensation. Right now, as is the case in most of the business world, the gap between the worker and CEO/management has become too great. The MT/ME cannot shoulder any more of the paycuts, and in order to keep them, and continue to give the client an accurate medical record, the cuts are going to have to come from another source. One has to seriously consider the worth of all those overpaid company leaders, if what they do in their everyday "management" has led us all to what we have today, and perhaps it's now time to seriously look at lowering management pay, and raising worker pay.

-MTBankAccount

PS: I forgot to add that in order to stay in MT, I - need at least 9.5cpl, ST or VR.

[ In Reply To ..]
Otherwise, I can do better moneywise by working part-time in a regular business office, or shlepping groceries at Safeway.

-MTBA

Sure I'd work for 5.5 cpl - but . . . - for that price

[ In Reply To ..]
I insist on NO ESLs.

In the end, I'd still make more money at the end of the day than I make fixing VR messes for ESLs. I know because I used to do it under those terms and I still made 10 times the money I make today in VR.

5.5 cpl is a crock! SM - Independent MTSO

[ In Reply To ..]
Come on ... I'm a small MTSO and I pay my people way more than 5.5 cpl. As a big company, you need to pay a decent wage in order to get decent people. I'm fairly certain you're making at least 15+ cents per line on your accounts which is more than I make and you want to rip off your transcriptionists?

They're the ones doing the work, not you, not your CEO who probably makes a million dollars or more a year ... this isn't India ... the minimum wage pays more than you're offering for some crap Walmart job.

I'm sorry to be harsh but as a business owner myself, I would never stoop to paying shit wages. Maybe that's why I'm not rich. At least I can sleep at night!

Similar Messages:

Honest Question Seeks Honest Answers
Aug 25, 2011

I've read so many messages from people who are working in jobs which they have said they are working long hours and barely making minimum wage.If that's the case, then why do you continue working from home? Why not get an office job where you'll make more and actually have benefits?   ...

Honest Question Seeking Honest Answers
Mar 09, 2013

For the last couple of weeks, I've been sending out resumes and also frequently checking job sites such as indeed.com and simplyhired.com. So much of what's out there is really looking for recent experience, although it's not actually stated in the ad. Okay, that's the story, now here's the question ... If so many are unhappy doing MT, most importantly because of the lousy pay, why not work at temporary jobs? The pay has to be much better than what you're current ...

Probity - Feedback On This Company
Sep 12, 2010

Can you give me feedback on this company and how long it takes to get lines built up. Possibly starting with them in the future if I pass testing ...

Onshore Post Audits??/
Nov 10, 2013

Anybody getting these now??  Instead of just explaining my error or what they believe is an error - I am getting a 4 paragraph explanation for each one.  I certainly don't mind criticism but I feel like I am being talked to like a 2 year old who has done something wrong.  It is amazing to me how they hear something completely different than what I heard and I am told I should have left a blank if I felt there was a problem.  Do they not realize that if I felt there WAS a ...

Does Company Feedback Really Matter In This Industry?
Jun 22, 2011

I read in my textbooks that an MT should not be heard and that complaining about the way in which doctors and PAs, etc dictate is not relevant in this industry.  They don't want to hear it. It has always been my belief that it takes two to tango, especially if you want to produce anything of quality. I was recently pondering if it will do any good to tell this company what I believe I am seeing.  This is probably suicide but I don't like to take the blame for something I am n ...

MVTS? Any Feedback On What Kind Of Company This Is
May 04, 2015

No current archives.  Thanks! ...

Superior Global Solutions - Feedback Good, Bad Or Indifferent On This Company?
May 31, 2012

Can anyone give feedback good, bad or indifferent on this company? I need to work where there is work so I can pay my bills.  Thanks in advance for your time.  :) ...

What Happened To An Honest Dayâs Work For An Honest Dayâs Pay
Jul 29, 2010

It is amazing that more people are not committing suicide.  I guess that goes to the underlying optimism that human beings are inherently born with.   We always think there is good in all people and that we will be protected from evil.   But, what happened to an honest day’s work for an honest day’s pay?  Every day there are posts about people working hard for their paltry wages, only to be paid late or not paid at all.  We cannot even apply for a job ...

Remote Medical Jobs Company
May 07, 2010

Has anyone ever heard of a company called Remote Medical Jobs? I've seen several medical transcriptionist job postings by this company over the past several months.  ...

Radiology Jobs - Any Company Hiring ?
May 13, 2014

I wanted to ask if anyone knows or works for a company hiring for radiology transcription, even if its editing??  ...

Not Sure Why Mediscribes Is Posting Jobs Here. They Are An Indian Company.
Nov 18, 2013

then offshore it to India.  They have an office already set up in India.  I really think the management of this site should realize this is fully and completely a functioning Indian company, owned by Indians, staffed by Indians and transcribed by Indians.  Americans are used to establish accounts here and then its outsourced. ...

Please Be Honest.....
May 23, 2012

How do you guys like working for Nuance?  Do they offer flexibility with schedules? Thank you for any information you can provide :) ...

Let's Be Honest . . ..
Jun 24, 2013

. . . some of this Nuance work is just god-awful; and yet they wonder why it's out of TAT even when they offer extra hours?  Really? The quality of this dictation is so bad that no one wants to do it . . . at least not willingly.  One dictator even whispers his dictation no one will suspect that he hasn't yet mastered English.  I suppose if we cannot hear him then the MT can be blamed.  UGH.  Horrible.I think anything would be better than this job, e ...

Honest Question
Dec 16, 2009

Long story short, I had an accident and lost all but 3 fingers. I had 15 years experience as an MT before that and have been trying to enhance my typing skills so I can get back into it. Is there anything someone could suggest to help me? I really need my jobs back am really lacking the speed with my limited fingers. ...

HONEST ANSWERS PLEASE!!!!!
Jan 07, 2010

I am new to VR and was wondering something.....How many of you actually go through and listen to the whole report and how many of you fix the errors you see, sign it off and go on?  I am just looking at the high lines counts that you guys are getting per hour and am wondering if some of you are not listening to the whole report as that may take more time?  I know that doesn't sound good, but just looking for honest answers here. Also, advice on how to get such high line counts wo ...

Do Not Want To Be An Irritation To MQ, Honest
Mar 08, 2010

Tomorrow is my last day at Medquist. In order to work my shift today and tomorrow I have to take a 45-minute HIPAA on-line training in order to be able to log into DQS. I asked if I could be reinstated on DQS through tomorrow evening but apparently that is not an option. I should just do the training but somehow the inflexibility is irritating to me. ...

Honest Opinions, I Just Need A Job.
Feb 04, 2013

I have a part-time IC job, because I recently lost my employee job that I have.  I haven't been able to find another job and was considering trying Nuance and was wondering if really anyone really enjoys it there. I hear LOTS of negativity, but can you please tell me specifically what it is about.  I don't mind running out of work, because as I said I have my part-time IC job.  I would really like to make maybe $250-300 per week, is that hard to do there?   Thanks ...

LET'S BE HONEST, REAL?
Feb 16, 2014

Every morning starts with a FIESA Email of some ridiculous mistake like: MEDICATIONS: (Oh my God, you left off "Include") 1. Blah 2. Blah 3. Half the medications are wrong, numbers are wrong, etc. Then if you contest it, they say you were endangering the patient. (Really, leaving off the word "includes" is endangering the patient?) ANYWAY, IF THEY WERE TRULY CONCERNED ABOUT THE SAFETY OF THE PATIENT'S LIVES THEY WOULD NOT LEAVE IT IN THE HANDS OF A HORRID, INCAPABLE, PIECE OF ...

Honest Opinions Please
Feb 12, 2015

Is 50 too old to start nursing school (RN)? I know it is not supposed to happen, but will my age prevent me from getting a job besides in a nursing home? I keep going back and forth between RN and MA because of this. Or maybe just CNA at this point. Does anyone have any experience or know anyone who went through this? Thanks! ...

Honest Opinion
May 15, 2015

I really want opinions about this.  There is a dictator where I am constantly having to put a QA note that says to "copy and paste from previous report, or copy and paste from such and such".  I think it takes away from my editing , especially if I have to go in and do several of them back to back during a shift.  My QC says it only takes a few seconds, but I wanted to know if we get paid for leaving these QA notes when the doctor asks for one.  Do you think I am wrong to wa ...

Transcend/MDI, Honest Question
Feb 14, 2010

In all the conferences, we are told that the work that is being outsourced to India (30% of our work) is 3rd shift and weekends because American MTs don't want to work those times.  Can somebody PLEASE explain to me why that seems to be when there is the most work.  We are required to work 1 weekend day every week, and I usually have to jump in and work the other weekend day because of the "SOS" e-mails that start coming in Friday.  I am really puzzled why there is so much wo ...

Amphion? Honest Opinions
Jul 20, 2012

I'm looking for some honest opinions on Amphion.  I really need to get away from my current company and I am thinking about applying with Amphion.  Can anyone tell me if they run out of work very often?  Do they treat their employees well, have a good platform, and pay decently?  Are they fairly flexible with schedules?  I'm looking for any feedback, good and bad.   I would like to know as much as possible about them before I take the time to take their test.  Thanks!   ...

I Just Want Honest Answers And Respect
Aug 20, 2012

I am not asking for charity or a pity party but when there is no work or insufficient work to make quotas I would appreciate the company being honest about what is happening. Don't tell me the docs are all on vacation or it's summertime and no one goes to the doctor in the summertime!!!!!! And if I ask a question I would appreciate an answer and not being ignored. Thank you.  ...

Honest Question About Those Who Are Happy With Their Pay.
May 19, 2013

I do not work for any service currently, but it seems that the general complaint I hear on this site is about the pay. I just wonder how many of those satisfied with the pay are the sole breadwinner in the family and how many have a significant other's income to help pay the bills. I know I would have difficulty making ends meet on less than $40,000 per year. Is that possible at any of the big companies (the average, not the exception)? Thanks in advance for the honest, civil responses ...

Is This Something An IC Is Required To Tolerate? Need Honest Input! Please Help...sm
Dec 01, 2009

I was recently hired as an IC by a small MTSO.  I was told the day I was hired that I would be given work in the morning and it would be my job to transcribe it and print it out for the courier to pick it up the following day at 9:00 a.m. After papers were signed, equipment and supplies were purchased, and I was all set to go, I was informed by the owner that she wanted all of my work emailed to her as an attachment absolutely  "NO LATER THAN 5:00 p.m."  I tried this fo ...

Any Honest Current Info On Keystrokes?nm
May 10, 2011

x ...

Honest Response To Question Re Nuance
Jan 25, 2012

I am really hoping someone will help me, I have some questions regarding Nuance as I tested and passed. Someone can email for private conversation. I want to leave MQ and just want to see how they compare. Thank you for any help ...

Epic - Realistic And Honest Insight
May 02, 2012

Can anyone give me realistic and honest insight as to what effects the Epic electronic record has on employees in the HIM department including transcriptionists, coders, technicians, etc. as well as other employees at doctors' offices. I am contemplating an inside Epic position transferring data from two different electronic record systems into the Epic system. Will this temp position likely be gone after a year or so? I know that a lot of healthcare facilities are moving toward Epic. Epic ...

Just Another Vent About Jobs, No Jobs, Requirement Of Jobs, Etc.
Aug 18, 2010

It is insulting to all of us with the way that MT pay has gone down the drain, it is frustrating and aggravating to look for a "decent" job these days, trying to work out which companies will treat you fairly, which ones lie about their platforms, work, etc., and not only do these companies not want to pay us what we are worth but now I see that MANY companies are requiring the MT to have or "be willing" to purchase hundreds of dollars worth of equipment.  If an employer can PROMISE IN ...

Medical Jobs Online Posting On Jobs Board
Dec 09, 2013

Kind of wondering if this last job posting on the jobs board might be associated with one of those "you pay us to find you a job" type of organization.  I googled Medical Jobs Online and found nothing stating that are a legitimate MTSO :( ...